Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – September 30th 2014

by Maryse on September 30, 2014 · 192 comments

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!! October 1st 2014 —> A FEW NEW RELEASES that just got added:

*whooooo* —> Stepbrother Dearest is getting a TON of attention since it’s release yesterday… It’s already #2 in all of the Kindle category, and OMG I just LOVE the sound of all of that forbidenny feel… *rubs hands together with devilish glee* I’m so bad. ;) Consider this one at the top of my TBR list.

Kandace: I just started Stepbrother Dearest…he’s kind of moody in a hot tattooed bad boy way.

Maryse: I like moody!!

Michelle: Stepbrother Dearest was awesome. Read it in a day, couldn’t put it down.

Angie: Stepbrother Dearest is AMAZING. It’s emotional and angsty and sexy and taboo and SO MANY EPIC THINGS! It surprised me, at least the emotional element did. I was expecting complete smut but I got a bad ass, sexy, emotional story that was freaking amazing.

*happy dance!!!!

There are SO many on here that are making me go crazy with reading-need. FaCade (DARK READ!), Love Nouveau (super-romance? Angst? not sure yet but I’m hearing awesome things), Stepbrother Dearest (because… come on) ;)  You: A Novel (DARK READ that I’m reading right now and GAH!! It’s terrifically creepy and I think it’s gonna be a love story…), Home is Where You Are (he’s homeless and she’s falling for him), A Good Marriage (Stephen King and that blurb made me eeeeeeep!!!!). Plus, there are 2 series on there that I need to start SO bad, ’cause their latest releases (example… Locke) have AWESOME reviews… GAH!!! I’m too excited!!! :P

P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).

BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).

• The Fallen Crest Series by Tijan <— INCREDIBLE deal on this series all bundled up, PLUS!!!! Book # 4 was just released (below)…
  • Draw (Gentry Boys #1) by Cora Brent <— Book #2 was just released (below), and the blurb for this one has me excited! “He and his brothers were tough, lusty forces of nature I’d known since childhood. Years ago, Cord seduced me as a sick game. I’ve hated him ever since. Now here he is again, a man who beats other men bloody for money. Cord has always been heartless, dangerous, not to be trusted. And I want him so much I can’t think.
  • Monster in His Eyes by J.M Darhower <— Book #2 was just released (below) and our fellow readers are lovin’ it!!
  • Come Undone (Rock Hard, Book 1) by Madelynne Ellis <— ROCK STAR BOOK and book #2, the sequel, was just released (below).
  • The Devil’s Contract (Contracts & Deceptions Book 1) by Claire Contreras <— Book #2 (the sequel) was just released below!!
  • Tall, Dark and Deadly Books 1 – 4 by Lisa Renee Jones <— The entire series bundled at an awesome bargain price!
  • Sinful Desires Vol. 1 by M.S. Parker <— Looks like a new serial series: “When Las Vegas exotic dancer, Piper Black, goes back to Philadelphia for her reunion, she knows it’s not going to be an enjoyable experience, and she’s right…until she ends up sleeping with her high school crush…
  • Break Free by Amber Garza <— Stephanie found us this one! Standalone and I remember this blurb gave me an excited jolt!! “Jade stumbles across a recluse writer’s latest manuscript and is shocked to find that it is her story…One he couldn’t know. Jade fears she’s trusted the wrong person once again, and it may be her undoing.” YES!!!!
  • Reclaiming the Sand by A. Meredith Walters <— Nancy found us this one on sale today saying: “I loved Reclaiming the Sand by A. Meredith Walters & those of you who have not read it, it will be on sale until the release of Chasing the Tide on December 16th. This is a good time to get the 1st book if you have not read yet. It is a standalone, but we really wanted more & love the cover of the upcoming Chasing the Tide.
  • These Girls: A Novel by Sarah Pekkanen <— And Stephanie found us this one, too saying: “Chick Lit Special: The story of three very different women as they navigate the complications of careers and love—and find the lifeline they need in each other.” Huge Discount: On SALE for a limited time.
  • Jane’s Harmony: A Novel by Ryan Winfield <— And Kat found us this one on sale, saying: “I know a lot of y’all liked the 1st book Janes Melody. Well Janes Harmony the 2nd is on sale” (and sure enough I DID love #1! Older woman, younger man!! Here’s my review for Jane’s Melody)

PARANORMAL

CONTEMPORARY

Tessa September 30, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Fallen Fourth Down by Tijan was released today. I can’t read it yet, but we all know it’s going to be good.

Melissa September 30, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Also, live today is Crossing The Line (book 3 in the Taboo Love Series) by indie author M.D. Saperstein. I had a chance to read an advanced copy and is was kinda hot if you like m/m stories.

Shelly September 30, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Holy moly! I think this is the longest list I’ve ever seen!!! I already read Locke & Fallen Fourth Down… I don’t even know what to one-click next.

Lauren September 30, 2014 at 11:55 AM

The Gentry Boys are standalones I think. The Gentry boys are triplets, smokin hot, but kinda a**holes. They grew up in shacks, no water or electricity. Were called “Trashy Gentry boys” or “no-good Gentry’s” by the townspeople so they moved away after graduation & all live together. Each book is 1 brother’s story.

Maryse September 30, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Yeah you guys, and the book releases today just keep coming. It’s CRAZY!! I’ll be here for another hour or so at least…

Well, choices are always a good thing. ;)

Maryse September 30, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Yeah I saw that one Melissa!! I added it earlier… sounds like fun!

Maryse September 30, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Lauren, I think those sound great!!!

Shell September 30, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Just finished ‘ Stepbrother Dearest’. I loved the way the book started and was an exciting read until the ending as I found it was a bit rushed, the second part could have been a little longer before the epilogue.
Now I don’t know which book to go for as lots of them are calling me and i can’t decide which one to go for, story of my life !!!! Any suggestions ??

Amy September 30, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Woo-hoo!!!! This list *definitely* calls for a Blow Pop martini night!!! :D

So many good ones up there! And y’all are killing me with Fallen Fourth Down…I’m not letting myself read it until the next one is out!! I’m getting anxiety just thinking about what might happen. :? And no, I don’t want any spoilers unless you think it’s funny to watch someone’s eye start twitching. ;) Actually, it is pretty funny to watch that, huh? :P

Amy September 30, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Shell, what kind of read are you looking for? PNR, dark, love triangle, rock star, bikers, standalone, series?

