Thirteen of the Latest Bargain e-Books & Reader Recommendations – May 8th 2015

by Maryse on May 8, 2015 · 175 comments

in eBook Deals, News

FOUND US SOME goodies!!! And not just books, but stuff to read books ON!

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!! ONE NEW RELEASE & ONE SUPER-SALE TODAY (Saturday). BIKER BOOK FANS!!! (and also Susan Fanetti fans) rejoice!! Fire & Dark (The Night Horde SoCal Book 3) by Susan Fanetti been released! ——->

AND! Tarryn Fisher’s latest release Marrow is on super-sale today!!! Here is my review. I LOVED it!

AND!! Fear Me (Broken Love Book 1) by B.B. Reid is on sale today!!! THIS IS THE ONE I’m GONNA START! I hear he’s a real bully. LIKE REALLY. Eli found this super-sale for us (along with THIS pre-order —> Fear You (Broken Love Book 2)) and Tessa says: “Eli, excuse me while I squee. *squee* I did pre-order Fear You. Gosh, I adored Fear Me enough to read it twice and still love it.

The Kindles are on BIG sale again today!!

P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).

EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).

1. Kane’s Hell by Elizabeth Finn <— SOUNDS ANGSTY & TORMENTED ALERT!! Recent release and HIGHLY recommended by Kimmie!! “Hey Maryse. I finished Kane’s Hell a few days ago and can’t stop thinking about it. That thing was so good. Lots of OMG and WTH moments.” Yep… looks angsty! They were once best friends until something destroyed that. “Helene is smart, driven, and accomplished—her education and achievements a smoke screen hiding the frigid and fragile child wounded long ago. Kane is equally obsessed with his coping mechanisms—fighting … drinking … screwing … compulsively destroying himself one vice at a time.
  2. PUCKED by Helena Hunting <— WE CAN’T STOP LAUGHING ALERT! Cheryl and crew (all of ‘em! LOL!) LOVE it! Cheryl says: “…I LOVED Pucked too!  ;) I seriously was laughing out loud every few minutes!! The things that came out of Violet’s mouth-hysterical and that epilogue…OMG I was dying..the cape…I’m losing it again…” and Julie agrees: “I read Pucked as Twilight fanfiction and it is great – funny and sexy!”
  3. Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven <— SLOW BURN & MAKES AMY’S LEGS BOUNCE ALERT!! Amy is LOVING it. So is everyone else. :D She says: “Guys, I am about halfway through Bad Romeo and simply LOVING it! It’s going back and forth between the past and present (which I don’t mind when it’s done well like this is), and the anticipatory buildup to what happened before has me all anxious and bouncing my leg. And even the flashbacks for me have that slow burn We’ll see what happens with the last half, but if it continues this way then I *might* just have found me a 5 star! :D
  4. The Hook Up (Game On Book 1) by Kristen Callihan <— SUPER-HIT ALERT! Cheryl is enjoying this one, too! “I’m at about 60% in The Friend Zone and the “shenanigans” are getting good!! I’m loving Gray and Ivy.”
  5. Kiss the Sky (Calloway Sisters) by Krista Ritchie & Becca Ritchie <— on SUPER-SALE! Lauren says: “Kiss the Sky was so awesome!” and Andrea agrees: “Kiss the Sky is fantastic, but it is not the first book in the series. The first one is Addicted to You, Ricochet, then Addicted for Now. They are all great, but they should be read in order.”
  6. Until the End of the World (Until the End of the World, Book 1) by Sarah Lyons Fleming <— AMY IS STILL SAD ALERT! I remember when Amy was freaking out over this series, and guess what… she still is. ;) “Totally random musing here but I read the Until the End of the World series back in January and February, and I am still sad about stuff that happened in the second book even though the series ended well. STILL sad. WTH man?” LOL Amy… snuggle your manatee. ;)
  7. Surviving The Storm: Surviving Raine & Bastian’s Storm Boxed Set by Shay Savage <— MARYSE LOVES BASTIAN ALERT!! YES YES YES!!!! One of my favorite books in the world, bundled with it’s sequel that I still need to read for a ROCK BOTTOM price!! Elissa found it for us saying: “Maryse! I know a lot of folks here love Shay Savage. Just a heads up she has a boxed set of Surviving Raine and Bastian’s Storm on sale” and OMG it’s a MUST CLICK!! (Here’s my review of Surviving Raine) and Isabelle agrees: “OMG These books! THEY ARE SO SO SO good!!!!!! I couldn’t put them down. A box set for a buck! HOLY CRAP what a steal!
  8. CARNAGE #2: The Story Of Me by Lesley Jones <— #1 BROKE MY HEART ALERT!!! Julie insists I must not stop at book #1 (’cause I did). LOL! Saying: “Carnage #1 is is called The Story of Us and Carnage #2 is called The Story of Me. I loved the series – don’t stop at Carnage #1! Carnage #2 is a 5 star although you won’t believe me at the end of the first book. You need to read it Maryse!” (my review of book #1 Carnage)
  9. Tears of Tess (Monsters in the Dark Book 1) by Pepper Winters <— DARK READ ALERT!! Jean recommends this DARK read: “Highly recommend Tears For Tess in that genre…. haven’t completed the series, but loved the 1st book!” and Ash agrees! “Want a book where you can totally feel inside her head and fall for the guy?? Tears of Tess. The best I’ve ever read in this genre. Have you reviewed that one?? I could hear Tess laughing at Grace inside my head at times. I still enjoyed this book a lot and loved the fact that there weren’t useless scenes. Everything in it served to either develop characters or move the story forward.  Plus, there weren’t tons of endless and unnecessary unrealistic sex scenes…
  10. Thicker than Blood by Madeline Sheehan and Claire C. Riley <— One from a recent reader question, and so many guessed and LOVED it! Amy says: “Awesome book.”
  11. Lights To My Siren (The Heroes of The Dixie Wardens MC, Book 1) by Lani Lynn Vale <— LOOKING FOR MORE LIKE KA ALERT!! Kirsty LOVES it! “One of the best series ever. Read them over and over just like KA books” and Lisa agrees! “Totally love that someone else s this series as much as I do. And really enjoyed the new spin off too.
  12. Man Candy by Jessica Intro <— BOOK COVER MODEL ALERT!! & ON SUPER-SALE!! “When Ben Harris agreed to fill in as a cover model at an author signing he wasn’t sure what to expect, but women throwing themselves at him, numbers being stuffed in his pocket, and covert attempts at getting into his hotel room definitely wasn’t it. On the other hand, there is the hottie assistant he can’t keep his eyes off…”
  13. Stripped Bare by Tabatha Vargo & Melissa Andrea <— HE’S A STRIPPER ALERT!!The boy I used to be is long gone, and now I’m the Jack Hammer. Exotic dancer extraordinaire. The teaser and the pleaser. The paid for penis for play. I have to be these things to survive. It’s who I became when I lost her. But now she’s back, and I can’t decide who I want to be more.
  14. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas <— READ IT IN ONE SITTING ALERT!! Ali LOVES it!! “***AND Maryse, I totally recommend Sarah Maas new book, A Court of Thorns and Roses (a very different take of Beauty and the Beast). She’s mostly a young adult author, but this book is more of New Adult than anything! Read this in one sitting!!!

