Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – September 8th 2015

by Maryse on September 8, 2015 · 241 comments

Happy New Release Day!!!!

I have an immediate MUST-READ recommendation of a book that was just released yesterday that is FABULOUS and to me? The ideal “contemporary romance” read. Hollywood Dirt by Alessandra Torre!! I’m writing the review this evening but if you’re looking to get out of a reading slump, THIS IS IT!!!!!! :D 5 stars!!!!! I’m telling you!

Here’s a little “currently reading post” and if you read the comments, you see how much I loved it. Currently Reading… Hollywood Dirt by Alessandra Torre (and I’m loving it!!)

P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).

For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>

• AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
  1. Make Me: Jack Reacher, Book 20 by Lee Child
  2. Darken the Stars: The Kricket Series, Book 3 by Amy Bartol
  3. Unbroken: The Secret Life of Amy Bensen, Book 4 by Lisa Renee Jones
  4. Fair Play by Josh Lanyon
  5. A Shade of Vampire 8: A Shade of Novak by Bella Forrest
  6. Obsession Falls: Virtue Falls, Book 2 by Christina Dodd

BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).

• Fearless: The Complete Novel (Dartmoor Book 1) by Lauren Gilley <— Lauren found us this one on sale!! “Fearless: The Complete Novel (Dartmoor Book 1) by Lauren Gilley is on sale!!!! The 2nd book, Price of Angels (Dartmoor Book 2)”
  • Time Served by Julianna Keyes <— JUST got released from prison, and she’s his lawyer… (book #2 about another couple was just released, below)
  • The Violinist by Avylinn <— Kelly found us this free one that we can read on Wattpad! “Just finished my 1st read on Wattpad – The Violinist. It’s a beautiful M/M. Highly recommend.”
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman Trilogy Book 1) by Paullina Simons <— One of OUR 5-STAR FAVORITES and it’s on super-sale today!!! (my review)
  • Never Let You Go (a modern fairytale) by Katy Regnery <— Tessa found us this one! “Never Let You Go by Katy Regnery is also.”
  • Boy In A Band (A Morgan Mallory story Book 1) by Lisa Loomis <— And Tessa found us this one! “Boy in the Band by Lisa Loomis is.”
  • The Syrian Virgin: A Young Woman’s Journey From War in Syria to Love in New York (The Syrian Virgin Series Book 1) by Zack Love <— MichelleS is hooked on this one! “It’s called The Syrian Virgin. I’m a little obsessed right now with this book. It’s written by a man (not my usual choice) and it has really sucked me in. She’s a teen who escapes Syria to the US. She is young and sheltered. She finds herself attracted to two older men (safe, unattainable). One is her Columbia professor-Manhattan’s most eligible bachelor, and the other is a Syrian PhD student who wants to help with the effort to aid the Syrian Christians. Some heavy stuff…. but I am so into this story!!!”

1. Numbers (New Species) by Lauren Dohner
  2. Darken the Stars (The Kricket Series Book 3) by Amy A. Bartol
  3. The Color of Time (The Color of Heaven Series Book 9) by Julianne MacLean <— TIME TRAVEL!
  4. Tall, Dark and Godstruck (Pack Reflections Book 2) by SA Welsh
  5. Initiation (The Warrior Book 1) by Rebecca Royce
  6. Deviant Warrior: (Dark Warrior Alliance Book Three) by Brenda Trim and Tami Julka
  7. Dead Awake (Dead Series) by Lizzie T. Leaf
  8. WRECKED (Fractured Magic) by Franca Storm

1. Hollywood Dirt by Alessandra Torre <— MY LATEST 5-STAR FAVORITE ALERT!!!! MUST READ!! SO SO SOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!Our lives shouldn’t have collided. But then Cole Masten read a book about my small town. And six months later, his jet landed on our dusty airstrip, and he brought Hollywood with him. From the start, I knew he was trouble. For our town. And for me.
  2. Best Laid Plans (The Mercenaries Book 1) by Stylo Fantome
  3. In Her Defense (Time Served) by Julianna Keyes
  4. The Year I Became Isabella Anders (A Sunnyvale Novel Book 1) by Jessica Sorensen <— She goes to her grandmother’s house for the summer… “Three months later, Isabella returns home an entirely new person. The change is enough to catch both Kyler and Kai’s attention. But Isabella is still struggling with what she discovered over the summer and until she deals with the truth, she’ll never truly be herself…
  5. It Had to Be Love (An It Had to Be Novel) by Tamra Baumann
  6. Protecting Her (The Kensingtons Book 3) by Allie Everhart
  7. The End Game by Kate McCarthy <— SPORTS STARS & SCANDAL ALERT!!I met Brody Madden in my senior year of college. An Australian native on an international scholarship, I was the female soccer sensation with stars in her eyes and no room for a hotshot wide receiver with a chip on his shoulder…
  8. Pure Wicked: A Wicked Lovers Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Shayla Black
  9. My Kind of Forever (The Beaumont Series Book 5) by Heidi McLaughlin <— ROCK STAR ALERT!! This is a continuation… he has to go back to LA and… “Torn between his love for music and his love for his family, Liam finds he’s needed back in Los Angeles and the place where it all began. Josie is apprehensive, but knows this is what’s best for Liam and the bands career; however, it doesn’t take long for her biggest fears to start coming true. ” <— YIKES!!!!!
  10. Finding You (Love Wanted in Texas Series Book 4) by Kelly Elliott
  11. Ryker: A Cold Fury Hockey Novel (Carolina Cold Fury Hockey) by Sawyer Bennett <— SINGLE FATHER HOCKEY STAR that has to prove himself as still at the top of his game, and the woman that believes in him, she… “She hopes their hot streak will last forever, but with Ryker’s conniving ex plotting to reclaim her man the pressure’s on Gray to step up and save a tender new love before it’s too late.
  12. Make Me: A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child
  13. Protecting Melody (SEAL of Protection Book 7) by Susan Stoker <— EX-NAVY SEAL lost his leg and got a computer job… “when the woman he’s been talking to online for the last six months suddenly disappears without a word, Tex knows it’s time to step up, and use his skills for himself this time…
  14. Hot SEAL (Hostile Operations Team – Book 9)(HOT SEAL Team Book 1) (Hostile Operations Team Series) (Volume 9) by Lynn Raye Harris
  15. SEAL’s Defiance (Take No Prisoners Book 7) by Elle James
  16. Rule’s Seduction (The House of Rule Book 4) by Lynda Chance
  17. Exposed (Hostage Rescue Team Series Book 6) by Kaylea Cross
  18. Finding A Loyal Love 2 by A’Zayler
  19. Wet by Ruth Clampett <— RECOVERING SEX ADDICT wants to find love but… “How can he resist a hot divorcee who’s amped up to have all the fun she’s missed?”
  20. To Love and To Cherish by Barbara Edema
  21. Closet Confession by Kindle Alexander <— M/M ROMANCE!!
  22. Scorched Edges (Tales from The Edge Book 6) by L.M. Somerton <— M/M ROMANCE!!
  23. Straight Up: A Dan Stagg Novel by James Lear <— M/M ROMANCE!!
  24. Last Chance Hero (A Place to Call Home Book #4): A Novel by Cathleen Armstrong
  25. The Sea Keeper’s Daughters (A Carolina Chronicles) by Lisa Wingate <— SHE INHERITS AN OLD HOTEL BUT CAN’T sell it, so… “Searching through years of stored family heirlooms may be Whitney’s only hope of quick cash, but will the discovery of an old necklace and a Depression-era love story change everything?
  26. Girl Meets Class by Karin Gillespie <— SOUNDS LIKE FUN! SHE’S ABOUT TO LOSE HER INHERITANCE IF SHE CAN’T PROVE SHE CAN STAY ON TRACK so… “Toni Lee signs up for a fast-track Teacher Corps program. She hopes for an easy teaching gig, but what she gets is an assignment to Harriet Hall, a high school that churns out more thugs than scholars. What’s a spoiled Southern belle to do when confronted with a bunch of street smart students who are determined to make her life as difficult as possible?
  27. Blow (TKO Series Book 3) <— FIGHTER ALERT!! He’s in love with her but she’s into his bad-boy cousin…
  28. Better Broken by Justine Iarann
  29. In Her Way by Eryn Scott
  30. Caribbean Cowboy (Under the Caribbean Sun) by Jenna Bayley-Burke
  31. A Heart to Heal (Southern Love Series Book 3) by Synithia Williams
  32. Obsession Falls (Virtue Falls Book 2) by Chistina Dodd
  33. Super Chick (The Dynamic Divas Book 1) by Amber R. Polk
  34. Arrhythmia by Johanna Danninger
  35. Knocked Out: An MMA-Inspired Romance (Forest Breeze Book 3) by Julie Tetel Andresen
  36. A Little Slice Of Heaven by Gina Ardito
  37. Ringmaster (Arcanium Book 4) by Aurelia T. Evans
  38. Rescued by the Ranger by Dixie Lee Brown
  39. Heal My Heart (The Kemmons Brothers Baseball Series Book 3) by Elley Arden
  40. Making a Play (Hometown Players) by Victoria Denault <— HOCKEY STAR ALERT!Rose Caplan is tired of being shy, sweet, and safe. She’s ready for passion, romance–and Luc. Having loved him longer than she can remember, she’s finally ready to prove she’s not the same innocent little girl he once knew…
  41. The New Middle by Bonita Thompson
  42. Save My Soul (The Kemmons Brothers Baseball Series Book 1) by Elley Arden
  43. Perfect on Paper by Destiny Moon
And tomorrow’s releases!!!
  1. Sexy by J.A. Huss - September 9th 2015
  2. Paper Hearts by Claire Contreras – September 9th 2015
  3. Roustabout (Traveling Series #3) by Jane Harvey-Berrick – September 9th 2015