Jean September 30, 2014 at 12:39 PM

OMG! This list is completely overwhelming! I am halfway through Locke, loving it, and so sad this is the end if the series…… Boohoo! Love these guys! Each one holds a special place in my heart!

Been waiting for Chasing Abby! Great series Maryse and I think you will love it (if you ever get to it)! Don’t read any blurbs or it will spoil it for you for sure!

Not always a PNR girl, but am totally intrigued by The Last Man on Earth!

Shell September 30, 2014 at 12:46 PM

I would love to start a series but have’t got that much time as I get a bit crazy trying to get to the finishing line. Wanted to start ‘ You’ but it’s not available on Kindle yet so i will have to wait. I think I would like to go for a book full of angst and bit on a gritty side maybe a rockstar or biker book. Any suggestion???
I read ‘room 212′ it was great book. I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for the recommendation. Please keep them coming.

Zen September 30, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Wow, what a lot of work. Thanks for the list! I don’t know whether to be excited or daunted by the length of my reading queue now. :)

Shell September 30, 2014 at 1:05 PM

‘Chasing the tide’ by Meredith Walters, is this the sequel to ‘ Lead me not’ ??

Maryse September 30, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Hrmmm… good question, Shell!!! I haven’t read them so I’m not sure…

Maryse September 30, 2014 at 1:08 PM

My pleasure Zen… and I know. It is daunting. And exciting. This is my favorite list of the week!

Maryse September 30, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Shell! Read 53 Letters for My Lover. SOOOO GOOOOOD!!!

Oh and thanks for the feedback on Stepbrother.

Maryse September 30, 2014 at 1:09 PM

YAY Amy!! Blowpops it is. Now I gotta do another happy dance!

Amy September 30, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Jean, I didn’t know you had read that series, too! I’m so excited to read Chasing Abby. You know how in “perfect” story worlds the girl ends up with one of the guys, the couple gets what they wanted (you know what I’m talking about in this series), the other guy finds a lovely woman, the two couples become close like family and get together on birthdays and holidays and for barbeques, all is forgiven, and they all end up with their dream jobs? Well, what I loved about this series is how some of that happened and some of it didn’t, which just added a lot of emotion to the story.

Oh, and I was wrong about the blurb for Abandon spoiling the first four books…it really doesn’t (it’s about a secondary character) and is *almost* a standalone, but it would spoil some stuff. Otherwise, don’t read ahead on the blurbs, especially Chasing Abby. That blurb would be a spoiler for sure!!

Amy September 30, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Maryse, you got the purple stuff for the martinis? :P The bottle of bubble gum vodka by Three Olives is pink and soooooo pretty! *snort* Only here is that something which I know will have shared excitement. ;)

Maryse September 30, 2014 at 1:24 PM

I LOVE pink and I love bubble gum and I love purple stuff!!!

I’m on it!

Niki September 30, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Reading Stepbrother Dearest and I love it so far!!! I’m only a little way in and he is mean!! I have another one for the list Down and Out by Kelley R Martin that has quite the book warning;) Looks like a tattooed fighter book.

Laura September 30, 2014 at 1:30 PM

im reading picked by jettie woodruff I don’t know how she always makes u love these crazy characters that ur not supposed to!! I’m only kind of at the start but I think I love the heroine more than supposed hero lol

Maryse September 30, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Niki… does he remind you of “Rush”?

Amy September 30, 2014 at 1:37 PM

YAY!!!! Who else is in on martini Tuesday night with us??

Oooh, I saw that one earlier (and one-clicked it ;) ), Laura. It looks different and really good! Polygamy…and not forced upon the h? Oh yeah. :D And Down and Out recommended by Niki looks like a perfect go-to for hot-alpha-male reading. Mmmm…yummy. :P

Julie September 30, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Not sure if you’ve come across Black Lies by Alessandra Torre but OMG! It’s a standalone and that twist…BAM…left me sitting with a stopped heart and slack jaw for a good 30 seconds.

Amy September 30, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Shell, have you read Thoughtless? It’s an oldie but freaking goodie with angst up the hoo-ha. Okay, it’s not really *old* but it’s not a newer read either. It was the book that got me hooked on angst. Also, How To Kill a Rockstar has been mentioned as being great, angsty and possibly heart wrenching, maybe? As for bikers, how angsty are you looking for? I’ve read quite a few biker books but can’t think of any that are crazy angsty off the top of my head…ladies, any suggestions?

Confession here…I thought I had started HTKaR a little while ago and was about 15% into the book when I realized I was reading a different rockstar book. Because I’m awesome like that. *giggle*

Georgia September 30, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Soo many books … so little time. Who needs sleep. Starting on LOCKE tonight.Ahh.
I also just bought the Fallen Crest Series. Looks interesting. Tall Dark and Deadly is an awesome series. It’s Law and Order with loits of Steam… Enjoy. The Larissa Ione .. Ioved her other series. Happy to see a Vampire series from her.
Thansk as always for the amazing list.

Laura September 30, 2014 at 1:47 PM

Oh Amy it’s slightly crazy I may need a martini!

Shelly September 30, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Wait… Maryse- Which book boyfriend were you asking Niki if he reminds her of Rush? If the answer is yes then that’s my next read!!!

Maryse September 30, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Shelley… Stepbrother… :D

Maryse September 30, 2014 at 2:05 PM

With the book I’m reading tonight I WILL need multiple bubblegum martinis. My “guy” is creepy scary and I think it’s supposed to turn into a love story. GAH!!! YAY!!! hahahahahhahaha

Oh… yeah. I’ve lost it… haha

Maryse September 30, 2014 at 2:06 PM

My pleasure Georgia!!! I love making it… takes me hours but so worth the adventure of the search.

Maryse September 30, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Laura is that the one with the multiple wives??? It looks so good and so unique!!!

Maryse September 30, 2014 at 2:08 PM

LOL Amy!!!

What book was it, if not HTKARS?

Shell September 30, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Amy you know I have got at least from top of my head 400 unread books on my kindle and I even sometime forget which books I have. I have got both ‘thoughtless’ and ‘ how to kill a Rockstar’ but have not read it yet as I get distracted by all the new releases and recommendations by fellow readers So which one should I go for??
Which book is HTKaR and which one you ended up reading? You lost me there as I could’t get what you were confessing about and I think you are awesome too.
Any recommendations for dark and gritty Biker books? a bit like Madeline Sheehans biker books.

