Bitchie: And since you are opening your minds to a “different” sort of romance read, and you like angsty reads, might I recommend Faith & Fidelity by Tere Michaels to you all? It’s about a single father, who recently lost his wife, the only woman he has ever loved, in a tragic accident. He is just getting by, going day by day, when he meets another man- a cop. Both men are straight, both men are depressed and just down on life, and they form a friendship in their sadness. And then it becomes more, and it’s just so sweet and romantic and angsty and GOOD.
Kele: That one consumed me! Another one of my all time favorites. The sex is tamer than some. . . but the tension. The story. All three books are awesome. I really loved it. . . I’d HIGHLY rec it. . . and it’s a good. . .tame. . . starter series. . . It’s one of the ones I’d put on a MM noob starter list. . .
bev: Some how I read the second and not the first faith and fidelity book. Still it was a good read.
Sara: that Faith and Fidelity series is really good..
About book #1:
Reeling from the recent death of his wife, police officer Evan Cerelli looks at his four children and can only see how he fails them. His loving wife was the caretaker and nurturer, and now the single father feels himself being crushed by the pain of loss and the heavy responsibility of raising his kids.
At the urging of his partner, Evan celebrates a coworker’s retirement and meets disgraced former cop turned security consultant Matt Haight. A friendship born out of loneliness and the solace of the bottle turns out to be exactly what they both need.
The past year has been a slow death for Matt Haight. Ostracized from his beloved police force, facing middle age and perpetual loneliness, Matt sees only a black hole where his future should be. When he discovers another lost soul in Evan, some of the pieces he thought he lost start to fall back in place. Their friendship turns into something deeper, but love is the last thing either man expected, and both of them struggle to reconcile their new and overwhelming feelings for one another.
- Faith & Fidelity (Faith, Love, and Devotion Book 1)
- Love & Loyalty (Faith, Love, & Devotion Book 2)
- Duty & Devotion (Faith, Love, and Devotion Book 3)
- Cherish (Faith, Love and Devotion Book 4)
- Blessed <— Novella – expected release date February 2015
- Book #5 – expected release date May 2015
- And the author says: “Duty & Devotion is indeed a (re-edited, additional material) rerelease. Next month, we’re releasing “Cherish” (rerelease) and a new novella called “Blessed” together, and the final book in the series will come out in May.”