This Monday kicks off an awesome Halloween book week, ’cause we’ve got some awesome sounding earlybirds that just went live. Mafia men, sexy soldiers, rock stars, and those that can make you rock stars, Lots of bumping into mysterious tattooed strangers today! Also in case you missed yesterday’s surprises, here it is: Suddenly Sunday Surprises – 15 book surprises that shouldn’t be missed!
My two biggest blurb jolts in this list, below? The Fall Up (she’s famous but wants to end it all, and a stranger saves her…) AND The Realm of You (she realizes her awesome life was just a “dream” when she wakes up in the hospital one day… and she decides to go to the town in her dream to see if she can find that happiness again… and both of her worlds – her real life and her dream life – collide).
Oh!! And I also included some of the highly anticipated pre-orders going live at midnight!! *happy wiggle*
JUST WENT LIVE TODAY
- The Fall Up by Aly Martinez <— JUST WENT LIVE!! ANGSTY-SOUNDING ALERT!! She’s famous but losing herself, and he saves her… “I wanted to jump. He made me fall. As a celebrity, I lived in the public eye, but somewhere along the way, I’d lost myself in the spotlight. Until he found me. Sam Rivers was a gorgeous, tattooed stranger who saved my life with nothing more than a simple conversation. But we were both standing on that bridge for a reason the night we met. The secrets of our pasts brought us together—and then tore us apart.” <—- *oomph*!!!!!
- Holding Her Hand (Reed Brothers Book 15) by Tammy Falkner <— UNREQUITED LOVE ALERT? “Girl meets boy. Girl falls in love with boy. Boy can’t love her back.“
- Blood & Loyalties: A Mafia Romance by Ryan Michele <— MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!! “Jag Maratelli, the boss’s right hand, worked extremely hard to sustain his position in the family and honored it with his life. When he was summoned to the East Coast for an unexpected meeting, a chance encounter with Catarina and one look into the fire within her made him a very determined man… Life had other ideas, though, when a betrayal in the family sent him two thousand miles away from her while danger lurked closer than anyone realized.” Oooooh!!
- Blindsight by Adriane Leigh <— MYSTERIOUS TATTOOED STRANGER & THE SCARS THEY HIDE ALERT! “But there is more to Hunter than meets the eye, including the intricately etched tattoos decorating his body that disguise horrific scars from a past he refuses to revisit. As she peels away the layers, Erin realizes that what she thought was true, never really was at all, for both of them. Now she can only hope that blind adoration for the dashing stranger didn’t sign her death warrant.“
- Harlot by Victoria Dahl <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE – SHE BECAME A WHORE ALERT! “Left penniless after her father’s death, Jess made a deal with a devil. Now she must face her first love, whose scorn is no match for her regret.” GAH! I LOVE that cover!!
- Brando by J.D. Hawkins <— HE CAN MAKE YOU A STAR ALERT! “The bet is simple: take a nobody and make her a star. I just didn’t bet on HER. She’s not some wannabe, she’s the real deal…”
- Manwhore 2 (A Ferro Family Short Story) by H.M. Ward
- Ugly by Margaret McHeyzer <— ABUSED GIRL ALERT!! “If I were dead, he’d never raise his hand to me again. If I were dead, his words wouldn’t cut as deep as they do. If I were dead, I’d be beautiful and I wouldn’t be so…ugly.“
- His Temporary Fix (Love at the Beach) by Sofia Grey <— SEXY SOLDIER ON TEMPORARY LEAVE ALERT! “when she meets the sexy soldier on the beach, Holly knows she’s in big trouble. Zack Winter is gorgeous and in pain, and when he kisses Holly, all of her resolve melts away…”
- Stygian by Santino Hassell <— ROCK BAND DARK FANTASY ROMANCE ALERT?! “They had planned to spend six weeks focusing on new music, but things go awry as soon as they arrive at the long-deserted Caroway mansion. Tempers flare, sexual tension boils over into frustration, and Jeremy turns away from the band to find a friend in his eerily beautiful landlord Hunter Caroway. Kennedy suspects there’s something off about the creepy mansion and its mysterious owners, but Jeremy thinks he’s finally found somewhere he fits…“
- Drawn to Fight: Hugo & Meg by Lilliana Anderson <— STUDENT TEACHER & HER BROTHER CATCHES THEM ALERT!! “When I met Hugo Sparks, I didn’t know he was my art teacher. But, by the time we found out, it was too late – we’d already fallen. But, we did the right thing, we tried to fight it. Eventually though, we gave in. That was when my brother Zac caught us…“
- A Friendly Arrangement (Friends First) by Christine Warner <— BEST FRIENDS & NEIGHBORS ALERT! “…they’re neighbors, career-driven, and commitment-phobes. Tired of always being set up on dates by well-meaning friends and family, they take matters into their own hands: they will be the other’s plus one–a little friendly arrangement between friends.”
