BREAKING NEWS UPDATE (Wednesday October 15th 2014)!!! BOOK JUST WENT LIVE ALERT!!! And boy he sure is beautiful… I LOVE this cover, and Mr. Beautiful (Up In The Air Book 4) by R.K. Lilley is now live on Amazon (also here’s the series reading order) ———->
Wow… a few “new-to-me” books in here, and they’re the ones that have me *squirreling* most!
Like Bait <— sounds like romantic angst at it’s most hurtiest. and The Remedy for Love (’cause she’s “squatting” in a cabin, he tries to help, and gets snowed in with her), Collateral (well, I mean, I need to read the whole series but the fact that it’s now complete makes me extra happy!), Delicate Ink (even though it sounds like our bad-boy usual, the blurb gave me a bit more of a “feel-good” feel), and Finished (a threesome “couple” but the dynamics are changing…) Ruh roh.
I REALLY can’t wait to choose one… and that “Bait” one is really calling me. Gah!!! Must. Control. The. Squirrel.
‘Cause… I’m reading something pretty great right now:
Due to Bev and MichelleS’s EXTREME love for this book (“Deeper: A Novel (Caroline & West Book 1)” by Robin York),
Bev: I’m still loving Deeper. It is just so good.
Bev: Started Harder and Ouch.
Bev: Just finished Harder. It is going to be hard to leave Caroline and West. I’m going to badger/broken record here. I adored West and Caroline and these books. Really they are a great read. You ladies need to at least give Deeper a try. Just a little sample.
MichelleS: Bev – so I read the sample for “Deeper’ – totally hooked. Instantly. It’s definitely my weekend read. thank you…… (love her inner monologue, the very current could-be-any-girl scenario, and West….. yup…. going to be good, I can feel it.
MichelleS: Bev. BevBevBevBevBev……. I need you. I am 51% into “Deeper”. Oh. Em. Gee. How could you sneak that into the conversation so casually and not SQUEEEEEEEEE like a crazy woman? This is a gem. A find. I LOVE it. It’s the same feeling I had when I read Beautiful Disaster 2 1/2 years ago. One of my first YA novels. I’m tingly. I want to highlight every page. I cancelled my plans for today so I could finish it. Please let the second half be as good as the first. I’m surprised you’re not shouting at Maryse to “read this now”!!!! so so good……. (grinning like a love sick teenager)
Bev: Honestly, I think I was just completely charmed by this book. I like NA but can sometimes have a hard time “being” the heroine, but not with Caroline. I loved her voice. Though some of those *thoughts* are heartbreaking.
Maryse: WHOA!!! WHOOOAAAA MICHELLE!!!!!!! What is this about same “feeling” as BD from 2.5 years ago. WHAT WHAT WHAAAAAAAT!!!!!!??? I need to start whatever it is you’re reading. NOW. I wanna be lovesick!!!!!!!!!!!
Laura: I think it’s deeper robin York maryse are u going to read it? I think I will start it now u in? If it is deeper there’s already a second called harder * claps and jumps *…
Amy: *perks up* Did someone say a book like Beautiful Disaster???? I’m. So. IN!!!!!!!!!!!!! … Soooooo…first Deeper, then Harder? Sounds like– *mouth muffled by someone’s hand* <— Sidenote from Maryse: *snort*
MichelleS: Maryse – yes, it’s “Deeper” by R York that’s got me in a tizzy. Bev just kind of snuck it in there on Friday as a suggestion, or maybe yesterday morning, all casual like. Bev – you didn’t mention it had a follow up!! I went in blind. What I love – all of her thoughts, her predicament, the moody broody guy, all of the writing (it’s just so easy to read, but I want to highlight everything); the friends, the fact that not so much has to happen, but the interactions between people keep me riveted. It’s that feeling. A total gem.
Jean: I am loving Deeper you guys! Definitely has that Beautiful Disaster feel!
Maryse: I’m reading Deeper! Just started it!
Yeahhhhh… there was no way I could move past these honest-to-goodness book-love reactions. I couldn’t help but squirrel off my main TBR and jump in. So far so good. Great writing, awesome heroine, and pining galore! And then… more reactions.
