Today’s Latest Author & Book News – October 1st 2012

by Maryse on October 1, 2012 · 25 comments

in News

Sooo much good news today!! And I MEAN GOOD! Indie authors getting signed, authors teasing us about their book releases, books on SUPER sale, this was a FUN list to compile! Oh!! What am I reading next? Hrmmm… I wonder…. ;) Tee hee!!

<————- THAT!!!!!!! Come on tomorrow!!! Why is it taking soooooo long…. *groooaannnn* Maybe I should just go to sleep right now? Right? That’s a good plan. 6:43pm sounds about right. Wake up at 3am… start reading. Hrmmmm.. I wonder how sleepless-zombie-like i’ll be.

Congratulations!!! to:

• M. Leighton who was just signed for her “The Wild Ones” series. She announced it on her blog! (this is also the same author who wrote “Down to You” that I enjoyed very much! (check out my review):

“… the announcement has been made by Berkley that we’ve reached an agreement for a three book deal to publish The Wild Ones as a series.”

“Self-published bestseller Bella Andre has closed a seven-figure deal with Valerie Gray, at Harlequin’s Mira imprint, for her eight-book Sullivan series.”
  • Laura Kaye just got signed for a FOUR book series by Avon publishing. I believe it will be for this series: Her Forbidden Hero Wooohooo!! Here is a quote about the news (also from Publishers Weekly!):

“Avon Romances Laura Kaye: In another big romance acquisition, Amanda Bergeron at Avon Romance acquired a four-book series by Laura Kaye, pre-empting world rights for six figures. … the series will follow a group of former military men who are, the publisher said, “all willing to do anything necessary to protect their women and the comrades they fought with.”

Fun Stuff:

• Sylvia Day TEASES US!!!! And I love it! She says: “Down to hours now… :)*squeeeeeeeeeee!!!* Because it reminds me that I KNOW what I will be reading tomorrow. Yes. I. Do. —> Reflected in You: A Crossfire Novel. That’s right. Gideon. Tomorrow. My pink & sparkly reading room. *giggle*
  • Jamie McGuire announced on her Facebook page <—-(KEY WORD RIGHT THERE) that we *might* get the Walking Disaster prologue early… if:

If we can get my FB page to 13,000 Likes by Thursday, ATRIA will release WALKING DISASTER’s prologue. Not just a teaser, folks! The entire prologue! By the last word, you will know this is not simply a repeat of BD. WD is packed full of new material! So share this status! Tell your friends! Tweet! Ready, set, go!

• Fifty Shades of Grey fans? Ian Somerhalder fans? Check out what he says in regards to the rumors… hehe. Interesting is his “key word”…
  • Abbi Glines (author of a few very popular series such as her Sea Breeze series, The Vincent Boys series, and her Existence series is giving away a Kindle!! Check out her blogpost for details.
  • Another Abbi Glines tidbit!!! Fans of the Sea Breeze series can look forward to yet another installment! “Just For Now” book #4, will be released October 23rd 2012 (Thanks Madison!). She says:
“This will be Preston Drake’s story. You meet Preston in Breathe as Marcus Hardy’s best friend. He is also in Because of Low and While It Lasts.”
“In regards to the fantastic awesome EIT Swag Pack Giveaway with hoodies and shirts and books etc, just wanted to make sure when you’re leaving a comment on the blog (which is moderated due to spam, so your comment won’t show up until I approve it) that you are ALSO entering on the rafflecopter widget. You need to select that you’ve left a comment (1 point) and leave your email address – I use Rafflecopter to do the draw, so if you just leave a comment, you’ll miss out! I’m just mentioning this because I only saw a few “entries” but many comments and the number should be equal! You need to do both. THANKS!”
  • OMG!!! One of our fellow readers (thank you Jodi!!!) just pointed this out to me. AN ADULT LUX BOOK!!!??? By Jennifer Armentrout!!!!!!!!? *thud* What is Lux? Why, it’s one of my absolute favorite paranormal YA series, that REALLY doesn’t read like a YA for some reason (even if it’s tame….) I LOVE THIS SERIES!!!

Obsession is more mature, definitely targeted toward the older crowd. It’s an adult romance, so you know what that means. Obsession will change what you think you know about the Luxens and Arums. There will be some crossover with certain characters from the Lux Series.Obsession takes place in-between Opal and the 4th Lux novel, which is called Origin.”

Bargains: Amazon is having a GREAT deal right now!
  • Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet: Book 1) by CJ Roberts (I loved this one and it’s sequel but it IS a “darker read”. Check out my review to get an idea ;) )
  • Lady Luck (Colorado Mountain Series) by Kristen Ashley (y’all KNOW I love Kristen!!!) She writes my kind of alpha males. Now, this is book #3 in the Colorado Mountain series, but can be read perfectly well as a standalone. But I’d recommend devouring them all. I LOVE this series! You know… Looking at those serene book covers, and the whole “Colorado Mountain” series sounds… calm. Wholesome. Heh. Don’t be fooled. ;) These are HOT and very bad-boy. VERY.
  • Collision Course by S.C. Stephens. I hear this one really tugs at your heart, and there was talk of crying… right off the bat! S.C. Stephens is the author of that sexy & SUPER-angsty rock-star “Thoughtless” series, and while this book is a whole different ballgame, I have a feeling I’ll love it too.
  • Take This Regret by A.L. Jackson —> I just bought this one!!! She writes good angst, too, and this book has been recommended to me a ton! I read her other book “Pulled” (and it kept me on the edge of my seat with fear for the heroine).
  • Intuition (The Premonition Series) by Amy Bartol – I haven’t read this one yet, but it is another that has been frequently recommended!

