Suddenly Sunday – 17 New Releases and Super Bargains!

by Maryse on November 2, 2014 · 92 comments

It’s FINALLY cold here in Florida (well… er… “mildly cold” ;) but I’m in jeans and a sweater, and no more flip-flops, so that counts, right?) Yep… Fall is officially here, and it looks as if we are bringing it all in with LOTS of excellent looking new releases that just went live over the last day or so (and sequels to some our tried and true favorites). Plus some SUPER bargains on certain series and books to celebrate their upcoming sequel releases this week. This is one of the best super Sundays in a LONG TIME! Okay and… make that 22 books on this list (you guys have found me more awesome deals, so I just added ‘em). :D

Oh yeah… I’m almost finished reading “Prisoner (Criminals & Captives Book 1)” so review coming soon on that!

P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).

P.P.S. Also, while these bargain finds and new releases “look” great (and/or have awesome reviews and recommendations), unless I have my own personal review link next to it, I likely haven’t read it myself… I just found it and wanted to share it in case it’s awesome. So if you read it, let me know if it’s awesome. LOL! :D

NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.

Just look at these finds!

PREORDERS (Most for this TUESDAY!!!):

Michelle November 2, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Some other ones I saw today:

53 Letters for My Lover is .99
Dark Protectors box set 1-4 by Rebecca Zanetti is 2.99
Alaskan Fire by Sara King is .99 – PNR/fantasy book that I HIGHLY recommend. It is in my top ten for this genre this year and I read tons of PNR.

Maryse November 2, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Ohhhh 53 letters is one of my FAVS!!!!

Okay I’m adding.

L.B. Dunbar November 2, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Fragrance Free (Sensations Collection 3) by L.B. Dunbar…It’s LIVE TODAY.
Barnes & Noble: coming soon

Maryse November 2, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Okay I added ‘em. :D

Toni November 2, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Violet Addiction by Kirsty Dallas was just released. I’m 35% in to it and I’m having a hard time putting it down!

Laura November 2, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Oh I really liked the dark protectors 1st book kind of had a psy/changeling feel to it even thought it’s vamps!! I’m on melancholy by bella heel now just devoured the 1st really enjoyed it!! Bev are u sticking to ur Sunday read?

Amy November 2, 2014 at 1:19 PM

I’m *finally* starting Push tomorrow…after I finish Dead Sky Morning. ;) I am dying for something to happen between Dex and Perry. *scoff* I swear I’m getting sexually frustrated from those two. :P

Maryse, I’m sure I can speak for the ladies here when I say…WE MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!

And I’m jealous of you ’cause I miss living in Florida. That’s okay though…next June – Book Bash!!!! :D

bev November 2, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Laura haven’t had the chance to start beyond the prologue. Hopefully in an hr. I’ll be able to spend rest of day reading. Definitely fall and chilly here.

Maryse now I’m going to have the Golden Girls Miami song in my head, lol.

bev November 2, 2014 at 1:35 PM

I would love to see Florida. Harry potter & manatees!
But I’m a cold weather girl. I want my seasons to change and lots of fall foliage.
I would love to see Canada, think it must of been a system shock. Course maybe you moved from a mild region.

Laura November 2, 2014 at 2:14 PM

We’re are u bev and Amy? I wish I was in Florida belive me it is chilly bloody Baltic here get get moving for leaves!!

Fabi November 2, 2014 at 2:15 PM

I’m going to throw this one in here. It’s not new and I just randomly ran across it but it’s FREE and it was a 5* read for me. I finished it yesterday and mentioned it on another thread. I couldn’t sleep last night and am still thinking about it today even though I’m already into another book. It’s angsty. It gutted me with the story of selfless love.

Measure of Devotion by Caethes Faron

Tessa November 2, 2014 at 2:40 PM

I totally understand the OMG it’s finally cold. Currently I actually wore a jacket last night when I went outside. I want winter! Here it means it rains, no heat and you need a jacket, and no shorts. Mostly we just need rain.

Now… *squee* Rocker Who Cherishes Me! You have got to try at least the first book The rocker who holds me is soooo wonderful. I’ve read it probably five or six times. And also the rocker who holds her twice! I’m not even a fan of re-hash from his POV books, but that story, and the other stories… *sighs* It’s too sweet to resist.

Von November 2, 2014 at 2:57 PM

The Dark Protector Series is my second favorite paranormal series. BDB being the first of course. If you haven’t read these….do it now!!!! The first book, Fated, will have you hooked instantly :)

Amy November 2, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Laura, I’m currently in the Pacific Northwest…yep, Dex and Perry’s neck of the woods. ;)

I need to catch up on the Rocker Who series. I’m so far behind in those books, but from what I remember they are really good!

