Monday Book Releases (eleven exciting-looking earlybirds!)

by Maryse on October 20, 2014 · 79 comments

A few highly anticipated Sunday/Monday surprises have shown up on Amazon, so I thought I’d post them here. :D Two of ‘em are follow ups to books I LOVED like CRAZY, one of ‘em is the conclusion to a series I’m dying to start (some say “Barrons-like feel to him) <— *squeeee* and a few just look plain ol’ awesome!

Considering their predecessors are just SO popular amongst our reading crew, I couldn’t wait until tomorrow to let y’all know, so this is an “earlybird release special”. ;)

JUST RELEASED!!

And a couple of SUPER-SURPRISES!
  • Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan <— Oldie but goodie SUPER-SALE ALERT! THIS ONE is one of my absolute FAVORITE gritty, angst, raw biker books!!! :D I could NOT believe my eyes when I read fit, and loved every moment (and loved hating many of those moments, too). The pining and the slow burn, and the need to pitch my Kindle across the room… it’s ALL THERE!! I 4.5 starred it way back when, and I’m still 100% on that rating. Maybe even 5 stars. Here’s my review. One of the BEST biker series out there and I love EVERY book I’ve so far: Undeniable Series Reading Order)
  • Pull (Part Two of Push) by Claire Wallis <— ON PRE-ORDER on Amazon!! *squeeeeee!!!* OMG I just LOVED book #1 with it’s dark romance, and all of it’s delicious twisty-turny stuff. And then that ending!?? *gasp* *whoooooo!!!* Finally relief is on it’s way! YAY ME!!! ’Cause I LOVEDDDDD PUSH (<— my review)!!!

Sherry D October 20, 2014 at 9:02 AM

So I should read Push, ONLY when I have Pull on my Kindle so I DON’T have to wait ;)

Maryse October 20, 2014 at 9:08 AM

LOL!!! Well I don’t actually hate cliffhangers (if done well), especially if I know the sequel is on the way really soon.

This particular story was well worth the exciting cliffhanger. ;)

bev October 20, 2014 at 9:29 AM

This makes me so happy. I loved Painted Faces and did not want to let it go. I will happily revisit. Now do I dive right in or save it? I’m thinking save as it might make a great weekend read.
Also, one clicked The King and Dirty. Just too good of a deal and they sound like fun.

Fabi October 20, 2014 at 9:40 AM

There are so many on this list I want! Maryse you’re awesome. King’s 3 is out. Woohoo. Awesome scary Barron(ess) feel to that series. Several others here also that will be one clicks for me. Sqeeee (or umm, er darn it, my tbr is again bursting at the seems and Mr. Dom just peeked around the corner at me)

Off to work…to be a good girl. At least until tonight’s readind time.

Tessa October 20, 2014 at 9:57 AM

King 3! *squee!*

Melissa W October 20, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Vicki Green released her new book The Loss today! I added the link below.

I have read it and I absolutely loved it!!
Two best friends growing up, both have feelings for one another but doesn’t tell the other person. They are hit with a tragic event and drift apart. Fast forward 5 years to their reunion. Neither has seen or spoken to each other in years…..how will it be seeing each other again? You’ll have to read it to find out!

Amy October 20, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Push has been mentioned several times over the last few days…what am I missing out on?

Tracey October 20, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Finished King of Me and it is a easy 5 star read, if you have read the first couple of books there is a twist in it which made me squee in delight :) Now off to start Killer Queen: A Painted Faces Novel ive re read Painted faces on a few occasions now ( its one of my go to books when im in a book slump) so my kindle fingers are a twitching:)

Fabi October 20, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Tracey, already finished King. Wow. Can’t wait to get to it.

Amy, Push is a total mind f@!k. I think you’re missing out if you don’t read it. Just beware of the ch. I know you don’t like those. (I don’t either, and that book has been messing with my head since I read it)

Toni October 20, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Just one-clicked the first of the King series and it was a whole $0.00! Don’t know if it was just special for me, LOL, or if it is on sale …

Cheryl October 20, 2014 at 2:49 PM

I think I’ll start Push after Pull is released. Definitely NOT a fan of the ch!!

Jean October 20, 2014 at 4:16 PM

I am excited about Stay!! Also, I started Push today and I’m like”What the..?” Not sure what to expect…

Fabi October 20, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Jean, can’t wait to hear what you think of Push.