Aimee: Deeper goes in my top 5 fav reads of all time. So glad you’re reading it!
Cori: The writing is soooo good!! Maryse, I just read and loved these last week!!
Bobbi: Omg Maryse … Harder … the next book after Deeper … omg. I can’t even …
MichelleS: I just finished “Deeper”, so I one-clicked book 2 “Harder”. Those book titles! What was she thinking? Giving Amy way too much material here. Well, I loved it. I knew I’d be crying at some point. Laughing. Smiling. It had everything. A very likable heroine and hero. And even her dad. And his sister. I just connected with it. Thank you Bev, again, for sharing it. (keeping my fingers crossed with you that Maryse likes it too).
Oh happy day!!!!! I’m almost half-way through and very into it!
Soooo… whatcha reeeeadiiiiiin‘?
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- The Devil’s Metal by Karina Halle <— Kat found out that this one, and it’s sequel are on sale!! I read it and loved it! Here’s my review of The Devil’s Metal. P.S. Fun fact: I’m “in” this book. I’m a voodoo priestess. LOL!
- The Devil’s Reprise by Karina Halle <— and now I need to read the sequel!
- Impossibly (Dante’s Nine MC) by Colleen Masters <— She’s trying to start over after tragedy, and he’s a fighter/MC member… “Desperate to get the cash his club needs, Declan agrees to fight in a series of underground death matches—where the stakes are high, and only one man leaves the ring alive. With three fights down and one more to go, the Dante’s Nine MC is almost back on its feet. When Kassenia answers an unlikely Craigslist ad for a dream summer internship in Las Vegas, she has no idea she’s about to fall into the web of the dangerous and mysterious badass biker Declan Tiberi. He’ll move her out to Vegas, give her the funding, resources, and business connections to start her company…the only catch: she has to sign a contract promising that she won’t fall in love with Declan—if she does she’ll lose everything…“
- Beautiful Revenge by John Forrester <— Stephanie found us this one! Sounds like a modern day take on Romeo and Juliet: “When her father orders her to keep away from Keary, Clarise finds herself caught between fighting for her family’s survival and her passionate romance with Keary. Her obsession for him collides into the plot of revenge by Keary’s father, whose sole purpose is the destruction of everything she loves in life.“
- One Night: Promised (The One Night Trilogy) by Jodi Ellen Malpas <— Niki found us this one, saying: “Bargain Alert!!! One Night: Promised is on sale!!! I love Jodi Ellen Malpas’s books so much!!!”
- Dethroning Crown by Lila Felix <— and Niki’s thinking about reading this one. Oh it DOES sound like fun!!!! “A new neighbor moved in next door and he’s decided that everyone needs to listen to his rap music, shattering Lyra’s quiet existence. Enraged, she stomps to the next townhouse over and who should open the door but a man whose good looks and charming smile knock her breathless. How good looking? Just ask him. How charming? He’ll tell you that too. The king must be dethroned. And a small town girl who’s been through hell is just the one to do it.“
- Tempted by Midnight: A Midnight Breed Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Lara Adrian <— YAY MIDNIGHT BREED!!! I love this series! Here’s The Midnight Breed Series reading order.
- Alpha Divided (Alpha Girl Book 3) by Aileen Erin
- Jacob’s Ladder (String of Fate) by Bianca D’Arc
- Desert Bound: A Cambio Springs Mystery by Elizabeth Hunter
- Armageddon (Angelbound Book 3) by Christina Bauer
- Stephen: Samuel’s Pride Series by Kathi S. Barton
- When Darkness Fell: An Elemental Enchanters Story by Carrigan Richards
- Redeemed (House of Night Novels Book 12) by P.C. Cast
- Dead Man’s Hand: A Sin City Collectors Novella by Kristen Painter
- SHIVER: 13 Sexy Tales of Humor and Horror by Liv Morris, Belle Aurora, R.S. Grey, Daisy Prescott, Jodie Beau, Z.B. Heller, Penny Reid, Ruth Clampett, N.M. Silber, Ashley Pullo, L.H. Cosway, C.C. Wood, Jennie Marts
- Angel of Chaos (Imp Book 6) by Debra Dunbar
- Remembered by Moonlight by Nancy Gideon
- Sublime by Christina Lauren <— Ooooooooh this sounds good! “Colin has never been captivated by a girl the way he is by Lucy. With each passing day their lives intertwine, and even as Lucy begins to remember more of her life–and her death–neither of them is willing to give up what they have, no matter how impossible it is. And when Colin finds a way to physically be with Lucy, taking himself to the brink of death where his reality and Lucy’s overlap, the joy of being together for those brief stolen moments drowns out everything in the outside world. But some lines weren’t meant to be crossed…” <— Eeeeeep!! Thanks Lee!!!