PRE-ORDERS (next week’s)

1. Breathe: A Submission Series Standalone (The Submission Series) by C.D. Reiss – September 14th 2015
  2. The Driven Series Boxed Set – Limited Edition (Books 1-4) by K. Bromberg – September 14th 2015
  3. The Affiliate (Ascension Book 1) by K.A. Linde – September 15th 2015
  4. The Skeleton King (Dartmoor Book 3) by Lauren Gilley – September 15th 2015
  5. Screwed by Kendall Ryan – September 15th 2015
  6. Dark Wild Night (Wild Seasons) by Christina Lauren - expected release date September 15th 2015
  7. Hard Love: The Hacker Series #5 by Meredith Wild – September 15th 2015
  8. Forgotten Desires: A short story in aid of The Eve Appeal by Jodi Ellen Malpas – September 21st 2015
  9. Every Wrong Reason by Rachel Higginson - September 22nd 2015
  10. Sinful Desire by Lauren Blakely – September 22nd 2015
  11. Unlawful Desire (ALFA PI Book 2) by Chelle Bliss - September 22nd 2015
  12. Bound by Sin (The Immortal Brothers) by Jacquelyn Frank – September 29th 2015
  13. Forever with You by Jennifer L. Armentrout - expected release date September 29th 2015
  14. About a Vampire: An Argeneau Novel (Argeneau Vampire) by Lynsay Sands - expected release date September 29th 2015
  15. After You: A Novel by JoJo Moyes - expected release date September 29th 2015

Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

Tessa September 8, 2015 at 3:40 PM

Boy in the Band by Lisa Loomis is 0.99.

I got Best Laid Plans and End Game already. Thank you Maryse!

Fabi September 8, 2015 at 3:59 PM

I got the first book in the New Species series. Even though it sounds like I may have read it already, its not in my Kindle and I couldn’t pick up book 14 and 15 in the list above without going back and reading the whole series. I feel a PNR binge coming on. My arc is PNR and I may just continue that trend with Fury next. Who else was on a PNR kick lately? Was it you Tessa?

Marit September 8, 2015 at 3:59 PM

Love the list ;) I will dream about it now and find out which one to start tomorrow :D

Tessa September 8, 2015 at 4:02 PM

Yeah, I was on the PNR kick. I think Hollywood Dirt broke the need. I’m going to be onto Best Laid Plan once I finish this prequel to an arc I got.

Ela September 8, 2015 at 4:08 PM

Wowwwwwwwwww! Thanks Maryse!!!! Hollywood Dirt is next on my list, although I can’t wait for Sexy! Almost done with Begging For It and agree that it isn’t as intense as Asking For It.

Hope everyone had a great Labor Weekend! I came back tired from camping.

Ela September 8, 2015 at 4:10 PM

I saw several reviews say Best Laid Plans has a cliffy, FYI.

Jean September 8, 2015 at 4:35 PM

Yay Maryse’s list….my day is complete now. I’m reading Hollywood Dirt right now! Loving it!

MichelleS September 8, 2015 at 4:48 PM

Fabi – once upon a time I devoured the new Species books!!! They were like The Breeds “lite”…. so hot! Wait until you get to Valiant. WOWZA. HOT HOT. Heehee….. did yo ever read Lora Leigh’s The Breeds?

MichelleS September 8, 2015 at 4:51 PM

I’m going to try to finish The Syrian Virgin tonight. I’m so excited to get back to this book. Not sure why, but I am loving the characters and it’s just doing it for me. Julien Morales (the bad boy professor) is TOTALLY doing it for me. He’s complex and wicked and smart…. I am sooooo hoping this love triangle thingy happens for real and not just from afar! Okay – back to it….

fabi September 8, 2015 at 4:52 PM

Yeaaa MichelleS, I’m looking forward to some PNR. I read Lora Leigh’s a long time ago. Well, I read some of them, not all.

Tessa September 8, 2015 at 4:52 PM

Never Let You Go by Katy Regnery is also 0.99. Ela, that’s why I figured I’d probably be the only one to read it since I don’t mind CH. :)

Melody September 8, 2015 at 5:19 PM

Loved, Loved, Loved Hollywood Dirt! Sooooo good!!! Definite 5 stars!

Amy September 8, 2015 at 5:26 PM

I need to get caught up on the Beaumont series because that newest one looks like it’s going to get a little angsty!

Hollywood Dirt is definitely up next for me after Sweet Dreams. <—– You see that? I'm actually being disciplined and not squirreling, even though everyone is going nuts over HD! Do y'all have any idea how tough this is for me??

MichelleS September 8, 2015 at 5:39 PM

Amy – oh man, you poor thing. And it’s KA on top of that – so it is crazy long to boot. But Tate is worth it. Maybe because it was my very first KA, not sure, but I have such a sweet spot for Sweet Dreams.

bev September 8, 2015 at 6:06 PM

Where you at, Amy?

Not sure yet what my next read will be. I honestly want to read a Mercy Thompson book. * sigh*

Tessa September 8, 2015 at 6:44 PM

Mercy Thompson books are always a good bet. I need to actually buy the first few, (got it originally from the library) because I sometimes just want to re-read it.

bev September 8, 2015 at 7:09 PM

Just six more months, Tessa.

Tessa September 8, 2015 at 8:08 PM

Rofl Is that all? This prequel is not written well. Maybe it’s me, and after reading Hollywood Dirt, but I can’t feel anything for the characters.

Maryse September 8, 2015 at 8:14 PM

what book are we talking about, prequel wise?

Oh and HI everyone!!!!!! :D

Tessa September 8, 2015 at 8:20 PM

Oh an arc I got. I got the prequel too, and I think my main problem is I don’t like the MC. As in, if I saw her right now, I’d punch her in the nose type don’t like her. :/

Maryse September 8, 2015 at 8:44 PM

*snort* :P

Robyn September 8, 2015 at 8:44 PM

I’m so glad you have The Dartmoor series up! One of the best MC series out there. The Skeleton Key, the third book is coming out soon!

Michelle September 8, 2015 at 9:01 PM

Well ok Maryse – that’s some reaction so I guess I need to pick up Hollywood Dirt :)

I’m on a PNR/fantasy kick but I’m struggling with The Drafter. Went and read two other books in between and came back hoping it gets better…ugghhh Kim Harrison I love you but just ugghhh is this suppose to be coherent and make sense? I have 7% left and I was over it a LONG time ago. Sad :( Read the Hollows series if you haven’t but yeah this new series is not doing it for me…

Michelle September 8, 2015 at 9:06 PM

What good PNR did you find Tessa? Anything to unslump me?

Fabi, the New Species books are sexy entertaining fun! I skipped around but agree Valiant was smokin…I liked Tiger too.

Tessa September 8, 2015 at 9:14 PM

Finished and I’m going to just wait a day before reading the next one. She got redeemable in the end, but I’m so confused.

Good PNR… need it to be Adult or YA acceptable?

bev September 8, 2015 at 9:16 PM

I have been wanting to do a re-read of the first Mercy book.
Doing a re-read now, one of my overdue library books, the Passions of Emma.

Michelle September 8, 2015 at 9:20 PM

Oh you know me by now Tessa…I will read any pnr if it’s good :D

Tessa September 8, 2015 at 9:47 PM

Something different: Silvern by Christina Farley. Korean mythology. :)
Dark Elements series by Jennifer L. Armentrout – I’m still not sure if I’m happy with who she ended up with. I liked them both equally.
The whole Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa was good.
The Immortal Empire by Kate Locke was Steampunk and PNR.
Supernatral Prison series by Jaymin Eve. I’ve only read one and the second one I got through KU and plan to start… soon? lol It’s high on my TBR list.
Amy’s suggestion of the Pierced series is extremely good. Why am I only on number four there?

Tessa September 8, 2015 at 9:49 PM

Oh, I should ask, anyone ever read the Jane Yellowrock series? I’ve eyed that for years, but keep forgetting about it.

Jackie September 8, 2015 at 10:15 PM

Reading Hollywood Dirt. Cannot put it down!

fabi September 8, 2015 at 10:37 PM

Tessa at least your arc was readable. The writing is so bad in mine that I’m not going to be able to read it. I haven’t done a beta read in a while because I sort of burned out on them. This one is supposed to be a ready for publishing arc. I have no idea if the story is good or not because I can’t get past the writing to find out. *sigh* How do I get myself into these messes?

fabi September 8, 2015 at 10:40 PM

Michelle and MichelleS it sounds like I don’t have to read these in order in spite of the author saying they’re better that way. You both skipped around? I’ve already bought the first one, but I’ll skip to the two you guys recommend next if the orser doesn’t matter. I’m just in that PNR mood right now. Something steamy, light and complete and utter fantasy.

Tessa September 8, 2015 at 11:24 PM

I guess it was readable. She redeemed herself, at least. Reading Best Laid Plan, and it’s guns drawn type fun.

