Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – September 23rd 2014

by Maryse on September 23, 2014 · 124 comments

<— Oooooh I’m already finding some that I’m *squirreling* over… *squeee!!!*

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!! (September 24th): Hopeless by Colleen Hoover is on sale!! (Thanks Amy!!) Here is my review. This book is awesome! —>

AND!! Temper For You by Genna Rulon was just released today. It is book three in her “For You” series. I believe each one is about a different couple so likely can be read as standalones, although getting to know them all from the start is best (and I loved book #1. Here is my review of that one).

So far… making me squirrel #1 is a vampire one. Unrequited <— GAH! It sounds awesome (’cause he’s a history teacher in a normal town, hiding the fact that he’s a vampire, and a new high school student comes to town… also hiding that she’s a vampire). Eeeeep!! And of course Deacon (’cause I’m a Kristen Ashley addict!) and Stay with Me (’cause I love this author, and I always love romance that starts off along the lines of “a girl walks into a bar…”) ;) and With the Father ’cause what’s a *squirrel-fest* without something absolutely forbidden to tempt me with? Yikes!!!! And I can’t forget Tell Me You Love Me ’cause that cover has me, but that blurb? HAS ME EVEN MORE!! OMG this is gonna be awesome, I can just tell!

Plus I noted a bunch more, below, and added some brand new “pre-orders” that just came up!

And don’t forget to check out yesterday’s “early-bird” releases list. Plenty of awesome sounding ones on there, with one super-forbiddeny one that made my eyes bug out when I read the synopsis.

P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).

BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).

PARANORMAL

CONTEMPORARY

PRE-ORDERS

Shell September 23, 2014 at 12:26 PM

I am reading ‘Deacon’ and nearly at the end. What a wonderful book, I am really loving it.

Rachel September 23, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I read With the Father by Jenni Moen in one sitting, so that might be a good addition to your list! I *think* you’d like it a lot, and many of your readers will too. It’s about a priest, but there is a MASSIVE twist that you will not see coming. Check it out!

Maryse September 23, 2014 at 12:51 PM

YAY Shell!!!!

Thank you for that update… I’m finishing “57 Letters to my lover” and then I think I’m starting that one next. Does it read well as a standalone?

Maryse September 23, 2014 at 12:51 PM

I LOVE twists, Rachel!!!

Kellie September 23, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Caisey Quinn’s new one is out today too! Falling for Fate.

Maryse September 23, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Thanks Kellie! I’m adding it!!

Amy September 23, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Wow, vampires *and* a teacher/student situation? I’m in!!! And the Chosen series…each book is normally 4.99, plus there are some prequels in there as well. Yay us!! Stay With Me is a given (love that author), and Revenge sounds like it might get crazy. But I am still sticking with With the Father right after I finish my current read. *That* one is going to be fun. *snort* Yeah, I say that right now…

Maryse and Cheryl (and everyone else who loves makeup talk!), remember the combo I told you about with MAC Prep + Prime in Radiant Rose and the Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller? I found something that is absolutely fantastic when that combo isn’t enough! The Anastasia Beverly Hills Pro Pencil is the *best* concealer-type makeup I think I’ve ever tried…and it doesn’t look cakey under my eyes like regular concealer!! *clapping hands and squealing*

Maryse September 23, 2014 at 1:17 PM

YAY AMY!!!! I need new concealer!!!! I just ran out of my MAC concealer (you know that oily-ish one in a pot). It’s good, but wipes off too easy… and I can never put it under my eyes ’cause it ends up looking gross.

YAY US!!!! Okay can I get it at Sephora?

Amy September 23, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Yes!! That’s where I picked it up. I was already in love with that brand because of the Dipbrow Pomade (not all of us have great eyebrows, lol), but THIS discovery was so exciting!! I’m just so thrilled about how it works so well under the eyes…and definitely doesn’t look gross! And it’s perfect elsewhere on the face! Can you tell I’m excited?!?!? :D

Maryse September 23, 2014 at 1:35 PM

I’m picking one up tonight absolutely!!!!

bev September 23, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Started Deacon, of course.
The Chosen does look good. Might be nice to read the prequels and get to know the characters before they meet. I always have a problem reading a prequel after the main story. I want to keep moving forward, I guess.

Tracy September 23, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Now listen Amy and Maryse! I am already spending too much money on books and Amy has me wanting to drink martinis every night. Don’t start with the makeup!

Maryse September 23, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Lol.. Pooooor Tracy. ;)

Welcome to our weekly book/makeup/martini party. ;) it happens at least twice a week, and usually lasts all week long. Hehe.

