Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – September 24th 2013

by Maryse on September 24, 2013 · 16 comments

A few new releases that I was anticipating are out! Story completions, sexy vampires and possibly a mega-cliffhanger relief. YAY! But… there are a few “new-to-me” ones in here that have my attention. Especially TWO that made me mini-squee. Both look suuuuper-steamy (I mean, erotica level) and a bit out of my comfort zone (or into my exciting reading zone). One involves a MMF trio (actually sounds super-angsty, too), and one is so obviously a D/s book (but with a possible teacher-student twist). I’m a happy happy girl!

P.S. You’ll see ‘em noted below. Can’t miss ‘em!
P.P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any. :)

BARGAINS

• Promise Me Darkness (book #1) by Paige Weaver – is SUPER BARGAIN priced!! (book #2 was just released below)
  • Perfect Regret (Bad Rep) by A. Meredith Walters <– Kat found it, and Nancy says: “Sale is for 48 hours only!”
  • Abigail’s choice by L.J. Dee
  • More Than This by Jay McLean <— Linh recommends!! “I read a wonderful book yesterday and wanted to share. … Definite new book boyfriend alert!”
  • Searching For Moore (Needing Moore Series) by Julie Richman <— so many of our fellow readers appear to be loving this. … with book #2 coming out in about a week! Rebecka says: “Oh god, this was so good. I was up til 2 am finishing this. Why are books so awesome? I remember when sleep was awesome.”
  • Axel (Corps Security) by Harper Sloan <—  tons of our fellow readers LOVE this mega-alpha.

PARANORMAL

CONTEMPORARY

Sara September 24, 2013 at 12:04 PM

what are you currently reading?! :D

Maryse September 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I just finished one at 2am and I LOVED it!!! I’ll be reviewing shortly.

For now, I’ve started the Larissa Ione vampire one that just released today.

Jean September 24, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Ugh! Overload…..as much as I look forward to this list every Tuesday, I also dread it because I KNOW I NEED SOME OF THESE BOOKS NOW! Haha!!

Rebecka September 24, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I totally agree with Lihn. More Than This was sooooo good.

Amy September 24, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I love release days like this, even though it shakes up my TBR list a bit! Promise Me Light, If Forever Comes and Simple Perfection (omg, I could return to Rosemary Beach over and over again!) are now at the top of my list. The laundry will still be there tomorrow, lol. ;)

Helen September 24, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Thanks Maryse.Been waiting for simple perfection.Can I suggest twisted arrangment series by Mora Early.They’re short & super fun.You’ll love ‘em.

Maryse September 24, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Amy… Laundry and dishes are always there no matter how often I get it done. LOL!!! I’m always so blown away by that, too. I make it perfect, take precious hours away from my reading… just to have it all back the way it was in no time. GAH!!!

Maryse September 24, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Thanks Helen. I’m gonna look ‘em up! :)

Also thanks Linh and Rebecka!! I think I have it.

Maryse September 24, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Jean… I know. I have some of my “finds” from last week’s new release lists still untouched. Although I DID read one last night from last week, and LOVED it, so that review will be up. At least I do put mini dents in my re-arranged TBR lists each week.

Jean September 24, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I am dying to know what you read last night…. PLEASE GIVE US A HINT!!! Won’t know what to read after Unattainable (which I am 50% into)….always have a hard time moving on after those books!

Maryse September 24, 2013 at 2:11 PM

haha! Sooooon. ;) I was pleasantly surprised. ‘Cause it’s New Adult (they’re both in University) so I thought I’d be more even-keeled with it (I’ve read so many). But ended up really connecting and whoa – HOT (but in a “different” way). LOVED.

I’d say it’s a good mix in “feel” of Renee Carlino’s “Sweet Thing” and Cherrie Lynn’s “Rock Me”. Romantically intense, angsty, torments us in the most delicious way…. has a weird “circumstance”, and so sweet. But don’t let the “sweet” fool you. I myself, am not prone to jumping into “sweet” books, but this one was GREAT.

Gave me so many butterflies and stomach swoops and heart skips that I started it around 9pm, finished at 2am and didn’t out it down once, and wasn’t even close to tired when I was finished.

Darn. I’m in the process of reviewing it right here in the comments. LOL!!! I gotta go and review it for real, now. ;)

Jean September 24, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Haha! Curiosity is killing me…….CAN’T WAIT FOR YOUR REVIEW!!!

Lauren September 24, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I LOVE it when I forget I’ve pre-purchased a book. Amy, I have the exact same 3 books @ the top of MY TBR list too. I live in Alabama (about an hr from Abbi Glines), so I love reading her books since they are all based in Ala.

Anna September 24, 2013 at 4:58 PM

The Arrangement 10 release is both wonderful and awful. The sweet feeling of gratification in getting to read more of the story is quickly replaced by irritation that I have to wait again after I quickly devour the next installment in this serial. Damn H.M Ward for keeping me on such a tight leash.

Maryse September 24, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I want to read these, but I think I’m going to wait until it’s all said and done. ;) Maybe a nice pretty book all bundled up in order (with the other series that she’s got going on). Everyone seems to love them.

Michelle September 25, 2013 at 2:21 AM

I’m so happy “Searching for Moore” by Julie Richman was recommended to you. Readers have loved this book, first in Julie’s “Needing Moore” series. It follows college sweethearts, Schooner Moore and Mia Silver, as they are reunited, after 24 years. Book two, “Moore to Lose” will be released on September 30th. I highly recommend this series by a new Indie author!