Anne September 8, 2015 at 11:31 PM

Amazing list Maryse!

Finished Hollywood Dirt and loved it! Cole and Summer’s chemistry is off the charts! The writing was amazing too. 4.5/5 for me :)

Don’t know what to read next…

Anne September 8, 2015 at 11:35 PM

Ela its because of that CH that I am waiting till the next and final book is out. Its supposed to be a big one also so I’ll just wait till December :)

Jackie September 9, 2015 at 1:58 AM

I’m just updating that I finished Hollywood Dirt and it was 5 stars for me. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but this I has elements of other books I have liked-Hollywood guy meets small town girl, love/hate chemistry, etc…, but this felt new and original to me. I think that it based on a true element, that the main character don’t meet until 20%, and the writing about the filming of the movie felt so authentic-that’s what separates this from other stories.
Totally loved everything about this book.

Lisa September 9, 2015 at 4:45 AM

Maryse just finished Hollywood Dirt today and LOOOVED it!! Great writing and wonderful dual POV. Summer and Coles chemistry is hot hot hot. 5 Southern stars y’all.

Antonella September 9, 2015 at 5:47 AM

The Gypsy Brothers series (bundle of all 7 books plus an extra) by Lili St Germain is on sale for 99 cents. I think you guys would love it – revenge, love, drama, all mashed together into one epic hot saga. Highly recommend and at that price it’s a bargain!

Cheryl September 9, 2015 at 6:13 AM

Hi Maryse!! Lots on this list that catch my interest, but I’m finishing Hollywood Dirt before deciding what to one-click and read next- The End Game, Ryker, Making A Play-especially since recently read book 1, and Sexy! ;)

Yeh a heard CH for BLP and book 2 out sometime in December.

I know I asked before, but did anyone read Kaleidoscope Hearts and do you need to read this first before reading Paper Hearts?

Michelle September 9, 2015 at 6:26 AM

Oohhh score Tessa, I forgot I have Dragon Marked to read still! Yey I have a read and didn’t spend 8 hrs weeding through my tbr :D I have the first Jane Yellowrock book but never started that series. Mixed reviews held me off for years but it’s another I want to start.

Fabi, I checked and I read the first three in order and then skipped around after that. They would certainly be better in order but I could fill in the holes if I skipped one or two and didn’t care if I saw a couple together from a book I didn’t read. Oh Dohner has a Zorn Warriors series I read a while ago that is basically smutty alien scifi but the stories were entertaining and quick reads too.

fabi September 9, 2015 at 6:32 AM

Thanks Michelle, I’ll check that one out too.

Jean September 9, 2015 at 7:00 AM

I am really loving Hollywood Dirt and I don’t usually go for the famous actor books, but this is so well done!

*whispering to Amy…. you should totally squirrel!*

Jean September 9, 2015 at 7:01 AM

I got the Gypsy Brothers series….that looks really good!

Lisa September 9, 2015 at 7:33 AM

On to Sexy for me…then maybe Ryker.

bev September 9, 2015 at 7:34 AM

Fabi, have you read the Mercy Thompson books? I can’t remember. Also, Nalini Singh.

bev September 9, 2015 at 7:35 AM

Jean!!! Amy, is keeping to her deal. Don’t let her sway you Amy. You got this.

Rebecca September 9, 2015 at 7:45 AM

How could I not resist Hollywood Dirt? Click! I also got Best Laid Plans, Wet, and The End Game.

bev September 9, 2015 at 7:46 AM

One last one. I do not play video games but this looked cute.

MichelleS September 9, 2015 at 7:51 AM

Fabi – I read them in order. Not totally necessary since each book is about a separate couple. Some were much better than others. Overall it was a super sexy fun PNR.

I devoured The Syrian Virgin and am moving on to the second book, which wraps up the story. Totally invested in these characters. Thought about it all day yesterday and tossed and turned last night because of it. I love it when a book does that to me.

Antonella September 9, 2015 at 8:02 AM

Hope u enjoy Gypsy Brothers Jean. The author did quite well out of it that she got picked up by a publisher and released a spin off prequel to the series called Cartel, which I have but am yet to read.

I just finished Revue by GM Golland, not bad a 3.5 star read. Think I will start The End Game now, in the mood for something sweet. The cover is giving off those vibes.

11pm here better get some sleep………..

Jean September 9, 2015 at 8:04 AM

MichelleS, you are totally making me want to read Syrian Virgin! “Thought about it all day, tossed and turned?” Sounds perfect to me and I haven’t had a book do that for me in a long time!

Young September 9, 2015 at 8:46 AM

I just finished Burn for me by Ilona Andrrew. SO GOOD!! Tessa and others for the recommendation! Now just started Cry Wolf (Alpha and Omega) by Patricia Briggs. Hope this is good..

Anna September 9, 2015 at 8:46 AM

Sooo excited that I finally bought a copy of The Bronze Horseman. It’s been on my TBR for years!

Ela September 9, 2015 at 8:48 AM

I read the Gypsy Brothers and really enjoyed that series! Just finished Begging for It and didn’t quite “feel” it. Moving onto Hollywood Dirt :)

I’m waiting on that CH too!

I still have to catch up to Mercy Thompson, I think I haven’t read the last 2???? Oh and need to catch up on the spin off too. Then I believe I didn’t read the last of Cat and Bones! Why? Because it’s the last one….duh! So many series so little time! Don’t even get me started on the Argeneau Books!!!!!!!!!! I think I’m like 10 behind, there are sooooooooo many!

marina September 9, 2015 at 9:14 AM

Just finished Hollywood Dirt and loved it!! Felt original and quirky… what next…

Tessa September 9, 2015 at 9:35 AM

Logan fans, look at Maryse’s Facebook post. :) #Logansawesomenooneforgetit

Oh good Michelle. Glad to help. I guess I’ll try Yellowrock as my next PNR.

Young, There’s a prequel that’s free for the Alpha and Omega story. Though not as much excitement and action as the Mercy books, Charles and Anna are one of the most romantic pair I’ve ever read. :)

Ela, same here with Cat and Bones. Though, I went to read it after the last Vlad boo and couldn’t remember stuff. *sighs* I forget what the last book I read was in the Argenaeau series. I like them a lot, but there are so many!

Ela September 9, 2015 at 9:51 AM

Oooooooooooo! Looks like I made it to book 14 in Argeneau series out of 24!

Tessa September 9, 2015 at 9:53 AM

Bev, I want that game. I’m a gamer too, though I love the fantasy ones the most. A Regency one sounds too fun, though Neverwinter Nights will have my heart with it’s romantic possibilities. I got my brooding, dark Tiefling in the end. *grins*

Tessa September 9, 2015 at 9:57 AM

Ela, I read up to 18. Only six more to go! :P

fabi September 9, 2015 at 10:07 AM

Nalini Singh rings a bell but I don’t think I’ve read. Mercy Thompson I’ve read, though maybe not all.

Jean! I was totally skipping over this five star book because I don’t usually go for actor books and especially this one with the MC previously married. Just didn’t sound like my thing. But with your comment temptation is beating down my door.

Ela September 9, 2015 at 10:13 AM

Tessa! LOL Looks like I have 10 more to go…that’s a lot of books for one series!!!!!!!!!

Jean September 9, 2015 at 10:52 AM

Fabi, it is soooo good, not the typical actor romance! Do it! And yes bev, Amy needs to squirrel too…’s so much better than Sweet Dreams!

Anna, we planned a buddy read of The Bronze Horseman here for December 5th if you’d like to join us!

young September 9, 2015 at 11:13 AM

Tessa, I will check the prequel, thanks! I can’t wait to getting into the Alpha and Omega story. By the way, can’t wait for the next book of the Hidden Legacy series.

Bev, I really enjoyed the Archangel series by Nalini Singh. Her wring is fantastic and I loved the MC (Raphael ‘heart’ sigh… ) Btw, has anyone read Kate Daniel series by Ilona Andrews? Are they good? I’m in that PNR mood right now. Can anyone suggest good PNR with romance without love triangle? (I know I’m weird that way) Thanks Guys!

young September 9, 2015 at 11:16 AM

I hear so good things about Bronze Horseman, but I’m afraid of reading it. Is it sad and heartbroken? At least is it HEA?

Tessa September 9, 2015 at 11:21 AM

Ela, it’s like a whole new series, right? *snickers*

Kate Daniels series is beyond awesome, literally one of the best PNR series. The female MC is a strong, bad-a$$ alpha with issues. There’s no real love triangle. There is a guy she kind of dates, and the guy you know she’ll end up with. (Which sounds triangle-ish, but seriously isn’t) The world is definitely different, too.

Raphael… *sighs* Yeah. Him and Elena are so great together.

Tessa September 9, 2015 at 11:31 AM

Okay, I know it’s Wed., but everyone, who are your favorite couple? Mine, or those I think of off the top of my head:

Mason and Sam – FCH b Tijan *duh, right?*
Vlad and Leila – Night Prince by Jeaniene Frost
Charles and Anna – Alpha and Omega by Patricia Briggs
Raphael and Elena – Guild Hunters by Nalini Singh
James and Bianca – Up in the Air series by RK Lilley
Jared and Tate – Bully by Penelope Douglas
James and Georgie – Gentle Rogue by Johanna Lindsey
Ember and Nik – The Rocker that Holds Me by Terri Anne Browning

Jean September 9, 2015 at 12:42 PM

That’s a tough one Tessa!