- Reignite (Extinguish Book 2) by J.M Darhower <— I LOVED book #1 (Extinguish <— here’s my review), so I’m just gonna… *squeeee!!!*
- Darkest Before Dawn (A Guardian’s Diary Book 1) by Amelia Hutchins <— Zombies and preppers!!
- Mr. Beautiful (Up In The Air Book 4) by R.K. Lilley <— JUST WENT LIVE!!!!
- Love Like Crazy by Megan Squires
- The Salvation of Daniel (The Blue Butterfly Book 2) by D.H. Sidebottom
- The Remedy for Love: A Novel by Bill Roorbach <— YAY! This one sounds so good! He helps out a woman who’s stranded, realizes she’s homeless (squatting in a cabin), and due to a snowstorm, ends up having to stay with her…
- The Billionaire’s Christmas (A Sinclair Novella) by J. S. Scott
- Collateral (Blood & Roses Book 6) by Callie Hart <— Lauren just announced a new release from a well loved series! She says: “Last Callie Hart Blood & Roses book, Collateral, is LIVE!!! Last ZETH MAYFAIR book! I’m gonna miss him…” Here is the Blood & Roses Series Reading Order. I think it’s a DARK series! Nope! Patty clarifies for us saying: “I loved the Blood & Roses series. I wouldn’t say it’s exactly a dark read but the hero is definitely an “anti” hero and it’s not your typical love story. I highly recommend it!“
- Ruin (Songs of Corruption Book 2) by C.D. Reiss <— MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!! Sally says: “Absolutely giddy over this release!!” and Lori agrees: “Love love her books!!”
- Three and Out (Love and Sports Series Book 3) by Meghan Quinn
- Fractured Lines (an Out of Line novel) by Heidi McLaughlin <— “I’m losing faith in the man I thought I’d spend the rest of my life with, and there’s nothing I can do to stop it. He’s the one I trusted to keep me safe, but now he’s the source of my greatest pain…“
- Delicate Ink (Montgomery Ink Book 1) by Carrie Ann Ryan <— Sounds good. She just moved into town, wants to get her scars covered, and visits the local tattoo artist and… “Although wary, they embark on a slow, tempestuous burn of a relationship. When blasts from both their pasts intrude on their present…” Actually, the whole burn makes it sound really good. Like “feel-good” good (meddling siblings and all that. I love that!). Plus I like the sound of “slow burn”
- Hate: A Love Story by Laurel Curtis <— great title and an awesome cover!! Now to figure out that blurb… and Niki says: ”I love Hate a love story, so good!!! She is such a funny writer!!!“
- Unconditional Surrender – An M/M Military Bundle <— An anthology loaded in M/M military romance books!
- Fallen by Leslie Tentler
- SCHOOLED 4.0 by Deena Bright <— I think it’s the whole series bundled. Listed as: “Four Books in One”
- The Cat’s Meow (SEALS, Inc. Book 5) by Mia Dymond
- Finished by Claire Kent <— Sounds angsty and tumultuous. They’re a threesome but… “What once was fun and casual is now a tangle of conflicting desires. Drayton wants to keep his freedom. Julia wants a real commitment. And Mike…well, Mike just wants her.” Color me intrigued!!!! And considering I loved another standalone book by the same author… I’m extra intrigued!