Cheryl November 2, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Read The Resistance before. I know I enjoyed it, but think I have to reacquaint myself with it before reading The Redemption.

Still have to finish EIT series (feel like I’ve been saying that forever), before reading that or starting Push. ;)

bev November 2, 2014 at 7:01 PM

I just found Stripped by Eddie Harris for 1.99. I haven’t read it but have read good reviews. I loved her book Wild Burn and found a follow up novella to that for .99, so yay me.

MichelleS November 2, 2014 at 7:04 PM

I one-clicked Alaskan Fire and the Fighting Series. For that price and with those recommendations, I can’t lose! And I am still a huge PNR fan so I am excited about Alaskan Fire.

I finished Me Before You today – I picked it up while it was bargain priced. It’s back up to 9 bucks, so I am grateful for the heads up!!! It was FANTASTIC. I cried…. of course…. but it was so well written. There have been some great bargains lately!!!

Not sure what I am in the mood for after THAT. Fabi’s 5-star recommendation up there is intriguing me too.

MichelleS November 2, 2014 at 7:20 PM

So I went to buy Push for 99 cents with all the raving about it and I had already purchased it in May and didn’t finish it??? Now what is that all about? I guess I have to revisit that….. huh…… ?????

What’s everyone else reading?

Fabi November 2, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Isn’t that weird MichelleS? That happened to me with Deeper. Very strange.

Fabi November 2, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Oh, and I’m reading Ruins by Orson Scott Card. Sci Fi dystopian. You know me. I need a break after an angsty read.

I’m putting those pnr recs on my reading radar too. :-)

bev November 2, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Maybe read Maryse’s review of them see if it reminds you why you put them down.

bev November 2, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Nocte is catching my attention….but one of three books. Number two doesn’t come out for a few months. I’m just not sure.
If any of you ladies decide to dive in please post, I may join you.
MichelleS I’m reading Riding Dirty. My time wasn’t as uninterrupted as I’d hoped so not that far.
Side note love James McAvoy’s voice.

Rae November 3, 2014 at 4:36 AM

trying to find the Cassia Leo box set but no go on Amazon Us or UK – any help folks?

Melinda November 3, 2014 at 4:53 AM

Well after reading about 3 dud books in a row. I finally picked a good one. I married a master by Melanie marchande. Loved every minute of it. But in Australia what do they say ‘beautiful one day perfect the next’.We are in the middle of spring and had 3 days in row over 30degrees. How I love this weather. Any recommendations for good books.?

Maryse November 3, 2014 at 8:00 AM

Thank You Melinda!!! Oh I love how Australia’s seasons are the opposite of ours… very cool!

Maryse November 3, 2014 at 8:01 AM

Hi guys!!!

I’m here! :D Wellll… in and out over the next week of course, but I’m almost done.

Today is build Maryse’s desk set day, so I shall finally have a nice blogging atmosphere for my happiness. LOL!!!

Jean November 3, 2014 at 8:41 AM

I loved the Shattered Hearts series… finished it up over the weekend. Then jumped right into The Rocker Who Cherishes Me and I am loving it! Both are great series and favorites of my mine!

MichelleS November 3, 2014 at 8:52 AM

I started reading the Fighting Series, and little ole’ demented me thought it sounded awfully familiar. Sure enough, book one already on my Kindle. But this was a book bundle, so Amazon didn’t tell me I already owned it. Oh well, it has a few more books in it that I haven’t read, but not remembering book one very much at all isn’t making me excited about the others!

Jean – weren’t you going to read On The Island? Was that you? Don’t forget about that one!

MichelleS November 3, 2014 at 8:55 AM

So on a TOTALLY unrelated note…. I have a question for you guys: I am trying to remember the book or character that started calling his nemesis “Angel-fu*ker”…. was that Dex in EIT? My husband used the term the other day, because if someone says something really funny like that I always share it with my hubby, and he remembers dorky things like that. So he says, “Angelfu*ker” and now I am going crazy trying to remember who it was!! I am leaning towards Dex (since he is the one who gave me twatwaffle, douchecanoe) but it may also be in the Mageri series! HELP

bev November 3, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Happy Maryse desk building day! Wish you lots of patience, clear instructions, and all the right tools. You’ll have to buy some pretty to put on top of it.

Amy November 3, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Rae, which Cassia Leo box set are you looking for? Shattered Hearts, Knox, Luke or another one?