First off, I love all the couples in the Rocker series and Reed Brothers series. Then I tried to narrow it down.

Jesse and Ava – This Man series
Sebastian and Raine – Surviving Raine
Corey and Hartley – The Year We Dell Down
Rule and Shaw – Rule
Fisher and Lucy – Fisher’s Light
Jake and Nina – Jake Undone
Calder and Eden – Becoming Calder/Finding Eden
Logan and ME – the next FCH book!! Lol!!

Can you tell I’m on vacation and have time to make this list?

Tessa September 9, 2015 at 1:18 PM

Hahaha I woke up sick, so I had time to think of a list to make up. :) It was all that talk of Guild Hunter and Alpha and Omega that made me do it. I thought of Tristan and Danika, but that series still makes me cry in certain places. Barrons and Mac I didn’t choose because their relationship, though hot, still seems very uneven.

Ela September 9, 2015 at 2:02 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm! I have a problem with remembering names :(

But………….CAN’T forget Syn and Ryder
Ava and Mercy from Fearless
Charley and Reyes from Charley Davidson Series
Beh and Ehd from Transcendence
Gabriella and Dorian from Dark Light series
Kayla and Nick from The Devil’s Eyes series

Jean September 9, 2015 at 2:04 PM

Ooooo how about Katy and Daemon….Obsidian!

Jean September 9, 2015 at 2:04 PM

Hope you feel better Tessa!

Jean September 9, 2015 at 2:05 PM

Ela, yes definitely Syn and Ryder!

Ela September 9, 2015 at 2:07 PM

Yes! Feel better! We went camping this weekend and I forgot my allergy meds and it was hell!!!! So hope you feel better!

Ela September 9, 2015 at 2:09 PM

And YES Daemon and Katy!!!! Oh and Mia and Will from Sweet Thing!!!

Ela September 9, 2015 at 2:11 PM

Trinity and Gerik or Xan from The Holy Trinity Series!!!!!!!!

Tessa September 9, 2015 at 2:16 PM

Thanks. *grins* I already am.

Looking at the lists, which I’m loving, I find it interesting as to whom we adored. I love Covenant (yeah, Seth!) though I liked Katy and Daemon together more. I am waiting on the Holy Trinity to be done before having an opinion there.

If nothing else, there are a few here I haven’t read, so it also makes a good tbr list *grins*

I have to read the Dark Light series again. I honestly remember weird things, but not the whole series. I have three, but haven’t even read it yet because I’ve forgotten the rest of it.

fabi September 9, 2015 at 3:44 PM

I knew y’all would remember all of the awesomnest of couples!!!

I’m going to throw a couple of my m/m couples into the mix. We must remain PC after all. ;-)

Tate & Logan from Try !!!
Dario & Aidan from Dangerously Happy
Jason & Kale from Measure of Devotion

fabi September 9, 2015 at 3:46 PM

Ummmm…Bella & Edward anyone?

fabi September 9, 2015 at 3:47 PM

Did someone already mention Travis & Abby? Cause…come on, that’s one for the ages.

Grey September 9, 2015 at 4:06 PM

Will and Hanna from Beautiful Player…

Nora & Zach from The Siren

Running in a zillion different directions… Hope to read tonight!

Cheryl sending good back to work vibes to you , hope the new year brings in completed paperwork LOL!

Jean September 9, 2015 at 4:07 PM

Yes of course we have to include Travis and Abby! Edward and Bella….well ok why not!

Ela September 9, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Or Christian and Ana????

Tessa September 9, 2015 at 4:36 PM

See, I figure we all have different tastes as far as who the most romantic couple are. That’s what makes it fun.

Amy September 9, 2015 at 4:56 PM

Jeeeeeeeaaaaaannnnnn!!! Stop it!! I’m doing so well and not squirreling from Sweet Dreams…are ya TRYING to knock me off the wagon?? Even Maryse told me no squirreling up there, and if I do she may send her Book Dom to me and he’s probably Aiden from Courtesan and I don’t wanna get paddled ’cause my butt is already sore from a stupid amount of squats!

*hides behind Bev and points at Jean* You tell her, Bev. :P To answer your question, I’m at 26% of SD. I’m enjoying it but it’s quite a lengthy book so it feels like it is taking me a long time to read it. But all of the interrupting between characters is about to drive me crazy. At least Tate is a bossy, sexy guy. ;)

MichelleS September 9, 2015 at 4:57 PM

OMG! Trinity and Xan!!! YES!!! So glad someone else showed them some love.

Rhage and Mary
Jamie and Claire
Barrons and Mac
Ryder and Syn
Rain and Elly
Lee and Indy
Bowen and Mari
Adam and Mercy
Asher and Jean-Claude (who needs Anita?)
….. and about 50 more I can’t think of right now….

Amy September 9, 2015 at 5:05 PM

I love so many book couples that it would be tough to narrow it down, but I’ll list the first couples that popped in my head when I read that question…

1. Tristan and Danika from T&D series
2. Aiden and Alex from Covenant series
3. Z and Bella from BDB series

Tessa, glad you’re feeling better! :D Oh man, the Dark Light series…I LOVED the angst in the second book, but I really, really, REALLY didn’t like the third book. The author didn’t have to go there. :? I get it, it’s her book but still…

Amy September 9, 2015 at 5:11 PM

MichelleS! Are you just dying for the third book like I am??? And you did read the novella #2.5, didn’t you? I honestly don’t know which team I’m on…Xan has some groveling to do but I still love him, and Gerik won me back over in book 2. *sigh* That little Gerik problem though…no idea how that is going to work itself out.

fabi September 9, 2015 at 5:12 PM

Ooohhh the BDB series

Blay & Quinn :-)

MichelleS September 9, 2015 at 5:31 PM

Amy – yes, dying for book3 – actually asked her on her FB page when it was coming out! I read the Novella – and I am team Xan all the way. The Gerik “problem” took him out of the running for me. I hated Xan early on, but he can call me fata anytime! swoon….

MichelleS September 9, 2015 at 5:35 PM

Fabi – okay, you seem to have a little “theme” going on with the m/m books and they are some of your favorite couples – and you like PNR – did you ever read Scansguards Vamps series? Thomas’ Choice? Thomas was a seriously awesome character and it was so great when he finally got his own book!

fabi September 9, 2015 at 5:42 PM

No I didn’t but I’m going to go look it up right now.

fabi September 9, 2015 at 5:45 PM

Can’t find it by either of those titles. Are they a great couple?

Lisa September 9, 2015 at 5:45 PM

Linden And Steph The Pact
Remy and Kate Real
Z and Bella BDB
Eliza and Paul How to Kill a RS
Josh and Nastya SoT
Jesse and Eva This Man
Will and Mia Sweet Thing
Sydney and Ridge Maybe Someday
Layken and Will Slammed
Archer and Bree Archers Voice
And too many more……

Lisa September 9, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Yes Fabi…. Blay and Quinn best M/M couple for sure.

MichelleS September 9, 2015 at 5:58 PM

Fabi – yes, they are – but you really appreciate it at book eight because you’ve fallen in love with Thomas by this point, so if you ever have time, read them in order!

MichelleS September 9, 2015 at 6:10 PM

And Fabi, it may cause peanuts to be thrown my way (or rotten tomatoes), but I think I like Thomas and Eddie a wee little bit better than Blay and Quinn! I KNOW!!!! But if you read Scansguards Vampires you’d see that Thomas is like one of the original BDB, not some add on later…. he there from the start – and smart as a whip! He’s like “V”, kind of. And the books are so dang hot. Smokin’ hot. Just in case you want to add them to your TBR.

Anne September 9, 2015 at 6:23 PM

Derek and Sara- Dreaming of You (Lisa Kleypas)
St.Vincent and Evie- Devil in Winter (Lisa Kleypas)
Alexander and Tatiana- The Bronze Horseman (Paullina Simons)
Tom and Sarah- Bone Deep (Bonnie Dee)
Gaetan and Katherine- Dancing on Coals (Ellen O’Connell)
Hunter and Loretta- Comanche Moon (Catherine Anderson)
Will and Layken- Slammed (Colleen Hoover)
Nick and Alix- Sweet Gum Tree (Katherine Allred)

Tessa September 9, 2015 at 6:27 PM

I’m loving everyone’s thoughts on who their favorites are. :) I noticed a pattern on mine. Most are with protective (jerk type) alphas and women have to learn that they are strong, but don’t see it at first.

Tessa September 9, 2015 at 6:28 PM

Oh and they are equals. Even James and Bianca being BDSM, she’s may be submissive, but emotionally, she’s his equal.

MichelleS September 9, 2015 at 6:31 PM

Anne – of course Alexander and Tatiana! How could I forget? Epic. A whole lifetime of love. They are like a mega couple times 100. Completely and utterly meant to be together. sigh.

Jean September 9, 2015 at 6:37 PM

Sorry Amy, but yeah I think you should squirrel. Ya see, I wasn’t a big fan of Sweet Dreams…….*ducking*….and Hollywood Dirt is sooooo damn great!

I love seeing everyone’s fav couples!

Sharon September 9, 2015 at 6:49 PM

I just started Revenant by Larissa Ione, but one-clicked Hollywood Dirt. I am determined to not ditch my current read (I won’t, I mean it). I.will.not.stray.