And for AUDIOBOOK LOVERS :P

For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>

1. AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! ——> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie). :D

Marion May 8, 2015 at 2:01 PM

The Hook Up is soooooo good like 5star good to me. If you liked The Deal you’ll LUV this one! On to Friend zone now!

Ali May 8, 2015 at 2:20 PM

If you guys like Bad Romeo, the second book, Broken Juliet was just released!!! Seriously love her writing.

Amy May 8, 2015 at 3:01 PM

Thanks Maryse. Thanks A LOT. I just snorted (loudly) in Starbucks over your “alerts”…right after taking a big gulp of my coffee. I now have coffee all over my top and my phone. Freaking awesome. :P

Ali, I have Broken Juliet downloaded and ready to go as soon as I finish up with Bad Romeo…which I am STILL loving!!!

Jean May 8, 2015 at 3:40 PM

I really want to read Bad Romeo, but I’m still bitter that I missed the sale price and I’m being cheap!

I bought Kiss the Sky and then realized it’s not first book in series… Argh! Definitely want to read Thicker Than Blood! I’ve been really good this week with my 1-click finger!! Lol!

Trying to clean up my TBR….. I’m reading Rebel by Elle Casey right now and liking it! Slow, slow build… and he’s a quiet brooder!!! Then promised to read Becoming Calder this weekend with a friend!

What’s everyone reading this weekend? Maryse??

Lauren May 8, 2015 at 3:45 PM

The Monsters In the Dark trilogy was bundled for $.99 last month…not sure if it still is though. I love all three books!!!

Tessa May 8, 2015 at 4:14 PM

Still reading Without Words. It’s been busy, especially having to shop today for fun stuff. Almost done (88%) and really liking it. A little slow in spots, but the characters are seriously well developped and the H/h together is so fun. Really, really slow burn, but even before it happened, they were cute and fun together.

bev May 8, 2015 at 4:21 PM

Amy, it sounds like one of those commercials for medication. If you are experiencing random sadness, anxiousness, bouncing legs try ……..

bev May 8, 2015 at 4:32 PM

Jean everything. I feel so behind on my reading. Lol. For the first time in a long time my tbr is calling to me louder than new books. Now just need to read them.

MichelleS May 8, 2015 at 4:36 PM

Have no clue what to read next. After Rejar everything is so meh…. I read a few first chapters…. then I read the start of the next Matrix of Destiny and was hooked instantly – so I guess that’s the answer. These books have been around for ages, but somehow I missed them. This is what I loved for years so I am a happy camper. Will have to get back to the real world eventually. Gian Ren here I come…. (another Familiar Tessa!!!!)

Tracy May 8, 2015 at 4:59 PM

I finished Bad Romeo and Broken Juliet last week and just loved them. I have also been reading The Addicted series and loved Kiss the Sky. Next for me in that series is Thrive but I am also trying to stick with my TBR list but it’s been difficult with all of these new releases. Grabbed Never Never last week when it was free and now I’m waiting for part 2. I think I am going to start Black Rain by Jettie Woodruff another freebie I got awhile ago. This is a new author for me.

Tessa May 8, 2015 at 5:10 PM

*grins* Finished Without Words and have a big smile on my face. It really did have a perfect ending. Thank you Bev! I want Caroline’s story. She was awesome.

MichelleS, that one is good, though to me, none compete against Rejar. The book you’re reading had a paperback that won best cover, but looked to me like the heroine was trying to tickle the hero with a key. *grins* Still, great book.

Tessa May 8, 2015 at 5:11 PM

Amy, the sad still sounds familiar. I still cry over Bright Side.

Jean May 8, 2015 at 5:39 PM

I’m still too scared to read Bright Side! Yep, I’m a big chicken!

Christine May 8, 2015 at 5:54 PM

I grabbed Puck on a whim a few days ago. It’s good! I didn’t realize it was a romcom, but it definitely is and I’ve LOL quite a few times. I love good romcoms. They usually are 4-4.5 ratings for me. They remind me of eating a great desser. Sometimes skipping a full course dinner and just having dessert is just what I need. I eat these books up!

Christine May 8, 2015 at 5:55 PM

*dessert

Jennifer May 8, 2015 at 6:45 PM

Finished Pucked last night and haven’t picked a new book to start yet. I really liked it I was reading while my husband tried to nap…he kept telling me to be quiet because I kept giggling! I have to trim down my TBR list…at almost 400 books it’s getting ridiculous…still doesn’t stop me from reading this blog daily for any new “can’t miss” books though!

Michelle May 8, 2015 at 7:21 PM

Oooo A Court of Thorns and Roses is going to be my next read after I finish another scifi romance from my tbr. I know what you mean Jennifer about needing to trim down our tbr lists. I’m *trying* to read every other book now from my tbr…let’s see how long that lasts though with all these great lists Maryse has!

bev May 8, 2015 at 7:36 PM

I have been wanting to read Sarah J. Maas.

bev May 8, 2015 at 7:43 PM

Tessa I had missed your previous comment. I forgot how fast you read. Big smile here. I was a little worried, it is a slow book, so very happy you liked it. I’ve read 3 of hers so far and enjoyed them all. Eyes of Silver Eyes of Gold was my first and favorite so far.
I like that her heroes, in one’s I’ve read, are the strong silent type and the heroines are just as strong.
The brother though. That scared me. But loved the dog,lol.

Cheryl May 8, 2015 at 7:50 PM

Amy, I’m jealous you’re reading Bad Romeo and Broken Juliet. I read them as a fanfiction and loved them!!

Just finished The Friend Zone and I liked it more than The Hook Up. There was more angst and more of a slow burn with their friends to lovers relationship. Hoping there will be a book 3, with maybe Fiona and Dex?!

Jean, that’s the big question. Not sure what I’m reading next, although I *should* finish Falling Away and then Aflame, but then I have been known to squirrel… ;)

Cheryl May 8, 2015 at 7:53 PM

Speaking of squirreling, has anyone read Never Is a Promise by Winter Renshaw? Sounds angsty.

Lori May 8, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Cheryl, Dex and Fiona’s book is being written now, for possible Fall release. Yah!

Tessa May 8, 2015 at 8:48 PM

Bev, the dog was beyond awesome. As I said, a perfect epilogue that made me grin. What I did love, though, sure he’s the strong silent type, but because she literally can’t talk, he can’t help but talk to her. That got me more than anything. That and the “I actually understood that!” lol That was funny in a very unexpected spot.

