Today’s Paranormal Book Releases – May 3rd 2011

by Maryse on May 3, 2011 · 7 comments

in Latest Book Releases, News

Big Release day!! And when I say BIG I mean Eric and Sookie BIG!!

The day we’ve all been waiting for! Yes yesssss, I know. With the last two books in the series, I’ve complained that they were been big let-downs for me, and that I won’t be as excited when the next one comes out.  But come on people!!! A year is a LONG time to wait, and I think I’ve officially forgotten what I was all mad about last year, anyway. Time heals all things, including book disappointments ;)

And anyway, I just want more Eric!! It’s been too long!

Okay so here are today’s May 3rd book releases (and I’ve included a few from May 1st and 2nd also). So tell me, who else is caving for the Sookie book?

Reena Jacobs May 3, 2011 at 9:40 AM

I was a bit slow picking up the last Sookie book, so it’s still a bit fresh in my mind. :) It wasn’t impressive, but it would have been a satisfying ending for the entire series for me since it wrapped up a lot, if not all, the loose endings.

This new release is one of those books I might try to win, but I doubt I’ll purchase myself. My curiosity about Eric and Sookie just isn’t piqued enough after the last book. I get the impression Ms. Harris is tired of writing the series.

Elaine W May 3, 2011 at 12:39 PM

The new Sookie was just delivered about 15 minutes and I am ready to leave work NOW! I agree that the last couple of books were not her best, but we’re still talking about Sookie.

I gained the impression at a conference where Charlaine Harris was appearing that most of her focus is on the tv series now.

BTW, I hate the tv series. It has so little to do with the books.

Wendy b May 3, 2011 at 3:21 PM

I am looking forward to this book I love the sookie series! But they want 15 bucks for the e-book. Seems high to me. I’ll have to wa

Wendy b May 3, 2011 at 3:21 PM

Wait till pay day! =)

Melissa May 4, 2011 at 12:09 AM

So I finished Dead Reckoning in 8hrs. It was good. Questions answered and some new posed. I am sad that I am done already but I thought it was good. I liked the action but It seemed a little shallow compared to some of the first few. I am hoping we get a little more in the next one.

Maryse May 4, 2011 at 8:09 AM

Still reading it (got a late start on it last night), so far not bad… I’m intrigued.

Inez May 6, 2011 at 3:10 PM

I have to say I am still reading this book, but was lucky enough to go to her book signing in New York on Tuesday. She had a little Q&A to start off, but I was disappointed because alot of people were asking her about the show.
I watch the show, but the books are better. She did say at the signing that there will be two additional books after this one, but that’s it. She said she’s had the ending of the book series all along. She also said Quinn will be making another appearance! I love Quinn! I think he was the only one that didn’t really want something from her!