Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – October 21st 2014

by Maryse on October 21, 2014 · 119 comments

Some highly anticipated releases on today’s list (like that one over there, to the left). ;) We love us some tattooed bad boys, don’t we? Plenty of those below.

Plus some dark reads, some billionaires, sports stars and fighters, military heroes, and single dads. And single moms, too! Oh and a few of the paranormal releases today are HUGE!!! Jennifer L. Armentrout, Darynda Jones and Maggie Stiefvater. Yeah… this is a great release day! And don’t even get me started on the pre-orders at the bottom of this list. There are TWO that I’ll be reading at the same time coming out in just a couple of days, I just know it. Sociopath (eeeeep!!!) and Here With Me (*sob*) <— The angst!!!!! And then Last Light (which is next week)…

Oh and… please don’t let me forget to start the Darynda Jones – Charley Davidson Series. I hear it is AWESOME and has that slow burn, and is hilarious and everything I’m going to love in a series, and I keep forgetting but it’s like… HUGE on my TBR list.

Also, if you missed it yesterday, don’t forget to check out yesterday’s “Monday Book Releases (eleven exciting-looking early birds!) list. It appears there’s lots to love on that list, too.

A few that look (to me) like they could be fun… Rowdy (of course, ’cause I think it’ll have that unrequited love thing… he used to love her sister), Insidious (her husband controls her, but she’s the one playing a game…), After (I hear this was a super-popular fanfic of “Harry Styles”) but it just got published by one of the big publishers, A Fighter’s Choice (bad boy fighter with issues that notices his neighbor…),  Heart on Fire (she has a one night stand… ends up having a baby. Six years later, her firefighter neighbor starts falling for her… but she’s got secrets… hrmmm.. I can’t help I wonder if HE was her one night stand…)!! *waggles eyebrows* Maybe they did it in the dark? LOL!! KING OF ME (completes the trilogy and I hear he’s very Barrons-like, which I LOVE. Total alpha-jerk!!!) and His <— ’cause it sounds like a dark read. She follows him home… *eeeeep!!!*

So here they are. This list is LONG!!! So many books being released, these days it’s crazy!

*sigh* Has anyone seen my book-Dom around lately? I’m thinking he needs to keep me in line. :P My one-clicker just went nuts.

P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).

BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).

• Unspoken by Brenda Rothert <— recent release from a few days ago that I missed… but bargain priced and has great reviews so far!! “Palmer Sinclair was on the edge of happily ever after when she broke off her engagement to Brady Grant. The end of their relationship marked the beginning of a painful solitary journey for her…” (then they end up having to work on a project together!)
  • Sizzle by Sarah O’Rourke <— Caroline suggests this one! “Sizzle by Sarah O’Rourke is on sale on Amazon. Great sexy funny read.”
  • For His Pleasure (Ten Book BDSM Boxed Set) by Kelly Favor <— WHOA!!!! Ten books bundled. I remember how huge these serial installments were a year or so ago…
  • Station Eleven: A novel by Emily St. John Mandel <— not really bargain priced, and “new-to-me” (recently released) but OMG that blurb! For anyone looking for a quick genre change, I think this might be the one! “A child actress named Kirsten Raymonde watches in horror as Jeevan performs CPR, pumping Arthur’s chest as the curtain drops, but Arthur is dead. That same night, as Jeevan walks home from the theater, a terrible flu begins to spread. Hospitals are flooded and Jeevan and his brother barricade themselves inside an apartment, watching out the window as cars clog the highways, gunshots ring out, and life disintegrates around them…
  • Stolen Course (Wrecked and Ruined Book 2) by Aly Martinez <— look what Amy found us!!! She says: “Stolen Course by Aly Martinez is on sale today.” and I *squeeed* ’cause I love this series! (Here’s my review of book #1 Changing Course and book #2: Stolen Course).
  • Thompson Sisters Boxed Set Volume 2: Rachel’s Peril (Girl of Lies, Girl of Rage, Girl of Vengeance) by Charles Sheehan-Miles <— Amy found us this deal too! “And the Thompson Sisters Boxed Set Volume 2: Rachel’s Peril (Girl of Lies, Girl of Rage, Girl of Vengeance) by Charles Sheehan-Miles is on sale!
  • Frenched by Melanie Harlow <— and Jackie found us this much-loved romance. This one is still on my TBR list and I hear it’s just plain awesome.

