Angst, angst and more angst!! We love it! Another one that has caught my attention after a few mentions and recommendations by our fellow readers. I must read this. But I’ve heard I need to beware of those pesky cliffhanger. I have a love/hate relationship with those. They usually leave me wanting more, and give me that coveted adrenaline rush but arrrghhh!! The wait! The anticipation!
Nádja: Hey guys. Have any of you read “The unbecoming of Mara Dyer” by Michelle Hodkin? It’s YA but the story is so enthralling that you can’t put it down until the last page…
S.A.: Boy, I feel like I am waiting for everything to come out. Walking Disaster, Reckless, Out of Breath & Entwined With You. Oh and then there is The Retribution of Mara Dyer.
Nikki: I literally just finished The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer seconds ago, and let me tell you it was unbelievable!! I read it in one day. Could not put it down! It is a must read and now I will be starting the second book after I take a shower from reading this book all day!! I can’t believe I have to wait until October for the third, but it will be worth it I’m sure. I’ve had it ready and waiting on my kindle for months and I’m stupid for waiting so long. Its got everything you could ask for in a book! (and it was surprisingly funny….at times) If you haven’t read it you to asap!
About book #1:
Mara Dyer believes life can’t get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there. It can.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember that killed her friends and left her strangely unharmed. There is.
She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love. She’s wrong.
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
- The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer Trilogy)
- The Retribution of Mara Dyer – expected release date October 22nd 2013 —–> book #3 cover as revealed by Entertainment Weekly.
Notes from the author about this series (and book#3):
- First sentences written in 2013, from Retribution. “Do not find peace. Find passion.”
- Entertainment Weekly revealed cover of book #3 BUT BEWARE of slight spoilers in this article if you haven’t yet read the series.
- Simon & Schuster will not be releasing the synopsis and snippets of book #3 until closer to it’s release date. No pre-order yet.