Jean, did you read Chasing Abby? How was it??

Amy November 3, 2014 at 11:04 AM

MichelleS, if Angelf**k is in EIT then I haven’t made it that far yet but it did remind me of the term “fae-f**king” in the Fae Chronicles, LOL!!!!!!

Jean November 3, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Amy, I loved Chasing Abby….cried like a baby, tears streaming down my face, soaked shirt…. Yep loved it! Then I read Abandon, Tristan’s story, and loved it just as much!

MichelleS, yes that was me who just purchased On The Island…. I just got sidetracked as usual. I won’t forget it…. It’s high on my list!

Cheryl November 3, 2014 at 11:54 AM

MichelleS if in EIT I haven’t read it yet and I’m on book 8. Does sound like something Dex would say. :)

Jean November 3, 2014 at 2:00 PM

MichelleS, I did the same thing. Ordered the bundled Fighter series and then realized I had purchased the 1st book already… still a good deal!

Amy November 3, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Speaking of the Shattered Hearts series by Cassia Leo, apparently the boxed set is only available for .99 for the next two days only, per the author. Grab this one!! The books read pretty fast and are so worth the time and emotional investment. And for .99!!! Jean and I love them! :D

Michelle November 3, 2014 at 4:47 PM

I snapped up the Shattered Hearts Series since I’ve been waiting for the box set once the series was complete – excited to read this one if Amy and Jean give it the seal of approval :)

You will love Alaskan Fire MichelleS – it was an awesome combo of pnr, fantasy, mythology and just really unique. I bought the second book but haven’t read it yet – I really hope she writes more since these were both published in 2012 I believe and nothing since.

Fabi, I clicked on your five star read above – looks good. I had a hectic weekend and am behind on reading so I’m still on Magic Breaks and have another crazy work week ahead. I need to still get through a few borrows before Abduction but when I get close I will let you know.

Ohhh I should not be looking at more but Nocte is calling to me too Bev and it has almost all 5 stars and some great reviews! I think I’m going to have to squirrel…

Jean November 3, 2014 at 4:59 PM

I think I will be squirreling for Nocte too…… author had been sending teasers for days…. I am so intrigued!

Laura November 3, 2014 at 5:17 PM

So I took a little plunge and started reading sociopath by line craven and OMG I am freaking loving it!! I realllly don’t know how this is going to go but reading it it’s from his PoV btw he’s reminding me of Caleb in captive not the same kind of story at all but the way his mind works and it’s oh so wrong but I think I wuv him lol

Laura November 3, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Ok that was ment to be lime not line

bev November 3, 2014 at 5:43 PM

So just grabbed Nocte. Told myself I’d stick to my read tonight but know I do not know. It looks fun and mysterious and angsty. Hmm……..

Laura very curious about that book.

Laura November 3, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Bev I think I’m taking back the wuv but it’s confusing!!! Assholery is a perfect word for him also he is royally f**ked up seriously the book title is perfect for him! But it is so good really liking it

Laura November 3, 2014 at 6:06 PM

O_O ok totally taking back the wuv and I’m hiding under a blanky instead ekkkk!!!

Amy November 3, 2014 at 6:15 PM

All this talk about Nocte had me curious so I took a peek again at the blurb…how did I skim over this one before?!? I’m squirreling from Dead Sky Morning (really like it, just not enough going on right now to keep me from something like Nocte!) and *then* I will start Push.

Yeah, yeah…I know I keep Push-ing it off. *snort*

*plugging ears against collective groan*

Um, so…I’ll just see myself out now… *giggle*

Amy November 3, 2014 at 6:16 PM

*snicker* Laura has the blankie cave today. ;)

Jean November 3, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Laura, you are cracking me up! I gotta read that one now! But Nocte is screaming for me!

Amy, you better read Push before Thursday!!

bev November 3, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Jean & Amy are you two starting Nocte tonight? I am something about it has my attention. Oh I hope it lives up to it.

Laura it sounds like you are having fun.

Amy November 3, 2014 at 6:58 PM

I’m in for starting Nocte tonight. The only thing I’m apprehensive of is that the second one doesn’t come out until February.

There better not be a CH! *crossing arms*

Michelle November 3, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Oh no don’t do this to me guys – I don’t think I can resist Nocte if you all start reading! I just finished Magic Breaks (5 stars and my favorite book in the series) but I still have more borrows to read…ughhh I really want to read Nocte…will power…fading…

Jean November 3, 2014 at 7:20 PM

I would love to read Nocte with you guys! Come on Amy, suck it up!