• Sociopath: A Dark Romance by Lime Craven <— THIS DARK READ looks soooooooo good!! Releasing October 23rd 2014, and that is making me way too excited!
  • Beholden (The Belonging Duet #2) by Corinne Michaels <— expected release date tomorrow!!!
  • Here With Me (The Archer Brothers Book 1) by Heidi McLaughlin <— releasing October 24th 2014!! <—- OHHH the angst sounds delicious!!! “Ryley knows the risks of being married to the military. But when the unthinkable happens, and her future husband is killed in action, Ryley can barely survive… until Evan’s twin brother, Nate, helps her pick up the pieces…” AND THEN!!!! AND THEN!!! “After serving on a special mission with the military for six years, Evan Archer returns home to find the unthinkable – the love of his life, Ryley Clarke – engaged to his brother, Nate. With Nate on deployment, Evan needs to figure out what happened in his absence, and more importantly, how to win Ryley back from the man he once considered his best friend, but now thinks of as his rival.” <—- eek WHOA!!!!!!! NO. WAY!!!!!!
  • Exposed by Fate (a Serve novel) (Entangled Brazen) by Tessa Bailey - expected release date October 27th 2014
  • Made: A Sempre Novel by J.M. Darhower - expected release date October 27th 2014
  • Prince Lestat: The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice  - expected release date October 28th 2014
  • All Broke Down: A Rusk University Novel by Cora Carmack <— expected release date October 28th 2014
  • Archangel’s Shadows (Guild Hunter) by Nalini Singh <— expected release date October 28th 2014
  • Dark Duet: Platinum Edition (The Dark Duet Book 4) by CJ Roberts – expected release date October 28th 2014 <—– Eeeep! I MUST have this! “For the first time ever ALL the BESTSELLING BOOKS in the DARK DUET series are available in one complete set. The Platinum Edition also includes: 1) The NEW 30,000 word novella DETERMINED TO OBEY, featuring secondary characters Kid, Felipe, and Celia. 2) Eight scorching-hot fan-written Dark Duet short stories hand-selected by the author. 3) CJ’s favorite interviews & Reviews
  • Last Light (The Night Owl Trilogy) by M. Pierce <— #1 is one of my favorite books ever (the start of our “stuffed manatee” obsession in fact). Here is my review for Night Owl, and now #2 will be out SO SOON!!!!! THIS MONTH!!! *squeeeeeeee* - expected release date October 28th 2014
  • Play with Me (Novella) by Lisa Renee Jones - expected release date October 28th 2014
  • Yours for Christmas (Fool’s Gold series) by Susan Mallery <— expected release date October 28th 2014
  • Baby, It’s Cold Outside by Jennifer Probst, Emma Chase, Kristen Proby, Melody Anne, Kate Meader - expected release date October 28th 2014
  • Damaging Me (Savor Us Book 2) by Emily Snow <— expected release date October 31st 2014
  • Cursed: Brides of the Kindred 13 by Evangeline Anderson - expected release date October 31st 2014
  • Pull (Part Two of Push) by Claire Wallis <— ON PRE-ORDER on Amazon (and releasing soon!! November 6th 2014)!! *squeeeeee!!!* OMG I just LOVED book #1 with it’s dark romance, and all of it’s delicious twisty-turny stuff. And then that ending!?? *gasp* *whoooooo!!!* Finally relief is on it’s way! YAY ME!!! ’Cause I LOVEDDDDD PUSH (<— my review)!!!
  • HOME: Social Media #6 by J.A. Huss <— expected release date November 5th 2014
  • Revival: A Novel by Stephen King <— expected release date November 11th 2014

Amy P. October 21, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Stolen Course by Aly Martinez is on sale today for $.99.

Maryse October 21, 2014 at 12:09 PM

*squeeee!!!!* Thank you! I LOVE that one!!!

Amy P. October 21, 2014 at 12:21 PM

And the Thompson Sisters Boxed Set Volume 2: Rachel’s Peril (Girl of Lies, Girl of Rage, Girl of Vengeance) by Charles Sheehan-Miles is on sale for only $2.99!