Maryse September 30, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Julie that one was AWESOME!!!!!

Shell September 30, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Amy I got it, it’s ‘how to kill a rockstar’ but which book you ended up reading instead?????? I want to know.

Shell September 30, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Maryse I have got ’53 letters for my lover’ and will read it soon.
I am desperately waiting for your review on ‘You’. Can’t wait.

Shell September 30, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Laura I want to read ‘Picked’ but I am a bit scared as its Jetti’s book and that too about Polygamy. I have’t plucked the courage to read ‘Wife No Seven’ yet although I have got it.

Laura September 30, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Yes 3 wives! But they are reminding me sort of like the girls of the playboy mansion they are all young and friends and I JUST DONT GET IT! How am I going to be ok with this they haven’t really gotten to the topic of sex I mean is there like a rota or something?! I’m so confused and he is really sweet but how can u not be a green eyed monster?!

Mary Lawrence September 30, 2014 at 2:26 PM

I just finished reading Bound in Blue. Couldn’t wait for it to come out so I was all over it when it released today. Holy hell it was hot! And the feels! He damn feels! Highly recommend! Oh and the epilogue! Gah! Perfection. I’m definitely in a book hangover right now.

Laura September 30, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Shell have u read her book plausibility? It’s really good and in true jettie crazy style kind of taboo as her books normally are!

Amy September 30, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Okay, this is *really* embarrassing because the titles are not even similar…I was reading Music of the Heart. *snort* I was about 15% or so in and started thinking, “uhhhh, I don’t think this is going to work for me.” Then I happened to look at the top of the screen and saw what it was. I was so irritated at myself that I just had another martini and fell asleep. *giggle* Needless to say, I still need to read HTKAR.

Biker books…Beautiful Ink by Nicole Reed is pretty good, not as gritty as others but it’s a little on the intense side at times…in a good way. Same with Craving Constellations. CC is part of a series but focuses on different characters in each book so you don’t have to commit to a series. Hope that helps!

Jean September 30, 2014 at 2:31 PM

I think we will all be making the martinis tonight with this list! Geez!!

Yes Amy, I hear what you are saying about the Shattered Hearts series…. It’s just so “real” and seriously looking forward to starting Chasing Abby! (BTW, I finished Shooting Scars, but got sidetracked by Locke….I downloaded Bold Tricks….. still in love with Camden though!!)

Shell, READ Thoughtless!!!!!! It is an awesome series!!!!! I am in the same boat as you…over 400 books downloaded but not read yet. Wonder how many Maryse has downloaded that she hasn’t read yet and does she have the guts to tell us her “number” (no Amy, not that “number”…lol)!

Amy September 30, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Laura, here’s the latest martini recipe that has us all excited today!

You know you wanna join us! Conversations get pretty fun around here when one or more of us is tipsy…

*hee hee* Becker from Picked is a hubby-go-round. :P

Amy September 30, 2014 at 2:33 PM

…and everyone gets a ride. LOL!!!!

Jean September 30, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Awww Amy, I loved Music of the Heart and the entire series! Give it another chance! We usually like the same books!

I did like Beautiful Ink too!!!!

Amy September 30, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Hey Jean… *pblttttt*

teri September 30, 2014 at 2:35 PM

I just finished Stepbrother Dearest. Loved it. It had a couple of problems but overall I couldn’t put it down.

Laura September 30, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Amy have u read this?! I mean I totally like him and them but I’m just to jealous that I couldn’t do this! Feck it were is the recipe?!

Amy September 30, 2014 at 2:40 PM

OMG Jean, I was talking about the number comment and not the Music of the Heart comment. And I will finish it at some point. Not making any promises as to when, though…

I loved Camden, too, but Javier is just such a hot, bad-in-a-yummy-way guy. Maybe that has to do with the fact that I have my own Latin lover. *snicker* It’s my hubby so you can just stop the direction your mind is going right now!!!!!

Laura September 30, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Amy why is there water in this martini recipe? Isn’t that like illegal?

Jean September 30, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Okay Amy, when I saw your first comment, I really wanted to throw something at you! Haha!

What’s all this talk about Plausibility by Jettie Woodruff? Downloaded it a while ago but haven’t read it yet.

Laura September 30, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Oh Jean it’s good! Totally f**ked up but in a good jettie way I think I’m in love with jettie lol

Amy September 30, 2014 at 2:54 PM

“Feck it” <—— LOL!!! That's awesome!!

I haven't read Picked but one-clicked it as soon as I saw it. It just looks so different!

As for the martini…um, *snicker* I'm not adding in the water. ;) Middle of the day and my mouth is watering for those drinks… I really need to get back to work so I can be free tonight!

Maryse, you haven't lost it…at least not by the standards around here!! :P

Amy September 30, 2014 at 2:58 PM

I read the note at the bottom of the blurb for Plausibility…click!!!

Really getting back to work now…

Jean September 30, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Sounds good Laura….I need to move it up on my list!

Jean September 30, 2014 at 3:02 PM

See Amy, we do like the same kind of books! Does that mean I actually have something in common with the infamous Amy?!?!?? (Sorry, you better go back to work so you can drink and read tonight)! Lol!

Laura September 30, 2014 at 3:03 PM

It’s really good Jean!

Amy it’s 9pm here!!! Martini o’clock if I recall!
Pfft good shout about the water the only alcohol that should have water is whiskey!

There’s somethin happening in picked I can’t put my finger on it yet or guess and I can’t tell u all incase u read it

bev September 30, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Stepbrother was DNF for me. .PW is hit or miss with me. I DNF Gemini but really liked Jake Undone.
Next book different genre. A palate cleanser, lol.

Shell September 30, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Laura I have read all of Jetti’s books, bloody scary but in a good way, heart in your mouth way. I want some spoilers before I take on ‘Picked’ I just can’t hack 3 ‘wives’ in H life no matter how sweet the hero is ( don’t tell me that he is not having Sex with them , have they got Rota system for who gets him which day of the week????) and the lead lady has to deal with it. Please do keep me posed about this book.

Shell September 30, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Thank you Amy, I have’t got any of your recommended bikers book but will look into it as my choice of drug is 1 click and you helping me with my fix.
I need few cocktails as well.

