From angsty and/or deep “new adult” reads, sob-inducers (forget tear-jerkers! ) to a couple of highly recommended (I can just tell these are gonna be for me) paranormal ADULT reads. Oh yes… I just know I’m gonna fall hard. Plus some rock star reads, bad-ass bikers, dystopian and a few “Stockholm Syndromes” to boot, I think I’m covering all of my reading moods with these.
It takes just a second for me to switch from a steady TBR list where I’m making progress, to completely messing it all up and throwing in one or two that weren’t even on my radar! Whether it be an adamant deep-down-LOVED-it recommendation that gives me the chills, or a new release with a synopsis that gives me a must-read-now *jolt*.
But I’ve made good progress on my latest TBR lists (and of course they’ve changed a bit through the course of the last month or so) but I made a dent in ‘em, and now this is what I’m going to play with. For now. (and I’ve linked ‘em up on Amazon in case you want to try this list with me).
No real rhyme or reason to the order. Just what I’m in the mood for, today. Tomorrow, I could totally change #8 to #1. What is it about these that have my attention?
- TRAGIC: Rook and Ronin, #1 by J.A. Huss <— models in love! I hear this one is awesome (and while the synopsis interested me immediately, it was the enthusiastic response from my fellow readers that got me).
- The Breakaway by Michelle Davidson Argyle <— kidnapped!! But this is what got me: “…when faced with the chance to escape, Naomi isn’t sure she wants to take it.” <– update: was reading this (at about 50%) and it’s good but I’m needing more intensity when it comes to a book of this genre. Wondering if it “picks up” in that respect. I’ll let you know.
- Seize Me (Breakneck Series) by Crystal Spears <— gritty biker MC book!! Need I say more?
- Shocking Heaven (Room 103) by D H Sidebottom <— singer for a band and no-nonsense college girl is into him…
- Defiance by Stephanie Tyler <— bikers in a dystopian world! I hear it’s awesome! Lindsay said: “…definitely multi-layered and angsty to the max.”
- Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles) by Amelia Hutchins <— I hear SOOOO good. NOT YA and Donna says: “…this one is a keeper! :)”
- The Mourning After by Adriane Leigh <— just something about this one that made me think a deep and rich story potential.
- Shine Not Burn by Elle Casey <— and then something super funny that would still make me swoon. I hear he’s a super-sexy cowboy and is as addicting as our favorite book boyfriends. Lauren said: “I really really LOVED shine not burn…”
- Of Love & Regret by S.H. Kolee <— I really enjoyed another book by this author and I have a feeling this one takes some risks. I’m good with that!
- Thrilling Heaven (Room 103) by <— I guess it all depends on how much I enjoy book #1, but I remember a great reaction by my fellow readers when this book was released, so I bought ‘em both at the same time.
- Captured – A Romance by Elizabeth Boiling <— family woman kidnapped!! Need I say more? But when I saw this on the synopsis: “… will Meredith instead become entangled with her kidnapper in a way she could never have expected?” I thought OH NO!!! (eep!!) Not much by way of reviews, so we’ll see. It’s only a little over 100 pages and I’ve been staring at it for a few weeks now. It’s time.
- Extinguish by J.M Darhower <— a new paranormal short story by author of Sempre, so right there you know it has my attention. I LOVED that book. And while I don’t read as much paranormal as I used to, it would appear this is one that is HIGHLY loved by those that do read it. Millie said: “I read “Extinguish” by J. M. Darhower and i LOVED it ! I cried like a baby at the end ! It’s the first paranormal book for this author and she totally rules !” – shoot. Now I want to move this one to the top.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green <— It’s as if the WHOLE world loves this book and I believe this will be truly unforgettable for me. I’m still a bit nervous… but also super excited. Gotta pysch myself up and get a few extra boxes of tissues.
- Damaged and the Knight by Bijou Hunter <— I really enjoyed #1′s romantic angst and intensity, and I hear book #2 is soooo much better. So it’s a must on my reading list!
- Out Of Breath (The Breathing Series, #3) by Rebecca Donovan <— don’t even know what I’m waiting on for this, as much as I loved book #1 & #2, and how desperately I’ve been waiting for this one. And all I hear is it’s AWESOME!
- Obsession (The Talisman series) by Sofia Grey <— this one sounds cool. Kind of paranormal ’cause he’s a PI hired by the rich to see if their spouses are cheating. What’s the paranormal aspect? He can read minds (which nobody knows). And while he discovers that his next subject (a sweet, soft spoken woman) is not cheating, he does learn why she’s so unhappy. Her husband is abusive and stifling and the PI gets too close… evil husband won’t let her go.
- P.S. I just added TWO more after making this list and am already almost done with one, and will likley be moving the next two new additions to the top of my TBR list. I’m too excited, so here are my last minute add-ons that are now at the top of my TBR:
- Bully (Fall Away #1) by Penelope Douglas <— I’m almost done and it’s pretty darn good! Kind of predictable (so far) but enjoyable nonetheless.
- Shark Bait (Grab Your Pole, #1) by Jenn Cooksey <— book #3 finally came out yesterday and now I get to start this series. I hear that even if it’s YA, it’s mature and AWESOME and some are telling the 3rd book is the best one yet (even though the other two are great). Can’t wait!!