Shell September 23, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Off course Maryse, the book reads wonderful as a standalone, you are talking about Kristen Ashley after all who writes the best alpha, badass heroes and this one is antihero who is silent and broody but protective at the same time. I am loving it soooooo much.

Shell September 23, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Amy I want that concealer too as all these books I am reading at night instead of sleeping but where did you got it from?????

AvidRdr September 23, 2014 at 4:31 PM

I just finished Deacon. Blew. My. Mind. The story felt like old school KA. While I typically read everything she publishes, the last few books were missing that authentic KA feel. Good… but not like Deacon. This book was hawt… stubborn alpha male with a sassy chick-lit!

Could not put it down.. I’m feelin’ full force book funk with no prospects..

Amy September 23, 2014 at 4:57 PM

LOL Tracy!!! Yeah, what Maryse said. *giggle* It really does turn into a week-long party. And if a comment is made that can be taken in an, ahem, inappropriate way, it *really* gets fun!

Oh Shell, that concealer is sooooo perfect for the day after a late night with our books! I picked it up at Sephora. I think pretty much everything we end up talking about on here, with the exception of MAC, we have picked up at Sephora or Ulta. Yay!!!! More makeup addicts!!

Michelle S September 23, 2014 at 4:58 PM

What a list!!!

Deacon is calling my name. yay. a KA fix, finally! That is NEXT….

New Species #12… been loyal to this series… loved many… liked some… for my next PNR fix for sure…. it’s the old school PNR… one couple per book, lots of growling and male posturing… damsel in distress… like Lora Leigh’s Breeds, but lighter….

And “Love, in Spanish”? are yo kidding me? I LOVED “Love in English”… it was such a surprise…. gotta grab that one too….

Now to go and keep reading “Bad Things” (V Krylov)…. it’s so so so so bad….. the kind where you turn off your Kindle if someone looks over your shoulder. But I am hooked…

Amy September 23, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Not sure how good this tastes but come on, it’s funny!! Ya know, ’cause daddy = priest? Oh man, I’m so going to get struck down by lightning now. *snicker*

Cheryl September 23, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Big Daddy Amy :-)

Yeh, makeup and there are definitely days I can use the extra concealer!

Cheryl September 23, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Stay with me is a standalone right and Getting Even does sound good.

Can’t wait for Love, in Spanish, but in the meantime, I am enjoying Karina Halle’s The Artists Trilogy- because it is a different story line and keeps you guessing about what really is going on and how in the world it is going to end.

Michelle September 23, 2014 at 6:06 PM

Oh yes good reviews for Deacon yey – I’m starting that one tonight! The Chosen series is completely new to me but got it for that price. Unrequited, I hope this one is as good as it sounds!

Shell September 23, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Oh Amy , what a shame I don’t have Sephora where I am, they all closed down, oh well I will have to look at online. But I want that concealer… No I need that concealer.

Michelle September 23, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Oh and Amy I am a HUGE makeup addict and MAC is my favorite for years now. I have enough MAC to open a counter (really not kidding :/)…and nail polish is a weakness too. I’ve never tried that concealer but have tried the brand so might check it out.

Maryse September 23, 2014 at 6:22 PM

I’m reading “Letters for my Lover” from Saturday’s list and it’s good! First 30% is a bit slow as we get to know the characters and their connections, but soon after that it gets emotionally intense and pretty much stays that way (at least so far)…

Maryse September 23, 2014 at 6:26 PM

I’m a huge MAC fan, too. But right now I’m on a serious Bare Minerals kick! Their eyeshadows are awesome, and I also use this subtle face shimmer/color powder they have is amazing… I use the “pure radiance” color and it’s barely there but totally gives a glow…

And of course I’m addicted to their buxom lipglosses. I love makeup!

Fabi September 23, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Unrequited and Love, in Spanish for me. I’m trying to be real good and not go crazy with the new lists. ;-)

Tracy September 23, 2014 at 7:20 PM

I’m a Bare Minerals girl myself and I love their concealer. I haven’t used too many of their eyeshadows because they are a bit too shimmery for my eyes.

Amy – if I had a couple of those I’d be calling everyone Big Daddy! I think I should stay away from those.

Cheryl September 23, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Maryse, I like the sound of the Bare Minerals face powder, I could use a glow! And I LOVE the Buxom lip glosses too!!!! Gotta go to Sephora!! ;)

Amy September 23, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Shell, you can buy makeup from Sephora online, and they even have online only stuff! :D

OMG Michelle!! That’s freaking awesome! I’m with you and Maryse…I *love* MAC. It is so worth the price, isn’t it? Nail polish…yeah, I better not get started on that. Let’s just say I buy polish by the collection, so between 6 and 12 bottles each time. Last count was over 300. But it’s so much fun!!