Jean October 20, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Fabi, I’m scared! I’ll keep you updated!

Maryse October 20, 2014 at 4:51 PM

As well you should be, Jean. ;)

Amy October 20, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Jean, so no EIT? ;) Stay…is that the one by Emily Goodwin? That one looks intense!

Push is sounding pretty tempting right now, but a CH…not so sure about that. I’ll be reading it with you, Cheryl, closer to the release of Pull.

Nice find, Toni!!

Amy October 20, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Aw crap, Maryse! Why’d you have to say that??

MichelleS October 20, 2014 at 5:15 PM

King #3!!! Woo Hoo. Oh yes yes yes. very Barrons like. Maybe even a bigger a$$ than Barrons ever was. LOVE IT. My next read for sure!!!!

MichelleS October 20, 2014 at 5:51 PM

The King Trilogy is by the same author as Fate Book – that hilarious book I loved a while back. No one ever took me up on it! It was fantastic. So funny, and lots of adventure too.

Nara October 20, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Hi
Kobo has King’s as a free book for Aussies – looks pretty good with that obey me feel.

Nickie Asher October 20, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Wow. I just found your blog. Love it!

Jean October 20, 2014 at 6:39 PM

I am reading Push and you guys should join me. I’ll need support! Will still read EIT this week!

bev October 20, 2014 at 6:52 PM

I think I’ll do push right before pull comes out. I’m right in the middle of both Red Fox & Outcome. And now have War for the Oaks in my very happy little hands.
And bought a nail polish today, love the color but I think more for winter.

Amy October 20, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Jean, NO. *shoves face in pillow*

*muffled* I’m not reading Push yet. *lifts face from pillow*

Pblttttt!!!!

*returns face to pillow*

Amy October 20, 2014 at 7:07 PM

A newbie!!!!! :D

*waves to Nickie*

Maryse October 20, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Hi Nickie!!! :D

Maryse October 20, 2014 at 8:31 PM

LOL Amy and her pillow muffles!

Jean October 20, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Oh come on Amy! The 2nd book comes out in a couple weeks. So far I am feeling completed creeped out and freaked out! But so, so intrigued! Whoever said that once you read the prologue, you will be hooked…..wow, they weren’t kidding. And I just finished The Vixen and the Vet which was a sweet low-angst love story….Push is looking like it’s going to be the exact opposite!

Fabi October 20, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Hi Nickie. Your just in time to watch Jean freak outcreading Push. :-)

Fabi October 20, 2014 at 8:56 PM

*sigh* there’s a perfect example of an absolutely useless auto-correct

Amy October 20, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Outcreading?? LOL!!!!!!

At least it wasn’t a dirty autocorrect…Maryse’s autocorrect loves dirty words. *snicker*

NO, Jean. *scoff* You turncoated on EIT. Although I am looking forward to your freak out over Push. ;)

Cheryl October 21, 2014 at 7:33 AM

No!! Must resist reading Push, until Pull is out. Stay strong w/ me Amy!!:).
Was also wondering and I can’t find the answer on the authors site whether Pull completes the story or is book #2 in a series. Anyone know?

Fabi October 21, 2014 at 7:55 AM

I’m going to pipe in on the ch in Push (also applies to the ch in Vain). Both of them pack an OOMPH punch to the solar plexus.

You know I do not like cliff hangers. I feel cheated when a book ends in one.

However, the cliff hangers in Push and Vain are an integral part of the story. They are what make the books’ stories jump into the 5* realm.

IMHO (from one who does not like or appreciate CHs), the anticipation of the next release after reading these books ADDS that little something extra that you won’t experience if you have the opportunity to immediately dive into book 2. In the case of Vain, it’s already out. But in the case of Push, give yourself, even just a few days, of anticipating the sequel. It will push your emotional response to the story that extra level up.

Ok, sermon over. *cheesy grin*

Jean October 21, 2014 at 8:09 AM

I couldn’t have said it better Fabi and we don’t have to wait long for book 2! I’m mad at you guys because I AM FREAKING OUT HERE READING PUSH ALL BY MY LITTLE LONESOME SELF!!! Where’s my support guys??

Fabi October 21, 2014 at 8:10 AM

*reaching over to hold Jean’s hand*
It’s wicked isn’t it?

