Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian
Archives for June 2015
<— *squeeeee!!!* Not only is it a a new biker/MC book, but it’s by THE Kristen Ashley herself! And that’s not the only big release today. We have a new angsty-romance sounding one by Abbi Glines, Laura Kaye, Jill Shalvis, Susan Mallery and so many more of our favorites!
SOME ADD-ONS!!! (Wednesday July 1st 2015 UPDATE):
- On The Ropes (Tapped Out Book 3) by Cari Quinn <— MMA FIGHTER!! Eeeeeee!!!! I love the sounds of this one! And it’s over 300 pages. I gotta look into this series! 😀 He’s champion fighter and he comes across the biggest fight of his life when he meets HER… “Carly Anderson is living a double life. A culinary student by day and a dancer by dark, Carly spends her nights in a cage of her own choosing. Flirting with danger is the only thing that dulls the pain from her past. When she catches the eye of the wrong men, it’ll take the right one to save her. If Giovanni doesn’t break her—and himself—in the process…“
- Tyed by L.J. Shen <— ANOTHER MMA FIGHTER ALERT!! She’s an underachiever college student and HE is an MMA champion.. “…and the hottest guy in the Bay Area, wants something from Blaire. But Ty has a secret. And Blaire can barely even handle his truths.“
- Perfectly Reckless by Megan Hart <—- MEGAN HART ALERT!! She’s one of my FAVORITE authors, so intense in her amazing writing, and somewhat unconventional with her “contemporary” love stories. And this one is just over 200 pages and SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED!!! PLUS!!!! This BLURB is pure Megan Hart!! “…about love, lust, loss and rediscovery between two people who should never have fallen in love…or out of it.”
- Illusive (Storm MC #5) by Nina Levine <— pre-order for August 2015!
- Reap: A Scarred Souls Novel by Tillie Cole <— new pre-order for November 2015 and this sounds CA-RAZY!!!
- Beautiful Boss (BEAUTIFUL SERIES) by Christina Lauren <— pre-order for February 2016
My own mini-highlights reel? These blurbs had me rubbing my hands together in glee! Angels & Whiskey (not a new release but super-bargain priced right now, and she’s pregnant and abused…), Ride Steady (of course!!! Bad-ass biker comes to her roadside rescue), Violent Things (MAFIA BAD GUYS and I’m getting ready to read this series ASAP, and this is a brand new release in it), Outlaw’s Bride (she had an outlaw’s baby, and he doesn’t know… Eeeeep!!) and THIS ONE BIG TIME —> Right Next Door (her ex-fiance that broke her heart finally comes back… but he’s married and she’s got a brand new neighbor…)!
So I was trying to pick between either Sloth: A Sinful Secrets Novel or King for today’s read and then, lo and behold, that one over there to the left was released. *gah*!!! All of these books sound like so much tumultuous reading-fun and I can’t pick.
Help me!!! One of the 3. I need assistance please. 😀
And don’t get me started on the other latest releases below PLUS those that are coming out tomorrow.
- Priest: A Love Story by Sierra Simone <— FORBIDDEN LOVE ALERT!!! Oh the taboo-ness. 😉 “Six months ago, I broke my vow of celibacy on the altar of my own church, and God help me, I would do it again. I am a priest and this is my confession…”
- About Last Night by Belle Aurora <— MALE ESCORT ALERT + he’s her brother’s best friend… “An enquiring email from a potential client finds him intrigued about the shy, awkward woman. A back and forth is started and before Quinn knows it, a friendship is formed. Time passes and Quinn is smitten. There’s only one problem… The client is his best friends little sister.” <— Ooooooohh!!!!