Maryse, you have to tell what you think of the Pro Pencil!!

Amy September 23, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Cheryl, Stay With Me is a standalone, but all of the books are interlinked with the different couples popping up in each at times. It’s nice to know their backstories. ;) And Love, In Spanish…I can’t wait!!!!!

Bare Minerals Pure Radiance…isn’t that the one with a very slight pink shimmer to it? If so, I love that one!! It is so pretty and really is subtle but adds so much to the face.

You know what would be hilarious? If Tracy had a few Big Daddy drinks and called a priest Big Daddy!!! LOL!!!!! :P

Tracy September 23, 2014 at 9:08 PM

Oh Amy there are so many things wrong with that including the fact that it totally cracks me up! One never knows just what I might do after a few pops.

Becks September 23, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Hi Maryse. Just saw that Slammed by C.Hoover is on SALE!!!! $4.79 right now. Normally $7.99. Wanted to share. :)

Fabi September 23, 2014 at 10:51 PM

I had to one-click The Chosen Series. I mean, it’s nearly impossible not to pick up an entire series for $0.99 right?

Amy you have me intrigued with that concealer. You say it’s a pencil concealer. It doesn’t go on too thick and caky? It’s always a hard balance between good coverage for under-eye concealer and thin enough that it doesn’t cake on.

bev September 23, 2014 at 11:48 PM

82% into Deacon. It definitely has that vintage KA feel and love the beginning set up. But..but…but a little disappointed. Wanted more of that set up and of well another part.
Don’t want to say too much but will be curious as to what others think.

Michelle F September 23, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Just started Deacon today and I have to agree that this one definitely has an old school KA feel. It’s totally sucked me in! I love this Unfinished Heroes series (Creed is one of the best KA books ever!). Also one-clicked Love, in Spanish. Karina Halle is one of my favorite authors. I’ve read all her books and enjoy her writing every time.

bev September 24, 2014 at 12:56 AM

Finished and yes somewhat disappointed.

Maryse September 24, 2014 at 1:01 AM

I ended up loving Letters to my Lover! 4 to 4.5 stars…

Patty September 24, 2014 at 6:19 AM

Maryse, you’ve mentioned With the Father by Jenni Moen, so I have to recommend her first 2 books, Finding Joy and Remembering Joy. I loved them!

MichelleS September 24, 2014 at 7:48 AM

I’m getting behind!!!! Oh no….. but still totally loving Bad Things…. it’s a long book and life is getting in the way. Xavier is one of THE baddest bad boys ever. Ranks right up there with Soren from Original Sinners series… and Caleb from Captive in the Dark. Maybe even a little darker and more sadistic, if you can believe that! I am uncomfortably engaged and blown away by page after page. I’m at love – hate with him right now. And I like that. FABI…. do you have a hangover from all this?

MichelleS September 24, 2014 at 7:52 AM

Bev – oh no…. no no no no no….. not another disappointment from KA? please don’t say that…. the last few have been like that for me. Maybe that formula doesn’t work anymore? Or there isn’t enough oomph? I didn’t finish Frankie and Benny’s story. I tried so hard. I loved those characters. But not enough was happening. Dang it! I’m going to give it a try anyway – up next on my TBR list. (A little scared because this wasn’t my favorite series of hers anyway…).

MichelleS September 24, 2014 at 7:55 AM

FABI – aren’t you asking yourself why no one else is reading this book? I know I am! Everyone went berzerko for The Tied Man a while back… you’d think they’d be all over Bad Things…. ? huh? I don’t get it. It’s better than TTM, I think. I guess it’ll just be our own dirty little secret?

MichelleS September 24, 2014 at 7:58 AM

Fabi – I need an intervention. Someone to talk to…. we need to start a discussion thread. I need support to get through this. A few hints of my woes: “daddy” “three hours” “car ride hazing after” “shop vac” … I’m going to need therapy….. tell me there is good news ahead…. please….

bev September 24, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Michelle S do not be to worried. I seem to be the odd one out with this one. Very likable characters and she even goes somewhere that’s a little different for her. Maybe I was just over excited to start with. Yes more oomph is what I needed. Certain parts needed to take longer for me.
Again heard great early buzz and reviews great day of so could just be me and my mood.

Amy September 24, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Fabi, it’s a chubby pencil but goes on smoothly. It has a sharpish point at first so it’s best to use the side part of the concealer until it is more rounded on the tip…I learned that the hard way. ;) But yeah, it’s the best concealer I’ve found, especially for under the eyes.

