Highly HIGHLY recommended by my friend Jackie (when we were ranking our favorite heroes), and also recommended by SO many others (Amber and Lis to name a few more friends). Adamant discussions erupt in excitement when these guys are brought into the mix (note: this is GAY – m/m – rock star romance).
While Jackie was reading book #1 she emailed me and I knew EXACTLY how she felt:
“… but I wanted to share this book with you. It’s called Conquest by S J Frost. Its Rockstar based so it will tick boxes for you . The thing is , I’m about 1/3 of the way through it and I really care. Really really care what happens to these two guys. (It’s m/m – forgot to mention that.) You know when you are reading a book and its all happy and content – at the start of the relationship – well I’m still there. But I know its all going to go bad real soon.”
Since then, it has been so often recommended. And I’m going to admit, as much as I enjoyed another gay romance series (Bear, Otter & the Kid - I totally connected to and crushed on the heroes), and considering how much my friends connected to these guys, I’m definitely going to read!:
“Jesse and Evan from SJ Frost’s Conquest series. Two gay rockstars – one famous and at the top, one young and up and coming. I adored them both. The sex scenes were seriously hot (considering I’m female and hetrosexual) but they were just generally such open, loving and devoted people. I adored them both and can’t split them so they are joint placed.”
Jackie: Have you ever read the Conquest Series by S J Frost? Its about a rock group – similar feel to ‘Sinners’ but m/m. I adored that series – especially Evan and Jesse. That will be my next ‘nag the ass off Maryse’ project.
Bitchie: Jackie, I love SJ Frost, her conquest books are some of my favorites, especially the very first two!
Christine: Know you love rock stars, reading a book called Conquest and its about two courgous men one already a star and one up and coming. They fall in love and its thier story. Definately worth a look.
Sara: I’m excited you are *exploring* this new genre, Maryse.. I’m addicted actually. TJ Klune is awesome. (Burn is good too) that Faith and Fidelity series is really good..and Conquest series. there are so many and I think I love them because they are different sets of problems that these couples have to deal with and hey… more guys!..
About book #1:
Vocally gifted singer, Jesse Alexander, has dreams of taking his band, Conquest, to the top. Evan Arden was thought of as a musical genius when at the height of his career he vanished from the spotlight. Together, their relationship is just as intense as their music careers. With success pushing down on them, Jesse must decide between his life of music, or his life with Evan.
- Conquest (Conquest Series)
- Valentine’s Escape (a free short story on the author’s website – This story is a spoiler for what happens in CONQUEST, as it takes place after the novel ends.)
- No Fear (Conquest Series) <— sequel to “Conquest”
- Know Thyself (a free short story on the author’s website - spoiler warning This story takes place during the second Conquest novel, NO FEAR, and is a huge spoiler for what happens.)
- No More Mirages (a free short story on the author’s website - If you haven’t read CONQUEST and NO FEAR, this story is a huge spoiler with one of the characters.)
- Keys To Love (Conquest Series)
- Finding A Dream <—- short story
- Black Heart Down
- Feeling the Rhythm (about the drummer Brad DelFini –> thanks, Lis, for the info!!)