Now reading a quick less than 100 page read: Spearwood Academy 6

Jennifer May 8, 2015 at 8:52 PM

Michelle that’s my plan too…one old book purchase then one new….that will be the plan anyway! Heehee

Tessa May 8, 2015 at 9:38 PM

And done. That was a filler book. That’s the problem with these serial books. Sometimes they are just a find out info book because the length can’t give you more substance. Ah, well. It’s a KU book. *grins*

Now, to finish The Blood Destiny series. I’m on four out of five. Yeah!!

bev May 8, 2015 at 11:15 PM

We all should do a read a thon on here sometime.:-)
Of course I’d maybe finish one book and then fall asleep in the middle of it. Tessa & Michelle could probably finish 10 in 24 hours.

Tessa May 8, 2015 at 11:24 PM

Hahaha The book was really short. It went to location 667, and about 150 of that was filler. Tiny, tiny book, but since I don’t pay for it, I’ve no problem keeping up. *grins*

Maryse May 9, 2015 at 7:45 AM

LOL Amy!! I’m sorry I made you do that in public!!!! No I’m not. :P

Maryse May 9, 2015 at 7:46 AM

You guys… my mommy is here!!! And I’m getting ready to go on my book convention trip, but I’m here… not far at all.

Maryse May 9, 2015 at 7:47 AM

OMG Lauren what a great price, but it was back to almost $10 when I just checked.

Maryse May 9, 2015 at 7:47 AM

Thank you Ali. That book looks AWESOME. I included it in the list. :D

Cheryl May 9, 2015 at 8:18 AM

Lori, yeh I’m putting that one on my wish list!!! :)

MichelleS May 9, 2015 at 9:12 AM

How did I miss Bad Romeo? It’s fairly recent and you all loved it? Where was I? It sounds great. I just read the amazon blurb. I wonder if it’ll go on sale soon?

bev May 9, 2015 at 9:43 AM

Maryse your mom is going with you? How fun. You ladies should totally meet up with the Scandalicious blog ladies, Scandal, Teena, and Lola. Lola is coming from Canada, lol.

MichelleS, I bought BR when on sale and have not read it yet because of $ for second. That’s a lot, for me, for an unknown author. Even before ebook low pricing I’d try the library, book sales, used book store first, lol.

Michelle May 9, 2015 at 9:56 AM

Ok The Court of Thorns and Roses so far (only 20% in) is soooo good and I want to keep reading but I have to do some stuff for work today. I completely get what you are saying Ali about not being able to put it down though!

Anne May 9, 2015 at 10:16 AM

Hey guys! I am reading Ruined by LP Lovell and really liking it! He’s a total manwhore and not ashamed of it lol

I should read Tears of Tess. I’ve seen it around but never picked it up. Also Court of Thorns and Rose sounds very interesting! I’ve never read anything by this author. Is it PNR?

Tessa May 9, 2015 at 10:35 AM

I am waiting for a lot of overwhelming reviews before touching Court of Rose and Thorns. Maybe my library has it. :-)

Anne, I loved Tears for Tess. I read it solely due to the name of the character, but just adored it. I still have to read number two still. I’ve no idea why I haven’t. Maybe because the first was so good, I’m scared to ruin those happy thoughts?

I started Blood Politics yesterday and I was so tired, I only got three chapters in.

fabi May 9, 2015 at 12:25 PM

I’ve had A Court of Rose and Thorns on my wish list forever. It keeps getting bumped back by new reads. :-( Now that some of you are reading and loving it, I have to make a real effort to read it next. Except, I have 2 new releases coming out Tuesday. Waaahhhh

Hey so when is the RT convention? It isn’t far from where I live but if it’s next week it’s going to be impossible for me. More waaaahhhhh.

bev May 9, 2015 at 1:01 PM

Fabi, think it is. Like T-Sun.
It would be fun but if being honest that many strangers would be overwhelming. I’d probably spend more time out site seeing Dallas, lol.

MichelleS May 9, 2015 at 1:46 PM

I have plans Thurs and Friday – but it’s only a half hour away!!! I have to figure out how to get there Saturday. Are you still there Saturday, Maryse?

Anne May 9, 2015 at 1:46 PM

Tessa I’ll try and read Tears if Tess soon :) I know what you mean about sequels. I am always scared they won’t live up to expectations but I’ve encountered a few surprises (like The Mistake)

Loving Ruined!! Hugo is so refreshing!

MichelleS May 9, 2015 at 1:52 PM

Oh man, you guys are KILLING me. I checked out Court of Thrones and Roses and what do you know? It’s about the FEY!!! You know me and the fey – long-standing love affair there. How can I resist? My only hang-up? It’s listed as Teen Romance! There better be some hanky panky, that’s all I’m sayin’.

Michelle May 9, 2015 at 2:26 PM

Done with work stuff and going to be lazy out in the sun and get back to A Court of Thorns and Roses. I seriously will probably polish it off in one sitting! I will update how it turns out…and if there is satisfactory hanky panky ;)

Eli May 9, 2015 at 2:26 PM

Fear Me by B.B.Reid is $0.99. The second book Fear You comes out 5/11/15.

Michelle May 9, 2015 at 2:30 PM

Oh and you had to bring up Until the End of the World which was totally sad and shocking in the second book. Ugh it hurt my heart – not fair!

Jean May 9, 2015 at 3:31 PM

Michelle, you have to keep us updated on a Court of Thorns and Roses….. I really am intrigued by that one!

I did the same thing, read Tears of Tess, loved it, got the next two books, and never read them. I seem to be doing that a lot.

So I’m reading Becoming Calder and it is so different from the other books in this series. Not at all what I was expecting. Anyone here read it? I’m only at 22% so….

Tessa May 9, 2015 at 4:36 PM

Jean, I think the ending of Tears of Tess made me want to not read more. However, I know I’ll love Quintessentially Q.

Anne May 9, 2015 at 5:45 PM

Jean I’ve read Becoming Calder and Finding Eden and loved both! Yes they are very different from the rest of the series (especially Becoming Calder) but that’s what I liked about them :) Hope you love them as much as I did.

Just finished Ruined and really liked it! Hugo is the type of jerk you can’t help but love. He has a great heart although he hides it pretty well. I give this book a 4.25/5

Anne May 9, 2015 at 7:04 PM

I am starting Tears of Tess :D I’ll let you guys know how it goes.

Maryse May 9, 2015 at 7:05 PM

Eli and Tessa…

I’m starting Fear Me tonight. I JUST GOTTA!!!!

Tessa May 9, 2015 at 7:34 PM

Double, maybe even triple squee. Anne, definitely tell me how it goes. Also, yeah! Maryse is reading the insanity that is Fear Me! Both insane books that just make my gut wrench but keep my eyes wide open in Ooooh!

Cheryl May 9, 2015 at 7:55 PM

So I squirreled. Re-read The Resistance and am now almost finished with book 2-The Reckoning. Hot, rock star and strong female h. Met in Vegas. Book 2 definitely has more angst. Loving it, basically all I’ve done today is read!! ;)

Cheryl May 9, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Fear Me sounds really good!! One-clicking that one!

