It’s true. A real life one. One that is long overdue to be told, in fact (you’ll see part one and part two of that author signing trip here – part 2 gets spookier 😉 ), but it’s part three (THIS post) that had the real spook-factor.
The evidence, if you will. Now of course, there will be some non-believers and skeptics that say “WHAT?? I don’t believe you and that photo shows nothing!!” but the fact that I caught something that I saw with my own eyes? I KNOW I had my own ghostly encounter at the Adolphus Hotel in Dallas Texas. And it was awesome!
Okay so here’s how it went. It involved my BFF Sherry, author Amber L. Johnson and me (and almost a couple of chickens. Er… not real chickens. Just a couple of friends that totally chickened out on us.) *ahem* sideeyes authors Mary Elizabeth, J.B. Salsbury and her bff, Evelyn Johnson. *pok pok* 😉 Yeah I sold y’all out! 😛
Anyway, so it’s our last night in Dallas, our last night at the Adolphus, and we’d been telling our fun ghost-hunting story to everyone that would listen, and we almost amassed another group. But our trio was good enough (and brave!!).
We head right back up to the creepy and forbidden 19th floor. All three of us. At night, alone up there, it’s dark, and nobody knows where we are. Well, I mean, Mary Elizabeth and J.B. Salsbury knew, so if we went missing, I’m sure they would have sent someone up there after us. 😉
So we go up there… searching around and giggling, but we head right to the area around HER room. The dead bride’s room.
It’s DARK, and as Sherry and Amber roam further down the hall, I enter her lights-out-dark room. I’m looking around, trying to see as best as I can (from the little bit of light coming in through the windows from outside lighting), and I hear a door slam further away. I hear the girls gasp, freak out a bit and giggle, but I can’t hear what they’re saying. I know I’m going to head where they are soon enough and find out what they’re playing with.
I’m listening to them wondering what they just got into, while I lift my iPhone and take a random photo of HER room (I can’t see anything so I’m not actually looking at my phone screen).
As I do, the flash on my phone activates ’cause it’s so dark and I can’t see anything. I snap the photo, and suddenly I see, with my very own eyes, right there in front of me… a small sort of… glowing white (light?)… ball.
It JOLTS from right in front of me, to the right side of the room… and disappears. It MOVED with purpose. Almost as if I startled it!!! As if the flash of my camera startled it.
And it was gone.
I realized… it was an actual orb!!! I was in AWE. This was not some flash-reflection off a mirror (there were no mirrors).
This was a perfect sphere, small and obvious… light, that practically FLEW away from me. I was thrilled. Elated. Freaked out, but strangely not scared at all. I almost felt bad for disturbing it. Her?
After taking a few more photos really quickly, I ran out of the room, only to be met by my fellow ghost hunters that caught that door slam on audio!! Sherry was recording with her Kindle… and while she didn’t catch the image of the door, she caught the sound of that door slamming ON OUR FLOOR, and then of course, their own freaked-out reactions. We were the ONLY ones on that floor. It was a ghost-town (maybe quite literally!). No rooms were occupied, the doors to the rooms didn’t even lock anymore. All the furniture was upside down, and covered. We knew it was just us. Who would have slammed that door? Our eyes bugging wide, I told them about what I had just seen.
And as I scrolled through the photos I had just taken… I see that in one photo, the first one of the series (that “activated” her)… I caught the orb.
Top left of the photo below, going to the right… in front of the head board. Open it BIG!! You actually see (in larger format) a secondary movement-glow coming off that obvious one going to the right. I didn’t do that, you guys. No retouching. I SWEAR. This is from my iPhone with nothing else added.
And that’s it. That’s my story. 😉
Okay now you go!!! :D!!
*rubs hands together hoping for some creepy stories*
P.S. Here we are, reminiscing about that moment (JB started us off) 😉 :
Archives for October 2017
Bountiful (True North Book 4)
Happy Halloween Eve!! 😀 It’s Monday and a few books snuck in early!! Take a look:
P.S. UPDATE: GOING LIVE TOMORROW!!! These are just about ready to start shipping. *squeeeeee!!* :D!!! Not a trick but definitely a treat!!!! Reading in my bubble bath… here I come!! ➔ All-New Kindle Oasis E-reader – 7″ High-Resolution Display (300 ppi), Waterproof, Built-In Audible, 32 GB, Wi-Fi ➔➔➔➔➔
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE!!
- Follow by Tessa Bailey <— AFTERNOON BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! TESSA BAILEY’S LATEST IS LIVE!! (I LOVE this author so much!) “Family is everything to gambling den darling, Teresa Valentini. Blood comes first, especially before men. So when her brother lands himself in hot water, she’s willing to do whatever it takes to save him. And showing up topless in her unwitting savior’s motel room is turning out to be the furthest thing from a hardship...”
