Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – September 3rd 2013

by Maryse on September 3, 2013 · 21 comments

Here are todays latest book releases! Quite a few paranormals, today that have already caught my eye. Of course, Styxx!! (eeeeep YAY ME!) but also, look! One of our favorite authors (S.C. Stephens, author of “Thoughtless”) just released book #1 in her vampire series “Conversion“. Christine Feehan just released Dark Lycan (Carpathian). I used to read her voraciously ’cause her paranormals were so alpha – I mean, ridiculously alpha! Almost smotheringly so, but in a book, that can be fun to read. ;)

And then, some of the contemporary releases made me pre-squee with the synopsis alone, such as Everything for Us (A Bad Boys Novel)Bad Nights (she finds a bad-ass injured in her woods), Leap of Faith (Jamie Blaire aka Kelli Maine and OMG that one sounds like it could be crazy!!) and Against the Ropes (a new fighter book) that you know I won’t be able to resist! I noted a few others below, too.

Plus! I selected a few bargain finds from our reader recommendations that look SO good!

Okay so let me know if you come across any awesome ones on this list, or if I’m missing any. :)

BARGAINS

• Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City) by Penny Reid <– on sale today (thanks Kathleen) and Kandace said: “YAY!! Loved this one. Although, If I knew Janie in real life I would probably want to smack her.”
  • Recklessly by A.J. Sand <— just released (thanks you Stephanie!)
  • Crazy Beautiful Love (The Martelli Brothers) by J. S. Cooper <– Tasha says: “… so far loving it way different story line then I’ve read before.”
  • Forget Me Not (Flowering, #1) by Sarah Daltry <— Louise recommends this one! “you have got to read Forget Me Not by Sarah Daltry. It is a standalone. Hot Hot Hot! Loved it!. I had never heard of the author or this story and I took a chance. The story of Lilly discovering herself is something many women can relate to in addition to having some angst, choosing between 2 men….and wow, just wow, then 2 men. *swoon*…..”
  • Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters <— very recent releases that is exciting our crew! Jennifer recommends it! “OMG Tears of Tess..I LOVED this read…so, so good!” and Angie agrees: “Holy incredible Dom love. Well, that’s only part of the story, but if you can take a bit more of the dark side, this one is amazing.”
  • The Solitude of Passion by Addison Moore <— (thank you Nancy!!)
  • Nameless by Claire Kent <— just released! I loved this author’s other book “Escorted” so I’m curious!
  • My Now & Forever (My Way Series) by HJ Bellus <— recommended below by Lindsay! she said: “It’s a short novel but it is very sweet, funny, and very steamy. You can’t help but fall in love with the characters. Def, the kind of book I was needing to get me out of my book funk.”

PARANORMAL

CONTEMPORARY

Rori September 3, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Broken and Screwed 2 by Tijan and Fearless(Jesse) by Eve Carter and Seduced by Melody Anne were released as well.

Amy September 3, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I would squee if my voice could actually reach that pitch (it won’t; I tried and I sounded like a piglet hacking up a lung). There are so many new releases and bargains!! It’s as exciting as when I had books pop up in my Kindle library this morning that I forgot I had preordered. Thanks for the list, Maryse! :)

Maryse September 3, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Oh yes!! Okay, Rori – as soon as I get in from work, I’m addin’ ‘em! :D

Maryse September 3, 2013 at 1:53 PM

My pleasure, Amy! This is one of my favorite posts to make ’cause while I list them, I scope out the blurbs looking for our next potential *squee* book. Great fun! It takes awhile but well worth it!

Lindsay September 3, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I highly recommend My Now and Forever by HJ Bellus. I think I got it free but it may now be 99 pennies. So worth it though. It’s a short novel but it is very sweet, funny, and very steamy. You can’t help but fall in love with the characters. Def, the kind of book I was needing to get me out of my book funk.

Maryse September 3, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Okay I’ll add it up there, too! Thanks Lindsay! Sounds awesome.

Mertxe September 3, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I just read Broken and screwed 2. I’m soooo happy

Sam Stettner September 3, 2013 at 5:35 PM

So Much It Hurts by Melanie Dawn is a wonderful book, you must read it!

Joanne C September 3, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I read So Much It Hurts by Melanie Dawn – hot rock star Chris King is reunited with the only girl he ever loved only to discover that she’s married with a young child – broke my heart!

Nupur September 3, 2013 at 6:26 PM

‘Slow Burn’ by Nicole Christie is out – this is the author of ‘Falling for the Ghost of You’. I really enjoyed both these books.

Becky September 3, 2013 at 6:38 PM

One word. STYXX!!!!!!!

Been waiting SO long for this one.

Penny Reid September 3, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Thank you, Maryse (and Kathleen), for including Neanderthal Seeks Human in your fantastic bargains list <3 And thank you also for all you do to support indie authors!! Sincerely, Penny

Maryse September 3, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Okay heads-up:

I’m 25% into Against the Ropes by Sarah Castille and so far I LOVE it!!! I can’t stop laughing (I mean cackling), ’cause it’s just so hilarious and soooooo tooooooo cute!!!! And I like funny books but don’t usually gravitate to them, but this one? I’m SO happy I sampled it and decided to go all-in.

And sure, it’s funny, but. BUT!!! He’s a MEGA alpha and OMG I’m swooning, too. This one has me happy as heck!

Jennifer F. September 3, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Thank you, thank you!!!!
It feels like I’ve been waiting a lifetime for STYXX!!!!

Sarah Daltry September 4, 2013 at 6:28 AM

Thanks for including Forget Me Not! :) Jack’s story is coming soon!! :)

lisa September 4, 2013 at 6:37 AM

Nameless looks good.:)

Triva September 4, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Withstanding Me (Breakneck Series #2) by Crystal Spears is out now for $2.99 on Amazon.

bookster September 4, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I’m in a reading funk. Nothing in that HUGE list shouts out to me :( I am so depressed.

Catherine N September 7, 2013 at 8:47 PM

FYI, Styxx by Sherrilyn Kenyon is going to absolutely destroy your life, so make sure you have a HUGE block of time and a box of tissues with which to read it. Fair warning. Beautiful and heartwrenching story.

Jessie October 23, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Almost done with Styxx. Its a tough book (super easy read) like Acheron was…but I believe it will be all worth it in the end!

Jessie November 21, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I finished Styxx and it was great. Again, it was hard reading all that happened to him just like Acheron. But now we know they both had almost the same experiences.
I also finished the new Fallen Angels book by JR Ward. It was good but a little confusing at times because there are a few different characters to follow. Should be interesting to see which direction the next book goes.