Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – October 8th 2013

by Maryse on October 8, 2013 · 17 comments

YAY release day!! I know a TON of us have been waiting for this one to the left (*grins*), but there are a bunch of goodies on today’s list! A novella from Stacia Kane’s “Downside Ghosts” series (Terrible!! *heart*), the latest from Teresa Mummert’s “White Trash series”, a few new rock star books, a bare-knuckle fighter book (he likes the ring girl… I always wondered when the ring girl would get one of ‘em… ;) ) Oh and a new one where a male Sergeant and a female Private First Class in the Marines… “fraternize”. Ruh roh!! LOTS to choose from, so take your pick. Plus a few good looking bargains, too!

P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any. :)

Oh and!! If you have time today, check this out—> I was interviewed on Simon and Schuster’s “XOXO After Dark“!! Eeeeep! So exciting and I was nervous, but it was fun. Great questions. They asked me about some of my favorites, too. PLUS! They made me choose between Ryan Gosling or Channing Tatum. ;)

A few great looking BARGAINS: (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).

• Cake or Death by Sarah Rielle <— the reviews are promising. They say it’s funny, even though the subject matter seems pretty dire (she leaves her abusive husband). I’m curious!
  • LUKE: Complete Series by Cassia Leo <— complete bundle.
  • Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill <— I was in the mood to give myself a little fright last night (to add to my Halloween season :D ), and started this book by Stephen King’s son!! He bought a ghost off of an online auction site. Eeeeep! Plus! So far so good (and pretty scary – I didn’t have nightmares yet but we’ll see tonight). PLUS! It’s bargain priced, so I couldn’t resist! And Kristi agrees: “Oh…yea i second Joe Hill ..heart shaped box creeped me out.”
  • The Shining by Stephen King is on sale right now (’cause the sequel Doctor Sleep: A Novel was just released!) A SEQUEL!!?? Whoa! YES! Looks like a few of us are in the mood for a bit of horror right now ’cause Claudia just asked:

Claudia: Question: Should I read The Shining( Stephen King) before Doctor Sleep?

Marie: Yes / absolutely

Jeannie: Yes, but not at night lol

Maryse’s Book Blog: LOL!!!! True SO TRUE!!!

• Curveball (The Philadelphia Patriots) by V.K. Sykes <— sexy baseball player at only 0.96 cents! Even more of a deal than usual!
  • Finding You (The Bad Boy Series) by S.K. Hartley <— okay here’s a recent bargain priced release that has me curious. Me ‘n my love triangles! ;) Although from the looks of this cover… it looks like they become a team. ;) “Do I want the man who can cut through all of my pain or the man who could cause me more?  … Fists will fly, hearts will shatter and desire will be fueled.”

Courtnee October 8, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I LOVED Fraternizing! It was interesting because I haven’t read a lot about the military and didn’t realize fraternizing was such a big no-no! Alex is a ALL Alpha male but not the ‘typical’ bad boy we love. He is a Marine who used to following the rules and his attraction to Cassie challenges him to the core of his beliefs. I really like the pace of this book and was sad to see it end. I read the first chapter at the end of Unattainalbe my Madeline Sheehan and had been axiously awaiting it’s release evere since!

Maryse October 8, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Thank you Courtnee!! That is one that is at the TOP of my TBR list. I love the taboo-ish ones (even though this is more of a rule than a taboo) and it sounds so different. Plus you said alpha! ;) MINE!!

Heather Walley October 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I finished Doctor Sleep last week. Stephen King is what got me started reading when I was a kid, and The Shining was one of his best. It was very slow moving with backstory and character development up until the 50-60% point. However, I felt like it offered some further explanation into “the shining” and provided some closure to the story. If you are a fan of early Stephen King books, I highly recommend this. Yes, you need to read The Shining first. The movie doesn’t end the same as the book, so be prepared if that’s your frame of reference.

Kristi October 8, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Yes…Joe Hill. All that talk of creepy books the other day made me pull Heart Shaped Box out again for another go. Hope you like it Maryse!

Maryse October 8, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I can’t wait to get back to it!

Jen October 8, 2013 at 2:21 PM

So excited for Convicted – about 20% in so far and I am just blown away. Absolutely loving it and had a few surprises already. Wish I could pull a sickie today – stay home and read for the next 24 hours!!

Elizabeth October 8, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Me too Jen! Convicted. Is. Amazing @70 percent in. I’m feeling every emotion and don’t want the ride to end!

Courtnee October 8, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Oh wow- I wasn’t sure I was quite ready to dive in to Convicted but I think I’ll have to shift my TBR after those praises! Thanks ladies.

Jean October 8, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I didn’t know where to post this comment, but wanted you to know I read Don’t Make Me Beautiful by Elle Casey in one day! Could not put it down! Was looking for something different from OUR normal reads and this definitely took me there…….I really think you will like it!! PLEASE PLEASE READ IT SO I CAN GET YOUR TAKE ON IT!

Maryse October 8, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Okay Kristi, I like it a lot but I need to be even more scared than that. I’m at 50-something % and while the writing is great and this is so very cool and creepy (voice box scene made me eeeep!), i want to sleep with the lights on tonight. Any other recommendations?

Maryse October 8, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Or will this one do the trick if I keep going? ;)

Lisa M October 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Going to start Convicted now!!! So excited to read what happens next! I just finished Found in You bt Laurelin Paige. Wow what an awesome sequel to Fixed on You. Definitely recommend it!!! I could. Not put it down. Good thing I work from home so I could read on my breaks, during lunch and later while cooking dinner!!

Anna October 9, 2013 at 6:46 AM

I love Joe Hill! Heart Shaped Box was totally awesome and creepy. I also LOVED Horns, and NOS482. He’s such a great story teller!

Barbara Ann October 9, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Thank you for taking the time to post all this great book info to help readers learn about and keep up with books they like! I appreciate your efforts and always check in to see what’s new!

kristi October 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Have you tried any Clive Barker? His Books of Blood are pretty good. Some other authors to look into are Peter Jackal, J.A. Konrat ( creepy stuff), and Jeannine Garsee’s The Unquiet.

kristi October 9, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Oops..thats supposed to be J.A Konrath lol

Lisa M October 11, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I just finished reading Convicted!! Amazing!! It couldn’t put it down! Life and responsibilities got in the way or else I would have finished it sooner. After the first two books I thought what could possibly happen in the third. Aleatha Romig did not disappoint. Brilliant writing!!!