Maryse October 21, 2014 at 12:25 PM

YES!! Okay adding it. :D

Jackie October 21, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Frenched by Melanie Harlow is also on sale for $0.99

Amy October 21, 2014 at 12:59 PM

“Maybe they did it in the dark?” <—– BORING!!!! :P

One week until Last Light??? Yay us!!! Oh wow, Station Eleven looks gooooood! Different and perfect for spooky season. Speaking of Halloween, I wanted to use up some of my bubble gum vodka (so freaking yummy!!) left over from the Blow-Pop martinis, and lookie what I found:

I think the Boo-Berry Bubble is a winner for Tuesday martini and release day. Well, it's not *exactly* a martini, but put it in a martini glass and voila! :D

Laura October 21, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Lol sounds good to me any happy martini Tuesday!! Can’t wait Until last night next week!! <—– that sentence is weird

Maryse October 21, 2014 at 1:12 PM

“Well, it’s not *exactly* a martini, but put it in a martini glass and voila! :D

I like where your head’s at, Amy!!! Martini’s are all classy and stuff. ;)

*snort* LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Fabi October 21, 2014 at 1:18 PM

I one clicked King of Me and pre-ordered Pull as well as Last Light. I am SO looking forward to reading those.

Diane M October 21, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Maryse! Will you (pretty please!) add my book? Summer Tour – Diane Matlick, thank u!

Laura October 21, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Yeah Amy maryse it’s 19.39 here that’s totally happy hour !!!

Michelle October 21, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Also House of Korba by CL Stone is out the 26th. This is the newest release in the Ghostbird series. I love love this series and highly recommend it! I think there is a box set out right now for the first four books for .99 or the first book is free to try.

Amy October 21, 2014 at 2:31 PM

That’s right…and if we lift our pinkies while we hold our glasses then we will look realllllly classy! LOL!!

Happy hour, Boo-Berry Bubble drinks and Dex…I’m set for tonight!

By the way, has anyone read or heard anything about After by Varian Krylov? It looks like a post-apocalyptic *very* dark read and right up our alley. Thoughts anyone?

Fabi October 21, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Amy, I started reading After a few weeks ago. It sounded good to me from the blurb too. I have gotten sidetracked from it with all these other fantastic reads but I’m planning on going back to it as soon as I get a breather. I’m probably going to read every single one of her published works because imo that author has Talent with a capital T. The little I’ve read of After so far is good to great.

Cheryl October 21, 2014 at 3:38 PM

One-clicking Stolen Course, have had Changing Course on my tbr for a while.
Happy Martini tuesday!!

Lauren October 21, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Unbroken by Scott Hildreth is up for pre-order. Can’t wait!! Head steppin….

Amy October 21, 2014 at 4:41 PM

I thought I had already one-clicked Frenched a while back but I guess not, and now I get it for .99…thanks Jackie! :)

Fabi, that’s what I was hoping to hear! Sounds like it might just be a blankie-cave read. ;)

Jean October 21, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Lauren, Yay Unbroken! I preordered that too and Pull because i know I’m going to need to read that one right away!

Amy, I thought After looked good too. Maybe we can all do a buddy read together at some point. Like for real! Lol!

MichelleS October 21, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Amy: “After by Varian Krylov” – post apocalyptic, dark and by this author. I am so there. Going to one click that one for sure.

MichelleS October 21, 2014 at 5:23 PM

I just read the blurb for “Stolen Course”, the one that’s one sale for .99…. sounds so good…. lost his fist love…. now dating the sister of who was responsible – and he wants revenge? Sounds great!

Amy October 21, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Yay!! After is going to be a buddy read! Another blankie-cave read…I love those! What do you say, Maryse? You in?

*looks around for Maryse*

Uh-oh, hide your martinis, ladies…Maryse could be anywhere. :P

Amy October 21, 2014 at 5:47 PM

One more quick thing, are Changing Course and Stolen Course all-male POVs or dual POVs?

Jean October 21, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Amy they were both dual POVs and so great!!!!

MichelleS October 21, 2014 at 6:47 PM

I just finished “Hate: A Love Story”…. torn on this one. I am going with 3.5 stars. The pacing was a little off for me. And the mix of all that angst (multiple people dying, and a ton of other serious situations, tragedy after tragedy) with the snarky humor was weird for me. And, in the end, I just didn’t connect with them or believe a lot of what was happening. It was like a soap opera. It had some good parts, but I’m not excited about it (like I was with Deeper). Sorry……

So what did we decide? When’s the group read of “After”….. huh huh? I am starting King #3 if no one chimes in….

Michelle October 21, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Addicted After All, the conclusion to Lily and Lo’s story, by Krista and Becca Ritchie is coming out October 31. Can’t wait for that

Tessa October 21, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Black Spring by Christina Henry (Black Wing series) is coming out next week, Oct 28. :-) I love this series.

