Twelve Early Bird Book Releases + some of tomorrow’s pre-order highlights!!

by Maryse on February 15, 2016 · 92 comments

WHOA!!! Today is an AWESOME book release day. TWO that went live today are both at the top of my TBR list. I’m starting that one there to the left – RoomHate, just ’cause I love when two people are forced to live together and it’s not going so well. Tee hee!!!! Oh, and I think HE brought his girlfriend… eekeek OH OH. I’m in!

And of course, Karina Halle’s latest (The Lie) that has a blurb that promises to crush me. cry OMG I WANT TO READ IT NOW. *sigh* Maybe I’ll read ‘em both at the same time? Can I do that? I want to do that. ;) LOL!

Happy President’s day to us!! Which book are you reading?

1. RoomHate by Penelope Ward <— PENELOPE WARD ALERT! ROOMMATE THAT SHE HATES?!! OR does he hate her? Oh and… he’s got a gf… in their house! YAY ME!
  2. The Lie by Karina Halle <—KARINA HALLE ALERT! THIS ONE GAVE ME A BLURB-JOLT! EEEEEP!!!! What does it mean!!?? “…some loves are too dangerous to ever indulge. And some loves are far too powerful to ignore.   Their love just might be the life and the death of them.“ eek!!!!
  3. Ask Me Again by Gina L. Maxwell <— JUST WENT LIVE THIS EVENING!!!
  4. The Billionaire by J.R. Ward <— J.R. WARD ALERT!!
  5. Last Call (Bad Habits Book 3) by Staci Hart <— HE DUMPS HER and shows up with another girl and she’s determined to never be with him again… “The end. Poof. Dead to her. Except he was everywhere — down the hall, at the bar with their friends, worming his way into her dreams.”
  6. Frigid Affair by Jennifer Foor <— SHE HAD A ONE NIGHT STAND… “Two long years later I open my door to see him standing there, and the reason he’s back will change everything.”
  7. A Love so Tragic by Stevie J. Cole <— SHE STILL LOVES HIM EVEN THOUGH SHE’S MARRIED TO SOMEONE ELSE NOW… “This word sums up my relationship with Nicolas: devastating, painful, depressing. A first love that should have lasted a lifetime, but I ruined with a stupid decision.”
  8. Ten Thousand Words by Kelli Jean <— SHE’S A RECLUSIVE AUTHOR but when her series gets picked up… “she’s thrust into the limelight alongside sexy, photographer-turned-cover model, Oliver Fairfax.”
  9. Backward Glance by Robyn Carr
  10. You’re Still the One (Country Blues) by Rachel Harris
  11. Healing Love (Love to the Extreme) by Abby Niles <— MMA FIGHTERS!
  12. Fade Into You (Shaken Dirty) by Tracy Wolff <— BAD BOY ROCK STAR NOW HAS TO BEHAVE NOW THAT HE HAS A MEDIA CONSULTANT… “Except Poppy isn’t actually a social media consultant. She’s the daughter of the label’s CEO, sent undercover to babysit Wyatt and keep him from falling off the wagon again. Proving herself to her father is Poppy’s only goal—until she finds herself in Wyatt’s bed…”
  13. Strong Signal (Cyberlove Book 1) by Megan Erickson & Santino Hassell <— M/M ROMANCE!! fabi LOVES THIS AUTHOR and says: “I have loved every book by Santino Hassell I have read. I hope the collaboration will end up like Elle Kennedy’s collab last year and be a great book.
  1. Twilight Tenth Anniversary/Life and Death Dual Edition by Stephenie Meyer <— NO LONGER ON SALE…
  2. The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks <— NO LONGER ON SALE…
  3. Lover At Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 11) by J.R. Ward <— super-bargain priced and Jean found it for us!! :D
  4. The Poughkeepsie Brotherhood Box Set by Debra Anastasia <— Did you guys know this series bundle was live?!!
  1. Platinum (All That Glitters Book 4) by K.A. LINDE <—- GOING LIVE TOMORROW!!
  2. Trouble Maker: A MacKenzie Family Novel (The MacKenzie Family) by Liliana Hart - February 16th 2016
  3. Desire & Ice: A MacKenzie Family Novella (The MacKenzie Family) by Christopher Rice - February 16th 2016
  4. Yes, Mr. Van Der Wells (Not Another Billionaire Romance) by S. Ann Cole - February 16th 2016
  5. Ghost Talker: The Ghost Seer Series by Robin D. Owens - February 16th 2016
  6. Unexpected Rush: A Play-by-Play Novel by Jaci Burton - February 16th 2016
  7. Kiss Interrupted by Barbara Elsborg - February 16th 2016
  8. Unrequited (Fallen Aces MC Book 1) by Max Henry - February 16th 2016
  9. The Absolution of Aidan (The Syndicate Series Book 3) by Kathy Coopmans - February 16th 2016
  10. The Perfect Life by Erin Noelle - February 18th 2016
  11. One Day Soon by A. Meredith Walters - February 18th 2016
  12. Out of Focus (Chosen Paths) by L.B. Simmons - February 19th 2016