Grey September 9, 2015 at 6:58 PM

OMG… Vishous and Doc Jane
Arsen and Cathy
Lahn and Circe!!!!

Amy September 9, 2015 at 6:58 PM

Be strong with me, Sharon!!

fabi September 9, 2015 at 7:03 PM

MichelleS, SOLD!!! squeeee meeee I’m excited about that series. Now I have two I want to read asap.

fabi September 9, 2015 at 7:23 PM

Omg MichelleS and the first one is free. Yeaa me.

Lisa September 9, 2015 at 7:27 PM

MichelleS Wait…what!! What is this Scangaurd Vampires series I know nothing of???? I don’t get it? They’re part of BDB?? How?
How do I not know about this.

Michelle September 9, 2015 at 7:44 PM

I have a couple of the Scanguards vampire books, they are good then? Haven’t tried any of them but picked them up when free.

Favorite couples that I can think of: Jaime and Claire (probably my fav or close to it), Tristan and Danika, Meredith and Matt, Lahn and Circe, Trent and Rachel, Charles and Anna, Curran and Kate, Dorian and Eugenie, Margaret and John, Jocelyn and Braden, Travis and Abby…Simon and Meg – in the future :D

Amy September 9, 2015 at 7:44 PM

“Squeeeee me”…I like that Fabi!!! New term for us!! :D

MichelleS September 9, 2015 at 7:53 PM

Lisa: nope, not part of BDB. I just compared Blay & Quinn from BDB to Thomas & Eddie from Scansgusrds. I liked their story better, and Thomas is much like V in BDB, and Fabi said Blay & Quinn were one of her favorite couples… So yeah… That’s it in a nutshell!

Fabi- you COULD just read Thomas’s story, but the journey to him finally getting his own book was so worth it. Not all of them are great, just like BDB, you have some duds.

Tessa September 9, 2015 at 8:15 PM

Oooh Simon and Meg. Totally adding that to mine too. :D Another character who is stronger than she realizes, and an alpha who protects and just admires her more as she grows.

fabi September 9, 2015 at 8:50 PM

Now I want to go READ and I’m still work. @#&%@£!!!

bev September 9, 2015 at 9:20 PM

Long long long long long day. So brain is mush and just ate ice cream for dinner, lol.
Jean. Jean. Jean. *shakes head* Jean, leave Amy alone. She’s a woman of her word.
Anne!!!! Kleypas and O’Connell. You are awesome.

bev September 9, 2015 at 9:23 PM

Ok, off the top of my mushy head.
Darcy & Elizabeth
Jane and Rochester
Anne Shirley & Gilbert Blythe
These are couples for the ages. ;-)
I have others, but pjs first.

bev September 9, 2015 at 9:29 PM

Fabi, lol. You know how you have heroines that you just can’t with. Bella was that for me. I read all the books but *grrrr* that girl drove me nuts!!! And then the last book? Totally reminds me of the anita Blake books in that the author broke all her own rules of the world and it turned into wish fulfillment/ special snowflake.
Hmm ok those books still get a reaction, lol . My friend and I sorta buddy read them and we’d be on the phone ranting.
BTW. Stop working so hard. Go home put on pjs and get out that wine. Read or watch Warrior. You know, whatever.

Tessa September 9, 2015 at 10:08 PM

Fabi, Wow, so much swearing she even used a pound sign.

Finished Best Laid Plans. *collapses* Definitely good. CH at the end, yep. Not a OMG, What… the end type. More of a … knew that’d happen. Now, onto the next book. Also, tons of excitement, sexy times, lots of anger, so… good. :D

Tessa September 9, 2015 at 10:12 PM

Bev. St.Vincent and Evie didn’t make your list? 0.0

bev September 9, 2015 at 10:36 PM

Tessa, I know I’m missing bunches but these are the others that came to mind.
Avon & Leonie from These Old Shades. Love these two.
Bobby Tom and Gracie from Heaven, Texas.
Hero and Sebastian from the St. Cry mystery series.
Mercy and Adam from Mercy Thompson series.
Agree about Lee and Indy from Rock Chick, great couple to start a series with.
Simon and Meg from WiR. Potentially. Maybe??
Park and Eleanor from E&P. Makes my heart hurt.
Anne and Cord from Eyes of Silver Eyes of Gold.
Absolutely agree with Sebastian & Evie and Derek and Sara. But I’ll name a third that doesn’t get as much love.
Leo and Cat from Married by Morning.
Tessa i was just reading parts of Devil in Winter over again for 30th time yesterday. I didn’t know you’d read it!!

bev September 9, 2015 at 10:44 PM

Fabi, i know you hate spoilers so only if you are caught up on Arrow. I’m always behind. I love the way he smiles at her when she babbles.

Tessa September 9, 2015 at 10:50 PM

*puts her hands on her hips* Do you know how many years ago I read it? *grins* I had a paperback version. It was in my pile of Lisa Kleypas books on my shelf.

Now you know why I say, I wish I had all my old paperback books I lost. I could read a few pages and basically remember everything then.

Tessa September 9, 2015 at 11:07 PM

See. After that montage to Arrow, I want to watch the show. So, I need to watch 5 episodes of Once Upon a Time and three seasons of Arrow?

fabi September 9, 2015 at 11:11 PM

Lol Bev, you had ice cream for dinner, I had wine. *forehead palming a “shoulda had a V8″ moment”. I want ice cream now.

Keep reminding me and one of these nights I’ll make my daughter sit down with me to watch Warrior. She just finished the entire Rocky series again. :-) I think she likes watching TV as much as I like reading books.

I’m not caught up on Arrow because I’m watching it on Netflix and last I checked they didn’t have a new season up yet.

OK, finally in bed now. Maybe I’ll get to read a tiny bit before I pass out. At least I have one of my kitties with me. I lost my oldest one a few days ago, she didnt make it after surgery, and I just can’t seem to get enough of snuggling with the two left at home right now.

‘Night everyone. Sweet dreams.

bev September 9, 2015 at 11:30 PM

Oh, Fabi, I am sorry to hear that. Its so hard losing a pet. Lost one last year, 15.
Arrow has three seasons done.
Adrian!! That first one is just perfect. Love how he is so into her and she is so very shy. Can not and probably will not watch the last Rocky.

bev September 9, 2015 at 11:32 PM

Tessa, its a good show. Love the slow burn romance, it could even go slower for me. She has no filter and super smart. And he is all broken. Like i said love when she babbles and he smiles at her.

Anne September 9, 2015 at 11:34 PM

MichelleS I agree 100%! Their love story is so epic!

How could I forget about Lahn and Circe?? Favorite fantasy couple!

Don’t know what to read guys. I finished HD yesterday and haven’t picked another book yet.

Anne September 9, 2015 at 11:38 PM

Fabi so sorry about your kittie :( I lost my Golden Retriever on February and I still miss him. Pets should live longer.

Bev I need to catch up on Arrow. I’ve only seen 3-4 episodes from Season 1. Oliver is so hot though! That body! Yum!

Tessa you need to catch up on Once Upon a Time! The new season starts Sept 27. Can’t wait to see the dark Swan :D

Amy September 10, 2015 at 12:16 AM

Oh Fabi, I’m so sorry. *big snuggly hug* Losing a pet is just awful. :(

Hey, did anyone watch The Leftovers? THAT one is crazy good, and the second season is coming up soon. It follows certain people, families and groups after something like 2% or 3% of people in the world just disappear, and boy do things get wild. Not like wild because there is no law and order but just wild due to everyone trying to cope with it all. What I love is that the writers don’t try to explain the disappearances but rather focus on the aftermath. The last episode had me crying because it was just so wrong what one group did. They didn’t kill anyone or anything, they were just so damn heartless. Seriously guys, that show and The Affair are GREAT!!!!!!

*sigh* Okay, back to Tate…it isn’t dragging by any means, it just seems like I read and read and read and then read some more and then realize I have only read 10%. *scratches head*

Jennifer September 10, 2015 at 12:40 AM

Shout out for The End Game! Love female soccer player books…great so far. A bit of familiar territory if you’ve read the Tille Cole book Sweet Rome but still very good.

Sharon September 10, 2015 at 5:45 AM

Amy, I a, teetering over the edge. I don’t know if I can wait to start Hollywood Dirt. It’s taunting me on my Kindle!!!!!!

bev September 10, 2015 at 7:34 AM

Amy, isn’t that show based on a book?

MichelleS September 10, 2015 at 7:50 AM

First line Thursday:

“To My Dearest, with mere words, how do I tell you about the destruction of everything in my young life – all that I loved and lived for?” The Syrian Virgin, by Zack Love.

I admit, I have actually moved on to the second (and final) book that wraps up Anissa’s story, called Anissa’s Redemption. I just HAD to know what happened.

(I accidentally posted this on an older thread, so if you are seeing it twice, you are not wrong!).

Tessa September 10, 2015 at 9:15 AM

Oh Fabi! *huggles* I’m sorry about your kitty. It’s always hard when we lose them.
After I watch the rest of OUAT, I’ll look into Arrow. Romance like that is something I think we all love. I
went to sleep early last night, so maybe I’ll pic today’s book by it’s first line. That’s right, cheating just to get a decent first line. :P

Tessa September 10, 2015 at 9:37 AM

Alright, found something.

“Felicia Miller was crying in the bathroom. Again”
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

I found a book that had a better first line, but I wasn’t in the mood. This one at least caught my curiosity, though.