Amy May 9, 2015 at 9:39 PM

Yay for Tears of Tess!!! I read all three of the books…I had no idea where the second was going to go after how the first one ended, but I really liked the suspense that came from where it DID go. The third was just okay for me, but I would say if y’all liked the first then you would probably like the second as well…it didn’t ruin the feels from the first one for me at all. ;)

Starting Broken Juliet now! Bad Romeo is *almost* a five star for me. Almost. That may change to a full-on five stars after I read Juliet. I know, that probably doesn’t make a whole lot of sense buuuuuut there it is, so whatever. :P

Anne May 9, 2015 at 10:59 PM

Cheryl you know I love rock star romances! Adding them to my never ending TBR pile lol

Tessa I am kinda excited about this series! Squeee

That’s good to know Amy! I really like the premise of Tears of Tess and I have all 3 books so hopefully I like them!

Anne May 9, 2015 at 11:00 PM

Oh forgot to add! Amy yaay for the Romeo/Juliet series! I loved both books. I give the series a 4.5/5 :)

Tessa May 10, 2015 at 12:14 AM

Anne, I’m feeling kinda dumb. All those dark reads, and I didn’t mention Fear Me. It’s not the same type of dark read (capturing someone) but it is still dark and made me eep a lot. It’s also twisty, which is why I’m so excited over Fear You. *starts jumping again in excitement*

Antonella May 10, 2015 at 12:19 AM

I’ve read Tears of Tess and Quintessentially Q but haven’t been able to start the 3rd in the series as I was quite happy with how it ended. I’ve got it but with so many books in my TBR finding it difficult to start.

I just finished Ahead of the Darkness/Out of the Darkness by Simone Nicole. I now have a book hangover, highly recommend. He’s a sexy Scotsman and the quick witted banter between the two leads will make you read in one sitting.

Ali May 10, 2015 at 1:28 AM

Thanks Maryse for adding Court of Thorns and Roses! Definitely I had no regrets staying up late for this one.

Michelle let me know what you think after you finished reading it, I felt there was ample amount of romance and action to keep me entertained ;) . Can’t wait for the second book already, I might have a teensy crush on the side antagonist heh

Anne i say the genre is fantasy.

Everyone if you want a book to read after Mother’s Day, drop everything else and read this.

Anne May 10, 2015 at 1:44 AM

Tessa ohh Fear Me sounds good!! Kinda scary but good lol And that cover! I’ll read it soon! When’s the second one coming out?

Ali I haven’t read a fantasy book in so long but I’ve read great reviews and now with your rec I am adding it to my TBR pile :)

Niki May 10, 2015 at 1:56 AM

Reading Fear Me again… I’ve probably read it three times!! So excited for Fear You!!! Also picked up the sample for Spencer by Kerry Heavens…Has anyone read it??

Tessa May 10, 2015 at 2:02 AM

Hrm, I saw my library will have Court of Thorn and Roses soon, though with a probable wait. Like, a really LONG wait.

Anne, Fear You comes out Monday. That’s why I’m going nuts. I was so curious, but wasn’t ready to buy it until someone raved about it. They said Jared but scarier and I was in, but then, I love Jared. :-)

Tessa May 10, 2015 at 2:06 AM

Niki. Spencer is a Kindle Unlimited and sounds like my type. I’ll try it.

fabi May 10, 2015 at 5:12 AM

A Court of Thorn and Roses has been calling my name for a while. I can’t believe we’re talking about it here note. Thanks Maryse.

Michelle, if you rate it anything above a three, I’m starting it next.

RT: Like MichelleS, I’m tied up until Sat. And like Bev, I’m not a fan of huge crowds. But I’ve attended enough conferences to almost get used to it by now. I’ll look up the RT lineup for Sat. Would almost hate to miss it completely. I mean, what are the chances this ends up so near your city right?

fabi May 10, 2015 at 6:01 AM

I’m just over 80% of Trust. It’s been a long time since a book has made me cry this much. Mostly happy emotional tears but this could just gets to me. I do wish I’d re-read the first two books before this one. Its been too long since I first read them and Trust picks up right where Take left off. So good. So so good.

Cheryl May 10, 2015 at 8:17 AM

Think I’m going to start Fear Me after I finish The Reckoning. Can’t remember if this was answered before, but is book 2, Fear You, the conclusion or is there going to be a book 3?

Cheryl May 10, 2015 at 8:17 AM

Happy Mother’s Day!!!! :)

Jean May 10, 2015 at 9:50 AM

Ok I really want to read Fear Me Now!

I was up til 1 am last night finishing Becoming Calder! It was so great! I loved it! As soon as I woke up this morning, I downloaded Finding Eden. This story is so good you guys! Sooo good!!!!

bev May 10, 2015 at 10:23 AM

Tessa!!! Capture by Penelope Reid is live. Maryse said so. It’s going to be a couple hours but this is my Sunday read!! Yay

Tessa May 10, 2015 at 10:41 AM

Cheryl, I think Fear You is the conclusion, but I can’t say for sure until after I’ve read it. *grins* Tomorrow!

Bev, thank you! I went on the site, and saw that post, and one clicked so fast, I think Amazon is still trying to recover. I have to read Blood Politics first. Two hilarious books back to back. Perfect for starting Fear You on Monday. Seriously, Blood Politics is hilarious. I was laughing out loud last night, and didn’t get to sleep until almost one.

Only bummer is, it was one o’clock and I didn’t plug my tablet in all the way, so it didn’t charge up at all last night. Grrr

MichelleS May 10, 2015 at 11:10 AM

I started Fear Me late last night. With the crazy weather we are having, I haven’t had a chance to pick it back up, but I am settling in now. It’s crazy so far. He is such a “blankety-blank-blank-blank” (pick your expletive) so far. All shrouded in mystery.

bev May 10, 2015 at 11:26 AM

I’ve thought I would try Fear Me tomorrow. But I’m afraid it will be one of those books I spend the whole time wanting her to throat punch him and run run run.

Cheryl May 10, 2015 at 11:46 AM

Ugh, I may squirrel again and start Attraction, since the series is now complete. Hmmm, college aged bully or high school bully- Fear Me?!

Tessa May 10, 2015 at 11:53 AM

*whistles innocently* Depends. The one in Attraction is fun, but it’s funny, not OMG scary. If you want bully, Fear Me is the best bet. If you want tear inducing laughter, Attraction.

Bev. Yes, yes you will. Also, her fear is perfectly justified. There are questions, but they are supposed to be answered in Fear You. Some seem obvious, while some, not so much. Still… A kick, a very strong kick, would be good too.

Amy May 10, 2015 at 12:22 PM

Happy Mother’s Day to all of the lovely mommies!!! :D

bev May 10, 2015 at 12:44 PM
fabi May 10, 2015 at 3:41 PM

Where is everyone? Celebrating Mother’s Day? I would be too but the weather here has curtailed our plans.