Jean February 15, 2016 at 11:40 AM

For anyone who’s been collecting the BDB series as I have, Lover at Last (#11) is $1.99 today!

Maryse February 15, 2016 at 12:45 PM

Oh AWESOME thank you Jean!! :D

Amy February 15, 2016 at 12:46 PM

I snagged that one, Jean! Never mind that I still need several of the books before it, but hey…at least I’ll have that one, right? ;)

I was going to start Ricochet (and I still will soon, especially after Jean’s reaction) but Roomhate and The Lie are just too tempting. A Love So Tragic sounds crazy good as well, but it’s by an author I’m not familiar with while I already *know* Penelope Ward and Karina Halle books are just bundles of awesomeness. Sooooo it’s either living with a guy who hates her ’cause she broke his heart or a lost love that’s probably going to make my heart ache…The Lie it is!!! :D

Maryse February 15, 2016 at 12:48 PM

I’m reading Roomhate, so we can update each other. :D Then on to the Lie… and Hausfrau. ;) YAY ME!!!!

Amy February 15, 2016 at 1:04 PM

Do you see me right now? I’m on my back kicking my legs in the air while fist pumping both arms and tossing my head back and forth and squealing! Okay, only in my head but still…it counts!! :D

Jean February 15, 2016 at 1:48 PM

Lol Amy and Maryse! Ok, so I’m only at 15% of Roomhate and really liking it…..”You smell like vomit.” Man, he hates her! I love it! Hahaha! I see where this story could go and omg reminding me of Thoughtless a little!

Maryse February 15, 2016 at 1:51 PM

Oh he is MEAN!!!! I KNOW IT!! The ultimate jerk… but like, unapologetic. Not dirty sexy-jerk… just mean and hateful.

I LOVE THAT! Tee heeeeee!

Maryse February 15, 2016 at 1:52 PM

Amy it totally does count! :P

Fabi February 15, 2016 at 1:55 PM

Jean you started Roomhate? Does that mean you finished Ricochet? I’m at 70% and I NEED to finish because I one-clicked Strong Signal and I don’t think I can wait to start reading it.

Jean February 15, 2016 at 2:01 PM

Yes Fabi! Finished Ricochet and really loved it! A twist at the end I didn’t see coming! Try not to squirrel!

marina February 15, 2016 at 3:41 PM

Finishing up “How to Save a Life” but just one-clicked RoomHate and The Lie. I want to devour RoomHate right now. And I need to fit in a book club book in the next week. Can’t take it!

Tessa February 15, 2016 at 3:43 PM

All those comments about unusual covers, and nothing about Out of Focus? I pre-ordered that based on the cover alone and I don[‘t even like the color orange.

Tessa February 15, 2016 at 3:44 PM

Oh and bought Roomhate. Maryse’s “Not dirty sexy-jerk… just mean and hateful.” sold me on it. “D

marina February 15, 2016 at 3:45 PM

Dawn of Forever is out in a few days on the 18th. Perfect time to read End of Day and Middle of Knight!!!!! Dawn of Forever is the final book! Woo-hoo!!! Can’t wait!!!

marina February 15, 2016 at 3:46 PM

me too Tessa. one-clicked right after I read that. what does that mean??? Bullies?

Tessa February 15, 2016 at 3:49 PM

I love bullies though! (books only) They are guaranteed angst. :D

Theresa February 15, 2016 at 3:54 PM

Just finished Hiw To Save A Life. It was great so unique and of course the writing is always perfection.
Onto The Lie. Did you see- The Debt is coming out in fall- can’t think of who, if this another in series.