- Fault Lines by Rebecca Shea <— REBECCA SHEA’S LATEST!!! He broke her heart… and she’s moved on: “...now ten years later I have the perfect life, the perfect fiancé, the perfect career. Everything I ever wanted until I’m forced to go back and face my past and the man that destroyed me. He won’t stop until I know the truth no matter how hard I fight it. In the end, lies will be uncovered, hearts will be broken, and my life as I’ve come to know it destroyed…“
- Unbound Pages: A Halloween Short by K. Larsen <— K. LARSEN’S HALLOWEEN TREAT JUST WENT LIVE and oh how I LOVE the sound of this one!! “Karla Tippling finds a collection of unbound pages taped to the inside of a dresser she recently purchased at a secondhand store. As she reads the pages she becomes curious about the person who wrote them and decides to seek them out. This is a Halloween short story.”
- Relentless: A Cyn and Raphael Novella (Vampires in America 11.5) by D. B. Reynolds
- Beyond Reason: Teller’s Story, Part Two (Lost Kings) (Lost Kings MC Book 9) by Autumn Jones Lake
- Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures Book 5) by Meredith Wild & Mia Michelle <— SPOILED YET NEGLECTED, and he has to protect her. “...Zane will lose his job if he can’t get her under control. Except he wants to sleep with her as badly as he wants to set her straight. She needs discipline. And he might be just the one to give it to her. When unexpected circumstances tie Charlotte to D.C. for the foreseeable future, Zane makes her an offer that’s anything but honorable. He’ll give the first daughter all the thrills she’s seeking in exchange for one thing… Her obedience...”
- The Hunt (A Hard Love Romance Book 3) by Monica James
- Cain (An Out of the Cage Novel Book 1) by Lane Hart <— MMA FIGHTER/UNREQUITED LOVE ALERT!!! “…I threw away my dreams when I was forced to fight and beat men bloody for her, but she doesn’t even know it. Whenever I try to protect her, she pushes me away. I’ve been in love with her for three damn years, and she only sees me as a friend! After one monumental f*ck up, nothing will ever be the same between us, and I know that I only have myself to blame...”
- Kidnapped by the SEAL (HERO Force Book 7) by Amy Gamet
- Siren’s Song (Bewitching Bedlam Book 3) by Yasmine Galenorn
- Mister McHottie: A Billionaire Boss / Brother’s Best Friend / Enemies to Lovers Romantic Comedy by Pippa Grant <— SHE HATES HER NEW BOSS ALERT!! “…There are three things I hate: Bratwurst in any form, my neighbors boinking like farm animals at 3 AM, and Chase Jett. Mostly I hate Chase Jett. It’s been ten years since he took my virginity—I’d make a bratwurst joke, but the unfortunate truth is that it would have to be a bratbest joke, and yes, it kills me to admit that—and now he’s not only a billionaire, he’s also my new boss. Turns out our hate is mutual…“
PREORDERS (just a few highlights of those going live at midnight!!! )
Unloved, a love story
<— When I think of this story, I think sweet and so incredibly cozy, despite a few of the incredibly disturbing scenes that lead into this heartwarming story. This author (and this story) is much loved and came highly recommended by quite a few of my fellow readers:
Nancy: Nancy: Finished an ARC of Unloved by Katy Regnery. Best book she has ever written & at the top of my list of Best Reads of 2017!! Just WOW!! Oh ! Maryse you are going to love it! Best book Katy Regnery has ever written and I have read many !
The answer to a recent reader question, and come to find out, some in our book crew LOVE these books!!!
Sarah: soooo good!! Second and third books are out.
Britton: it is fabulous
About book #1:
School psychologists aren’t supposed to write books about sex. Doing so would be considered “unethical” and “a fireable offense.” Lucky for you, ethics was never my strong suit.
After spending years trying to spice up my sex life, I gave up and took to my journal. Perhaps my gorgeous, cold, number-crunching husband simply wasn’t capable of the kind of passion I’d come to expect. After all, my ex-boyfriends—a skinhead turned US Marine turned motorcycle club outlaw, a baby-faced punk rocker out on parole, and a heavy metal bass player—were every bit as tattooed and testosterone fueled as the leading men in my favorite romance novels. If I couldn’t have that kind of passion again in real life, I could at least write about it. Right? Nobody had to know. It would be my little secret.
Well, guess what? My husband read that shit.
And guess what else? He upped his fucking game.
Drunk with power and under the dubious advisement of my best friend and colleague, I began testing the limits—crafting journal entries specifically designed to manipulate Ken’s behavior. For the most part, he responded beautifully…except when he didn’t.