Shell September 30, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Jean I will pick up ‘thoughtless’ series one of these days and I know it will rock my world. Beautiful angst all the way through Yaeee!!!!

Jean September 30, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Shell it’s one of the series that got me addicted to all the angst…I seriously had pains in my stomach from that book! Sooooo great! Been a while since one has had that kind of effect on me!

Bev, thanks for the heads up on Stepbrother. I didn’t love Gemini either… Haven’t read Jake Undone yet but I have it! Haha!

Shell September 30, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Jean I can’t wait to get started on ‘Thoughtless’ series but I will wait for days off from work as I know once I start on this one I will not be able to put it down.

Laura I just realised that I have not read ‘Estimated too’ by Jetti which is the sequel to ‘Estimated’ although i have got it and its an absolute scary and super crazy ride. If you have not read this one you are missing out if you are Jetti fan like I am.

Rachel September 30, 2014 at 4:25 PM

That’s a lot of books! Holy sh $$$

Lee C September 30, 2014 at 4:27 PM

WOW>>> my name was mentioned AGAIN.. squeeeeeeee
and YES .. StepBrother Dearest is a MUST read..

now i want more like it… Who have read it?? any recommendations on what to read after ??

xoxo

Michelle S September 30, 2014 at 4:50 PM

OMG. My eyes are crossing. What kind of list is THAT? So my eyes went right away to STORM – awesome cover – and it may be a simple enough plot (caught in a storm with a bad bad boy! oh yeah!)…. but Stepbrother Dearest sounded good and forbidden fruit like…. but someone scared me off that… boo….

LOL…. “feck it”….. hey Amy – remember when I said you were like Dani in the Fever series? She always says that! So you are totally Dani!!!

Hey Fabi – did you read the blurb for Last Man on Earth? I laughed out loud, cause remember the other day when you said you wish you could just read a book where there’s an alien and it happens in the future, or something like that? Sounds perfect for a sci-fi meets steamy romance novel!!

Michelle S September 30, 2014 at 4:54 PM

Shell: biker books that were pretty darn good: Sinners MC Club books by Bella Jewel, Lights of Peril series by AC Bextor, and, of course Joanne Wylde and Madeline Sheehan’s books….

Shell September 30, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Hey Michelle S I have not read AC Baxter books rest of the authors you mentioned I am familiar with. Have you read any of Susan Fanetti biker books? I wanted someone o tell me how gritty are they compared to Sheehan’s books, then I will decide if I can handle them or not.

Michelle S September 30, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Shell – no I haven’t… that’s the Signal Bend series, isn’t it? It comes up all the time as a recommendation for me.

Baxter and Jewel’s books are NOT as gritty as Sheehan’s or Wylde’s. They are exactly what you want in a MC book. The Lights of Peril series, especially, is emotional and I loved them! The Sinners MC was good when I needed that MC fix…. but I liked the Peril series better…. it takes place in that world, but it’s not so “shocking”, like Sheehan’s books can be.

Cheryl September 30, 2014 at 5:24 PM

So many books, so many comments. Think I’ll mix up a drink while I decide what to read next… :)

Shell September 30, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Thanks Michelle for this information as I really fancied an biker book, not too gritty and just right on emotion front.
Yes I think that is Signal bend series and judging from other peoples comments they are as gritty as Sheehan’s if not more and I was’t in the mood for too gritty or dark at the moment.

Jean September 30, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Michelle S, I am squirrelng with Storm too! (And The Last Man on Earth)!
Fabi is MIA right now, but when she sees this list, she’s going to freak out!

Michelle S September 30, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Jean – Those are the only two that really caught my eye – but I skimmed through the list. I HAVE to finish Deacon so I can move on….. I feel guilty, because KA is the author that has the most real estate on my Kindle, so I want to at least LIKE it. But when she calls him “honey” two minutes after they FINALLY hook up I just want to roll my eyes. And it was kind of funny at first when ALL the men failed to use the subordinating conjunction “IF” every time they talked, but this guy too? I’m starting to think it’s just a formula. I mean, I know it is, but at least it wasn’t getting cliche’….. so sad…..

Amy September 30, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Jean, were you under the impression that you had *nothing* in common with me? *scoff* You wound me, you smarta$$! :P Luffs!!

Laura, martini o’clock…I love it! Hey, we can start saying “it’s 5 o’clock where Laura is” instead of “it’s 5 o’clock somewhere”!!!

Oh Bev, you and your DNF’s. One of these days we are going to find you a book that you will *finish*. ;)

Amy September 30, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Cheryl, are you joining in on martini night???? YAY!!!!!

MichelleS, that’s one more thing I have in common with my doppelganger Dani!!! And I agree that the Lights of Peril books are less shocking than others. I only read the first two, but they definitely didn’t have that dark, gritty feel to them. Oh! SOA is on tonight!!! Jax is breaking my heart right now. :(

Shell, the second and third Thoughtless books are okay, but the first one is the one that will punch you in the heart and gut and make your ovaries go BOOM!!! :D Yeah, what Jean said about the stomach pains.

Tracy September 30, 2014 at 6:46 PM

As usual I feel so behind. Finished Fallen Crest but I need a break before starting the fourth one. Started On every Street because you all had me intrigued about Javier. Got the third Cat and Bones from the library, really wanted to get Torture to Her Soul and Bad Things by Varian J
Krylov. Ahhh.

Amy – I need a martini!

Shell – Thoughtless is awesome!

Maryse September 30, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Bubblegum blow pop for me please!

Michelle September 30, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Um whoa this list is out of control! I was on the road today for 10 hours moving and my poor eyes are already shot. I cannot even process this book avalanche to my retinas…someone needs to just tell me what I must 1-click ;) …no really

Amy September 30, 2014 at 8:01 PM

O.M.G. Island punch BP martinis are okay, but WATERMELON?!?!?!? It tastes like I am drinking a Blow Pop with an adult twist!!!!!

*giggle* I realized the water was for the frozen lemonade so I said “feck it” *nod to Laura* and just used some straight up lemonade! YUMMY!!

Martini to Maryse, martini to Laura, martini to Cheryl, martini to Tracy…anyone else?? Get ‘em before the martini snatcher does!!! LOL!!!!

Drowning Instinct now and SOA later!!!