And I agree about the Chosen series. Those four books would normally be almost $20, so that is an insanely good deal!

Tracy September 24, 2014 at 8:33 AM

MichelleS – you have me intrigued now. I loved The Tied Man but Bad Things didn’t grab me. I’ll go back and take another look.

Amy September 24, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Maryse, it packs a punch, right? After I got over trying to understand the pull between them initially (I think it was just me being in a mood ;) ), then I was able to enjoy the angst and intensity. The lakeside cottage… *sigh*

MichelleS, I would try it out at some point but M/M just doesn’t do anything for me. In the third Up In the Air book, there was a chapter from her male friend’s POV with his boyfriend and I felt…nothing. At all. I was bored. I have a hard enough time with male POV books. ‘Cause I’m odd like that. Besides, it’s just a *little* too soon after TTM for me. ;)

Fabi September 24, 2014 at 9:22 AM

MichelleS, I am in such a fog. I can’t hardly think of anything else. I’m on her 3rd book now. This one is F/M. This woman can write sex like no other. But it’s not just the sex, it’s getting inside these characters and feeling all their joy, fear, horror, acceptance and finally healing that’s really doing it for me. Like many here, I tend to skim heavy sex scenes, they’ve gotten a little old and tired for me. These books are graphic but there is so much more going on than the sex. Gah. I don’t know how to explain it. NO this book and her others are not like TTM. There’s a slight resemblance. But also a strong resemblance to Try. And the one I’m reading now and most of her others are F/M. She just uses sex as the medium to explore deep emotional pain, trauma and heartache. Then she uses it as a medium for healing.

MichelleS I’d be happy to switch to email with you. I know what you’re going through reading this for the first time. And you haven’t met a couple of very special characters yet. Can’t wait till you do. I think you’ll change your mind about what you’re reading next.

I think you just encountered his sister’s horror. OMG right? But pay special attention to how they handle it. How they handle her. Like she’s the most important thing in the world, IN SPITE of the horror they had going on. They somehow focus everything on her wellbeing. HOW can they (he) do that? Right? What kind of special person could do that? Be that way? And, girl, just wait, cause it gets nothing but better. I just want to go read it again. So please, feel free to email to vent rant discuss whatever. I don’t want to keep cluttering up Maryse’s blog with this book and author.

I’m going to read some of her other ones that are not m/m to see if they are as good. But they are older works so her talent may have developed over the years until she gave us Bad Things. I don’t know yet. But 8′m looking forward to finding out. I’m reading After now. The sci fi aspect caught my eye.

Fabi September 24, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Tracy, are you talking about Krylov’s Bad Things? There’s another book by the same title that I haven’t read yet. It’s by a different author. If you’re talking about Krylov, how far did you get in it before you decided you didn’t like it? I’m just curious.

Again, I caution everyone that if m/m bothers you, this is NOT the book for you.

MichelleS, did this one get you out of that book humbug you were in? It did me. ;-)

Fabi September 24, 2014 at 9:41 AM

OMG MichelleS I just re-read your post about the “parts” you mention. Aren’t the all so powerful?

The car ride hazing memory just brought a big smile to my face. Bam! What a scene. Both emotionally and physically. Because, really, could you think of anything more appropriate at that point? God, I loved it!

Fabi September 24, 2014 at 9:43 AM

There are so many of these parts or scenes if you will. Wait till you get to the courthouse scene. One small moment. So powerful, so poignant. I was in tears.

Fabi September 24, 2014 at 9:47 AM

I can’t even mention any of the other dozens of scenes or I’ll spoil it for you. Just know that the punches keep coming. Page after page until the very end when you’re left completely rung out, satisfied and in a total fog. (Book fog ladies, book fog…lol)

Andee September 24, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover is $0.99 right now!!!!

Maryse September 24, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Amy!!

Me too, I’m not big on male POV books unless I REALLY loved the male (like Travis)…

I prefer single POV and from the girl’s perspective. Of course I’ve enjoyed plenty of dual POV’s but my preference is to “be the girl” and worry about all of the romance things that I’d normally worry about in real life, without knowing what “he’s” thinking. Makes the potential angst that much more intense…

Fabi September 24, 2014 at 10:09 AM

I agree that single POV is better. When there are dual POVs I find it distracting. I generally won’t read an author’s follow up book if it’s nothing more than the opposite POV. Not only does it not do anything for me, but it even takes away from the original story when I didn’t know that other POV.

I don’t know if you were referring to Bad Things. But this one is not a dual POV. Neither is Dangerously Happy, the second one I read. You only get a feel of the other POV through actions, looks, gestures. Like any single POV book I guess.