- Shocking Finds (A Finder’s Keepers Novel) by Tracey Clark <— SHE’S FAE AND SHE DOESN’T KNOW IT ALERT! “An act of rebellion, Marin doesn’t think that running into the new store in town will hurt anything. Her aunt will never know… right? One car wreck later, her aunt is hospitalized, Marin is forced to spend her twenty-first birthday fighting for her life, and magic – the very thing her aunt has always sworn to be for fools – is real. And so is the irresistible Fae dedicated to Marin’s protection…“
- Now and Again by Jennifer Ellision <— SHE’S GONNA SEE HER OLD CRUSH AGAIN! “Em’s degree in Event Management is gathering dust, and what better way to put it to use than planning Nikki’s wedding? There’s just one flaw in that plan: Cole Connors. The girls’ former roommate. And part of the reason Em hasn’t been back since college graduation…“
- Playing With Fire (Tangled in Texas) <— A FIREMAN & A LIBRARIAN ALERT! “…the last thing she ever wants to do is fall in love… Especially not with a fireman who’s hot enough to set the entire state of Texas on fire.”
- The Realm of You: A Novel by Amanda Richardson <— OMG THIS ONE SOUNDS AMAZING ALERT!!!! I mean, this is one serious *blurb jolter* for me and makes me wanna stop everything to read it. “When Marlin Winters awakens in an alternate universe, living in Vermont and engaged to a man she doesn’t recognize, she’s determined to figure out why she’s here and what sequence of events lead her to this moment. Over the course of one day, she begins to piece together the last week of her real life. What’s more, when the day is over, she doesn’t want to leave. Though she avoids it, sleep eventually comes, and the life she yearns for disappears forever. The next day, Marlin wakes up in a hospital bed. It becomes abundantly clear that her wonderful life in Vermont was all a dream. Intent on regaining the happiness she felt, she decides to uproot her life and begin volunteering at a psychiatric hospital in the same town as the one in her dream. What she doesn’t expect is for both lives to come crashing together in a strange twist of fate.“
TOMORROW’S PRE-ORDERS (just a few of ‘em… hopefully they go live at midnight ).
- Friction by Sawyer Bennett
- The Queen (The Original Sinners Book 8) by Tiffany Reisz
- Walk Through Fire (Chaos) by Kristen Ashley
- Darkest Before Dawn (KGI series) by Maya Banks
- Shopaholic to the Rescue: A Novel by Sophie Kinsella
- Cold-Hearted Rake by Lisa Kleypass
- The Outlandish Companion Volume Two: The Companion to The Fiery Cross, A Breath of Snow and Ashes, An Echo in the Bone, and Written in My Own Heart’s Blood: 2 (Outlander) by Diana Gabaldon
- Surviving Ice: A Novel (The Burying Water Series) by K.A. Tucker
- Reckless Abandon by Jeannine Collette
- Autumn Thorns (Whisper Hollow) by Yasmine Galenorn