Next review coming up will be for Kathy Love’s “My Sister is a Werewolf” – fun read, and I could almost relate (‘cept for the “werewolf” part )
But until I finish my review, here is a list of news updates from our favorite authors:
While this isn’t a “tweet”, it is VERY newsworthy for us “Feverholics” -
Karen Marie Moning’s latest updates:
- Karen Marie Moning’s FeverCon registration is still open (until Aug 7th), and for those of you who are subscribed to her newsletter, she just emailed out an itinerary. Highlights are:
A concert with Neil Dover and the BloodRush Band featuring material from his new CD ShadowSong with special performances by Eric Etebari and Phil Gigante.
Signing featuring Karen. Gena and Kresley will be signing books as well. Bring your audiobooks for Phil and Natalie to sign. Eric will sign whatever you put in front of him *G*.
Saturday will also feature a Pink and Black costume ball with Eric as the judge!! — Eric = Barrons – I agree!
And TONS of great stuff interspersed (including writer’s workshops, “an interactive hour with Eric Etebari” and on Sunday, a Question and Answer session with Karen.
Ooooh I want to go to that soooo badly!!!
ALSO: Shadowfever (Mackayla Lane) is complete! “It came in at 192,000 words, 728 PAGES” (with a release date scheduled for Jan 18th).
OK so on with today’s “Tweets”:
- Laurell K Hamilton has completed 3 (very useable) pages on her latest “Anita” book. She has also blogged about “why this book is kicking the crap out of me”
- Katie MacAlister is currently finishing up a book! “Heading into the Big Finale today with a possibly shirtless Baltic”
- Jeri Smith-Ready is hosting a giveaway of $25 worth of WVMP goodies to celebrate new Simon & Schuster site and book —> Bring On the Night!
- Another “non-tweet” but a Facebook post instead by “Anne Rice“! She has quit “Christianity” Click to visit her Facebook wall and see what she has to say (quick quote below from her original post):
I remain committed to Christ as always but not to being “Christian” or to being part of Christianity. It’s simply impossible for me to “belong” to this quarrelsome, hostile, disputatious, and deservedly infamous group. For ten …years, I’ve tried. I’ve failed. I’m an outsider. My conscience will allow nothing else.
- Yasmine Galenorn has released her “Moon Daughters” web comic
- Ellen Schreiber will be book signing tomorrow: Book Signing July 31st, 2:00 PM Cincinnati, Ohio Barnes & Nobles - Fields Ertel
- Teresa Medeiros is hosting a TWITTER contest - Follow Teresa Medeiros by midnight 7/30 for a chance to win an ARC of The Devil Wears Plaid
- Anya Bast tweets a “little something” from the RWA convention:
1. Identify your core story. 2. Know your market. 3. Understand the importance of fictional landscapes to readers. Jayne Ann Krentz
- Lauren Dane is answering some frequently asked question on her blog. Send some questions her way! She also lets us in on what actors would portray her characters best (I LOVE when author’s do this – helps me visualize better ):I feel like I’m eavesdropping (she is answering these questions on Twitter with fellow followers) but this is SO interesting —> Follow her on Twitter to get more of this scoop and to be a part of her question and answer session. She tweets:
Since I’m talking influences for characters – Akio is totally Takeshi Kaneshiro in my head Roman is Daniel Craig Daniel is Eric Bana
Jude from Second Chances is Ryan Kwanten. Dix is Julian McMahon as Dr. Troy. Cade Warden is Benjamin Bratt.
Oh and Roman’s brother Alexander? Alexander Skarsgard at his arrogant Eric best.
Julian from the upcoming CAPTIVATED is Eric Balfour
Gibson is a little of Corey Reese and a little bit of Jason Momoa (he’s got dreds and facial hair)
Taye Diggs is one of the models in my head for Dominic (hero from my first Bound By Magic book)
(and Galen was, in part, modeled from Shemar)
- Lara Adrian will be “virtually signing” her next book “Taken by Midnight: A Midnight Breed Novel” (see her webpage for details).
More to follow as I find more cool tweets…
Want to read these tweets directly? Check out my Authors Who Tweet post, and make sure to follow them! It’s always good stuff!