Amy September 30, 2014 at 8:02 PM

All of them Michelle!!!! :D *hee hee*

Michelle September 30, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Sooooo helpful Amy….”no more martinis for you” *snatches away a la soup nazi*

bev September 30, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Ha, Amy. I have the books I squirrel from and DNF books. These are two different things as one I’ll go back too.
But please do not just listen to me on this. There is a lot of positive reviews out there for it. Plus I tend to be the odd one out on a lot of books.

Amy September 30, 2014 at 8:44 PM

*looking at empty hand*

Yeah, you enjoy that one Michelle…I’m onto the grape BP martini now!!!!! :P

Uh, Bev? What book were we talking about??

Cheryl September 30, 2014 at 8:49 PM

I agree Thoughtless is so, so good! Shell I envy you reading it for the first time. You will love it. I loved the other 2 books also, in fact the filming of the song video in book 2 Reckless, breaks my heart just thinking about it.

Amy, I got Darkfever at the library today. Finishing Bastian’s Storm (Surviving Raine 2), then I can start anytime, Fever Series reading buddy!! *sipping martini*

bev September 30, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Amy the book was Stepbrother Dearest.

Cheryl Fever!!!! You are in for such a treat. I’m going to be starting EIT series this week.

Amy September 30, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Ah ha Bev, that was it!!

Cheryl, I have to finish Drowning Insticnt and then I want to read either Love Noveau or Stepbrothr. How about right after that? PROMISE!!!!! Pinki swear. Cross my heart. I’m not gonna hope to die or stick a needle in my eye though. My Fever series buddy!! Have another martini ’cause I sure am!! :D

Jean? Oh Jeeeeeaaaaannnnn, you startin it with us??

Jean September 30, 2014 at 9:28 PM

I would love to start the Fever series, but weren’t we supposed to read the EIT series in October too? bev reminded me of it!

Cheryl, how was Bastian’s Storm…. downloaded that the day it came out and still haven’t read it! Very curious to know……

bev September 30, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Amy you and Jean crack me up.

I really got into my library book, The Magicians, on my commute in and just realized left it at work:’(.
Waiting all day to get back to it.
Now have to choose something else……

Beverly September 30, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Stepbrother Dearest!!!!!!

Amy September 30, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Dangit!!! Why you gotta go and remind me?!?!? Well, I just promised Cheryl about the Fever series, but we have alllll of October to start it. Oh! We should start them the couple of weeks leading up to Halloween…and I am going to find all kinds of crazy Halloween drinks, too! What say you??

Aw Bev, that just flat out sucks. :( I think I would seriously freak the feck out if I left my iPad somewhere!

And Beverly gives us another vote for Stepbrother! :D

Linh October 1, 2014 at 12:06 AM

That is one insane list. Already read Fallen Fourth Down last night because I am a hard core Tijan fan. Read Stepbrother the day before that. I am a little lost. Not sure what to click next.

bev October 1, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Chose another book and yes, yes, yes. Only 5% in but this has my attention. It’s made me smile and hurt already and I hope it continues.

Shell October 1, 2014 at 12:40 AM

Guys I have found this book, it’s also a new realese so don’t know how good it will be but I am going to give it a go, don’t know when!!! It’s called ‘Grayson’ by Lisa Eugene.
‘Thoughtless’ is first on my list now and I can’t wait to start.
Fever series??? Is that ‘Fae Cronicles’ ??

Laura October 1, 2014 at 2:17 AM

Sorry passed out from the martini!!! Well really it was bedtime here :) anyways this book JUST GOT INTERESTING……. Well u know it was interesting but now it’s juicy!!!

Amy….feck it!

Shell I did know about that one by jettie but I haven’t read it sometimes reading other pov’s of a book I’ve already read just feels like the same book

Shell October 1, 2014 at 4:30 AM

Laura that one starts after six month of Morgan and Drew coming back together but I must warn you it’s tough read and not everyone’s cup of tea. It deals with his violent tendencies. I just wanted to know what happens but I got more gham I could chew and as you are aware with Jetti’s books anything is possible.
What’s happening in ‘picked’ ?

Laura October 1, 2014 at 5:05 AM

Oooo I just finished it shell it’s was good crazy but not as crazy as the rest of her books I would say but it was good I kind of got over my jealousy lol

Shell October 1, 2014 at 5:23 AM

Laura you are saying it was’t as crazy as her other books, so that’s good right? I think I will pluck courage to read it and hope that I too get over my jealousy but seems impossible to deal with not ONE but THREE other women in H life. Lol.

Fabi October 1, 2014 at 6:19 AM

I wasn’t really MIA, it just took me that long to go through that list. Wowza list. Then so much great information in the comments.

Unfortunately, I really have to devote the next few days to work, but I’ll snag some reading time at the end of each day.

Cheryl October 1, 2014 at 6:31 AM

Laura, what book are you reading again?

Amy, Ok. I’m feeling squirrely myself. ;)

Jean, I’m about 50% in BS and it’s good, but overall I didn’t love Surviving Raine and this one doesn’t have me absorbed in it, I just squirreled and started reading the part in Reckless again after commenting to Shell about it.

Laura October 1, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Cheryl it was picked by jettie woodruff

Shell it wasn’t as cray cray as her usual no but I kind of like the crazy lol it was still crazy enough I can’t tell u much without giving it away either!

Ok can I just bring this comment by Amy to attention –>
punch you in the heart and gut and make your ovaries go BOOM!!!

I can’t stop laughing ovaries go boom! Hahaha that’s just the best!

Jean October 1, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Cheryl, I loved Surviving Raine and the entire Evan Arden series so my expectations are high for Bastian’s Storm…… That’s probably why I haven’t read it yet!!! Oh and that part of Reckless killed me too… can’t believe you went back and read it!

OK Amy, I am in for starting the Fever series (gotta go buy it first) and I like your idea of starting the EIT series closer to Halloween AND your holiday drinks!!!

Jean October 1, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Hey I just received a newsletter from M. Pierce! Last Light is coming out 10/28!!!!! Don’t remember seeing it on any lists here! I will definitely need to reread Night Owl before then! Yay!

Fabi October 1, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Jean, I’ve been tracking that one too. It will be a pre order for me if the option is available. Then again, I pre-ordered Bastans Storm and a couple of others that are sitting in my tbr. I keep getting sidetracked by these new and new to me lists Maryse posts. :-) So many great books!

bev October 1, 2014 at 10:24 AM

23% in and so far so happy. But now into work. I need 530 to come quick today.