Sherry D :) October 21, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Wow, *Here With Me* sounds heartwrenching and full of angst.

Maryse, if you read it, I wanna read with you :)

Michelle October 21, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Ugh does this only happen to me…6 of my library holds just came through and 2 more books off booklending like all within the last 2 days! Too much all at once – forget looking at any new books! Where do I even start: Mudvein, Take Care Sara, The One, Flowers from the Storm, The Beautiful Ashes, Magic Breaks, Fifth Grave Past the Light, and Aftermath?

Amy October 21, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Thanks, Jean!! You know how I am with all-male POV books. ;)

MichelleS, I’m working on Darkhouse right now, but I’m all for After when I’m finished…anyone else in?

I am not a good one to ask about Mudvein, Michelle…it was a 5-star read but I HATED it. With a passion. And I loved it, too. I know it makes no sense, but there it is. I’ve heard Take Care, Sara is good though.

Amy October 21, 2014 at 8:28 PM

*giggle* Sounds like Sherry is gonna need the stuffed manatee. ;)

Cheryl October 21, 2014 at 8:31 PM

I didn’t see After by Varian Krylov on Amazon.

bev October 21, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Hey, Laura when it comes to PNR the two Michelles have me beat and have great suggestions but thought I’d throw my two cents in.
The Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. Mercy is hands down one of my FAVORITE heroines.
Katie Macalister Aisling Grey series is funny and sexy with a dragon shifter hero and one of the best side kicks EVER in Jim. He is a demon and decides to take the form of a Newfoundland.
Written in Red♥♥♥♥♥♥
EIT enjoying it and really like Perry. And Dex though he is not afraid to let his freak flag fly.
Nalini Singh two series Psy/changeling and Guilde Hunter have great world building, strong heroines and very alpha heroes.

Fabi October 21, 2014 at 8:33 PM

I was thinking King after I finish with the twins. But Amy I can easily be talked into going back to After for a buddy read.

MichelleS, I barely started After before squirreling away from it but I can already tell you that while it’s good, maybe even great, it’s not on par with Bad Things.

bev October 21, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Flowers from the storm, lol.

Fabi October 21, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Oh that’s right Cheryl. I had to get After from B&N because Amazon doesn’t carry it.

Jean October 21, 2014 at 8:42 PM

I agree with you on mudvein Amy. I read take care sara and loved it!

Ready to start After with you guys as soon as I finish Push.

Amy October 21, 2014 at 8:50 PM

After isn’t available on Amazon anymore? Was it banned or something, like Her Master’s Courtesan was? I checked and it looks like I bought it in April of this year. Hmmmm…at least it’s available on B&N.

Another disturbing-book group read!! *bouncing in seat* :D Only here can we love stuff like that.

Michelle October 21, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Hey Bev I put that one on hold all because of youuuu…oh and Aftermath too so maybe you need to help me read them because I seriously feel overloaded! Amy, I have no idea what you are talking about haha…I’m already confused what to read, don’t confuse me more :P

Oh speaking of pnr recs, the next Karen Chance book Reap the Wind is suppose to come out 11/4 – great series with one of my favorite male characters Pritkin

Michelle October 21, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Jean you loved Take Care Sara and I’m ready to start something before bed so I’m going to go with that one. I need to really pull out my fast reading skills to get through all these books!

bev October 21, 2014 at 9:22 PM

I have got to start that Ilona Andrews series
I’ve only read three on your list and they were all good read. Is Fifth grave a Darynda Jones one? I think I’ve read through three of them. Enjoy them a lot but do you ever think there are too many one liners. Really funny but……maybe I’m to grumpy.

Michelle October 21, 2014 at 9:37 PM

You have to read the Kate Daniels series…seriously have to…I barely come up for air when I get into her books. Magic Breaks is the newest one – book 7. Yep fifth grave is where I’m at with Darynda’s series. I totally agree with the one-liner comment – I mean they are hilarious but it can get old. For me that series is super entertaining though overall – they were quick reads for me too so hopefully I can knock that one off my stack of books fast.

Jean October 21, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Michelle, there a short novella after a take care Sara, merry Christmas Lincoln. and i loved that just as much if not more!

Michelle October 21, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Thanks Jean – I missed that and added it to my borrow list. I just realized Unlit Star which I loved is by the same author so I have high hopes for this one now.

bev October 21, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Jean I didn’t know about that. That was the third book I read on Michelle’s list. Sad and sweet, would love to read a follow up.
Michelle they are funny and a fun read. I love the *guests* who come and hang out, uninvited, at her home.
I’ve read that in the Kate series that WIR the shifter aspect impacts the story. I like that. Not just told they are a wolf but they act completely the same as anyone else.