Amy February 15, 2016 at 4:04 PM

The cover for Out of Focus is beautiful, and I totally skipped over and missed it because I was so excited about The Lie and Roomhate…thanks for getting my “focus” back on it, Tessa. *snort* Okay, I know, that was cheesy and just BAD but whatever. I’m all out of sorts today. Out. Of. Sorts. So forgive my stupid puns, m’kay? ;)

Speaking of covers, is this *supposed* to look like they’re p!ssing on the North Pole sign??

Tessa February 15, 2016 at 4:15 PM

The blurb says they are up to no good, so yes? And you are Out of Focus. If you are going to do puns, carry them to the end. :P

Fabi February 15, 2016 at 4:57 PM

I just read the blurb for Strong Signal and the author’s say: “*Strong Signal is a standalone, full-length novel with no cliffhanger*” Yipeeee!

Fabi February 15, 2016 at 4:57 PM

Amy February 15, 2016 at 5:04 PM

LOL!! Touche, Tessa. :P

Grey February 15, 2016 at 5:13 PM

Do you guys remember last week’s list reaction where I proclaimed that the list was *and I quote* “You’ve got to be sh*tting me?!!? This list looks to be absolutely ridiculous. I quit!”

I’m afraid I’m going to having to step up my profanity a bit this week… what dafuq is all this?!? I’m fully immersed in a writing collab at the moment… and my finger is twitchy!!!

Roomhate looks like all sorts of pretzel tummy brilliance! A new JR Ward?!?! ACK! Last Call… In fact, What the What!! all of the top 10 just look angstily delicious…bangs head against laptop!

Fabi February 15, 2016 at 5:29 PM

Grey: …bangs head against laptop!

Well, that’s one way to write. *note to self – try this*

Amy February 15, 2016 at 5:43 PM

*snort* Fabi…you and Tessa are on a roll today… ;)

Amy February 15, 2016 at 5:46 PM

You guys! YOU GUYS!!!!

Did any of you read it way back when? I read it not long after Thoughtless and HOLY FREAKING ANGST! It’s taboo with heartbreaking angst, and it just doesn’t let up from what I remember.

MARYSE! This one needs to be added to the I’ll-never-forgive-you list!!!!

Maryse February 15, 2016 at 6:05 PM

Maryse February 15, 2016 at 6:10 PM

But Amy….. RIGHT?????

How CLEVER was that freaking book? I mean… you know… *waggles eyebrows*

OMG she was a little bit genius with all that. Just sayin’

Amy February 15, 2016 at 6:17 PM

YES!! *jumps up and down and points at Maryse* That!!! THAT is the perfect reaction to that book!!

The sex-but-without-actual-sex-’cause-it-is-taboo scene?!? *thunk*

And the bee sting scene? “Stupid bees!” GAH!!! It was one of those “why can’t they just be together” scenes!!

I’m having so many flashbacks from that book and going nuts now because EVERYONE who loved Thoughtless needs this one!!! The butterflies in my tummy just smoked a sh!t-ton of crack!!!!

bev February 15, 2016 at 6:20 PM

Please tell me its kissing cousins and not siblings.

Jean February 15, 2016 at 6:21 PM

I never read it Amy. Is it just being rereleased or something? I preordered it of course based on your and Maryse’s reaction!

Amy February 15, 2016 at 6:24 PM

It was SOOOOO clever!!! I was dying while reading it because it just seemed SO FREAKING UNFAIR and the angst was killing me and then…and then…her brilliance body-slammed me!!!

IT WAS FREAKING AWESOME!!! Gah! I love the way that woman slays me with her stories!! :D

Jean February 15, 2016 at 6:27 PM

Wow Amy, you have me excited about this one!

bev February 15, 2016 at 6:33 PM

Though still makes me pause its not unusual in older historical romance. And it is still legal in the UK to marry your cousin. Of course if you look at the European royal houses many of them are related from cousins marrying.
Still makes me scrunch my nose up but something I have come across before in books.
But siblings? Vomit.

Amy February 15, 2016 at 6:34 PM

Bev, I can’t give anything away here. I just can’t! It’s one of those where you should go in as blind as possible…that’s how I did and WHOA!!