Jean October 1, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Haha Fabi! Let’s blame Maryse for all our squirreling!

Bev what book are you reading? I lost track!

Finished Locke and felt the end was kinda lackluster…….looks like there is potential for the series to continue with all their kids though!!!!

K October 1, 2014 at 1:25 PM

J a redmerski – seeds of iniquity is out. Part of in the company of killers series (book 4)

Amy October 1, 2014 at 1:49 PM

OMG!!! I’m at 91% of Drowning Instinct and I’m FREAKING OUT!!! The f#%k?!?!?!?!?!?

*grabbing hair and pulling*

Maryse October 1, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Gooooood rightttt?? HA!! :D

Jean October 1, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Really Amy? I assume that is a “bad” freaking out! What made you read this one? Lots of angst or something unexpected happen???

I don’t know what to read next. I know I said the Fever series but don’t want to buy it with all the other books I already have waiting for me (and it’s pricey)! I will probably spend an hour looking at my kindle trying to figure out what to read next.

Maryse October 1, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Thank you K!! I just added it. :D

Amy October 1, 2014 at 2:30 PM

*Really* good but…GAH!!!!

Oh, I am going to be in a MOOD after this!

It’s actually a *good* freaking out ’cause I love books that make me freak out like this. I started this one a little while ago but then stopped for some reason (probably in a MOOD!), and when Maryse reviewed it recently my interest was piqued again.

Hoodwinked!!!! GAH!!!!

Amy October 1, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Not hoodwinked by you, Maryse. ;) You know what I’m talking about though!

bev October 1, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Jean it is deeper by Robin York. It came out awhile ago and I know it is one of two books because I won the sequel.
Like I said I’m only around 20% but Jean it is so good so far.
For fever try the library. I actually got most of them in pb from a used book store, still a cheap way to go.

Laura October 1, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Pfft I’m on the 4th? I think book of the gypsy brothers my god they are brutal it’s a great story but I just don’t get why authors make these serials why not just the one whole book?!

Jean October 1, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Thanks for that advice bev, but I am a complete eBook hoarder! Lol!

Just checked out Deeper and it looks good! Keep me updated!

Tessa October 1, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Just finish Fallen Fourth Down. Soooooo good. Lots of angst, emotion and worry. Now off to read Stepbrother Dearest.

Tessa October 1, 2014 at 4:08 PM

I posted the promised spoiler for those who need it in the spoiler section.

Amy October 1, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Drowning Instinct was soooooooo good! SO good. But now I’m just feeling…wistful, I guess? You should read it if you get the chance, ladies.

Okay, Jean and Cheryl, let me know when you guys are starting Darkfever…I’m ready when you are! :D

I’m just gonna go snuggle with my manatee now. *hugging stuffed manatee*

Amy October 1, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Oh, and I just re-read Maryse’s review for it, and she was so right when she said it’s worth the ride…and you’ll have to read it to find out how it ends and whether or not everything works out.

Don’t read too much into my “wistful” comment. ;) I feel that way sometimes after I finish a book whether it ends the way I want it to or not or even somewhere in between. Kinda like being sad that the book is over, ya know?

Jean October 1, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Wow Amy, you needed the manatee for that one?!?! I have to read it now!

MichelleS October 1, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Bev – weren’t you the one a couple of weeks ago that said you had never read “On the Island”? Was that you? That could be a good oldie but goodie that you missed that would be a really good one book, no series, definitely a HEA romantic swoon fest for you!

Amy October 1, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Nah Jean, the manatee is more for how I’m feeling right now…pretty much just blah. You know how you finish a book and just want a little more of it? Not because you don’t like the ending but because you want to stay with the characters just a little bit longer? No? Yeah, I probably just need some Midol. :P Oooh! Shopping online for makeup and polish will help!!

And yes, you do have to read it! It’s not really black and white…it is more gray with everything that is going on in it. And there are several things going on which come into play with the teacher-student aspect. Read it!!! Reeeeeeeaaaad it!! :D

MichelleS October 1, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Speaking of teacher student….. Amy….. what was that expensive teacher-student book about a week or so ago that Maryse had on her list? Did anyone read it? Did it turn out to be worth it?

And Fabi….. um…. I think I’m ready to borrow D & A’s story now…. (hanging head in shame)…. should have listened to you and gone straight for it…. :-) In the mood for some bromance!

Amy October 1, 2014 at 7:00 PM

That’s the one I just finished, Drowning Instinct. *I* think it was worth it. It’s different from other T/S books I’ve read because of the goings-on that factor into the situation. I definitely recommend reading it! :)

Fabi October 1, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Sent it to you Michelle. :-) I’m hopefully finishing The Siren tonight. It’s been a rough read for due to the subject matter. I just don’t deal with it well. But the book, the writing, the story, all awesome.

I don’t know if I’m going to try another new one next or pick from my tbr or continue one of the many series I now have started. Or maybe I need On the Island at this point. So many great recommendations here ladies..

bev October 1, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Michelle S I did read it and loved it. Sometime I’ll have to read her other books, but right now I’m loving the one I’m reading.
Did you finish Deacon?

Jean October 1, 2014 at 8:45 PM

You guys keep reminding me about On the Island…. I gotta read that too!

Cheryl October 1, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Trying to finish Bastian’s Storm I realised something when I re-read the one section in Reckless I commented earlier about. I miss the “I can’t put the book down and the sweet, sexy H *Kellan* and the angst roller coaster ride.” I think I have read most of the books on Maryse’s “What to read after Thoughtless” list, but that’s the read I want… *sigh*

MichelleS October 1, 2014 at 9:20 PM

No, Jean, I didn’t finish Deacon. I feel so so bad about that. But it just wasn’t holding my attention. Fabi sent me the book that is prior to Bad Things, called Dangerously Happy. I am at 20% and loving it. I know it’s not everybody’s taste (m/m) but it is just so well written.

Michelle S October 1, 2014 at 9:33 PM

I meant no BEV I didn’t finish Deacon. And Jean, On the Island is a 4.5 star from Maryse and 4.75 for me. It’s a good one if you’re totally not feeling what you’re reading and want a sure one-book-romance-winner. That author just released something new, I think, which is how this one got back in the mix of things in the first place.