Tessa October 21, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Agh, I’ll never catch up with all the books coming out. Now a new Karen Chance? I started to read it, and somehow, stopped. I just found it again, and am reading that instead of King 3 and Stone Cold Touch, or Seventh Grave. I’m at that point where I think I need a list of PNR series just to keep them straight.

I’m going to agree with Michelle. Ilona Andrew’s books are insanely good, especially the Kate Daniel series. Another is the one I mentioned earlier, The Black Wing series by Christina Henry. A different take on angels, and a little bit on the extra emotion feels.

Laura October 22, 2014 at 2:34 AM

Thanks bev will have to take note of them also the only ones I have read from that is EIT and the psy/change I loved those! But I’ve started reading cover for now I’m going to see how it goes I’m not very far in but we will see!

Nickie Asher October 22, 2014 at 6:59 AM

This blog is going to totally blow my budget and make my TBR stack even worse. LMAO

Denise Willson October 22, 2014 at 8:55 AM

New to this site – what awesome lists! I’ll be watching!

Denise Willson

Michelle October 22, 2014 at 11:44 AM

FYI Painted Faces is free right now – go grab this one if you haven’t read it sooo good!

Cheryl October 22, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Amy, how are you liking Darkhouse? I think it starts off slow.

Susan October 22, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Forked by Melanie Harlow is out also. It is #2 in the Frenched Series.

Claudia October 22, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Maryseeee!! You MUST read Bait!! Drove me insane, so much angst, I don’t know who I want to smack first him or her :( I shouldn’t have read it now because there is a part 2 and I’m going crazy but pleaseeeee read this book! You will love it :) )

Jean October 22, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Thanks Michelle regarding Painted Faces! I haven’t read it yet! And thanks to Susan too, didn’t realize there was a 2nd book to Frenched which was a nice sweet read!

Michelle, how are you liking Take Care Sara?

Amy October 22, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Frenched…Forked…someone has a tongue fetish. :P

Nickie, book excitement is contagious around here but so much fun!!

Cheryl, I’m about 70% into Darkhouse, and I’m liking it…even though I’m yelling at them in my head to get it on already! It did take a little bit to get going but it has a nice pace now. I think it will be one of those series where I will split up the reading with other books in between, but I’m pretty sure I’ll be sticking with it. Great Halloween reading, huh? ;)

Tracy October 22, 2014 at 2:11 PM

I just grabbed Painted Faces. One I wanted to read and free is always good!

I am in the throes I of reading the Blood and Roses series by Callie Hart and I can’t believe how much I love Zeth! He may even be up there with Zsadist for me.

Michelle – I wasn’t totally crazy about Mudvein. It was very heavy and depressing.

Loved Frenched, it was very sweet as Jean said. Also I had a hard time with Darkhouse. I wanted to like it more since everyone seemed to like the series so much. There are so many other ones that I want to read that I haven’t read anymore of the series.

Cheryl October 22, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I did not know there was another book in the Frenched series. Have to get Forked!!

Amy, I know I want the loving to begin… ;)

Cheryl October 22, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Amy, it is a good Halloween read.

Jean October 22, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Oh Cheryl, you did not make just make that comment with Amy lurking around here, did you?!? Haha!

Tracy…. Did you say Zhadist…. OMG I’m on it!!! My favorite BDB brother!

So when are we starting After girls? I’m still finishing Push, but will be done tonight and ready to start something new!

Jean October 22, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Ooooo Tracy, I just checked and I already have Deviant downloaded! Yay!

Tessa October 22, 2014 at 2:56 PM

I have to try After because of the MC’s name. I still have King 3 Seventh Grave and Stone Cold to read, but finding out I bought a book I want months ago and NEVER read it, I have to read it. I did buy After, though. Bad boy, bully/ jerk, British accent and my name! It called to me… with an accent. :-P

Amy October 22, 2014 at 3:24 PM

*snick–* Wait…hey!!! *sits up straight* Lurking?? You make me sound like a damn succubus prowling around here just waiting to pounce on y’all!!