That means I’ve had extra reading time. :-)

After Trust I was in the mood for PNR but didn’t want anything too long since I have a couple of pre-orders coming in on Tuesday. I’m waiting to hear from Michelle on The Court. So I started one and it was a dnf after only a few pages in. Then I started (and finished) Angel 6.0: Concubine. Maryse had a link posted to it a few weeks back I think. It’s really short but also pretty good. It’s sci-fi romance. Although I’d call this first one sci-fi erotica because the romance hasn’t made an appearance yet. It’s the first part of a series but does not end on a cliffhanger even though it’s obvious the story will continue. I think I’m going to go ahead to book 2 while it’s still fresh on my mind.

Anne May 10, 2015 at 3:41 PM

Tessa I loved Jared too! I can’t wait to read Fear Me now!

Jean I told you! That book is great! And Finding Eden is the perfect ending to Calder and Eden’s story.

I am super excited about Capture! I didn’t read Heat because they said there was a huge CH at the end so now that Capture I am reading both now! After these I’ll start Tears of Tess :)

Oh and Happy Mother’s Day!

Tessa May 10, 2015 at 4:01 PM

Um beware on Fear Me. I always say I’d fall for Jared, but Keiran scares the crap out of me. Still, steamy, scary, and throat kick worthy.

Happy Mother’s Day everyone!

Michelle May 10, 2015 at 5:11 PM

A Court of Thorns and Roses…I’m still digesting…I loved it but I have problems with parts of the story. Some moments, for the build up, fell off a bit. It had such huge potential that not completely blowing me away feels disappointing ya know, but don’t get me wrong, it was still a great read and I will for sure continue with the series. I know some said this author is known for having weaker first books in a series in comparison to later ones. I’ve had Throne of Glass on my TBR for too long and after this one, I’m going to read it soon. It’s still an easy 4* for me but I initially thought it was going to be a 5* so that’s where a little of the let down comes from. If you like fey, fantasy, or fairytales this is right up your alley. Also it does not read as YA but like Ali said is more NA.

Now back to my TBR to dig out something but not sure what I’m in the mood for. I’ve gone from contemporary romance to scifi, pnr, fantasy…now what? A historical?

bev May 10, 2015 at 6:03 PM

Only 20% but really liking it.
Tessa, curious as to what you’ll think of Abram. One thing. The way the very beginning of this one is set up has me kind of wishing the first one had the same start. A way to show when they first met up to when we first met them. I do think people can fall hard and fast or that someone can leave a lasting impression on you in a very short time. But I do like that extra time to really feel with them.

bev May 10, 2015 at 6:05 PM

Michelle my library has the Throne of Glass ones. I do really want to try them. But right now my library stack is 8 books with 2 on hold. So want to read that down a bit.

Michelle May 10, 2015 at 6:50 PM

That series has a lot of great reviews too Bev. Maybe we can buddy read it when you get to them. Are you reading Capture? Now that they are all out, I will read them.

Tessa, so your comment about the Blood Destiny series got me remembering the free book I posted this month by Connie Suttle that I want to try and will start tonight. You’re talking about the Helen Harper books though right?

Fabi May 10, 2015 at 6:59 PM

I ended up starting Beneath the Stain. It’s an m/m that had rave reviews here last year. I’d dropped it in my tbr and I’ve been meaning to read it ever since. I didn’t mean to start a long book. But it caught my attention and here I am reading it. It’s weird scrolling through my tbr looking for something to read and not being able to decide on one. I put them there at some point because I wanted to read them. I think some of you go through that too when deciding what to read next.

Thanks Michelle, I still have to get to The Court. I do want to read it. A four star is always worth a read. I appreciate the feedback.

bev May 10, 2015 at 7:05 PM

“I had to pull a chain hanging from a ceramic box in order to flush it, which I honestly thought was exciting. I would have to make a special effort to keep from flushing the toilet for no reason.”
I just love her, lol.

bev May 10, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Michelle that could be really fun.
Fabi, all the time. I think I’ll read it right then and two years later there it sits.

Anne May 10, 2015 at 7:53 PM

Tessa thanks for the warning! I know this book is darker than Bully but you know I like a good dark read (still kinda scared lol)

I just finished Heat and so happy I waited till Capture was released to read it! I love Kaithlyn and totally understand where she’s coming from. Starting Capture now :D

Anne May 10, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Fabi that happens to me all the time! My poor Kindle is filled with books from one or 2 years ago that I haven’t read yet :/ And I keep adding more and more lol It never ends!

Fabi May 10, 2015 at 8:41 PM

Beneath the Stain is a gut clencher. It’s also long. I’ve been reading for several hours and am only at the 16% mark. Wow, I can’t believe I’ve let this sit in my tbr.

Tessa May 10, 2015 at 8:57 PM

Thank you Michelle. It looks like I’ll definitely be reading the Court book. I got that one when it was free, but you’re right. I am reading the Helen Harper one. OMG, it just broke my heart as it ended. Since it’s blood politics, well, stupid politics! Still, I’m loving it. I’m torn between starting Capture or just finishing the series with Bloodlust. Probably Capture just because I seriously want to read Fear You as soon as it appears, but Blood Politics ended in such a way that, OMG, my heart is all broken!

Bev, what book are you reading with an Abram?

You’re welcome Anne. I figure it’s the best way to describe it.

Tessa May 10, 2015 at 8:59 PM

Dang Fabi. Good luck with a long gut clencher. Those usually have me standing up, walking away, griping, and then getting back and reading it.

Decided on Capture. I don’t want to stop when I finally read Bloodlust.

Fabi May 10, 2015 at 9:16 PM

Yup Tessa. I’m getting up to make popcorn, pour a tall coke and rent Fifty Shades. Break time. Although that may not be the best choice of movies for a break. Lol

Tessa May 10, 2015 at 9:27 PM

It might be a fun break? *grins* Though, still kinda gut wrenching.

Bev! I just saw the mention of Abram. I get it now! *smacks her own forehead* I’m at 9 months post, so… Yeah, just started.

bev May 10, 2015 at 10:10 PM

I’m not sure about her snack choice, lol. I mean I like cheese puffs & I like nutella. But cheese puffs dipped in nutella? …..:-\

Anne May 10, 2015 at 10:35 PM

I am at 8 months post. So yeah a long way to go still :)

Tessa May 10, 2015 at 11:04 PM

Okay, this is awesome:
“We were both adulting like adult adults who behaved like adults.”

fabi May 10, 2015 at 11:32 PM

Ugh, that movie was horribly miscast. Then again, I doubt it was easy to find actors for the lead roles.

Tessa May 11, 2015 at 12:21 AM

Awww Though, the male actor never seemed like an alpha male type to me (a little too weak). However, still haven’t seen the movie, so I can’t say. Read some angst instead. Maybe one of them will seem more alpha.