- Something Like Redemption (Something Like Normal Series Book 2) by Monica James
- Nomads’ Fall: MC Romance (Burning Bastards MC Book 2) by Ryder Dane
- An Indecent Affair Part V by Stephanie Julian
- Strike Out: Mustangs Baseball #6 by Roz Lee
- Alex: A Cold Fury Hockey Novel (Carolina Cold Fury Hockey) by Sawyer Bennett
- Battle by KJ Bell
- On the Naughty List by Lori Foster, Carly Phillips, Sugar Jamison, Beth Ciotta
- Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean Book 1) by Bella Jewel <— MODERN DAY PIRATES!
- One in a Million (Lucky Harbor Book 12) by Jill Shalvis
- Bait (The Wake Series Book 1) by M. Mabie <— Aly Martinez, one of my FAV authors has been very excited for this one’s release, and therefore, so am I! She says: “It’s so so so so good! Very different. I absolutely loved it. I’m pretty sure my friends are sick of hearing me rave about it. HAHA!“ Now lemme check out the blurb and see what all of the fuss is about… oh yes… that blurb HAS ME!!!!!! Oh wow… yah. Yep. Here’s just a bit of it… but the whole darn thing sounds intense!
His girlfriend knows.
[The guy she’s with is a fool.]
I’ll never love anyone like I love him.
[She doesn’t love me enough to choose us.]
It was the wrong place.
[It was the wrong time.]
It should have been him.
[It will always be her.]
- Falling: A 7-Novel New Adult Anthology by Chantal Fernando, Lex Martin, Jules Barnard, Jane Harvey-Berrick, Whitney Barbetti, Jade Eby, Sarina Bowen <— Seven bestselling stories of love, heartbreak, and redemption.
- Beneath the Scars by Melanie Moreland <— HERMIT artist alert! “Time to think—to be by herself. It’s all she wants. It’s the escape she needs. Until she stumbles across the painting that seems to echo her own chaotic mindset. Until she meets the unfriendly artist behind the stormy painting and discovers his secrets. All Zachary Adams wants is to be left alone...”
- SEAL’s Obsession (Take No Prisoners Book 4) by Elle James
- Mack’s Witness (Hearts & Heroes) by Myla Jackson <— MARINE.
- The Truth About Love by Sheila Athens
- At Bluebonnet Lake (Texas Crossroads Book #1): A Novel by Amanda Cabot <– meets rich handyman while visiting her grandmother.
- Blind Side Of Love by Beth Rinyu <— Oooh sounds intense! “One summer. One guy. One reckless act changed her world forever…..”
- No Letting Go (Man-Maid) by Anne Rainey
- The Affair: Week 5 by Beth Kery
- Until the Beat Stops by Stella Bowen
- Dirt Road Summer (Dirt Road Summer Series Book 1) by Ashley Johnson
- Starter Wife by Moriah Densley <— Her rich husband divorces her… “Just when Linnea fears she’ll lose everything, her new neighbor steps in to help. Not that she’s judging by appearances, but TJ Gates looks like trouble with a capital T. Tattoos, motorcycle, and sexy southern manners, TJ is the last person Linnea expects to be her hero.“
- Sinful Rewards 4: A Billionaires and Bikers Novella by Cynthia Sax
- On the Mountain (Follow your Bliss #5) by Deirdre Riordan Hall
- SHATTERED (Scars Series Book 3) by C.R. Gress
- Good Guys Wear Black by Lizbeth Selvig
- Remember Me (Men of Honor Series Book 1) by Lara Van Hulzen <—Detecive with amnesia… and the nurse that helps him “After being left at the altar, Tess Jansenn moves to a new town and starts over. When her ex-fiancé, Ben, shows up in the ER where she works with no memory of her, she must decide – tell Ben who he is or let him remember on his own.“
- The Beauty Series Bundle: Beauty from Pain; Beauty from Surrender; Beauty from Love by Georgia Cates <— her super popular series now bundled!