Oh…uhhhh, yeah. *snort*

What were we talking about now? That’s right…After. I’m finishing up Darkhouse today or tomorrow, so Friday maybe. Are we gonna be disturbed by it??? I think we are gonna be disturbed by it. So fun!!!! :D

Tracy October 22, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Look out Jean. That is how I got into trouble. Deviant was free. They are all short fast reads and the next books are not free and I am flying through them. Can’t wait to hear what you think of Zeth.

Amy October 22, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Tessa, sweetpea…we’re not talking about the “good” After with a hot British bad boy, we’re talking about the “bad” After by Varian Krylov with some very bad men. VERY bad men. Wanna join us? There’s going to be a blankie cave, the manatee and these cocktails:

‘Cause it’s a post-apocalyptic book and all. ;)

Jean October 22, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Haha Amy! Thanks for clarifying After for me….I was getting confused! I thought it was the”bad” one we were talking about. (And the other “good” After is $7.99…ugh!!) OK I can definitely start by Friday! Looking forward to being disturbed by it!!!

Jean October 22, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Oh shoot, the “bad” After is $8.99 on B&N…..what the?? Going to try Smashwords…

Amy October 22, 2014 at 3:54 PM

What??? It’s 8.99? No, no, no…I don’t wanna read it alone, ladies!! :?

Colleen Everly October 22, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Love Heart on Fire by Brandy L Rivers it was a great love story.

bev October 22, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Amy & Cheryl EIT is just my type of pacing. Usually with books I want it to slow down. And if it is from the heroine’s pov I love looking for all the little signs that he is starting to fall.

Tracy & Jean Painted Faces is so so good. One of those that you do not want to end. I’m beyond excited there is a follow up. Really put it close to the top it is so unique and wonderful.

Fabi October 22, 2014 at 4:29 PM

I downloaded Painted Faces. Thanks for the heads up.

I finished Sought. Turned out to be my fav so far cause it was more angsty than the others. I felt so bad for Deep.

I downloaded #4, Found. But I’m going to take a short break from sci fi and read Draw from my tbr. Just started but so good already.

Amy, I’m in with After Fridayish if you still wanna. Gives me a good reason to get back to it.

Tessa October 22, 2014 at 4:32 PM

BN for nine? Eeep! Just checked. Same price on Smashswords. 0.0

Cheryl October 22, 2014 at 4:51 PM

I just read saw After on smashwords too. Gives about the first 70 pages as a sample.

Cheryl October 22, 2014 at 5:00 PM

What kinda english did I just type? Can’t even blame it on autocorrect. I meant to type saw After on Smashwords; didn’t “read saw” it!! :)

MichelleS October 22, 2014 at 5:20 PM

I can’t even find “After” by V Krylov on Amazon!! What the bleep-bleep?
I’m going to miss out on a group read? Where are you all finding it?

Jean – Zhadist is a close second to Rhage for me (I loved his and Mary’s story – have re-read it so many times – crazy!!!) “It’s happening. That bonding thing.” gah! I miss those guys….. (the new ones in that series don’t do it for me).

Fabi October 22, 2014 at 5:30 PM

MichelleS you can get it from B&N. Amazon doesn’t have it.

Jean October 22, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Guess I will take the plunge and buy After on B&N. Friday start then…

MichelleS, I still have 5 more books in the BDB series to read. I love them all really!

BTW, my head is spinning with Push….I am trying to figure it out and am freaking and apprehensive at the same time…. 71%

Michelle October 22, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Yey glad a bunch of you were able to get Painted Faces – really great book and was shocked I saw it for free!

Jean, I’m not too far into Take Care Sara yet but just sat down to get back to it after a very long work day.

Tracy, Amy and you both are making me not too excited to read Mudvein – I’ll admit I borrowed this one on a whim and reviews were mixed but I wanted to see what all the talk was about.

Even though I have this pile of borrowed books, I looked at After and was instantly intrigued so I’m joining in on this buddy read you all are planning. I will plan to start it Friday :)

Cheryl October 22, 2014 at 6:51 PM

I don’t think my head can wrap around After, with reading Darkhouse. I think I need to change it up with something different.

Nickie Asher October 22, 2014 at 6:52 PM

I just grabbed a copy of Painted Faces. It sounds really good. Thanks for the heads up.

bev October 22, 2014 at 8:34 PM

So still reading Red Fox. And it is the scene at the bar with Billy Joel’s ” She’s Always a Woman.” I was just thinking that if their relationship had moved faster this scene wouldn’t be as fun. Does Max remind anyone else of Howdy Dood?