Ela September 10, 2015 at 9:39 AM

MichelleS and Amy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TEAM GERIK ALL THE WAY!!!!!! I don’t care about his “little/big” problem!!!!!!!!!!!! HE WILL FIND A WAY TO HIS SOUL MATE DAMMIT!!!!!!!!! FATA XAN CAN GO F**K HIS WAY THROUGH ANOTHER CAMP THE BASTARD! Of course you know who I picture as Xan???? Jason Momoa….*swoon* so I might *pinches fingers* eventually switch BUT ONLY IF GERIK you know YOU KNOW….

Ela September 10, 2015 at 9:46 AM

Back to the couples, did anyone mention Rose and Dimitry from Vampire academy????? Just loved them!

Ela September 10, 2015 at 9:48 AM

“I wondered if the vibration would feel good between my legs.” Cocky Bastard by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland :)

Tessa September 10, 2015 at 10:12 AM

Rofl love that first line. I totally forgot about Rose and Dimitry. They were awesome.

Jean September 10, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Fabi, sorry for your loss. Pets become such a part of the family, it’s hard to lose them.

My first line is same as Ela…starting Cocky Bastard today! Hope it can live up to Hollywood Dirt which I LOVED!!!!!

Ela September 10, 2015 at 10:54 AM

I’m not setting my expectations that high Jean so then I don’t feel like I wasted my time.

Michelle September 10, 2015 at 11:04 AM

Aw Fabi I’m sorry about your kitty. Do you mind me asking what surgery she was having? Anne, sorry about your Golden too :( Pets are never with us as long as we want, but that bond lasts forever.

Michelle September 10, 2015 at 11:08 AM

“Simon and Meg from WiR. Potentially. Maybe??”…NO, it’s happening…slowly but IT’S happening…and when it does I will probably hyperventilate and pass out! Plus, they are already a couple and do not even know it yet!

Tessa September 10, 2015 at 11:13 AM

Yes! They are a couple! They are just clueless, that’s all.

Amy September 10, 2015 at 11:24 AM

Bev…I just checked, and it *is* based on a book. Unfortunately the book only has an average of 3 stars with 725 reviews, but the show seemed to do pretty well, enough so that there will be a second season.

LOL ELA!!!! Gah, the end of book 2 broke my heart. That whole mind link and how she knew what his thoughts were, even when he was…you know…oh, my heart. Jason Mamoa is just… *fans self* But didn’t Xan have blond dreads? I’m cringing thinking of JM with blond dreads. *snort*

Amy September 10, 2015 at 11:27 AM

First line Thursday…

“I sat in my parked car outside the bar.” ~ Sweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley

Yep, still working on it. *covers Jean’s mouth* Shhh! Don’t say it. Just…don’t. Guuuuuuyyyyys…I’m enjoying it but WHY is it taking me so long to read it??

fabi September 10, 2015 at 11:33 AM

With that teasing first line, I now want to start Cocky Bastard. Man, I’m all over the place.

Michelle, my kitty Patches (a calico -lol) was diagnosed with diabetes just a few months ago. We just got her blood sugar levels where they needed to be when all of a sudden one morning she seemed to be in distress. Hiding, breathing abnormally, cried when picked up. So we rushed her to the Vet’s office and, after ruling out just about everything else, an xray revealed her liver moved into her diaphragm. Emergency surgery, torn diaphragm, hernia, liver out of place. All pointing to severe physical trauma. She made it through the surgery but a few hours later, when they took her off oxygen, she went into respiratory distress again. Within 15 minutes or so she had a seizure and passed away. Now, here’s the crazy thing…she was not only an exclusively indoor cat, she pretty much stayed in the master bedroom area and never climbed anywhere higher than the bed. The area is gated off to the dogs. So…where did the trauma come from? The Vet said it could have been old trauma that just now caused problems. But it would have had to be years old because those have been her habits for 3-4 years now. Anyways, I wasn’t expecting to lose her so soon. She was barely 9 years old. I’ve had her since she was 3 weeks old (a rescue kitty from an abandoned litter).

fabi September 10, 2015 at 11:36 AM

Amy, and guys, the more I hear about KA books, the less I want to read them. :-(

Amy September 10, 2015 at 11:50 AM

Fabi, I’m sitting hear teary-eyed and sniffling. Your poor kitty. I wish I could hug you in real life. I remember you mentioned your diabetic kitty not too long ago when we were talking about cats and diabetes. RIP sweet kitty.

As to KA books, I LOVED and devoured her Fantasyland series (especially Golden Dynasty!!) but this is the first time I’ve read one of her CR books. I dunno, maybe I’m just not in the right frame of mind for it right now? It really is good and Tate is a crazy-hot alpha male that I’m loving, but I just feel like I’m reading and reading and not really making progress. That’s why I think it’s just me. :?

Ela September 10, 2015 at 12:04 PM

fabi!!!!!!!!!!! :( so sorry! That’s horrible!

Ela September 10, 2015 at 12:09 PM

AMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE END OF BOOK 2 I HAD HEART PALPITATIONS AND KEPT ROCKING BACK AND FORTH SAYING NO NO NO NON NONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JUST NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if Xan was described with blond dreds then I ignored that description and just automatically pictured Jason *yum*! Now my heart is hurting all over again *gahhhhh* GERIK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t think it’s just you with the Sweet Dreams book, it just takes a bit longer to get into it and I blame KA’s very descriptive writing on that… offense KA but I really don’t care about them curtains and plush carpeting and their color, fabric, style, wash, positioning, etc.

Jean September 10, 2015 at 12:34 PM

Amy you know I can’t keep quiet! It’s not just you…..some KA books are just tough to get through…..too long and somtimes too much detail! Now, Hollywood Dirt….that was pure perfection! Just sayin’…

Maryse September 10, 2015 at 12:38 PM

PURE PERFECTION!!! YES!!! I have to write that review ASAP!!!!! Like now.

Maryse September 10, 2015 at 12:40 PM

Well Amy I get that… her books are long, and THAT one was the first one I had ever read by her and so it was pure lengthy alpha male ecstasy for me. That was back in the day where these books were few and far between, let’s just say. ;)

Maryse September 10, 2015 at 12:42 PM

*hugging Fabi*

I have such a hard time reading any sad-animal posts ’cause it makes me cry each and every time. I went through it a few months ago with my sweet Pixel. She just turned 15 in December and I had to put her to sleep in January, she was in so much pain and so confused. She was my best friend, and I feel you, Fabi. I too, had her from a baby, and loved her with all of my heart.

Maryse September 10, 2015 at 12:45 PM

Amy, Jean, Ela, MichelleS and all of my angsty married couple-divorce book lovers… look at this one!!! Seriously. I feel like reading it now. It’s only coming out in a week or 2 but I have an early copy and I think I must.

fabi September 10, 2015 at 1:07 PM

Thanks guys. Sorry about posting the details. It’s only that Michelle asked what kind of surgery and I wanted to explain to her. Thanks for the hugs and wishes. Much appreciated. I lost my oldest dog last summer and now my oldest cat. It is so sad that we outlive them so many years. It becomes part of being a pet owner sadly.

I still don’t have my first line Thursday because I still have to get back to that author about the arc that I simply can’t read. I haven’t found the words yet. Then I have to glance back over another one for a few typos I happened to see. Soooo, I haven’t started a new read yet. :-(

Ela September 10, 2015 at 1:35 PM

Maryse! That sounds great! I hope there’s cheating :)

Maryse September 10, 2015 at 1:52 PM

LOL Ela!!!!!! :P

Young September 10, 2015 at 2:32 PM

Always Been Mine (The Moreno Brothers) is free right now!

Anne September 10, 2015 at 2:35 PM

Still don’t know what to read! Help lol!

Anne September 10, 2015 at 2:37 PM

I didn’t know Grayson’s Vow by Mia Sheridan went live!! Yaay! That’s my next read!

Ela September 10, 2015 at 2:43 PM

Paper Hearts by Claire Contreras also went live and Sexy by J.A. Huss!

Amy September 10, 2015 at 2:55 PM

Omg Ela… *snorrrrrrt* Only here… *shakes head* Only here. :P

Maybe that is what it is, Maryse and Ela. I’ve read so many books with alpha males that I need something now with a moderate pace that is neither too fast nor too slow (yeah, just waiting for the the comebacks to that comment *snort*). And I think the descriptions are great but DO seem to slow things down a bit. Maybe I’m just a bit too impatient right now as well because I haven’t had a nice angst-induced adrenaline rush for a while!

Okay, now to check out that link…

Amy September 10, 2015 at 3:11 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!! On September 22 it’s MINE!!!!!! :D

Ela September 10, 2015 at 3:22 PM

*snort* *giggle* *snort*

*still rocking back and forth screaming silently for Gerik* :(

Jean September 10, 2015 at 3:40 PM

Grayson’s Vow! Ah man, wish I didn’t start Cocky Bastard already (although I’m really liking it)…..GV next without a doubt!

Anne September 10, 2015 at 3:53 PM

Jean I really liked CB!! Its gets angsty at 35% but it was really good.

First line Thursday: “In a long history of bad days, this one was at the top of the list.”- Grayson’s Vow by Mia Sheridan (yaay)

Grey September 10, 2015 at 4:28 PM

Awww Fabi *bug huge super cuddly hugs*… I love my dog more than most than I like most people, so I am so sorry for your loss.

