I’m on book #2 of the “Experiment in Terror” series, and loving it so far. Book review for #1 will be up shortly. There’s just something about the writing, and the “edge-of-your-seat” feeling in regards to the romantic tension (nothing yet… and yet, it’s so obviously there). Little jealous reactions, those intense moments, and then *poof* it’s gone. Loving that! Oh and of course, the “fear angle” of the books has me hooked. I feel like I’m living it with the heroine, and right now, what’s scaring me the most is the ALMOST crush-worthy (’cause he’s sexy), brooding, super moody “hero”. He’s a bit creepy!! The full moon today is probably giving my adrenaline/fear-response an extra boost, too.
So while I prepare some reviews and read my heart out, I thought I’d leave you with some fun author and book news:
- NEW UPDATE JUST ADDED at 7:51pm EST —–> I just found out Slammed by Colleen Hoover (one of my fav books of all time) is on sale right now!!! Eeeeeeep that’s an AMAZING deal.
- NEW BOOK RELEASE ALERT!! Abbi Glines has just released The Vincent Brothers (The Vincent Boys) (Book #2 in the “The Vincent Boys” series)
- E-Book Bargain ALERT!! The first in the series (The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines)!
- Kristen Ashley has completed “Lucky Stars” and it’s being prepared for editing. She will now be working on the 4th book in the Colorado Mountain series (Chace and Faye’s book!!)
- Ooooh!! Book #2 in Sylvia Day’s “Crossfire” series is now available for preorder!! Deeper in You (release date is set for October 2nd 2012). Book #1 in the series is Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel (the one many of us went crazy for).
- Charlaine Harris posted a little “update” about the ending of the Sookie Stackhouse series (I’m taking it, many are not happy with where they think it’s going…)
“I appreciate all the people who’ve enjoyed the Sookie books so much that they’ve developed an opinion as to how they wish the series would end. Obviously, since they all have different opinions, there’s no way to please everyone. The series will have the end I’ve planned for it for a long, long time.”
- Charlaine Harris also states that she is “… working very hard on the last Sookie novel, which (as you might predict) is a nerve-wracking process.” And that the release date for it will be May 7th 2013 (It will be called “Dead Ever After” – FINAL Sookie Stackhouse novel of the series).
- Jamie McGuire’s Beautiful Disaster is #15 on the New York Times Best Seller’s list!! Yay!!!
- Laura Kaye announces great news on her latest release: “Her Forbidden Hero is just 35 away from the Amazon Top 100! That’s amazing!”
- S.C. Stephens (author of Thoughtless and Effortless) releases a fun little fact: “Fun little fact for you to nibble on…in the very first draft of Thoughtless, Denny and Kellan’s names were reversed. I switched them because Denny was better for an Australian’s name, and Kellan was…well, let’s face it, a hotter sounding name. ” She also released a “Thoughtless #3 Teaser”) on her character’s (Kellan Kyle) Facebook fan page – DO NOT READ THIS if you haven’t read the first two books in the series…. (oh and there is also a FANTASTIC TYPICAL (and yet SO sweet) Griffin quote on that page too!! But again – do not read if you haven’t read the first two yet…):
For Jenny…hope your week ends better than it started! Here’s your brief TL3 teaser:
By the time Bridgette and her merry maids were finished with the D-Bags, I had to admit, they looked good. Every single one of them was stunning, even Griffin. But Kellan…was drop-dead gorgeous. Smoldering. My jaw dropped when he stepped in front of the plain backdrop. He’d come into the studio wearing loose, faded blue jeans and a white t-shirt. They’d dressed him in slim jeans that were frayed in all the right places, and they’d layered his basic white shirt with a dark brown leather jacket. It was tight to his body, so it looked more like a fitted shirt, and it was zipped open to his mid-chest. It stopped right above his waist, so that his entire studded belt was visible; a trace amount of skin was visible too. It was…hot. His hair was usually a rumpled, sexy mess, but Bridgette had flawlessly styled it so that every strand was in the most appealing place possible. There was one strand hanging down by his eye that just about did me in.
He looked the part of the sexy bad boy rock star that worried my father on a daily basis, but he was frowning as he walked over to me.
“You look great. What’s wrong?”
“I’m wearing makeup. I feel like an idiot.”
I examined his skin, but I couldn’t really tell that he was wearing anything, maybe just some definition around his eyes; the blueness was popping out at me so much that my heart was beating a little faster. “I can’t even tell. You’re fine.”
He started to run a hand through his hair, then stopped himself. “I’m wearing eyeliner…and I’m pretty sure she put lipstick on me.”
My smile was impossible to hide. “You look incredible…darn near delectable.”
Cocking his head, Kellan wrapped his arms around me. “Yeah? Would you like a bite?” As I felt heat staining my cheeks, Kellan glanced around, then leaned down to my ear; the smell of the leather jacket mixing with his scent was intoxicating. “We could disappear for a few minutes.”
- Gena Showalter released a teaser on her Facebook page from her upcoming release “Wicked Nights (Angels of the Dark)“
“Here is the promised snippet from Wicked Nights:
“You would rather die, Annabelle?”
“Yes!” She blinked at her own vehemence, and so did he. “Yes,” she repeated softly.
The claim was false, even though he could not taste a lie. Surely. “You do realize I could crush you in seconds, yes?”