Okay at first when I read the “reasoning” of the hero’s coldness towards the heroine, it rang a bell. I reviewed a book with that “background/history” before. But I can’t remember exactly… which. It was maybe… a month ago? But then Amanda added an extra detail to her question that I don’t recall at all, so maybe we aren’t thinking of the same book, so now I’m stumped.
This is my last resort! I have been trying for months to find a book I read last year and am having no luck. It’s driving me crazy, so I thought maybe you and your readers could help.
What I remember: the book is in the YA/NA genre and begins with the characters attending their first day of college. It’s written in dual POV. The h is excited about attending her first day of college classes b/c she feels like it’s a fresh start for her in a new place and away from her high school and classmates. She is especially glad to get away from the boy who turns out to be the H. The catch is that, unbeknownst to either of them prior, the H is attending the same college as the h. He has always been attracted to her but, throughout high school he was cold, unfriendly and aloof to the h and she never understood why. The reason for the H’s behavior is that the *spoiler*.
The book also details a little the h’s best friend and it seemed as though it was set up for a book 2.
I could’ve swore I read this book on my Kindle but I cannot find it anywhere. I’ve looked through my library too many times to count plus scouring Amazon and Goodreads’ lists and it’s like it never existed!
I know I’m not crazy; I did read this book, it does exist, lol!!
- Only For You (Unforgettable You, Book 1) by Beverley Kendall <— CLAIRE had it right! This is the one!!
- Bully: The Fall Away Series by Penelope Douglas
- Deeper We Fall (Fall and Rise, Book One) by Chelsea M. Cameron
- Into the Deep by Samantha Young
- Touching Melody (Forever First) by RaShelle Workman <— Niki on Facebook suggested this one.
- The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen <— from Jessica on Facebook
- Raising Ryann (Bad Boy Reformed Series): Bad Boy Reformed by Alyssa Rae Taylor <— Niki also suggested this one.
- Perfect Chemistry (A Perfect Chemistry Novel) by Simone Elkeles