Lisa M October 1, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Just finished Fallen Fourth Down by Tijan. Loved it! I couldn’t read it fast enough!!!! Never have I stopped reading a book to read another! Well I just did that. Can’t wait for the next book!!!!!

bev October 1, 2014 at 10:11 PM

Michelle S Since reading Sweet Dreams I have been looking forward to Wood’s book. But now I’m so nervous about it. I don’t want to say to much but I think a lot of the responsibility and work needs to be on Wood and well that is nothow KA usually does it. Especially lately. I just really want to see him work for Maggie.

M. Pierce October 2, 2014 at 2:35 AM

Thanks so much for including Last Light on this list Maryse! I’m very interested in You. Going to “one click” that tonight. And great to see a book from my friend Penelope Ward (Stepbrother Dearest) doing so well.

Cheryl October 2, 2014 at 7:12 AM

Ok Amy, maybe the Fever Series is what I need. I got the first book from the library, I’m ready!!! ;)

Cheryl October 2, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Although Amy you have me very curious about Drowning Instinct. I think I was put off from reading it because of the age difference (and not a big fan of high school based books) & the book price. Hmmm…

Amy October 2, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Cheryl, Drowning Instinct was really, really, REALLY good. It’s a little pricier than most of the books we all buy, but it is worth it. It *is* based in high school but really didn’t feel like YA because of all the issues that were in it. And as to the age difference…yeah, she’s 16 and he is an adult, but my heart just hurt for her, and it was not creepy somehow – but not condonable either – on his part and understandable on hers.

I’m working my way through Love Nouveau, but I could put it down for Darkfever. It’s not that LN isn’t good, I’m just having trouble adjusting to the writing style. I know, a common complaint from me. ;) I think it will be fine once I do sync with it though. You hear that ladies? We’re finally going to start it!! :D

Amy October 2, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Maryse and Cheryl!! You have to check out these swatches…I am *so* getting these two gorgeous Fall collections!

Amy October 2, 2014 at 10:45 AM

And any other polish fanatics, I’d love your thoughts on those polishes!

Cheryl October 2, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Amy love the polish, especially Geneviev & Claire. The Ignite collection is so fun with the metallic shimmer!! :)

Jean October 2, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Okay! Just downloaded Darkfever, so as soon as you girls are done talking about nail polish, I am ready to start!!!! Lol!

Tessa October 2, 2014 at 2:17 PM

I like Ryan and Genevieve, and adore Remy. I want Zoya the most, though. That purpley red would work well with my skin tone.

Cheryl October 2, 2014 at 3:30 PM

OK Jean & Amy it’s on!!! :)

MichelleS October 2, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Jean – I am so jealous. I checked that out of the library years ago and, of course, loved it, because I was a PNR, Fae, and Urban Fantasy nut for a while…. and now I can’t enjoy it all over again with you because I don’t have it on my Kindle. Boo. It’s a (long) wonderfully crazy journey! Love Barrons!

bev October 2, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Amy I like Claire and Ryan. Have you ever tried Scotch nail polishes. Terribly expensive but I’m curious about them.

Amy, Cheryl, Jean so jealous that your all reading it for the first time.

But I’m still loving Deeper. It is just so good.

MichelleS October 2, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Bev: Deeper? who wrote it? did I miss that you were reading it? how did I miss that? dang it! is it the lifeguard story?

bev October 2, 2014 at 4:19 PM

No, no life guards. It’s by Robin York.

Lisa M October 2, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Omg just finished Stepbrother Dearest!! Ahhhhh!!! All in one day!!! Oops shirked my responsibilities again!!! I was on the edge of my seat reading as fast as I could to get through certain parts because I was dying to know what would happen next!!! A must read!!! All of Penelope Ward’s books are amazing!!!!

Amy October 2, 2014 at 4:45 PM

I know, the colors are beautiful, right? I’m loving all the new Fall shades! :D Bev, I’ve never heard of Scotch nail polish, but you can bet I’ll be looking it up right away!

Okay Jean and Cheryl, I’m starting Darkfever this evening. So excited, especially with how everyone has loved it so much!

And Lisa M, you’re not helping right now ’cause I still want to read that! But if I don’t stick with the Fae series, Jean and Cheryl are going to throw stuff at me…like flaming tampons. ;)

MichelleS October 2, 2014 at 4:53 PM

“flaming tampons”? LOL! you are the funniest girl, I swear!

It’s a commitment, that’s for sure, Amy. Long books. Long story. But you get some kick-@$$ Fae (I’m a V’lane fan myself) and that yummy Jericho Barrons… you just have to commit to it. I read them back to back, but I used to have the patience to do that. I wasn’t squirrelly because I didn’t check out the “newest” thing daily. I just read whatever I was reading. Once again, I’m blaming Maryse ;-)

Jean October 2, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Lol Amy! I am excited to start too after seeing MichelleS and bev’s comments! (Deeper looks good too bev…I want to read that soon)!

Oh and I definitely want to read Stepbrother after seeing Lisa’s comment! Damn…… need more time!

Fabi October 2, 2014 at 5:03 PM

I gotta back MichelleS up on that comment. There is no one like Barons!!! Never has been, never will be.

I also got them from the library and read all of them back to back some years ago. Otherwise, I’m afraid I’d jump back in and join you three to experience it all over again. *sigh* what a ride that was

Fabi October 2, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Oh, one more note. The one MichelleS is reading now, Dangerously Happy, that one has my favorite couple of ALL TIME. <—- yup with capital letters and thousands of books

If every relationship (couples, friends, relatives, etc) discussed this in the way Dario and Aiden do, then there would be nothing but love in this world.

Fabi October 2, 2014 at 5:07 PM

this = things
Sorry for the typo

MichelleS October 2, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Fabi – I’m loving Dario and Aiden….. but I have to get back to it because some big “oh oh” just happened and I gotta see where this is going (someone got a wee bit toasty and decided tying someone up was a good idea and I guess it’s NOT) so I have to skedaddle and read a bit more.

Tessa October 2, 2014 at 5:48 PM

I liked Stepbrother Dearest up until the end. I think the end could’ve been better. The beginning was everything I adore in a book, which is why I wanted the end to be better. I love her books, normally. The irony is just liking the end instead of loving it was my issue.

MichelleS October 2, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Favorite couple of ALL TIME eh? Such a hard call…. between Claire and Jamie (Outlander- later books) or Tatiana and Alexander (Bronze horseman) for me. The men just ADORE their women, worship them, would do ANYTHING for them. SWOON. And my favorite PNR couple, just because I can’t ever name one: Rhage and Mary (BDB2) and Ram and Elora (Knights of Black Swan) and Rain and Ellysetta (Tairen Soul). Making me really nostalgic for something wonderful that sticks with me.