MichelleS November 3, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Oh FINE!!!! You have me convinced. I downloaded Nocte, so let me know when WE are starting it. I’m in….

Amy November 3, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Jean, YOU SUCK!!! You know I still luffs ya though. ;)

You know what I’m going to paint my nails with? Nein! Nein! Ok Fine! from OPI’s Germany collection. Seems fitting right now with all this pressure. :P

But we love pressure here, don’t we?

MichelleS November 3, 2014 at 8:28 PM

There’s an OPI Germany collection? seriously??? That is so cool. I’m a German girl. I am going to have to check it out. I bet they have great names.

So when are we starting?

Tracy November 3, 2014 at 8:32 PM

I will live vicariously through you all reading Nocte. I am almost done with Push and the way this is going I think I will have to jump into Pull.

MichelleS November 3, 2014 at 8:36 PM

I just looked up the collection, Amy… and OMG I am laughing my butt off. So so funny. Here’s a sample of the names…..
“My Very First Knockwurst, Suzi & the 7 Dusseldorfs, Don’t Pretzel My Buttons, Deutsche You Want Me Baby, Berlin There Done That”
I am not into nail polish, but I am seriously going to look for these to give as stocking stuffers to all my German friends and family. HILARIOUS.

bev November 3, 2014 at 8:49 PM

I’m going to start in around an hour or so. After dinner Probably.
Seriously after this build up fingers crossed.

bev November 3, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Amy that is a beautiful collection. Love the purple.

So who is reading Nocte? Jean, MichelleS, Amy,Michelle?
Laura is probably asleep in her cover cave.

Fabi November 3, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Not this time for me Bev. I’m going to finish the one I’m in and then dive right into Pull. I’ve been waiting what seems like a long time for that one. Thanks for the invite!

Amy November 3, 2014 at 10:50 PM

MichelleS and Bev, aren’t those colors gorgeous? I love their country and region collections. I am *still* trying to complete the Australian collection! And the names OPI uses for their polishes always crack me up. I’ve worn NNOkF before and it is beautiful, and it is sooooo fitting with us caving into the pressure tonight. ;)

Alright, I’m starting Nocte now. *fingers crossed* Then I’ll be with you Tracy in reading Push!

Amy November 3, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Okay, last thing about the Germany collection…you have to see these swatches to really appreciate how beautiful they are!

(I love her swatches!)

bev November 3, 2014 at 11:28 PM

That orange is crazy. Perfect fall color.

Ok only 4% but from the journal quotes to now I’m already intrigued.

Laura November 4, 2014 at 3:05 AM

I was totally sleeping u know tune difference and all that jazz!! Did u guys start it? I’m not squirrelling from my sociopath!!!

Laura November 4, 2014 at 3:05 AM

I was totally sleeping u know time difference and all that jazz!! Did u guys start it? I’m not squirrelling from my sociopath!!!

MichelleS November 4, 2014 at 8:10 AM

Oh crap on a cracker! I missed the update and now I wake up to find you guys started Nocte already!!! Good thing Im a fast reader. I will start it tonight. Keeping fingers crossed. YAY. Group read.

Jean November 4, 2014 at 8:27 AM

I’m only at 17% MichelleS, and headed to work now.

Joanna Diamond November 4, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Michelle S, I think you are referring to Gabriel’s Inferno.

Maryse, Nocte is one of my top 10 books, ever. You need a spoiler chat room for it, stat! Absolutely breathtaking.

bev November 4, 2014 at 9:16 AM

I’m only at around 35%. I went in blind except for the blurb and a rave, rare for me. I like, and hope for more, the parts that feel gothic to me. Any one else feel that?

Tracy November 4, 2014 at 10:11 AM

I’m glad that Amy will be starting Push when it comes out. I won’t be all by my lonesome.

bev November 4, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Tracy I think half of the readers on here are reading Pull when it comes out, lol. Thursday right? I have Push, scares me, and thought I may start it tomorrow……..maybe. I mean if I’m reading about what I think I am?!

Jean November 4, 2014 at 10:40 AM

I can’t wait for you guys to read Push!

bev November 4, 2014 at 11:08 AM

So George S. on GMA interviewing George RR Martin. Just made me seriously happy and excited.:-)

Side note >>>>> too addicted to reading & posting here. Must get control of that.

Laura November 4, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Okaaaaay so um I’m done by scary love story the author is correct mindf**kery all round. Hmm so what’s nocte like? What’s it about? It’s not a crying one is it?

Jean November 4, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I know bev….me too and I am dreading Maryse’s list today!