Fabi September 24, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Here is what I think is a good measure of whether you’ll like Bad Things.
If you liked/hated The Tied Man you’ll like/hate Bad Things. It is not so horror inducing but still cringe worthy. If you loved the love story of Try, then Bad Things, and much more so, Dangerously Happy will blow you away.

These books all contain elements of Beautiful Disaster, Maybe Someday, Surviving Rain, etc.

In fact, I think there is also a strong relation to Surviving Rain. I remember feeling this way with that one too.

bev September 24, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Not sure how much love I had for TTM, lol. I’ll definitely keep Bad Things in mind. Right now just not in the mood for gritty.

Fabi September 24, 2014 at 10:35 AM

I hated TTM. Still hoping the follow up to that one will clean some of the bad taste it left behind.

Fabi September 24, 2014 at 10:39 AM

I amy need a little break from the gritty myself. I’ve been immersed in it for almost a week. I’m thinking Unrequited might be next for me. Anyone going for that one?

Tracy September 24, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Fabi – yes I was talking about the Krylov Bad Things. The blurb didn’t really prompt me to one click. It may have been the m/m and not sure why because I don’t have a problem with it. I couldn’t wait for Blay and Qhuinn’s story in BDB series. TTM for me was a rollercoaster ride and I loved all the emotions. After your other descriptions of what this is like I think I’ll get it and read it after finishing Fallen Crest.

Amy September 24, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Exactly, Maryse! “Being the girl” and feeling what we would feel in real life is a perfect way to put it. I may feel the emotion with the guy’s POV – need I bring up Bright Side? – but I really don’t feel the angst, even when it is their turn in a dual POV…although I do like those sometimes, too. ;)

The exception is Transcendence…that would not have had the same impact from her POV or even a dual POV. That is one of those books I wish I could go back and experience for the first time again!

Fabi September 24, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Well Tracy, if you do read it, I’ll volunteer as a reading buddy via email. You’ll want someone to vent with lol. But I think Maryse and the group here has had more than enough of my rambling about it. Very embarrassed about going on and on. :-/

Amy September 24, 2014 at 11:06 AM

It’s raining today, so I’m thinking something paranormal since I finished On Every Street, maybe start the Fever series or even Unrequited? Once I finish with my work, of course. ;) Or maybe I will start Shooting Scars after all. Ugh, I’m just going to flip a coin or else I’ll never decide and end up not reading anything. I know you ladies know how that goes!

Maryse September 24, 2014 at 11:32 AM

I don’t know what I’m going to start next… but first I have to review “Letters”, and then… ? Which to choooooose, which. To. Choose? Unrequited looks good…

Maryse September 24, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Or “I Want it that Way” or OH!!!! I’m thinking “Tell Me You Love Me”. Although I think that one *might* just be a tad like “Letters” if you get my drift. <— haha! I sounds like a 80′s actor. “Get my drift”. Tee hee!

Fabi September 24, 2014 at 12:01 PM

I’m at 15% with Unrequited. It’s got my attention. It looks to be a short one, so perfect as a break for me. I downloaded the sample first, then bought the book. Different, at this point, than other vampire novels I’ve read.

Maryse September 24, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Sounds good Fabi! I think I’m starting it tonight… :)

Amy September 24, 2014 at 12:47 PM

LOL!!! I just had a flashback of about half a dozen classic 80′s movies, including Patrick Dempsey holding a boombox over his head. Oh!! Guess what I’m making tonight after that little throwback…

And you’re not helping my book indecisiveness. Not at all. :P

Although…Unrequited is looking appealing. Fabi, keep us updated on it!

Michelle September 24, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Bev, I didn’t start Deacon last night afterall but sad you didn’t like it. Is it the shorter length of the book that makes certain scenes too rushed? I’m finishing Apollyon today and think I’m going to just continue with Sentinel and finish out the Covenant series first.

Yes Fabi, type a quick update when you finish Unrequited since I’m really really curious about that one! Oh and I would love a Krylov rec for a F/M book if you are reading that author – any approaching the quality of Bad Things?

Michelle September 24, 2014 at 1:05 PM

FYI Sweet Addiction is free right now!

Fabi September 24, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Had to go to work for a while. I won’t get another chance to read until tonight so you ladies may be ahead of me by then if you read it. But in the beginning I didn’t see anything to not recommend it. It is set up to be a good story. Teacher/Student + vampire. Guess I’ll see if it delivers. :-)

Tracy September 24, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Amy – my vote is for The Fever series. Barrons is just so so …. Oh he makes me crazy.

bev September 24, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Amy FEVER!! & JOHN CUSACK!!