- Love Me Later (Second Chances Book 1) by Libby Rice <— He’s a fighter and she’s a socialite… “When the two meet, neither can deny the instant attraction that wells between the hulking fighter and the heiress who is miles and millions out of his league. But a vicious attack leaves Scarlet physically and emotionally battered, and for Ethan, her allure crumbles along with the rest of his life after she accuses him of wielding the knife…”
- Blame It on the Mistletoe by Nicole Michaels
- The Job by Jove Belle
- Depths of Lake (The McCain Saga Book 3) by Keary Taylor “Lake McCain: a Marine, tall, ripped—and the best friend of my dead fiancé. Cal died to save Lake, and now Lake claims that he carries a debt to me that he can never repay…“
- Liquid Regret by MJ Carnal <— FAMOUS ROCK STAR (with issues)… “Mia Lee has spent the past year forgetting about the week that changed her life forever. A chance encounter brings her face to face with the man who has the power to break her heart all over again. She wants the fairytale, but Damien Reynolds is no prince. How far is she willing to go to live out her dream of the perfect relationship?”
- Lost in Us by Heidi McLaughlin
- No Quarter Given by Lindsay McKenna
- Forgiving Reed (Southern Boys Book 1) by C.A. Harms <— “The only thing that kept her going was the one little piece of joy she still had in her life, her baby boy, Rhett. She had no choice but to move forward and give her son the best life she could. Which meant moving back home. Except there was one problem. Home was where Reed would be… The man who once held her heart, then shattered it into a million pieces.“
- Because I Can (Montgomery Manor) by Tamara Morgan
- Chasing the Stars by J.D. Rivera <— “What started out as a sweet friendship turned into something he never thought possible, until she vanished… Their paths collide a year after they last saw each other, but they are both harboring secrets. Will they be able to trust and love each other again, or will the secrets rip them apart forever?“
- Bar 49 by T.A. Hardenbrook
- House Of Payne: Payne by Stacy Gail <— Lost her brother in an accident (she was driving)… suffering from scars (inside and out). And then their’s “Payne” the famous tattoo artist… “He knows Becks is exactly what House Of Payne needs, but there’s a problem. The accident that changed her life left its mark on him as well…“
- Finder Fees (A TroubleMaker Novel) by Kelly Gendron <— “When you find her, there are a few things you need to remember. She’s smart and manipulative. She knows how to protect herself. She’s beautiful and she’ll use it to her advantage. But, Mr. Renton, the most important thing to remember… is that she’s mine.”
- Living With Regret (Rains Series Standalone Book 3) by Lisa De Jong <— just released, too! “I had my whole life mapped out. Perfect guy. Perfect friends. Everything was exactly the way I wanted it. That was until that night–the one I can’t remember. It’s all my fault, and now the memories are all I have left of him. Of us.“
- The Winner Takes It All (Love in L.A. Book 3) by Audrey Harte (thanks Lee!!)
- Leaving Time: A Novel by Jodi Picoult <— “For more than a decade, Jenna Metcalf has never stopped thinking about her mother, Alice, who mysteriously disappeared in the wake of a tragic accident. Refusing to believe she was abandoned, Jenna searches for her mother regularly online and pores over the pages of Alice’s old journals…”
- Among Monsters: A Red Hill Novella by Jamie McGuire
- Killer Queen: A Painted Faces Novel by L.H. Cosway <— book #2 after one of my favorites, Painted Faces!!! – expected release date October 20th 2014
- Rowdy: A Marked Men Novel by Jay Crownover – expected release date October 21st 2014
- Beta (ALPHA) by Jasinda Wilder - expected release date October 21st 2014
- The Chalet: The Submissive Series by Tara Sue Me - expected release date October 21st 2014
- Tease Me (One Night with Sole Regret Book 7) by Olivia Cunning – expected release date October 21st 2014
- Cursed: Brides of the Kindred 13 by Evangeline Anderson - expected release date October 31st 2014
- Nights With Him: (Seductive Nights: Michelle and Jack) by Lauren Blakely – expected release date November 11th 2014
- One Night: Denied (One Night Trilogy) by Jodi Ellen Malpas - expected release date November 11th 2014
- Master of Freedom: A Mountain Masters Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Cherise Sinclaire <— expected release date April 14th 2015