Yami October 22, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Did anyone read Against the Cage? Am I the only one so excited for book #2 next week, Full Contact (Sidney Halston)? Cannot wait!

Rachel October 23, 2014 at 1:15 AM

I’m a little jealous y’all are just now reading EIT. Probably my most favorite series ever! I have reread them, but there’s nothing like the first time. ❤️ Dex and Perry.

MichelleS October 23, 2014 at 7:16 AM

I’m having a bipolar love affair with King right now. It is love-hate times a thousand. He may have gone too far this time! Anyone else reading King #3? It’s even better than the first two, and that’s saying something. I love it when a series gets BETTER, because so often the follow ups fall flat. Not this time!

While I am reading King #3 I keep thinking, “I bet Bev would love this” because it is so original (in the way that WiR was original). I haven’t read anything like it.

bev October 23, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Michelle S it sounds like a great read. I grabbed it on Monday because of the love for it. Plan to start it soon.

bev October 23, 2014 at 9:19 AM

Is # 3 the last or is it an on going series?

Cheryl October 23, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Amy, I’m probably going to start on Red Fox, because I need to get to the point where there’s some loving between Perry and Dex. ;) Plus, I usually need to read the entire series or I forget things that happened and have to re-read it. Problem with getting old…

Cheryl October 23, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Amy, do you think things just don’t add up with Dex and his relationship with Jennifer. He needs to stay in a motel because she’s upset about him with Perry, but yet then he says she could care less if he’s home. Hmm, just saying there’s something there for Perry…

Jean October 23, 2014 at 2:42 PM

OMG guys! Just finished Push and my heart is pounding, my thoughts racing erratically…..I am speechless….. Going to read Maryse’s review of it right now….. maybe that will make me feel somewhat better… I don’t know! I am reeling from this book!!!

Fabi October 23, 2014 at 2:56 PM

*hugzzz* for Jean. I think there’s a discussion about it too. I have my own opinion and interesting to hear others but that’s the only place to share to avoid spoilers.

Jean October 23, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Thanks Fabi….I need it!

bev October 23, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Michelle S Maryse has the reading order up for one of your recs. The Mageri series. #1 is .99 so had to grab.

MichelleS October 23, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Bev- I think King is a trilogy and this is book 3 – so that’s good news, and book one is FREE and book two is only 2.99…. so more good news. It is fantastic.

I saw the Mageri series link! I loved that one too. So original. So many characters to fall in love with. I wanted to be her so badly.

Both are good choices for fantasy / PNR fans. Not the typical PNR – very very original.

Amy October 23, 2014 at 5:34 PM

“…but there’s nothing like the first time.” <—– Unless you are Ellie from Sins & Needles. :P

Cheryl, I get what you are saying about forgetting stuff in a series if you don't read the books back to back. I'm going to start After and then maybe Red Fox after that. Yeah, Dex and Jennifer…not sure what the deal is with that whole thing. :?

But…the King's books are looking pretty intriguing right now, and I'm trying to put off Push until the second book comes out but Jean is being Push-y about it. ;) Not sure what I will start when I'm done with After…

Amy October 23, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Michelle, don’t let me sway you from reading Mudvein…Tarryn Fisher isn’t known for feel-good, sickening sweet, simple, easygoing love stories, and this one is no different. I say I loved and hated it because I loved and hated how I felt when I finished it. You’ll understand when you read it. Yes, I said “when” you read it. ;)

Jean October 23, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Haha Amy! I just can’t wait for your reaction to Push….sorry I’m being pushy about it! Lol

I have the first 2 King books and feeling really squirrelly about them too!

Amy October 23, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Jean, it’s the “good” kind of pushy…the kind we come here for! How else would we find such gems to read? ;)

MichelleS October 23, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Ooh – the “other” Michelle is contemplating Mud Vein, eh? I hated it!!!! But I loved it!!!! I will never forget it, that’s for ding-dong-dang sure. Two ro three days of misery…. but what a read!

Jean October 23, 2014 at 6:25 PM

I think we all have the love/hate thing going with mudvein… but it is also one I will never forget and I love Tarryn Fisher and her writing style!

Joy October 23, 2014 at 7:09 PM

I just finished Insidious… Have you had a chance to read it yet??? I need therapy!!! I need to talk to someone about this!!! HELP!!!

The Other Michelle October 23, 2014 at 7:29 PM

Well I’m going to read Mudvein for sure but I pushed it back on my reading order since I wasn’t in the mood for the love/hate type of read. When I hear that people can’t forget it though…I mean sign me up even if I’ll be miserable for a bit.