Michelle it could be but I think the areas I felt were rushed is part of KA’s style of story. Can’t wait to hear what you think.

Cheryl September 24, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Amy you have to read Shooting Scars. So much better than OES and “explanations’ are finally given, the angst level goes up, and you definitely yell at your kindle and say NO…don’t do that…oh damn, how could you be so stupid…again ;)

Maryse, that’s exactly how I feel about male POV, it gives too much away and I generally like being in the dark about what he’s thinking and just go with “being the girl.”

Amy September 24, 2014 at 3:47 PM

OMG Bev, it *was* John Cusack, not Patrick Dempsey! I was thinking Can’t Buy Me Love but it was Say Anything.

Arrrrrrrgh! I still have no idea what to start right now! Alright, I’m flipping a coin. No, seriously…I am literally going to flip a coin. Heads Unrequited, tails Fever series, and if I miss it and it falls on the ground then Shooting Scars (you wouldn’t believe how possible it is for that to happen with me). Here goes…

Amy September 24, 2014 at 3:50 PM

I freaking didn’t catch it! See?!?!? And I’m sober right now!

Okay, Shooting Scars it is, then Unrequited, then the Fever series. Ya hear that Jean???? We’re starting the Fever series…so quit hiding from me!! :P

Cheryl September 24, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Amy I was going to say I’ll read the Fever series with you , but damn did you see how much each book costs and there are 5 books, a spin-off series and then there are going to be 2 more books once the spin-off trilogy is complete!! It makes my head hurt. ;)
I think I’ll check if the library has them…

Fabi September 24, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Cheryl, I got mine from the library when I read them a few years ago. Hope yours has them. :-)

Cheryl September 24, 2014 at 5:24 PM

And I did promise Jean I would read Surviving Raine next! ;)

Amy September 24, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Yay! My Fever reading buddy! :D I still have two books to go before starting Fever – and that’s assuming I don’t squirrel – so no rush. ;) Just let me know when you get the first one!

Fabi September 24, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Cheryl, I’m so jealous you’re getting to read Surviving Raine for the first time. If I didn’t have so many waiting to be read right now I’d read it again along with you. Loved that book!

Cheryl September 24, 2014 at 6:52 PM

Fabi, now I really can’t wait to start Surviving Raine.

Amy, I checked and my library has the fever series. I have two books also before starting Fever, and then I’m your reading buddy!! ;)

Maryse September 24, 2014 at 6:54 PM

I’d just like to announce that I am now a Sephora VIB member. LOL!! Yep, I’ve spent enough on makeup that they think I’m special. :P

Michelle September 24, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Ok random question but this was posted on goodreads and I’m racking my brain trying to come up with some books – not just to contribute but because I’m interested in this too. What are some books with love triangles where the heroine picks the ‘second’ guy (maybe the one she kisses second or is the less alpha male or underdog)? The post in under PNR/urban fantasy but interested in any genre. Thanks is you can think of any – there is one I just read I know but it’s not coming to me…

Amy September 24, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Yay Cheryl!!! :D We need to pull Jean in, too…if she ever decides to pop back in!!

Maryse, welcome to the VIB club!!! I loved the little silver folder thingy that said “Your beauty addiction has officially paid off”…fitting, right? *giggle*

Here’s to being addicted to makeup and becoming a VIB (the recipe is at the bottom of the page)…yummmmmmm!

Amy September 24, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Michelle, I’ll have to look at the books on my Kindle app but will let you know if I have read any of those…definitely not the normal scenario. ;)

Linda September 24, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Lol me too Maryse!!! Got my pretty card this past summer!! When I present it even the cashier is like wow! Not sure how I feel about being such a high maintenance junkie!!! I think I could have my very own Bare Minerals store!!!

Maryse September 24, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Clementine vodka!? Yes please! :D

Jamie September 24, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Grabbed Deacon and Revenge! Two of my favorites – how did I miss them?? I just finished the new dark romance Watch Me Fall by Nora Flite and Nicole Snow’s new biker book Wicked Kind of Love. Loved them both.

Maryse September 24, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Ohhhh I just came back from Bare Minerals too! Got a wildflower pigment to go with my pretty dream sequence quad, and re-purchased my Pure Radiance and also bought flawless radiance..

And I bought the concealer Amy was telling us about up there. That’s the first thing I’m trying when I get home.

Amy September 24, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Right?!? I’m going to make a trip to BevMo tomorrow and see if they have some.