Jean…it was free on some platform a while back (WordPress? Scribd? I can’t remember which one) and then I *think* it wasn’t available for a while, but it’s being released as an ebook so now EVERYONE can experience it! :D

Amy February 15, 2016 at 6:39 PM

I’m sure you’ve heard of how it is believed the Pharaohs were married to and had children with their sisters, leading to all kinds of birth defects. :?

Anne February 15, 2016 at 6:46 PM

Ok starting RoomHate today!! That blurb and the fact its a standalone?? SOLD!

Oh and The Lie! Yes!! I’ve been waiting for this book since I read The Play.
So many great books! Love it!

Anne February 15, 2016 at 6:53 PM

Also one clicking Over You by H.M. Ward. Who doesn’t love a good retelling of Pride and Prejudice?

bev February 15, 2016 at 6:57 PM

Yes, Cleopatra did, right?
I am not sure I know the reasoning. In Europe I believe it was for political alliance and to keep the bloodlines royal.

Amy February 15, 2016 at 7:05 PM

I’m not sure about Cleopatra (wouldn’t doubt it though) but I had read that King Tut was believed to be the product of a brother and sister and that it was a common occurrence at that time in Egypt. It was for the same reason as in Europe, to keep the royal bloodline pure.

Fabi February 15, 2016 at 7:24 PM

It’s not just allowed in the UK. It’s also mostly allowed in the US
“First cousin marriage is allowed without restriction in 19 states, and with some restrictions in AZ, IL, IN, ME, UT, WI and NC (in North Carolina, while first cousins may marry, “double cousins” may not”

And as far as the ick factor, I think that mostly depends on whether the kids were raised closely together. It might even be icky with no blood relation at all if the two people were raised as adopted siblings. But then again, not icky at all if cousins who were born and raised in different countries. *shrug* idk right?

It’s hard to get a book to ick me out since I read Flowers in the Attic in middle school.

Fabi February 15, 2016 at 7:25 PM

*snort* I guess I shoulda said “It’s All Relative”

MichelleS February 15, 2016 at 7:40 PM

Another Heir of Fire question – this is t going to be like Anita Blake, where every guy falls in love with her, is it? Now we’ve got Aedion in the mix too? Come on! She better end up with Chaol.

Michelle February 15, 2016 at 7:51 PM

Got out of work at a reasonable hour due to snow but still yey! Sidetracked with Golden Son and Morning Star but moving on to my # pick The Man I Love.

Tessa February 15, 2016 at 7:51 PM

ROFL It’s not an Anita Blake WTF thing. Dorian!

bev February 15, 2016 at 7:52 PM

Uh-oh. That’d be a disappointment. I have the first book.
Also I have Red Rising and not sure what to think of Michelle’s reactions to the last, lol
Oh, and I have the Paper Swan after Maryse loved it, but just saw a comment about it being dark & her fingers. Not sure if joke or not.=-O o_O
Decided to go with my tbr and am reading Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger. Love the cover. But, man, is The Wrath & The Dawn calling me.

Tessa February 15, 2016 at 7:55 PM

Oooh! Ooooh! Oooh! Tijan announced on Facebook that Logan will be released March 28! *starts doing the happy dance*

Michelle February 15, 2016 at 7:57 PM

No Bev, read Red Rising! I loved the last book, it just had a few issues for me. I don’t think I’ve ever had a trilogy finish up for me where I 5* LOVED it. There’s always something…I’m picky.

Not Anita Blake at all but I love Rowan so really liked the direction. Chaol was boring ;)

Amy February 15, 2016 at 8:01 PM

I’m still team Mason but Logan is the awesome love-him-like-a-brother guy. YAY US!!! :D

Fabi February 15, 2016 at 8:06 PM

Logan? Did somebody say Logan? *heart palpitations*

Michelle! You can really picture Bev reading Red Rising? I could hardly picture her reading TLHoG. So glad you liked it Bev. Heads up…Red Rising is dystopian sci-fi. Oh, and, Pierce Brown, the author, is yummy. lol

bev February 15, 2016 at 8:10 PM

On another post I put a link to a post about English words that need to be invented for certain book feelings. In it she mentions Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold. Gave me a jolt of happy and now keep thinking of the book, even though just re-read it not long ago.
I want someone to read it. Lol. Just do. The Michelles I’ve rec’d it to. Maryse I want just for fun cause it, I don’t think, her usual.
So, if picking one book you want someone to read what book? And who do you think it fits and who for fun?

bev February 15, 2016 at 8:12 PM

I got to ask Fabi, lol. What is it about these books?