- Spin Ruin: (A Mafia Romance Two-Book Bundle) by C.D. Weiss <— SUPER-BARGAIN MAFIA BUNDLE ALERT!!! Mafia-romance lovers that don’t have these yet can jump on this mega-sale! “…she keeps getting shelved. Most recently, by her fiancé who happens to be the DA. And she’ll get over it, really. No problem. She’ll just have a nice, short encounter with a mysterious Italian named Antonio who may or may not be involved with some kind of alleged criminal activity…blah blah… Let’s call a spade a spade. He’s a mobster.“
- Corrupted (Russkaya Mafiya Book 4) by <— MORE MAFIA ROMANCE!! “I’m the dirty side of the Mafiya. I clean up the messes. The bodies. The problems. Here in America, I’m the Russian King. I never expected to want my mark. To crave her, to need her.“
- Sins of the Innocent: A Novella by Jamie McGuire <— JAMIE MCGUIRE ALERT!! I LOVED this trilogy, (and this is the *surprise* 4th book…) Her mother is a direct descendant of Christ–and her father, the half-human son of a fallen angel… “her very existence had prompted The Great War“. This is their DAUGHTER’S BOOK and the she falls for the half son of the devil himself!!!!! GASP!! “…the overconfident and charming half-human son of Lucifer takes nothing seriously. Not even when he finally meets the young woman who is destined to end his existence. A common bond is formed under the pressures they face from both sides, but their respective religious texts predict opposite outcomes. Either way, they must choose: war, death, or love.”
- A Lush Reunion by Selena Laurence<— ROCK STAR ALERT! But this is book #4 and I *think* it should be read in order considering what I just read in this blurb.
- Breaking Stars: The Celebrity Series by J. Sterling <– SUPER-STAR ACTRESS ALERT just trying to get away… and then her car breaks down in a small town, and meets him…
- Cole: A Navy Seal Romance by <— STANDALONE & HE’S A NAVY SEAL… and he meets her. But he’s got a BIG secret. “In this small Midwest town everybody knows everything about everybody. Will Cole be able to keep his secret or will Carissa break down his walls and become his trusted ally? His confidant. His lover.“
- When You’re Back: A Rosemary Beach Novel (The Rosemary Beach Series Book 12) by Abbi Glines
- Ride Steady (Chaos) by Kristen Ashley
- Insider (Exodus End World Tour Book 1) by Olivia Cunning
- Sweet Sinful Nights by Lauren Blakely
- Burned by Darkness (Dragons of Eternity Book 1) by Alexandra Ivy
- Violent Things (Chaos & Ruin Book 1) by Callie Hart <— BLOOD & ROSES/ZETH FANS!!
- Searching for Always (Searching For series Book 4) by Jennifer Probst
- Hard to Let Go: A Hard Ink Novel by Laura Kaye
Bang (Black Lotus #1) (The Black Lotus Series)
<— Oh boy. That? Yeah… wow. That was one of the craziest crazy-train book rides I’ve ever been on. Highly recommended to me by one of my favorite authors, I put it on my latest TBR list, knowing this one was up very soon and I ended up starting it on my weekend “pontoon boat” ride ’cause everyone was scalloping and I… don’t really do that. LOL!
But I had my iPad, and while I *did* have two brand spanking new books that I was about to squirrel over, they weren’t loaded in my app yet, and there was NO signal where I was. But lo and behold, I HAD loaded “Bang”. YAY!!! Totally all over that and obviously meant to be! I wanted to read it, so what better time than now? And OMG what a jolt this one gave me.
Amy is our resident goofball, total instigator, snort-maker (’cause of all the crazy stuff she says and blames it on her autocorrect), our stuffed manatee caretaker, our big hearted bartender, and our girly make-up lover!! She’s a girl after my own reading heart, ’cause she loves the sob-inducers and the angsty romance heartbreakers just like I do!
And she has compiled a list of her absolute FAVORITE books just for us! And even told us why on each of ’em!!! YAY!! 😀 P.S. I’ve read most of these and she is SO RIGHT!!! I love ’em too, like CRAZY!!! I almost feel like bein’ bad and tagging my name in the title with Amy’s LOL!! Alas… this is Amy’s list and I must say… she has FABULOUS book-taste!