For everyone who’s ever wanted to tear it all down…
…and leave it all behind.

First line Thursday from The Lost: A Crow City Novel by Cole McCade

bev September 10, 2015 at 4:31 PM

Haven’t caught up on all the comments but wanted to chime in on KA.
Fabi, i can be nit picky with her but she is a one click. She has a large back log of books so some are hits and some misses. And her writing is not fir all. She has quirks. I like long books and for the most part her descriptions do not bother me. I like knowing what people look like and the homes. Id like it if she changed her pacing and I’m to the point I can guess where she is going with the story. How and when things will resolve. BUT, I’ve read almost all her books so you know you get to know their quirks.
I’ve said before what I like her to change, in future books. But what I love.
All age ranges. That people can change there lives and realize dreams at any time. Sweet Dreams does this with both h &H. She can be hilarious. I want to be friends with a lot of her characters. Her secondary characters POP! She is great at writing all friendships. Friendships between women, between men, between men and women. She does families well. Especially children and teens. And now I know infants.
All alpha men and sometimes jerk faces. I would not rec Golden Dynasty for you to start with, at all.
I’d maybe say Rock Chick, fast and fun. Or Tab and Shy’s story. Younger MCs but spin off.

fabi September 10, 2015 at 4:31 PM

Thanks Grey.

Awww you’re reading The Lost. Let me know what you think of it when you’re done. I’m not entirely sure how I felt about it.

bev September 10, 2015 at 4:36 PM

Fabi, it was my oldest dog I lost last summer too. He was fifteen and larger size so good long life for him. But he was my baby. It is hard and that story sound like vvery difficult time. :-(

Jean September 10, 2015 at 4:37 PM

I am really loving CB Anne, but also jealous that you started GV! Keep me updated!

fabi September 10, 2015 at 4:40 PM

Bev, I’ve read KA’s Golden Dynasty and Sweet Dreams. I have Knight in my tbr but haven’t gotten to it yet.

MichelleS September 10, 2015 at 4:51 PM

Fabi – so sorry about your kitty. I lost my 10 year old Chihuahua almost exactly a year ago; he went downhill just as fast, and they never really could explain it. I thought he was too young too. Big hug!

Ela and Amy – I don’t remember him being described as having blonde dreads! I was picturing a Gypsy dude – so definitely tall dark and handsome. I didn’t picture Jason Momoa, but he’s one of the hottest men on the planet, so I’m good with that visual. Oh Ela…. come on…. admit it! Xan is the man. I was not team Xan at first, but after two books and the novella, I am so there.

Amy – you still hangin’ in there with Tate an Sweet Dreams? If you are distracted, that is NOT the book to be reading.

Maryse – the married couple in trouble books always scare me a little. I am happily married for 25 years and I don’t even want to THINK that this can happen. Living in a bubble and want to stay here!

bev September 10, 2015 at 5:09 PM

Whoa whoa whoa. Back this train up. Fabi when did you read Sweet Dreams?!!?

bev September 10, 2015 at 5:19 PM

I have three first lines right now. Yeah, I’m reading three different books. Don’t judge.

Line 1.
“Emma Tremayne felt their stares like slaps on bare skin.”–The Passions of Emma by Penelope Williams
Line 2.
“I am a coward.” –Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein.
Line 3.
“It weren’t no secret Pa owned the best plot of land ‘long Granite Creek, and I reckon that’s why they killed him.” —-Vengeance Road by Rein Bowman.

bev September 10, 2015 at 5:21 PM

Rein should be Erin.
That’s an interesting auto correct.

Amy September 10, 2015 at 5:23 PM

Okay, the whole Xan hair thing was driving me crazy so I looked it up…I was wrong about Xan’s hair color. *Gerik* had blonde hair that Trin would braid for him, and Xan did have dreads but I couldn’t find where it said the color of his hair. Given his description of olive skin, I can assume it was dark. You know what though? It’s been so long that I totally forgot about the Treime and Emilian story from the past and how it ties in with the present-day story. *sigh* I’m going to have to skim and refresh my memory…

And yeah, I’m still reading Sweet Dreams…but I do seem to be getting pretty distracted today, right? Slow work day and chores are finished, but I have hardly read at all. *snort*

Amy September 10, 2015 at 5:30 PM

I just read the blurb for Code Name Verity, and it sounds GOOD! Bev, keep us updated ’cause that one has my interest piqued.

And MichelleS…I completely get what you are saying about the married couple in trouble books. My thing is that those sort of books give me the emotional punch I crave but leave me feeling grateful for the marriage I have, ya know?

Jean September 10, 2015 at 6:16 PM

I just had the hottest waiter! And he had a manbun! Lol!

Amy September 10, 2015 at 6:27 PM

I like you on vacation, Jean. ;)

Anne September 10, 2015 at 6:27 PM

Jean you are so lucky! I am single and no hot waiters for me :/ lol And yes I’ll keep you posted on GV ;)

Jean September 10, 2015 at 6:57 PM

I like me on vacation too! Lol!

Michelle September 10, 2015 at 7:26 PM

Oh no I started a sad burst of posts sorry! Fabi, hernias through the diaphragm are mostly trauma based, some congenital. I’ve read of cases where there is an underlying cause that weakens the muscles such as cancer but really trauma is the culprit behind the vast majority of them. What your vet said would be the most likely guess with gradual weakening of the diaphragm over time. That’s a rough string of health issues to bounce back from for any kitty :(

Ok no more sadness, I see enough of that everyday which is why I like escaping into a book to take a break. Still working on Dragon Marked but I like it a lot and will be reading book 2 for sure.

Ela and Amy what book are you talking about with someone named Gerik?

MichelleS September 10, 2015 at 7:46 PM

Michelle – Gerick is in The Holy Trinity series by M. Sheehan that we all three loved like crazy. It’s post-apocalyptic PNR crazy nothing else like it with gypsies and zombies. It was awesome!!! I’m team Xan, but apparently Ela is team Gerik and Amy is waffling. Yes, there’s a love triangle too. Tell me you read this????

MichelleS September 10, 2015 at 7:47 PM

Michelle – the fist one the Soulmate is FREE!!!!! grab it! seriously

Michelle September 10, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Oohhh The Holy Trinity series that you all have talked about. I have the first book on my kindle already and seriously why haven’t I read it?! Ok no more wondering for me, it’s next…should I just buy the second book now lol

bev September 10, 2015 at 8:00 PM

MichelleS, how likable are the characters?
Not that every book has to have likable characters, but you know.

Amy September 10, 2015 at 8:05 PM

Yes!! Read it, read it, read it!!!!!! MichelleS described it perfectly. And just go ahead and buy the second book and the novella RIGHT NOW ’cause you are going to want them right away. Both Gerik and Xan have done some d!ckish things but both have attempted to redeem themselves (for the most part) which is why I am waffling. But the end of book 2…oh, my heart!

Michelle September 10, 2015 at 8:16 PM

Oh no is this going to be another Until the End of the World?! Book 2 and I will be crushed?

Amy September 10, 2015 at 8:20 PM

Same for you Bev…read it, read it, read it!!!!!! Although MichelleS would probably be better at telling you if the characters would be tolerable for you…I seem to have a higher tolerance for characters that others don’t care for. :P

Ooh! Back to Jean’s talk of a hot guy…not too long ago I had to take my friend to have a procedure done as she couldn’t drive after because she took a Valium for the procedure. So, we’re waiting for the elevator when two REALLY good-looking guys come up to the elevator and ask if we’re going down…my friend said in all her doped-up glory, “Do you want me to?” LOL!!!!!!!

Jean September 10, 2015 at 8:21 PM

I haven’t read the Holy Trinity Series either and have it downloaded. I have the same question as Michelle….another heartbreak like UTEOTW? (I have to say Peter will forever hold a special place in my heart from that series, So Long Lollipops is me favorite part of the story!)

Amy September 10, 2015 at 8:21 PM

No, don’t worry Michelle…you won’t be crushed like that or in that way. Promise!! :D

Tessa September 10, 2015 at 8:22 PM

Michelle, I adored the Holy Trinity series. I get forgetful of stuff, due to it’s been about two or three years since I’ve read it.

Hex Hall was good. I want the second book, Demonglass. However that’s a library set so, oh well. Next Thursday first line!

‘I walk off the Soccer Field at North Field Oval.’
End Game by Kate McCarthy

I know. *sighs* I had a decent one to start at least. That counts, right?

Amy September 10, 2015 at 8:28 PM

You don’t have to worry either, Jean. ;)

Yes…Peter has a special spot in my heart. And Adrian. And Dan.

Be careful of your reaction…we don’t want to spoil anything! That all needs to be experienced with no spoilers, am I right? ;)

Jean September 10, 2015 at 8:30 PM

Blahahaha Amy! That is hysterical! Seriously, the waiter tonight was not just hot but good personality and great service, made dinner that much better!

Michelle September 10, 2015 at 8:34 PM

Whew ok no sledgehammer to the heart! Jean and Bev come on read this craziness with me!

Hex Hall…I’m sorry but I read them all and book 1 was the best book and then the series collapses. Big disappointment for me since it had a lot of potential.

Jean September 10, 2015 at 8:38 PM

Absolutely right;) Will never forget that series.