Jean February 15, 2016 at 8:23 PM

Logan….sigh…..thank you Tessa! You made my night! Remember girls, he’s MINE!

Jean February 15, 2016 at 8:36 PM

Roomhate took quite an unexpected turn……..anyone else reading it? Take back my prior statement….it’s nothing like Thoughtless so far! Maryse, you still reading it?

Michelle February 15, 2016 at 8:47 PM

Bev, I have Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold on my home page to read. I loved Without Words and Dancing on Coals was my fav book so far this year. I want to read all of her books so just you wait and I’ll get there soon :D

I can totally see you reading Red Rising. Come one people get out of your reading ruts! That would be a fun reading challenge. We pick a book for another person that maybe they wouldn’t normally grab.

Cheryl February 15, 2016 at 9:07 PM

RL got in the way and I haven’t finished Jockblocked yet so haven’t started RoomHate yet. :( So many good one’s on the list up there have me one-clicking.

Tessa, I’m liking the cover for One Day Soon too.

Now to watch the cast of Hamilton perform on the Grammy’s…

DG February 15, 2016 at 9:10 PM

Jean – just started Roomhate also….only 9% in and have all the angsty nerves tingling. *taking deep breathes to calm nerves*. Not sure if it is the book or the bad weather or both but I want to know what happened to make him hate her sooo bad. He is not holding any negative feelings back! Geez!

Maryse February 15, 2016 at 9:14 PM

I am, Jean. I’m halfway through. I just hit the unexpected turn. Or at least one of ‘em. ;)

And yes… for a while I wondered if it would be like Thoughtless, but so far, nope (but I’m liking it!!!)

Fabi February 15, 2016 at 9:28 PM

What is what about what books Bev?

Michelle, I you read as much (or more) variety than I do. Now, if I could only read as fast as you do…

Jean February 15, 2016 at 9:37 PM

Yep, that unexpected turn! I’m really liking it Maryse! Can’t put it down tonight. I’m at 70%. I am loving Justin’s relationship with that certain someone!!!!!

Grey February 15, 2016 at 9:53 PM

Y’all are busy discussing familial relationships and all so I’m just gonna tiptoe in and borrow Logan for a bit…

bev February 15, 2016 at 9:57 PM

Fabi, TLHG & Red Rising. As to why you couldn’t see me reading them. They are scifi which is not my usual for sure.
Michelle, fun or scary, lol.

Michelle February 15, 2016 at 10:07 PM

Scary fun ;)

Maryse February 15, 2016 at 10:18 PM

YOU GUYS!!!! Grey stole LOGAN!!!!!!

*snickers!* :P

*scampers back into blankie fort*

Tessa February 15, 2016 at 10:24 PM

Pfft, that’s fine. I got my Mason. *snuggles close to him*

Fabi February 15, 2016 at 10:25 PM

That’s why Bev. You’ve even said you’re not a fan of sci-fi. But please ignore me. After all, you liked TLHoG and that was Michelle’s suggestion too.

Tessa February 15, 2016 at 10:25 PM

Wait, Amy said it perfect. Logan is like the best little brother ever. I want him happy!

Fabi February 15, 2016 at 10:27 PM

*runs after Grey nudging Jean aside*
Come back here woman! He’s mi…ummmm, ours. Jean, I meant “ours”.

Fabi February 15, 2016 at 10:31 PM

Yeah, well, Tessa and Amy … I guess I wanna date your little brother. :P

Amy February 15, 2016 at 10:35 PM

*sets down The Lie*

That’s okay, Fabi…

It’s All Relative.

*licks Mason’s bicep*

*picks The Lie back up and continues reading*

Fabi February 15, 2016 at 10:37 PM

bahahaha hahaha Amy

I can’t wait to read that book when it finally comes out.

Amy February 15, 2016 at 10:40 PM

And I can’t WAIT for you to read it, Fabi! :D

Fabi February 15, 2016 at 10:42 PM

Jean, I swear, if Ricochet turns into Rainfall I’m hopping a plane to PA.