Jean, I’m still reading Take Care Sara (dang work is crazy this week) but I love it and can’t put it down when I’m finding time to read. I need to finish it tonight so I can start After tomorrow. I have Push and just haven’t read it yet but your reaction to it makes me really want to!

bev October 23, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Is anyone planning on reading Last Light on Tuesday?

Cheryl October 23, 2014 at 8:53 PM

LOL Amy, poor Ellie’s first time. :)

I just started Red Fox, when I’m done with that I may squirrel and read something else because I’m not sure how long I can resist Push-y Jean. ;)

Cheryl October 23, 2014 at 8:59 PM

I agree about Mudvein, it was one of those books that I really loved how well it was written and the uniqueness of the story, but when I was finished I was like what?? and why did I read this again, because I read the author’s “warning” before starting it.

Cheryl October 23, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Saw this 15% off Barnes & Noble coupon. Since After is only available on B&N.
Enter code ZSJJ1A3SF8EPP at checkout.

Fabi October 23, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Not sure if B&N coupons work for ebooks

Cheryl October 23, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Didn’t read the fine print, you’re right Fabi. :(

bev October 24, 2014 at 12:11 AM

The Other Michelle, this made me laugh. Can we call you Tom?

Finished Red Fox and now onto The Benson.

MichelleS October 24, 2014 at 7:25 AM

Michelle – that was hilarious (the other Michelle)….. we have such similar taste in books it’s a wonder anyone can remember who is who…. read Mud Vein when you are in a freaky mood…

Fabi October 24, 2014 at 9:10 AM

I just finished Draw (Gentry Boys #1) by Cora Brent. It was featured on Maryse’s Sept. 30th list. Wow, it was so good. I really felt for the characters. I wanted to wrap them all up in a huge hug and paint the world pretty for them. My only complaint is that I wish the story had been longer. I just wanted more.

Fabi October 24, 2014 at 9:13 AM

I guess I’ll wait for Friday’s list to decide what to read next. It will be either After, if several of you are also going to read it, or King of Me. Some of you are already saying how good that one is. My only problem is that I want to review the previous book before I dive in to #3. I don’t have recall like MichelleS does. I don’t even remember how 2 ended.

bev October 24, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Classic fall weather, music and hot chai.♥ Hope you ladies have a wonderful day. And happy Friday clicking.

MichelleS October 24, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Fabi – book three of King trilogy is the BEST of the bunch. I couldn’t remember book two either, but she explains and reminds the reader of the previous plot lines and who did what. I am hooked. If you read the first two you should definitely read this one. Non stop action. Crazy good.

I never got to go to B&N so I am going to miss out on reading After. Let me know if it’s worth a trip to the bookstore after you’re done with it.

Fabi October 24, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Michelle you don’t have to go to B&N. They have a free reading app called Nook. You can download it to any device or if you prefer, they have an online reading option that doesn’t require anything but a browser. So you can buy and read electronic nook books just the same as you do electronic kindle books.

Fabi October 24, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Thanks for the heads up on King 3. It’ll be easier to get to if I don’t have to worry about revisiting 2 for a refresh.

MichelleS October 24, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Fabi – thanks for the info – I have the Kindle app on my iPhone, so I guess I can download an app for Nook. I just really really like using my Paperwhite – so I am spoiled – I am going to wait to see what you have to say about it. I trust you since you read the good version of Krylov.

Fabi October 24, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Well, this is my second go at After. It doesn’t start on the same level as the others we read did.

MichelleS October 25, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Does it end on the level of the other two books I’ve read? because they were both great!

Fabi October 25, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Lol I haven’t finished it yet. For me, it doesn’t start at the same level. I’ll let you know when/if I finish it.

Anna October 26, 2014 at 2:56 PM

I’m 2/3 through Station Eleven right now and am loving it! The writing is brilliant and the whole story is completely captivating. Highly recommend!

I also just purchased Blue Lily, Lily Blue and can’t wait to start it. The other 2 books in The Raven Cycle (The Raven Boys and The Dream Thieves) have been amazing! I love pretty much anything Maggie Stiefvater writes, and this series has confirmed that my love is in the right place.

Claire November 1, 2014 at 4:30 PM

OMG… I pretty much had a heart attack when I realized my debut novel, Coming Home to You is on your new releases list. I know I’m a little late to the game, but thank you so much!!!