A darker… sort of romance/erotica read about a famous author with an alternative lifestyle. She fits into both the dom/sub roles perfectly, but her own Dom is as dark, intense and dare I say as brutal as any I’ve ever seen in this genre. Obsession, fear, emotional and physical addiction, undeniable need and pain are often front row and center. Luckily for me… book #1 (The Siren) was also enhanced with a touch of romantic downtime every once in awhile, when she interacted with a few of the “other men” in her life. Made the “harder stuff” go down easier hehe!
And now after reading the synopsis of her latest book in the series, I’m quite excited!
Danielle: absolutely LOVED the siren and the angel (tiffany reisz) and have been waiting for the prince! you need to read book #2 and continue!! just keeps getting better
Maryse: thanks Danielle! I liked book #1 but craved more of that intensity between Wes and Nora, so I’m hoping I get to feel more of that “sort of stuff”. I love dark reads but I’m a hopeless romantic, too. Can’t help it.
About book #1:
THE SIREN is about an infamous erotica author and her one chance at getting the book of her heart published. All that stands in her way is an uptight, heartbroken, British editor. And…her dangerous former lover, her tempting virginal intern, a kinky Frenchman, a secret career…
The Red Years Quartet (The adventures of Nora Sutherlin, Dominant and erotica writer)
- The Siren (The Original Sinners – book #1) <– check out my book review of The Siren
- The Gift (The Original Sinners) <– a prequel novella (takes place a few years before book #1 but best read AFTER book #1). Also used to be titled “Seven Day Loan” – for those wanting more about “Daniel” see the free novellas about him, listed below.)
- The Angel (The Original Sinners – book #2)
- The Prince (The Original Sinners – book #3)
- The Mistress (The Original Sinners – book #4) – expected release date August 2013
- The Priest #5
- The King #6
- The White Queen #7
- The Red Queen #8
On Tiffany’s website, she recommends you read The Siren first BEFORE any others even though The Gift is chronologically prior to The Siren. You won’t truly understand The Gift if you don’t read The Siren first. I know, crazy because it is out of chronological order, but trust me, this is the way it has to be read to fully appreciate. I have read The Siren and The Angel and all of the other books she has listed on her website. Lots of freebies to read there and they are all good!! The Freebies can all be read in between The Siren and the Angel, just make to read The Gift before you read the subsequent stories about Daniel. Enjoy! I’m going to read The Prince later this week.
- Nightswimming - takes place approximately fifteen months before THE SIREN – stars Wesley & Nora
- The Ingenue - takes place approximately six months before THE SIREN – stars Sheridan & Kingsley
- Griffin in Wonderland – takes place approximately six years before THE SIREN – stars Griffin & Kingsley & young Nora
- The Sweeteheart - takes place approximately two years and six months before THE SIREN – stars Sheridan & Jesse
- The Metronome – takes place approximately six months before THE SIREN – stars Nora & Jesse
- Little Red Riding Crop – takes place approximately two years before THE SIREN – stars Nora & Kingsley
- Recitified – stars Brad and a new friend, Lela
- The Teacher – takes place approximately twelve years before THE SIREN – stars Zach & Grace
- The Mitzvah – takes place approximately four years before THE SIREN – stars Zach & Grace
- Daniel Part Two – takes place approximately one year after SEVEN DAY LOAN (chapter 1 – chapter 2 – chapter 3 – chapter 4 –chapter 5 – chapter 6 – chapter 7 – chapter 8 pt 1 – chapter 8 pt 2)
- A Christmas Maggie – takes place approximately six months after DANIEL PART TWO (chapter 1 – chapter 2 – chapter 3)