Jean September 10, 2015 at 8:39 PM

I want to read it Michelle, but reading Cocky Bastard right now and then Grayson’s Vow is definitely next……

bev September 10, 2015 at 8:40 PM

So is that who gets it? Lol.

Jean, did your husband like the experience too? ;-)

Tessa September 10, 2015 at 8:41 PM

Ah, bummer. Book one was good though. That figures. Still, you have to read Holy Trinity. I just remember really liking them, and some of the spoiler stuff that kept me on my seat.

Michelle September 10, 2015 at 8:47 PM

I will report back then on my solo journey into gypsies and zombies…and bears…

Tessa, I feel bad but I just remember being mad because I kept going after book 2 thinking it was the typical filler book in a trilogy and it never bounced back. Not horrible, just disappointing again after book 1.

Jean September 10, 2015 at 8:57 PM

Bev, I know he enjoyed his meal and liked the service. As far as the hotness, I didn’t ask! But I enjoyed it! Haha!

bev September 10, 2015 at 9:00 PM

Michelle, usually would br. Sounds like a good shake up book. But already reading 3 books right now. Very slowly, lol.
Not as slowly as Maryse is reading FCH. ;-)

Jean September 10, 2015 at 9:01 PM

Cocky Bastard quote just now had me laughing. He says “Relax I’m teasing. Do I look like an underwear sniffer to you?” This book is good!

Tessa September 10, 2015 at 9:17 PM

“Not as slowly as Maryse is reading FCH” You think she’s really still reading it? She got detoured by Hollywood Dirt. Oooh, she never told us what she thinks of Princess Bride.

Tessa September 10, 2015 at 9:18 PM

Michelle, I’ll go into the next one knowing that. It’s too bad because the first was really an unexpected good.

Anne September 10, 2015 at 9:29 PM

Amy LMAO! I can totally picture something like that happening on one of our books. Lol!

bev September 10, 2015 at 9:51 PM

Hmmm. She’s being sweet. Trying to think how to tell us we have bad taste, lol.

bev September 10, 2015 at 9:56 PM

I mean we did think think this was a good romantic interest, lol. Seriously how inappropriate is this.

bev September 10, 2015 at 9:57 PM

Whoa, what just happened there. Sorry bout that. Lol.

Tessa September 10, 2015 at 10:18 PM

I was about to ask the same thing. Wow, it went nuts on you, huh? And I agree. She thinks we have bad taste. :P

bev September 10, 2015 at 10:30 PM
bev September 10, 2015 at 10:35 PM
Tessa September 10, 2015 at 10:57 PM

Jared the Goblin King was so romantic to a kid! No being mean to the Goblin King!

Cheryl September 10, 2015 at 11:37 PM

Grey- thanks for the well wishes regarding start of the school year paperwork; so far so good!!

Fabi, so sorry to hear about your cat.

Amy, I’ve read Sweet Dreams and Hollywood Dirt. I wasn’t a big fan of SD, so I vote squirrel to HD!! ;)

Niki September 10, 2015 at 11:42 PM

I haven’t read The Holy Trinity Series either; I will have to check it out…I think I might have the first one!!

I read Hollywood Dirt and really liked it!! Also read The End Game but found myself skimming the last half and not liking the direction it went.. oh well on to the next one!

Lisa September 11, 2015 at 1:25 AM

Spent the last few days getting to know Cold Fury Hockey players. Thank you Sawyer Bennett. And in the interest of good International relations I thought I should now share some Australian Rules Football hotness with you…..

LaurenB September 11, 2015 at 5:13 AM

So I’ve just finished reading Throne of Glass and really enjoyed it! Heard it just gets better and better :)
Was just wondering if anyone has read the series and the novellas to go with it? Not sure whether to read them before I start book 2? Anyone know what order is best? X

fabi September 11, 2015 at 6:43 AM

Bev, I must have read SD early last year because I have it on Nook. MichelleS loaned me GD.

I’m pretty sure I’ve read Holy Trinity too but I’d have to go dig to make sure.

Still not reading anything new.

Cheryl September 11, 2015 at 7:12 AM

Nikki- good to know about the End Game, was thinking of reading it soon.

Tessa, are you still reading EG?

Amy, that is hilarious. What was the guys response??

Just took my 8year old dog to the Vet. Found has a heart murmur. No symptoms. Now have to decide if getting an Echocardiogram. :(

MichelleS September 11, 2015 at 7:46 AM

Michelle: “I will report back then on my solo journey into gypsies and zombies…and bears…” – you have NO IDEA what you are getting yourself into. There is literally nothing out there like it. have no clue what to compare it to. Please be team Xan. Please be team Xan. If you were once team Ranger instead of Joe, or team Kade instead of Blair – then you’ll see why I chose Xan. Can’t WAIT to hear if you like it.

Michelle September 11, 2015 at 8:51 AM

Ok you have me really excited to start it. I was definitely team Ranger and Kade…I think I always pick that kind of guy actually so Xan here I come :D Oh and did you see this:

Michelle September 11, 2015 at 8:55 AM

Forgot to tell you too MichelleS that I enjoyed Lord of the Isles last week. Always looking for a good time travel while I wait for the next Outlander book.

Ela September 11, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Ok Ok OK….Let’s not belittle my poor “little/big” guy! I have nothing against Xan but let’s be real, soul mates are soul mates!

Tessa September 11, 2015 at 9:24 AM

Cheryl, yep. Still reading it. I’m not even half way through yet, though. So far, cute. :D

LaurenB, I’ve read the series, but I have yet to read the novellas. I can tell you they reference it, but I think if I had, a few things might have had more impact. As it is, knowing what I know, gah, my heart is gonna ache a little when I finally do. Though, yes, it keeps getting better and better. *grins*

Maryse September 11, 2015 at 10:12 AM

*sucks lips into mouth* My lips are sealed about The Princess Bride. My opinion is … not necessary. LOL!!! Maybe I’m broken? EVERYONE and I mean EVERY ONE (even GUYS) love the Princess Bride like an all-time favorite to watch over and over again…

Maryse September 11, 2015 at 10:13 AM

*snort* bev.

But but but!!!!!

Back to FCH…

Tessa September 11, 2015 at 10:28 AM

Maryse, it’s totally fine you don’t like Princess Bride. :P At least you can say you saw it and won’t be asked to anymore. :D

Back to FCH, huh? After a 5 star? *hides eyes*

Maryse September 11, 2015 at 10:37 AM

LOL on your friend’s doped-up glory, Amy!!! *snort* :P

Maryse September 11, 2015 at 10:54 AM

Oh did someone *ahem* the fabulous Fabi, just announce me and my book-boyfriend? Travis and Maryse (*squeeee meeeee* <— I love that fabi!!)…er I mean… Abby. *grumbles*

YES!!! The ultimate book couple for sure. And Zsadist and Bella. Edward and Bella. Kiera and Kellan.

Michelle September 11, 2015 at 11:07 AM

@20% and do I have to really pick because Gerik and Xan are both HOT! But yes initially I’m already drawn to Xan…bad boy and the underdog may be a lethal combo for me. Whew my day off may be spent gobbling this up! Clicking book 2…

Ela September 11, 2015 at 12:25 PM

Michelle!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Don’t let him suck you in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wait for book 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REMEMBER SOUL MATES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheryl September 11, 2015 at 12:36 PM

Don’t forget Jamie and Claire!! *sigh*

LaurenB September 11, 2015 at 12:46 PM

Thanks Tessa :) started book 2 so think I’m going to finish that and maybe read the novellas. I want to know more about Sam and I’m guessing the novellas will give me a bit more Intel about her story before she ended up in the salt mines? Hoping so anyways :) this series is just what I need right now, I’m fully in!

Also can anyone tell me when the next WiR is out? I’m pining for a bit of Meg and Simon

Niki September 11, 2015 at 1:27 PM

I stayed up till 4 am reading the first in Holy Trinity…Why have I not read this till now??!?!?!?! So good!!!! I am leaning towards Xan right now because of the other guys a**holey actions!! Garr!! Loving it!!!

Do you guys know when the last book will be out??

Niki September 11, 2015 at 1:29 PM

LaurenB… not till March :( so you have to do the next best thing and reread!!!

Amy September 11, 2015 at 2:06 PM

Cheryl…the guys’ responses were hilarious! The one she said it to turned bright red and his eyes were huge, and the other guy busted out laughing. My friend just started cackling…yes, cackling. I, of course, was a perfect lady and snorted. Loudly. They were at least a good 10 years younger than us which made it even more funny.

Michelle and Niki…I’m so happy you are reading the Holy Trinity series!!!! Yep, I was anti-Gerik through most of book one and into the beginning of book 2, but then *ahem* something started happening and by the end I was heartbroken. Like I said, Xan and Gerik both did their share of a$$hattedness stuff but they both were beginning to redeem themselves as well so I. Am. Torn.

Tessa September 11, 2015 at 2:20 PM

Niki, I wish I knew when the last book was coming out. Hopefully, all this love will inspire the author to read it. :D

Ela September 11, 2015 at 2:52 PM

As per Maryse’s update on the Friday posts, My Heart and Soul is to release some time early 2016???

Michelle September 11, 2015 at 4:12 PM

Ela haha I’m not completely sucked in but just finished book 1 and have no idea what I just read but going to book 2 anyway!

Niki, if I started it last night, I would have been up forever too! I just spent my day off when I needed to be productive reading but oh well right :)

Hec September 13, 2015 at 5:06 PM