MichelleS May 11, 2015 at 7:58 AM

I am reading Fear Me. Did someone say it was Twilight Fan Fiction? Was this the one? because now I am making all kinds of comparisons!!! Someone tell me if this is what you were talking about a few days ago with Twilight Fan Fiction so I stop doing this!!! He’s such a jerk. I mean seriously a jerk. So I guess I could see that whole “Edward hates me” thing happening? Is this going to have some PNR twist eventually?

bev May 11, 2015 at 8:36 AM

Fabi, haven’t seen it. I had read that some thought Dakota did great but Jamie not so much. I never finished the book so can not say how he is suppose to be but thought he did a really good and creepy turn in The Fall. Some have guessed he just was not comfortable in that role or with the lifestyle portrayed.
My concern when ever romances are adapted is the dialogue. In the book I can believe it while in my own world but if I think of a *real* person saying it it gives me pause, lol.

bev May 11, 2015 at 8:38 AM

You know what gives me pause in books? When the hero uses a lot of emoticons. I’m always thinking do mean really use a lot of these?

MichelleS, I’m not sure but think it was the Bad Romeo that was the fan fic.

MichelleS May 11, 2015 at 9:03 AM

Michelle – “a historical”?,,,,,, did you ever read MacCoinnich Time Travel series (3 books) by C. Bybee? It’s kind of all that wrapped up in one (PNR, historical, fantasy). Oldie, but goody. Another favorite… Lord of the Islas, by D. Mazzuca. It’s very K. M. Moning like…. time travel, highlanders, fantasy element – yay! Anyway…. just some of my faves. :-)

fabi May 11, 2015 at 9:06 AM

Right Bev, I don’t usually watch romance book adaptations on screen. Weird that I’ve seen 2 in the last month and also the same 2 in the last 10 years or more.

Jamie was extremely bad casting. He could not ever be imagined to fill that role. Oh well, if they keep the same characters I doubt I’ll see any of the next ones.

I’m struggling a bit with Beneath the Stain. I have a hard time understanding the undercurrent and the obscure meanings behind the dialogue. Even though it is apparent that I’m supposed to catch on to some meaning, I can’t figure out what it is. I guess I feel like the dialogue is too vague for me to really capture the undercurrents. Its frustrating.

fabi May 11, 2015 at 9:07 AM

Oh and yeah, some men use emoticons. Maybe not as extensively as women do, but depending on the person’s personality, they sure do.

MichelleS May 11, 2015 at 9:09 AM

Bev – oh good – because if you start looking for it, you can make almost anything Twilight fan fiction! It’s in a high school, he has his posse, including a girls who wants to be her friend, and he’s a jerk to her, it takes place in a town called “Six Forks”, he’s being raised by an uncle? they give each other weird looks… I swear, I can make it fan fiction!!! LOL

Jean May 11, 2015 at 9:10 AM

I haven’t watched Fifty Shades yet….. afraid it will ruin the book for me!

I can’t stop thinking about Becoming Calder and Finding Eden!!!!!!! Read both books over the weekend……AWESOME!!!! Didn’t realize it was about a religious cult when I started it! Both the H and h are amazing. These books were filled with hope and resilience! Cried like a baby with Finding Eden….. tears of sadness and joy! Please read them guys! I almost loved them as much as Archer’s Voice and that’s saying something!

fabi May 11, 2015 at 9:12 AM

Awww Jean. That sounds awesome.

I haven’t read Archer’s Voice yet. *blush*

bev May 11, 2015 at 9:15 AM

Fabi but I love a good Rom com & romantic drama. Of course there are some adaptations I adore. Any Elizabeth Gaskell. Seriously ladies North and South. The P&P miniseries, etc.
It doesn’t seem like there are as many Rom coms. Like the old Meg Ryan Julia Roberts ones. Miss those.

fabi May 11, 2015 at 9:25 AM

Exactly Bev. Those were pretty much the last I remember watching.

Jean May 11, 2015 at 9:26 AM

What Fabi?!?!???!!! You MUST read Archer’s Voice! Must, must, must!!!!!!! Please!!!! I know everyone here will agree with me! And I changed my mind, I loved Becoming Calder and Finding Eden as much as Archer’s Voice. I can’t stop thinking about them!

So, I went back to my TBR and started The Kane Trilogy…… it’s taking me back to those original series that came out with the alpha dominating male! I’m loving it! Lol!!!

fabi May 11, 2015 at 9:29 AM

Yes, I will! I’ve been slowly but surely working my way through those oldies but goodies. Its top of my tbr.

fabi May 11, 2015 at 9:30 AM

Gah! The Kane trilogy. Another I’ve been wanting to read.

MichelleS May 11, 2015 at 10:36 AM

Fabi – seriously? you missed Archer’s Voice? I LOVED it. Move it up to the top of the list. You won’t regret it.

Are you sure Fear Me isn’t Twilight Fan Fiction? *** potential spoilers *** She hooks up with “Jesse” while Kieren is “away”, but he’s more like a best friend to her. He comes into their “territory” aka football game and takes her away and rescues her… hmm…… and Kieran wants to “know her thoughts” so he reads her journal…. hmm….. this is sounding familiar. ARE YOU SURE??? Am I reading too much into it?

bev May 11, 2015 at 10:40 AM

Lmao MichelleS. *shrug* I don’t know. Most that are I never see the connection. If he glitters you’ll know.

Anne May 11, 2015 at 12:02 PM

Archer’s Voice is amazing! I just love all of Mia Sheridan’s books! I still need to read

Anne May 11, 2015 at 12:05 PM

Oops pressed submit early :P

As I was saying I still need to read Kyland. Has anyone read it?

Finished Capture and all I have to say is that I LOVED this series. I am so sad it ended! Kaitlyn and Martin are perfect for each other and really enjoyed watching them grow. Penny Reid knocked it out of the park :D

fabi May 11, 2015 at 12:18 PM

Haaa Bev! I so needed that comedy break. Too funny.

I’m taking another break from this gut wrenching book. Wow. I don’t know why, but I wasn’t expecting it to be like this.

Really, the m/m stories are the modern age Romeo and Juliet ones. I’ve always been open minded and basically wondered what all the fuss was about with gay rights and all that. But, I never stopped to wonder how difficult it is for people who are not mainstream in some way to just be allowed to live a normal human and humane life. These books are fiction, I realize that, but they portray a dramitized version of what real life is like. Heartbreaking. Inspirational. Gut wrenching. Those are all terms I freely use for these romance reads. The most unique ones I’ve found so far.

Tessa May 11, 2015 at 12:39 PM

MichelleS, if nothing else, fanfiction or not, you are sure enjoying it, which makes me all happy!

It’s alright, Fabi. I haven’t read it Archer’s Voice too. I think the word hermit hero just makes me shy from books. :/

Back to Capture. I knew this would happen. I’m enjoying a book too much to stop and read Fear You. *sighs* But Capture is seriously funny and emotional both at the same time.

