<— HEARTBREAKER ROCK-STAR THAT I LOVED ALERT!!! Here’s another one from my tried-and-true love triangle angsty reads that pulls your right out of your comfort zone and tears your heart out in the process! This was one of the “firsts” in our rock-star book obsession. It’s from back when I first discovered my love of indie and so much of that risqué drama, that went with these, and rock-star reads were still rather rare. (my review)
And guess what? She’s releasing a novella in just a few days!!
Lisa: So excited to see Samantha Towle has a follow up to The Mighty Storm coming soon. Just adored Jake and Tru. (Actually Jake can be added to my ‘I licked him, he’s mine list’).
Linda: Just finished Wethering the Storm. AMAZING!!! Lots of tears and some sobbing. Now I think I’ll sit here and cry quietly for a little while I come to grips with closure. Not sure I can start a new read for this evening. Thank you Samantha Towle. Xoxo
Barb: one of my all time favorites, The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle. Jake Wethers and Tru Bennett, totally in love with book and in the process of reading Wethering the Storm!
Yes!!!!! Agreed. Why? ‘Cause it’s got the whole rock-star fantasy going on!
- Getting a job to interview the hottest rock star going? Check!
- Knowing him from your past, and that flame being rekindled? Check!
- Falling in love with a rock star bad-boy extraordinaire? Check!
- He falls in love with you, too (even with all the groupies on his arm)? Check!
- You… are in a committed relationship with someone else that trusted you to “just do your job” and now it’s so much more… ruh roh!! Check!
- Tons of heartache to follow? Check!
About book #1:
Tru Bennett was just fourteen years old when her best friend and first love, Jake Wethers, moved from England to America and left her brokenhearted. Now twelve years later, Jake is the world’s biggest rock star, lead singer of The Mighty Storm and every woman’s bad-boy fantasy. Every woman, that is, except Tru.
A successful music journalist, Tru knows better than to mix business with pleasure. But then she receives the assignment of a lifetime: interview Jake before his band launches its highly anticipated world tour. Tru vows to keep the meeting strictly professional—but nothing can prepare her for the sparks that fly the moment their eyes meet again.
Now Jake wants Tru to join the band on tour, offering her a behind-the-scenes exclusive that any journalist would kill for. There’s just one problem: Tru’s boyfriend, Will. Can their relationship withstand Tru hitting the road with rock and roll’s most notorious womanizer? Or will she risk it all for a second chance with the one who got away?
Here’s the reading order:
- The Mighty Storm (The Storm series Book 1)
- Wethering the Storm (The Storm series Book 2)
- Taming the Storm (The Storm Series)
- The Storm (The Storm Series Book 4) <— Coming out on December 23rd 2015!1 Merry Christmas to us!!!