And Linda is a VIB, too!!!! :D High maintenance junkie? You’re in like company here! ;)

I just looked Wildflower up and it is prettttttty!!! Perfect to go with the quad. Oh, oh, oh…make sure you put a tiny bit of moisturizer on before you use the pencil…it makes it glide on smoother and won’t tug the skin. At least that is what I have to do. ;)

bev September 24, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Can’t Buy Me Love!!!! I haven’t thought about that movie in years.♥

Michelle I’m drawing a blank. Would My Familiar Stranger fit? Maybe the Mercy Thompson series?
Karina Halle Artist Trilogy?

Michelle September 24, 2014 at 8:58 PM

My Familiar Stranger! What an idiot I am for not thinking of that one! Mercy kinda fits…the artist trilogy is like the only KH I haven’t read so not sure? I can’t believe there are not more with this type of scenario but I was drawing a blank. After reading the question though, it makes me want to find some – the setup definitely intrigues me.

Cheryl September 24, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Maryse and Amy- VIB, another make-up thing we have in common!!!

Maryse, I looked up the pure radiance, it’s golden, peachy? How are you going to use the new pink eyeshadow with the dream sequence quad? I have that quad too. :)

Amy, don’t know if I have the patience to make the VIP drink, although I do have clementine vodka…

Maryse September 24, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Finally home!! Now to play with my shiny new makeup products before I have to shower it all off. LOL!!

Maryse September 24, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Cheryl… I have no idea. LOL!!! I just loved it SO much so I’m going to experiment and see if I can “fit” it somewhere. It’s almost the same color as that bright one in the quad, but this one is INTENSE ’cause it’s a pigment…

Yep, Pure Radiance is peachy and fits my face just wonderfully. The other one I purchased today has no color… just the “glowey” effect and I’m gonna give it a try… right now.

bev September 24, 2014 at 9:39 PM

I’m boring but they were drinking hot chocolate with fluff and it is all I want now.

bev September 24, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Those who have read the Artist Trilogy. by Karina Halle, do you think it fits Michelle’s criteria? I haven’t finished it but I was thinking it might.
This is definitely a rare trope, lol.

Amy September 24, 2014 at 10:19 PM

And Cheryl is a VIB, too!! :D Although I am so jealous right now of your having clementine vodka. Soooo jealous!

The best time to try out new eye makeup is at night…that way you don’t have to worry about anyone seeing it if you don’t like it. ;) I *love* playing with new makeup!

Amy September 24, 2014 at 10:28 PM

I just realized how spoilery it could be naming books where the h picks the “second guy”…eeeep!! We need to be careful! ;)

Hope I don’t sound like a bossy pants here… :?

Maryse September 24, 2014 at 11:14 PM

No it’s a good idea not to mention the names of the books. Good catch, ’cause that would be giving away the end right off the bat.

bev September 24, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Oh man, sorry. I apologize if I gave anything away.

MichelleS September 25, 2014 at 8:29 AM

On a totally delicious, completely fluffy side note…. I call dibs on the guy on the cover of Love in Spanish. One of the the hottest guys to grace a cover – and look! no abs!! He is the exact guy in so many of my leading roles. So… yeah….. dibs….. I said it first, so he’s mine. :-) (I’m going to read it so I can own that cover – even if it’s only 146 pages!!!)

Maryse September 25, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Amy!!

Okay update in the concealer crayon…

So when I went in, I tried ‘em and they were just a tad too dark on me. So she hands me the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Duality – Camille/Sand and the matt side is PERFECT as a concealer on me. Exactly right.

So I buy it, look it up, and sure enough, even though it’s considered an AWESOME brow highlighter, so many use it as a concealer, and a highlighter for different areas of the face (under eye cover) AND AND!!!

Supposedly, this thing fills in tiny lips lines like no other, for smooth lipstick application.

SCORE!!!

Maryse September 25, 2014 at 9:17 AM

LOL MichelleS!!!!!!

You’re very claim-y today. ;) But I agree… he’s very cute!!

Maryse September 25, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Hey bev… I dunno? I don’t think you did…

Shelly September 25, 2014 at 9:56 AM

Read Deacon yesterday & LOVED it!!! No surprise there though. :) I think I’m going to go for Darkness today and then Sucked Into Love by Rochelle Paige after that. It released yesterday & I picked up the series before it in a box set at 99 cents and really enjoyed it. Plus, I’m kinda intrigued by the whole fake bachelorette party thing.

Oh, and I’m totally a Bare Minerals girl myself! But now I want to try that brow thing Maryse mentioned… hmmmmmm.

Amy September 25, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Aw Bev, don’t feel bad…I was going to be right there with ya in naming those books before I realized how spoilery it might be. ;)

Amy September 25, 2014 at 10:24 AM

I know which pencil you’re talking about, Maryse!! I had no idea it did all of that though. And what it does for the lips?? Oh, I am so picking one up when I run to the mall tomorrow!