Jean October 21, 2014 at 8:47 AM

Awww thank you Fabi! At least someone cares! Did you read Push? Is that why you know what I’m going through here?!?!?

Nickie Asher October 21, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Hi everyone! These books sound awesome.

Fabi October 21, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Yes Jean I read it when Maryse did.

Hi Nickie, yes they are. :-)

Laura October 21, 2014 at 10:42 AM

I took a break from making my machalos and from packing my ‘incase a mckealter comes along’ pack to read havoc and for God sakes that’s a CH too! Ok since I’m not doing well on picking my own reading obviously cause I miss things like the highlander series what can I read next? A series of possible suggestions lovely ladies since its martini Tuesday and hubby is at football until late!

Michelle S October 21, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Laura – what are you in the mood for? have you read all of Colleen Hoover’s books? because there’s not one bad one in that bunch!!!

Laura October 21, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Hmmm I don’t know if I want another paranormal but I think I do but no I haven’t read colleens books what are they about? Do they have some form of smut?

Fabi October 21, 2014 at 11:42 AM

C Hoover is awesome but if you want PNR then then some older greats are Sherilyn Kenyon, J.R. Ward, Christine Feehan, Lora Leigh. All those authors have incredible PNR series if you haven’t read them yet. Also, if you like YA, I have a whole other list. LOL

I’m sure you’re going to get lots of recommendations here.

The King’s series that Maryse is featuring in her Sunday/Monday releases is a newer and also great one. A big plus is that the first book in the series is free right now. Hopefully, you get the deal there as well.

Here’s the link. Sorry don’t know if it works overseas.

Amy October 21, 2014 at 11:50 AM

You can never go wrong with Colleen Hoover. If you want some lovin’ in her books, then I would say Ugly Love or Hopeless, otherwise Maybe Someday or Slammed. She is definitely a drop-everything author for me!

Laura October 21, 2014 at 11:51 AM

See fabi that’s the problem I’ve read them all :( I haven’t read jr wards other one series the Angels one have u? Is it any good?

Amy October 21, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Also, are you looking for some angst? ‘Cause I have a slew of those. ;)

Laura October 21, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Is colleens books quite angsty? I don’t think in the mood for that kind of angst I definitely think I was PNR I’ve read almost all on maryse’s lists and I’m stumped :(

Laura October 21, 2014 at 12:00 PM

I think I might try the fallen angel series by jr ward

Amy October 21, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Laura, are you in the mood for YA/NA PNR or more adult PNR?

Laura October 21, 2014 at 12:14 PM

Adult PNR I think Amy, how are u getting on with EIT?

Maryse October 21, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Laura have you read the Darynda Jones – Charley Davidson Series? It’s supposed to be one of the best and most fun, and I swear it sounds like each new release either gets better and better or is as awesome as the others.

I have to read it!! :D

Jean October 21, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Yeah Amy, how are you liking EIT since you deserted me with Push!! Which holy crap, OMG, I am completely freaking out!!!!! I think I need the manatee…

Amy October 21, 2014 at 1:02 PM

WHAT?!?!? I didn’t desert you, Jean…you were supposed to start EIT with me! Cheryl and I are holding out on Push until right before Pull…aren’t we, Cheryl?

But since you’re freaking out, here ya go… *hands manatee to Jean* He’s freshly cleaned of all recent snuffling. ;)

Amy October 21, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Oh, and I’m really enjoying Darkhouse, ladies. :D

Fabi October 21, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Laura, I did not think I would like the Fallen Angels series. I started it because, like you, I felt a little desperate for another great series and J.R. Ward had already proven herself. I am now current and still following that series. With each new book I still wonder if I’m going to like it. That usually last until I start reading the first few pages. Then I get totally engrossed in the story. I’d never put it up there with my all time favorites, but that author has become an auto buy for me. I love her writing. Her stories never fail to carry me away on some fantastical journey.

Fabi October 21, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Jean, I’m loving your reactions to Push. You’re patching me up for the sequel.

Fabi October 21, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Patching=psyching

Fabi October 21, 2014 at 1:07 PM

The manatee? hmmm I would have thought Push called for Amy’s blankie cave.

Laura October 21, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Oooo no maryse haven’t heard of it it’s looks good might give that a go aswell!!