Anne May 11, 2015 at 2:48 PM

I am reading Fear Me. I just couldn’t help myself lol. So yeah Keiran is pretty scary! But liking this book so far :)

Anne May 11, 2015 at 2:49 PM

Tessa Capture was amazing! I couldn’t put it down once I started so I know how you feel :D Martin is swoon worthy in this one!

Anne May 11, 2015 at 2:50 PM

Sorry for so many posts, but I wish Penny wrote about Abram. I really liked his character and want to know more about him!

Amy May 11, 2015 at 5:06 PM

Capture is out?? YAY! Now I can start the series! Wait…we are talking about the Elements of Chemistry books, right?

Oh Anne… *shakes head* You are in like company here with a giant TBR list that you just keep adding to. TRUST me. ;)

Bev, I actually read JD had stated that he was uncomforable with doing that stuff to a barely-clothed (or naked) Dakota Johnson because he would never think of doing that to a woman or something to that effect. Ummmm, yeah…let’s just take a role that we can’t fully get into. *eyeroll*

bev May 11, 2015 at 5:21 PM

Amy not a spoiler cause they tell you in the description but he does horribly horrible things to women on the fall. But doubt he watched people doing it, lol. Which he did for 50.

Amy May 11, 2015 at 5:21 PM

Jean, I actually have Becoming Calder already so I just moved it up on my list…how can I *not* move it up when you are that excited about it???

Fabi! You have to read Archer’s Voice!!! Have to!! I was one of the people holding out on it (no idea why), and when I finally read it I LOVED IT!!!! So emotional but sweet and I fell in love with Archer. *dreamy sigh* I wish I could read it again for the first time!

bev May 11, 2015 at 5:25 PM

Speaking of creepy and Edward. ;-)
When in books the hero does that watching you sleep thing, does any one else think of Adam Goldberg as Chandler’s roommate on friends?
Gah, does anyone remember the book where the heroine would watch the hero and it kind of freaked him out? Lol.

Amy May 11, 2015 at 5:35 PM

Bev… *scratches head* So serial killing (had to look the show up) is okay but BDSM makes him uncomfortable? Pfft…vanilla!!!

Hey guys, I just came across a book called Red Carpet Day Job, and for some reason the first paragraph of the blurb is cracking me up. Yeah, yeah…I know I have an odd sense of humor, but come on!! Chickens? *giggle* Yeah, okay…so…ANYways… :P

Michelle May 11, 2015 at 5:49 PM

Oooo MichelleS thank you for those recs! I haven’t read any of them and they all look good! I’m actually looking for a good native american romance as well but that’s proving difficult. I added two others mentioned on here over the past week too (by Bev or Tessa I can’t remember): The Outsider by Penelope Williamson and Tempest by Catherine Hart (which I can’t find in ereader format?). I started a new pnr series that I may be reading for a while but a couple historicals are on my plate next. Oh and you would like Court of Thorns and Roses with your fey addiction haha AND did I spell out that you get some hanky panky too ;)

Anne May 11, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Michelle have you read Comanche Moon by Catherine Anderson? Its a great native american historical romance. Its one of my favorites :)

Anne May 11, 2015 at 6:00 PM

Lol Bev! That Adam guy was so scary!! Poor Chandler!

Amy I agree! I thought the same thing! I mean if he was uncomfortable then he should have turned down the part when he read the script. Its not like he didn’t know what the role entitled.

bev May 11, 2015 at 6:14 PM

Yay for the Outsider. Eyes of silver eyes of Gold the hero is half but lives with his white family. One of the reasons people shun him if I remember correctly.

Anne I think that was one of their best eps.

Tessa May 11, 2015 at 6:59 PM

I went to Amazon to remember some Native American books. Johanna Lindsey wrote Savage Thunder and then the follow up with their daughter, A Heart So Wild. Catherine Hart really needs all her books to be ebooks. Those were the best western romances at the time.

So, while I was looking, not sure how good it is, but I’m intrigued. Touch Me by Lousa Trent is about a witch who saves CIA operative John ‘Hawk’ Adams, gets into a relationship with him, and starts having visions of her ancestor who was captured by his Wampanoag ancestor. So… PNR native american romance?

Right now, happy book fog from Capture. It was so sweet and funny, which I kind of needed after Blood Politics. Fear You is next for me though! *skips* Once I’m out of my book fog.

Michelle May 11, 2015 at 7:53 PM

Thank you Anne and Tessa for more I have to add to my list. I may be reading historicals for a bit! How will I pick where to start lol?! I might be in PNR land for a while though since the Blood Destiny series has ten books and this might be a series glom for me.

Tessa May 11, 2015 at 8:10 PM

You’re welcome. I wish I could remember more, but the need to read those was sooooo many years ago. *grins* I remember reading a lot of Janet Dailey. She wrote one of the most depressing HEA romances I’ve ever read. (Not omg, my heart hurts, but more of, uh…darn, that sucks for you type depressing) That’s why I steered away from her.

Tessa May 11, 2015 at 8:11 PM

Oh, Constance O’Banyon. She wrote a ton of good books, and a lot of American native ones.

Cheryl May 11, 2015 at 9:46 PM

Jean with that recommendation I’m moving Becoming Calder up on my tbr list!! Thanks! ;)

Now back to Capture. Yeh!!

bev May 11, 2015 at 10:03 PM

This was fun. It tells you what P&P character you are. I’m Jane Bennet.

Anne May 11, 2015 at 10:12 PM

Lol I got Mr. Bingley!! Oh well he is cute nice.

I am really liking Fear Me but yes Keiran is much scarier than Jared! Sometimes its hard to believe they are HS Seniors!

Tessa May 11, 2015 at 11:36 PM

Hahaha, Amy, believe it or not, Fear You is NOT a disappointment. Normally, when the male POV comes into these, the whole fear and angst becomes dulled. You get the guy’s point, and it’s all going to a better place. So far, that is SOOOOO not happening. Sure, I get Keiran’s POV. I see his thoughts. I’m scared. Dude! He’s even scary in his own thoughts!

I got Jane Bennet. *grins*

Anne May 12, 2015 at 4:05 AM

Just finished Fear Me and oh wow talk about dark! I couldn’t put this book down! All those twists and turns shocked me! I can’t wait to read Fear You!

Jean May 12, 2015 at 6:42 AM

Aww, I hope you guys do read Becoming Calder! I am l loving The Kane Trilogy right now and then definitely reading Fear Me next!

Jean May 12, 2015 at 9:08 AM

I am having a love/hate relationship with Jameson Kane right now!!!

Michelle May 12, 2015 at 9:24 AM

I got Mr. Darcy! Whaaattt…oh well at least I’m the hot version ;)

I’ve read some O’Banyon Tessa and she does have some good ones.

Jean, I read that trilogy all in a row it was so good! Yes a love/hate relationship sums it up!

fabi May 12, 2015 at 9:36 AM

Woohoo! I got my two new releases in. Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Born of Defiance and Susan Ee’s End of Days. I’m so excited about both of these.