How was the color payout on the pigment shadow? I’m curious because I wanted to pick up three of those colors tomorrow – Mystic, Water Lily and Devotion. How pretty would those three be together?!?

Oh! And I need a MAC kohl eyeliner. And I wanted to try out the new Bare Minerals serum foundation. *giggle* Makeup shopping is as fun as clothes shopping, isn’t it?

Maryse September 25, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Amazing Amy!!!! The colors are intense! The guy at the counter told me to use ‘em with a wet brush for an even more impact. That color is gorgeous. Now to figure out how to use it. LOL!!!!

Maryse September 25, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Serrrrummmmm foundation….??? I have not seen that yet. *wishes she was back at the mall*

It is, Amy, it is!!! I could shop all day for shoes, clothes, and makeup. Then come home and shop for books!

Amy September 25, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Clothes shopping, shoe shopping and makeup shopping, followed by book shopping at home with a martini in hand…sounds like an ideal day to me!! :D

Cheryl September 25, 2014 at 2:34 PM

I second (or third) that and definitely with drink, definitely!!!!! ;)

Amy, did you read Shooting Scars? I finished it and have moved on to Bold Tricks, gotta see how this plays out. *sigh, Camden*

Michelle September 25, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Oops sorry about my earlier question being a spoiler – I didn’t even think of that when I posted – again sorry! Amy if you did think of any (or anyone else), I’m still interested even spoiling the book a little for myself. Here is the post on goodreads if you want to add any books and if people do not want to click then they can avoid the link and possible spoilers:

Amy September 25, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Cheryl, I’m at 60% in Shooting Scars and loving it. I will definitely be reading the next one right away. I didn’t want to care about Javier, dangit!!!

You crack me up Michelle…I freak out when I read spoilers, and you are welcoming them! *shaking head and snickering*

Michelle September 25, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Haha well I think that’s such an interesting scenario so even if I get a little spoiler it will be great to read. Btw all your talk pushed me to grab OES and read that trilogy finally since they are only Karina Halle books I haven’t read yet. I’m still working on Sentinel tonight though – I will be sad when it’s done!

Amy September 25, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Oooooh you’re on Sentinel? How crazy was the end of Apollyon??

On a sidenote, I was disappointed in the cover (I know, silly but whatever) because all of the other covers were bright, vibrant flowers and then Sentinel was…smoke. BUT, after finishing it I realized how fitting that cover was. The ending was…very surprising for me. That’s all I’m saying. ;)

Michelle September 25, 2014 at 5:55 PM

That’s so funny because I was thinking the same about the last cover especially when I thought how cool the rest of them were! The ending is surprising, hmmm thinking what it could be…no spoilers for this one though ;)

Fabi September 25, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Just a quick update on Unrequited. I’m at 54% and the only way I can think of to describe it so far is “sweet and fluffy”. (Of course that may just be me jaded after my last few reads). Luckily, (or not, depending on your reading mood) I think it’s about to take a twisty turn on the very next page.

I’m not going to have a lot of reading time tonight because I’m going to an Open Mic thing at a local coffee shop, but I need to finish it between tonight and tomorrow morning because MichelleS just convinced me to read Original Sinners next. Guess I’m still in “that” mood. :-/

I don’t know how y’all read so many books in one week. I did that while I was off work for a few months but I just can’t find the time to do that while I’m working. Maybe I just read ultra slow. Idk

bev September 25, 2014 at 8:21 PM

I just saw a review of this book and it looks pretty good. Was wondering if anyone has read it, it’s Come Dancing by Leslie Wells.

Amy September 25, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Good Michelle, ’cause I’m not giving you any spoilers! But *this* has spoiled in the name, so here you go (not the “brat” part, promise!)…

*hee hee* Fabi is on a darrrrrrrk path right now. ;) I’m able to read so much because I usually end up staying up until midnight (at least) reading. Fortunately, I only need five or six hours of sleep at night.

Bev, I haven’t read it but it looks interesting!

Michelle September 25, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Hah! As long as the brat part doesn’t apply…
Sentinel is soooo good that I’m going to be up very late!

Cheryl September 26, 2014 at 7:16 AM

Almost to the end of Bold Tricks- going to miss Camden and Ellie and Javier. Haven’t looked at the blurb for the spinoff Dirty Angels because I don’t want it to spoil the ending, so not sure if will jump right into that one next.

I also stay up late to sleep. not a good sleeper anyway and thank goodness for the concealer rec’s from Amy!! :)

Amy September 26, 2014 at 10:06 AM