Thanks fabi I will try like u I don’t know is I do or don’t want it to be like bdb

Fabi October 21, 2014 at 1:19 PM

It’s not like bdb. But really good in its own way.

Jean October 21, 2014 at 1:47 PM

Haha Fabi! I think I need the cave and the manatee! Thanks for cleaning the snot off of it Amy! Lol!

Amy October 21, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Blankie cave?? Ooooooh, I love blankie-cave reads! :D

Jean October 21, 2014 at 2:09 PM

See what you are missing out on Amy and Cheryl! Oh and I’m still going to start EIT this week…. I think. I have NEVER read a book like Push… my anxiety level is VERY HIGH! Only at 50%, but can’t wait to pick it back up tonight!

Amy October 21, 2014 at 2:32 PM

You just *want* me to be all p!ssy, don’t ya Jean? ;)

Jean October 21, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Of course not Amy, but you are fun when you are (p¡ssy that is)! Lol! I’m not bitter really… It’s all good! Really can’t wait for YOUR reaction to Push though!!!!!!!!!!

Cheryl October 21, 2014 at 2:53 PM

OK, Jean you’re pushing all the “buttons” with your Push comments!! You don’t fight fair!! ;)

Yes, Amy we’re going to be strong and wait until just before Pull comes out, I promise!! *no, I’m not crossing my fingers behind my back*

Jean October 21, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Haha Cheryl…. I’m just lonely here, on the dark side, need some company! But don’t worry, I will be here to support you both when you start it!!!! Love you guys!

Cheryl October 21, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Right back at you Jean!! ;)

Fabi October 21, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Amy’s reaction to Push you say? omg I hadn’t thought about that! I.can’t.wait.

Jean October 21, 2014 at 3:32 PM

See Amy, we live for your reactions! Lol! Sorry I can be a wiseass sometimes!!

Amy October 21, 2014 at 4:29 PM

OMG, you guys *do* like to see me get p!ssy. LOL!! Y’all suck but I still love ya!! :D And you WILL have to deal with me when I read it. I’m gonna seek you ladies out specifically. :P

Amy October 21, 2014 at 4:36 PM
MichelleS October 21, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Laura – smutty PNR – I am ALL OVER that. That was my obsession for a few years. here we go: Immortals After Dark, The Nightwalkers (J Frank), Tairen Soul series (leave me alone everybody – I have to plug it when I can), New Species (L Dohner – smut smut smut), All books by Tina Folsom, Mercedes Thompson series, Mageri Series, Irin Chronicles, Elemental Mysteries series, Night Huntress, Fae Chronicles (Ryder is hottest guy ever), Knights of the Black Swan. And about a hundred more. But those are some of my faves. Of course JR Ward and Lara Adrian, but those are pretty popular.

Jean October 21, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Looks yummy Amy! Never had Mandarin vodka!

Fabi October 21, 2014 at 8:25 PM

MichelleS I just copied your entire post into a txt file and saved it in my book ideas folder. I don’t think I’ve read a 10th of those. But I can now add my vote to Tairen Soul. Awesomeness.

Amy, love love love Mandarin vodka.

Nickie Asher October 22, 2014 at 6:52 AM

I love the Tairen Soul series!!!!

MichelleS October 22, 2014 at 7:40 AM

YAY Nickie – finally!!!!! someone is on board (including Fabi – who has read book one)….. I haven’t jumped the shark yet….. Tairen Soul is perfection for fantasy fans. I’ll say it again, best Fae books hands down.

MichelleS October 22, 2014 at 7:43 AM

Fabi – that’s why I listed those, because several aren’t as well known but were as good as the best of them. I can’t believe I left off S Laurenston’s The Pride series – my favorite shifter series ever. She also writes as GA Aiken for the Dragon Kin series. Like I said, this is probably the genre I still love best because the characters and story lines stay with me. Contemporary romances don’t do that for me. Unless they are 5 star reads, I forget most of the story!

MichelleS October 22, 2014 at 7:45 AM

I’ve never had mandarin vodka!! Down here, in the south, we like to mix Sweet Tea flavored vodka with Lemonade (I do Crystal Light)…. yummy! An Arnold Palmer…. delish!

Jean October 22, 2014 at 8:22 AM

I love sweet tea vodka with lots of ice… Yum!