Madison October 1, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Abbi Glines’ *Just For Now* is actually being released on October 23 now! :) )

Maryse October 1, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Ohhh even earlier! Done and thanks!

Lise October 1, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Yay! Getting all set for Gideon’s visit tomorrow by rereading Bared To You. I love him even more the second time around *swoony-swoon*
Very exciting news about Ms. Armentrout’s adult Lux book… so looking forward to that!

Tiffany October 1, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Oh my…I can not wait I will giving all of my attention to Mr. Cross

Kirsten October 1, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Coffee is going to be my BFF tomorrow as I anxiously countdown the minutes until Gideon arrives.

Maryse October 1, 2012 at 6:36 PM

*squee*

Jeanette October 1, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Ack!?! You’ve not read Collision Course? Right up your alley. I could’ve sworn I read it based on your recommendation, lol. Nevertheless, you will love it when you read it :)

Julie M October 1, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Maryse, you will love Take This Regret! I thought you’d read it already… It’s a good read!

sandy October 1, 2012 at 7:19 PM

can’t wait for tomorrow and more Gideon,, afraid i wont get much work done,, ok better work first then read, :)

Kim October 1, 2012 at 7:39 PM

okay i preordered both Reflected in You and Laid Open sooooo cant wait . oh and Collision Course is AWESOME read it awhile ago and yes a real tear jerker!

i just found out I get the honor to get ARC copies this week of 2 new rock star romance books from two new authors I cant wait my first ever ARCS. Now back to Nicole Wards I Love You to Death soooooo heartbreakingly good

LizEly October 1, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Maryse I’m on the same page. I’m counting the hours till I get Reflected in you added to my Kindle. Yay Gideon. ;)

Maryse October 1, 2012 at 7:56 PM

I know you guys… some that I’ve already purchased and have been on my iPad for months.Have been on my TBR list as important. *sigh* I have a lot of reading to do. Pooooooor meeeeee…. ;)

hehe!!

Snowflake October 1, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Okay mr cross is all good! But go Ian somerhalder! i realyreallyreally hope he gets to play Christian!!!..*sigh* And Ian was totally blushing When they brought up 50! Hahah ….he would have too get some help with that if he’s gonna play Christian…cuz 50 do NOT blush. ;) …..hehe!

Takisha Bodley October 1, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Cant wait for Eva and Gideon….i re-read Bared to You over the weekend……too anxious!!!!!

Sara October 1, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Maryse… I CAN NOT believe you haven’t read Collision Course yet. OMG!!! Soooo good. SC is just unbelievably talented at story telling, and this one is no exception. But it will pull on your heart strings….a lot! I devoured everything she has written ( before I had my kindle) and I had no idea that her books weren’t actually available yet. I was completely surprised by this once I had my kindle. I don’t even know how I found them… Just googled her name and there they were on whatever reading site I clicked. I actually felt bad about this after asking her on her Facebook about them and finding out they weren’t released yet :(

Sara October 1, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Haha… I pressed send before I finished my thought. Anyways…. Since I have read all of her books let me tell you, the second they are released… READ READ READ! I can’t wait until you get to experience ” it’s all relative” I’m dying to know what you think about it. Since the subject is uh,well ….uncomfortable? Lol. And the guy….AHHHHH! Soooo hot :) ~

Takisha Bodley October 1, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Reflected in You is already out on ibooks! Starting now…..! Yippie!

nikole October 1, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Reflected in you is live on Kindle!!!!!! Squeeeeee

Maryse October 2, 2012 at 11:16 AM

LIKE!!!!

Carrie October 2, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I just need to get this out!! I’m about to give up on Dex and Perry…I’m just starting book 4 but they are making me so mad. Just get it over with already and get together!!!

Also…already started Reflected!! So good!

Maryse October 2, 2012 at 3:17 PM

heheheheh…. pooooor Carrie. We’ve been there. Who knows? Maybe we’re still there. My lips are sealed. Tee hee!!! ;)

LucyLou October 2, 2012 at 8:15 PM

THANK YOU MARYSE!! I didn’t realized all these great books were being released today. Yeppeee!!! Today is a wonderful day!!! :)

Shannon October 3, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Has anyone read “Take this Regret?” Great reviews, but I can’t hardly tell what it is about from the synopsis…

KL October 5, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Collision course was absolutely amazing!!!! I am really hoping it turns into a movie, and I don’t think that about a lot of books. I was apprehensive because during the time, i was in that must-read-about-alpha-males phase but this totally got me out of my bubble. SC Stephens really knows how to get to the core of your emotions! She needs to write more books :)

Jen October 11, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Collision Course was fantastic. I never cry from a book and I almost cried. It was such an amazing story and how Lucas is dealing with the stages of grief. Powerful read.