Laura, that was Sociopath right? Did you like it?

Tracy November 4, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Bev – read it! It has my mind all tangled up. I don’t know what to think or how to react or imagine how it is going to end.

Laura November 4, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Jean it was really good love the way he thinks but it gives u very conflicting feelings and I’m not sure I’m good with how it ended lol

Michelle November 4, 2014 at 1:49 PM

I resisted Nocte so far but let’s see how that goes when I get home from work. Update us on how it is for those reading please – I’m insanely curious about this one!

Bev, did good ol’ George announce the publication date for the next book or something? I consider it a win if we see a book before 2017.

All of the excitement about Pull is catching too. I have Push but I want to read them back to back so I’m waiting until after the release.

Cheryl November 4, 2014 at 2:37 PM

I guess I missed out the Shattered Hearts bundle, went to one click and noticed it is $4.99 even though in the blurb it says .99!? Anyone purchase it today and what price did it end up costing you?

Nocte sounds really, really good, but I don’t know since it’s not a complete trilogy.

I plan to read Push next, that is after I FINALLY finish EIT!!!

bev November 4, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Michelle it turned out to be just a snippet. I guess the whole interview is online at Yahoo, I think. I may look it up.
The little bit he talked about was interesting. It was on how he had to write around the red wedding scene then go back to it. It was just so upsetting.
Reading it sure was. And had to prepare myself years later to watch it. I have horrible recall but there a parts from that part of book could not forget.

Jean November 4, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Joanna, happy to see that comment about Nocte. I’m at 23% and completely intrigued!

Jean November 4, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Did someone here mention The Dark Protectors series by Rebecca Zanetti? Noticed the box set on sale and I think I want it!

Laura November 4, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Yes Jean!! I read the 1st one and it was good had real potential I think it would be even better as it goes on

Jean November 4, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Thanks Laura. I’m getting it…. 4 books for $2.99! I have some serious problems with 1-clicking!

Laura November 4, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Me 2 that’s why when people are asking what I want for Xmas all I’m saying is kindle vouchers!!

Michelle November 4, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Hey MichelleS, I can’t find the comment on here but did you recommend a historical romance called Tapestry? I see one on sale right now by Karen Ranney for .99 that I want to get if that’s it.

bev November 4, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Michelle Thank You for posting that!!!! It is the one MichelleS rec’d & sounds so good. Off to buy it.

Michelle November 4, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Ok that’s the right one then Bev? I remember her saying it was good and I think the words Pride and Prejudice were in her comment so that to me equals sold!

Michelle November 4, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Bev, missed your comment above…so nothing about release date :( I’m dying for the next one since Jon Snow, Tyrion and Arya are my favorite characters and they are all at major crossroads especially the CH concerning Jon!

bev November 4, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Michelle haven’t watched it but doubt he gives a date. He seems pretty reticent to firm dates, probably because fans get so upset when he passes them. At least when it does come out I have the show to jog my memory.
You know I’m not sure I know of another author, though I don’t follow publishing news, who seems to be able to set his own dead lines.
Jon is a bad ch and Martin could definitely go there. I really want the next one to have Jamie, Tyrion, Jon, Arya, and Brienne.

MichelleS November 4, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Yes, Michelle and Bev… it was Tapestry by Ranney… I said it was a mix of Making Faces meets Pride and Prejudice. Loved it. Love love loved it.

I am only at about 20% with Nocte. It’s cool so far. Poor Finn. I just want to cuddle him so hard.

bev November 4, 2014 at 11:01 PM

I am just starting chapter 28 and I have a few different theories running. I’m just not sure if I think about them to much they make sense, lol.
I do like the gothic feel to it as I was not expecting that going in.
One little complaint is if Calla didn’t keep reminding us I wouldn’t know that he is British. There is nothing in his speech that shows this and so I can’t *hear* it.

Michelle S November 5, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Bev – totally agree with you on the British accent. I have dropped it in my head because nothing he says sounds British and just saying he has an accent isn’t working for me. I still like Finn the best. He’s the most well developed character and I have the most feelings for him. His slipping into madness is fascinating to me. And I love his vulnerability. That scene with the MINE MINE MINE was really creepy though. (Book talk: Nocte)

Michelle S November 5, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Bev – to me Dare is totally a cliche right now. Of course he’s tall and dark and handsome and has a cool tattoo and rides a motorcycle and has dimples and a Bristish accent and speaks a little French too to go with his uber-cool name and piercing eyes. Of course he does. Now Finn…. he’s perfectly flawed!!!