Grey February 15, 2016 at 10:48 PM

*giggle* I don’t want to ‘date’ him… I’m an equal opportunist today… Mason, Logan… The Kade brothers have got it going *ON*

Sorry Fabi, we had a really good head start :-p *cackle*

Maryse, you’re grounded by the way, I had Logan for like almost half an hour before you came in here and spoiled it by telling on me *pflbt*

I’m hitting pause on Ricochet, I’m liking it… but it’s early still and you guys are killing me with the Roomhate love!

Fabi February 15, 2016 at 10:50 PM

Roomhate love

hahaha why is everything so funny tonight?

bev February 15, 2016 at 10:52 PM

I would never ignore you….unless you were really chasing a teen boy down. Then I would totally cross the street and pretend I never met you.
Definitely not a genre I read a lot of. I thought it was very clever the way it worked in TLHG. You know if I had not seen it labeled as scifi I would of just thought fantasy and I probably have done that more than I think.

Fabi February 15, 2016 at 10:58 PM

Haaaaa my face hurts from laughing so much

Bev! Picture me as a teenage girl chasing the teenage boy — please — else I may have to cross the street and pretend I don’t know me too.

And, yul, TLHoG definitely read like a Fantasy/sci-fi mix genre. Red Rising is a sci-fi/dystopian/fantasy mix. :-)

Tessa February 15, 2016 at 11:12 PM

Fabi… *begins rocking on her feet* Logan just turned 18. You were saying about teenage boys?

Amy, um… you came to join us? *wraps her arms and legs around Mason, burying her head in his chest* Mine!

Amy February 15, 2016 at 11:39 PM

Fabi…yul? *snort* I agree…there are times when EVERYTHING is funny for some reason. I love times like that. ;)

Ohhhhhh Tessssssaaaaa…you can’t cover EVERY part of him. Let’s see what’s not covered by your spider monkey body…I can lick his legs, his middle back, his forearms, his… *eyes Mason’s a$$* Oh heck no, I’m not going near there with my tongue. :P

bev February 16, 2016 at 12:05 AM

Um, this is getting weird.
* backs out*
Maybe I will come back and meet some of you later at the courtyard.

Tessa February 16, 2016 at 2:08 AM

*Pbbbt* I’m happy with his front. You can have his back. Let’s take Mason to the courtyard!

Teri February 16, 2016 at 6:50 AM

Santino Hassel-one click…..

Fabi February 16, 2016 at 7:54 AM

yeaaa Teri. Another fan.

Cheryl February 16, 2016 at 9:02 AM

LMAO this morning at all your craziness last night with Mason & Logan, even though I have no idea who you are talking about!!

Off work today so plan to finish Jockblocked and start RoomHate. Yeh!! *snuggles in bed with cup of coffee and kindle*

Fabi February 16, 2016 at 9:13 AM

I am at the last 10% of Ricochet and making myself late for work because I can’t put it down. Great rec Jean!

Jean February 16, 2016 at 9:54 AM

Yay Fabi! Books always make me late for work! (Almost every day!) Lol!

So jealous Cheryl! I almost called out.. it’s rainy and dreary here.

Fabi February 16, 2016 at 10:51 AM

Me too Jean. I love to read in the morning while sipping some coffee. Never fails I get wrapped up in the story and eeek when I see the time has flown by.

Fabi February 16, 2016 at 10:59 AM

Michelle, @48% of Morning Start, I’m so sad. :-(

Maryse February 16, 2016 at 12:37 PM

I wanna read Ricochet so bad! I keep forgetting. GAH!

Maryse February 16, 2016 at 12:43 PM

LOL Grey! I just saw your “new-list freakout”. Tee hee!! This one is pretty rocking…

Michelle February 16, 2016 at 4:11 PM

Fabi, I loved him :( Such a beautiful send off though and powerful moment.

*dragging feet* ok I got Ricochet too. Everytime I come here I buy a book!

Fabi February 16, 2016 at 10:03 PM

lol Michelle. I do too and often more than one. I never bought more books than I could read until I joined Maryse’s blog. I know its illogical but I can’t stop. But, I’ve always wanted my own library, and now I have one on my Kindle. :-)