Now I just have to finish Beneath the Stain. I’m at 80% but man, it’s long. And I like long books. Sheesh. Maybe it’s because there is so little happy in this book. These characters make my heart hurt.

Amy May 12, 2015 at 9:42 AM

Jean, which book are you on right now? I had to take a break after the second one ’cause I was ready to slam my head on my iPad. Mostly it was because he was changing (for the better! :D ) and she was stuck in her “games” way of thinking and I wanted to kick her in the coccyx!! I *do* really like the series though and need to get back to it. *snort* Yeah, among others. ;)

Haven’t had a whole lot of reading time the last few days so I still need to finish up Broken Juliet, but I’m thinking Fear Me is next with all of the love it’s getting…sounds like it might just be a leg-bouncer!!

bev May 12, 2015 at 9:44 AM

Tessa, were Janes. :-)
And Anne is our Bingley. LMAO.

Michelle I think that’s kind of awesome your a Darcy.

bev May 12, 2015 at 9:45 AM

And that should be we’re.

Michelle May 12, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Amy weren’t you the one that wanted to read Under the Influence? It’s out and only .99 right now. I picked it up since it does sound good and angsty!

Michelle May 12, 2015 at 9:52 AM

Where’s my Elizabeth though? :( Haha come one, one of us has to get her!

Jean May 12, 2015 at 9:54 AM

Amy, I’m only on the first book, but have the whole series so hoping to read straight through (barring any distractions… Like Maryse’s list today)!! Ha!

Amy May 12, 2015 at 10:01 AM

Michelle, it’s out?!? *hugs Michelle and squeals* Everything just got bumped on my TBR list ’cause I’ve been waiting for that one since I first heard about it…the blurb alone made my heart clench!!!

Maryse May 12, 2015 at 10:01 AM

YAY!! I love being a distraction. LOL!! Well… not me… my lists. ;)

Maryse May 12, 2015 at 10:12 AM

Michelle!! Under the Influence sounds amazing! Thank you!!!

Amy May 12, 2015 at 10:14 AM

Jean, for me it was even more fun in the second book even if I wanted to throttle her at times. And Sanders…*sigh* Love that guy!!

Oh lord…my bank account is already bracing itself for the hit it’s going to take when today’s list comes out. ;)

Amy May 12, 2015 at 10:20 AM

“I loved you. I raged for you. I wept for you. And now, I’m letting you go.”

That…THAT right there!!!

fabi May 12, 2015 at 10:22 AM

Wow Amy. That’s some book. One quote and I stopped breathing.

Amy May 12, 2015 at 10:29 AM

Fabi, right?? Hehe, I wonder if I can pull a sick day by saying my chest hurts…boss doesn’t need to know it’s from a book. :P

bev May 12, 2015 at 10:53 AM

Michelle, she’s out there somewhere, lol.

Jean May 12, 2015 at 11:06 AM

What book is that quote from Amy? I want a sick day too!!! Now you have me excited about book 2 of my Jameson!!! Heehee!

Anne May 12, 2015 at 11:06 AM

Amy that quote is everything! Adding that book to my TBR pile :D

Starting Fear You today. I need answers!

Jean May 12, 2015 at 11:26 AM

Never mind…. Under the Influence…. I 1-clicked it immediately! Another buddy read guys?????

bev May 12, 2015 at 11:54 AM

Ladies, got to the new releases post and think of questions for RT. Lol.

Michelle you should for Darynda Jones & Illona Andrews. I’ve heard them interviewed and they seem like such fun.

Amy May 12, 2015 at 12:02 PM

That’s the one Jean, and I’m in for a buddy read!! I’m putting Juliet aside for now ’cause I have been waiting for what seems like forever for this one…which is probably only a couple of months but whatever!!!

I know Anne, that quote is enough to make me grab my manatee. I think I scared Fabi with it though. ;)

fabi May 12, 2015 at 12:36 PM

Lol Amy. Like I always say, you’re the one I’d like watching my back. Brave woman. ;-)

Amy May 12, 2015 at 12:51 PM

That’s right Fabi…I’d have your back with a martini in one hand and a stiletto heel in the other ready to throw at anyone who tried to mess with ya! ;)

fabi May 12, 2015 at 1:15 PM

*reaches back for a martini sip* yup, we can always count on Amy

Anne May 12, 2015 at 3:32 PM

I am up for a buddy read too :)

Fear You is so dark! Knowing what Keiran was forced to do as a kid is so disturbing! I need to stop for a minute and process all this new information.

Anne May 12, 2015 at 3:48 PM

Just 1-clicked Under the Influence :D

Anne May 12, 2015 at 11:59 PM

Just finished Fear You and wow these books were dark! I mean Keiran’s past is pretty disturbing and I had to stop a few times and take a break. Both book were great though! I can’t wait for Fear Us to come out! I need to know how Keenan and Sheldon’s story ends :)

Starting Under the Influence now.

Ash May 13, 2015 at 12:09 PM

OH MY GOD!! Just finished A Crown of Thorns and Roses. Looooved it. Whoever recommended that HUGE thumbs up. Its everything I didn’t even know I wanted. Is her other series as good as this? Have any other recommendations? I swear the past year I’ve been reading nothing but Contemporary Romance but this book makes me want to go back to my PNR roots.

Anne May 13, 2015 at 2:43 PM

That’s great Ash! I remember I used to read so many PNR books but now I am strictly reading Contemporary but I really want to read this one!

Cindy May 14, 2015 at 11:35 AM

Just finished Pucked and never laughed so hard!! Great book and loved the outrageous things that came out of Violet’s mouth – especially in the epilogue. Thanks for the great recommendation!!

Jean May 14, 2015 at 1:50 PM

Yay Cindy! It was so funny! I loved it too! Now, we have to get Maryse to read it!

Cindy May 14, 2015 at 6:39 PM

That is so true! You know when you stay up late and have to try not to laugh too hard so you don’t wake everyone up that its a good one! Enjoyed the hockey theme so much that I went on to read The Deal.

M'Leea August 24, 2015 at 5:01 AM

I just came across the mention of Sarah Maas… I had been meaning to read her Throne of Glass series, and kept putting it off thinking it is YA and sometime Pg13 can be a little slow-ish. Well, I have been RAVING about ALL of her books since!!!!!!!!! Shouldn’t have waited. Read all her books in a week. Got little sleep. I looooved that her character’s romantic relationships didn’t drive the plot and their sex life didn’t hold the story together. Friendships, courage, survival, absolute strength in adversity with a bit of sass on the side… This is an author whose stories are tightly planned and she delivers each time. She has amazing talent to weave and hide plot elements to enable surprise at that 75-80% mark on the kindle. I cannot rave enough. World building is wonderful – if you love the fantasy genre, you simply must go there.

M'Leea August 24, 2015 at 5:05 AM

Ps. The next book in the Throne of Glass series is due out in a few weeks – September!!! Yay! Not long now.