Fabi October 2, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Hmmm I think I need Bronze Horseman on my tbr.
Don’t worry, I think your current couple will hold at least one of your heartstrings. Just wait till the conversations. Sooo perfect way to communicate. And they will do anything for each other as well. So real.

I think my fav PNR couple is xex and John, though I’m probably misspelling her name because I listened to it as opposed to reading it.

MichelleS October 2, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Fabi – LOL…. I think it was Xhex, because you know JR Ward can’t have a character without adding that random “H”….. Rehvenge, Rhage, Tohrment…. hahaha….

Fabi October 2, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Maryse, Reignite caught my eye so I went and read your review of Extinguish. Oohhh that’s so so bad, I gotta read it now. :-)

Fabi October 2, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Oh yeah, thanks Michelle. I always get such a kick out of the slang in bdb

bev October 2, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Aww some Rage and Mary love. I do so wish she would revisit them.

Cheryl October 2, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Started Darkfever; although was having a bout of the squirrels- with the comments about Stepbrother Dearest. Woulda been funny to have a flaming tampon war!! :)

Amy October 2, 2014 at 10:07 PM

In the BDB series…Zsadist and Bella!!! But Rhage and Mary are my next favorite couple in that series. *dreamy sigh*

Finally home and I can start Darkfever now! Jean, there is never enough time to read!! ;) Cheryl! Martini for you for not squirreling! *hands Queen of the Fairies martini to Cheryl*

*giggle* Do you ladies know how badly I want to light a tampon on fire just to see how it would look as it burns?? :P

Cheryl October 2, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Amy thanks for the martini! Please practice safe tampon burning!! *giggle, snort*

bev October 2, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Finished!
It was great. Oh this book is just so GOOD, lol.

bev October 3, 2014 at 12:36 AM

Started Harder and Ouch.

Jean October 3, 2014 at 5:56 AM

Guys I am LOVING Darkfever!!!! Great recommendation! Couldn’t put it down last night and now I’m tired today! Soooo good!!!!! Wish I could put my life on hold today so I could finish it! Thankfully my boss is out today so I will be”sneak”reading at my desk!

Cheryl October 3, 2014 at 6:49 AM

Didn’t get to read much last night. Jean, now really anxious to read more today! ;)

Laura October 3, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Aw just finished brother dearest I like it :) ok so what’s going on why are we burning tampons? Isn’t it ment to be bras?

Maryse October 3, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Whoa. I missed a LOT while I was reading my creep-fest book…

LOL!!! :P

Maryse October 3, 2014 at 11:39 AM

OMG MichelleS I’m a V’lane girl too!!!!!

We are rare, although I cannot understand why… ;)

Maryse October 3, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Fabi!! Tell me if you read it. I’m dying to know what you think.

Jean October 3, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Haha, yes we are all out of control here…..but you created us!! Lol!

So, how are you liking “You”? That sounds funny…. the book “You” that is…

Maryse October 3, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Amy I LOVE Margo and Veronica!!! Especially Margo… i like pink-tonged things.

And may I just ask… HOW IN THE HECK does she get such an unbelievably perfect manicure for each picture? :D HOLY MOLY I am jealous!!!!!!!

Maryse October 3, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Oh MY GOD! I did NOT just say pink-tongued things!???

Oh we are off to a rowdy start today my friends. And my auto-correct is kicking it into high gear apparently.

I meant pink TINGED things.

Maryse October 3, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Jean… I’m at about a 3.5 with You. It’s amazingly written, super Pro, super unique, but it’s long and my attention span when things aren’t “crazy or swooned” enough… you know…

I’m almost done.

Fabi October 3, 2014 at 11:47 AM

Lol Maryse, are you revving us up for our Friday night frenzy?

marina October 3, 2014 at 12:30 PM

Stepbrother Dearest = Unputdownable. Everything else fell by the wayside. It was that… when you are searching and hunting and searching for that book to hook you and hook you now. Love Nouveau is next. Beautiful design…

Amy October 3, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Pink-tongued things?!?!?!?!?!? BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I snorted so hard that I choked on my coffee and now the back of my throat hurts!!!!!

Holy crap, that was so worth it though!!!!! I freaking love your dirty autocorrect!!!!! LOL!!!!!

Okay, *deep breath* gotta calm down now.

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Amy October 3, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Alright, I think I’m calmed down now. ;)

“…but you created us!!” <——– That was awesome, Jean! LOL!!!

Laura, flaming tampons are what Jean and Cheryl would probably throw at me if I didn't stick with Darkfever…and I want to light one just out of curiosity. *giggle* My 30-something-year-old girls need all the support they can get, so no bra burning for me! :P

Amy October 3, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Maryse, the trick to getting nails to look like that is a good base coat, two coats of the color using the three-stroke technique (middle, left and right), a really good top coat and then using a small brush and polish remover around the base of the nail and cuticle. Voila!!! :D

*hee hee* Three-stroke technique. :P

Jean October 3, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Amy, you are laughing at Maryse? At least she’s got auto correct to blame! Three-stroke technique??!?!? I can’t even go there!!! Lol!!

Jean October 3, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Here we go! Let the Friday night games begin!

Amy October 3, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Jean, that’s what makes it so funny…she wasn’t *trying* to be dirty! :P

Amy October 3, 2014 at 1:23 PM

*giggle* Yep, three strokes and done! LOL!!!!

Fabi October 3, 2014 at 1:43 PM

No fair starting Friday early! I’m still working. (and now thinking of a 3 stroke technique) *sigh* Amy Amy Amy

:-) :-) :-)

Jean October 3, 2014 at 2:20 PM

No worries Fabi, I am still working too! (But trying to read Darkfever at my desk! Had a presentation in work today and the presenter’s last name was Null…..IT’S A SIGN)!

Three Strokes and done….ugh, that poor girl! Hahahaha!

Grey October 5, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Stepbrother Dearest. Oh, I definitely enjoyed it! This was a “I couldn’t put the book down until I was finished with it” type of read for me. So… in the bathroom… sorting laundry…. talking on the phone… all occurred while reading!

Rosemarie October 5, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Just finished Love Nouveau and that last chapter! Ugh!