Author and Book News Roundup – November 26th 2017

by Maryse on November 26, 2017 · 83 comments

in News

What a CRAZY awesome Thanksgiving weekend and Black Friday shop-fest this has been. I’m a little embarrassed by how much I indulged in household “toys”, but they’ve all been on my “Need/Really Want” list, and all for very good reasons! Assistant robots to help me do housework, cool cooking devices that cook meals for me which… let’s me read and blog more. LOL!!! YAY ME!!!

See? Perfectly good reasoning. I NEEDED ‘em! And anyway, I do my best to buy it once, and use it a ton until it breaks. By then… new models. ;) But that’s years from now, right? I hope. LOL!!! Do I sound like I’m trying to convince myself I did a good thing? *snort* ;)

Okay so, perfect example! Right now, my Braava is washing my floors (yes, quite literally and I LOVE him. He does a VERY good job. I called him Bravo because I feel like shouting “Bravo!!” every time he’s done). And while he works, I am finding us book news.

AND NOW… The news! :D

Jane Harvey-Berrick and Stuart Reardon (he’s a professional rugby player, and one of our favorite cover models) just collaborated on a “Rugby” romance book together!!! Undefeated <— and, it’s up for pre-order (and coming out pretty soon). And what’s even more perfect, is that COVER!!!! HA!!!! WOW! The author posted:

“16 years STUART REARDON was a professional athlete, now he’s a romance author.” “Nick Renshaw is the golden boy of British rugby and Dr. Anna Scott is the woman who can save his career—if he doesn’t destroy hers first.”

Bella Forrest just released this new vampire book today Hotbloods. It looks like it will be a “duet”. They have strange new neighbors… “One last adventure. That’s all Riley wants before heading off to college and parting ways with her two best friends. Spending their last summer together on a Texas farm in the middle of nowhere isn’t quite as exciting as they’d planned… That is, until they stumble upon secrets no human should know…

Lauren Blakely and InkslingerPR posted a little audiobook “behind the scenes” fun. ;) It’s a video interview called “Behind the Scenes with “Jesse Metcalf”. Hey wait!!! HE’S an actor that we love!!!?? YES!! I remember him!! What was he in that I loved? He’s the narrator?? Oooooooooh. Inkslinger says:

“Check out what Jesse Metcalfe had to say when he was recording Lauren Blakely’s Stud Finder!”

Renee Carlino has a book-release surprise for us!! Eeeep! Sounds forbiddeny!! She’s a personal hairstylist with a new awesome client but… “She’s falling in love with her client’s boyfriend…” YIKES!! Shopping for Love (BookShots Flames) will be out in February (and is up for preorder). She says:

Surprise!! I have a new book coming out in FEB!! This is a big departure for me but I hope you like it. Thank you to @hachettebooks @jamespattersonbooks #bookflames

Brittainy C. Cherry just released the cover of her upcoming latest! She says: “Eek! It’s officially time! Here’s the cover for Behind the Bars, coming this December! I’m so beyond excited for you all to meet gentle Elliott Adams and Jasmine Greene. This is the first standalone in the all-new Music Street Series.” They were friends in high school (he was the awkward musician and she was the school queen…” And then they meet again, years later…:

“…Even though we were different, the broken pieces of me recognized the sadness in her. Now she was back, and I wouldn’t make the mistake of letting her go again. When I first met Jasmine Greene, she came in as raindrops. When we met again, I became her darkest storm…”

Aleatha Romig reveals the cover of her upcoming Infidelity book, Respect: An Infidelity Novel saying:

“Isn’t this gorgeous? Oh, my! It’s finally time to share the cover of RESPECT, The Making of a Man. An Infidelity Novel. **This novel takes place BEFORE the Infidelity series and can most definitely be read without reading the INFIDELITY series. Of course, I’d love for you to read the Infidelity series (not about cheating) however, it is not necessary for RESPECT.”

Mariana Zapata is excited (as am I – since she’s one of our favorite authors, and Wait for It is one of my favorite books in the world!!) to have made it in this year’s Goodread’s Choice Awards as a nominee! CONGRATULATIONS MARIANA!!! She says:

“I’ve had a couple of days to calm down so I can play it cool now, but “WAIT FOR IT” MADE IT TO THE FINAL ROUND IN THE ROMANCE CATEGORY OF THE GOODREADS CHOICE AWARDS! I know, this is the most amazing news you’ve heard.

But on a serious note, thank you all so much for voting. I’m small potatoes in a big soup pot, but for *my book* to have made it to be alongside so many other amazing, talented authors that had been such an influence for tons of people… It’s a true honor and joy. Thank you so much. All my love.

Xox

Mariana”

Some fun bargains today!

• One Plus One: A Novel by Jojo Moyes <— JOJO MOYES SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! I love the premise (“One single mom. One chaotic family. One quirky stranger. One irresistible love story…”) and I one-clicked it hard!

Tasha: One Plus One by Jojo Moyes is on sale … I paid full price for this one too, haha, and it’s GOOD!!

Annie: Currently I’m listening to One Plus One by Jojo Moyes. The narration is spot on. One of the easiest to get into right off the bat. Sometimes my ear has to get used to voices and then connect to the character. Not with this book.

• The King by Skye Warren <— SKYE WARREN SUPER-BARGAIN today!! First book in the trilogy but the trilogy is complete. No waiting. :) “A trailer park princess. The son of a criminal king. We don’t belong together, but I’m caught in a twisted game…”
  • Dating-ish (Knitting in the City Book 6) by Penny Reid <— PENNY REID SUPER-BARGAIN! She had a bad date… and is over men! “Why does she need the hassle of a romantic partner when she can meet all her needs with paid services? But then her irritating date resurfaces. And he’s not at all the person she thought he was. And he suggests a different—and crazier—solution to her dilemma . . .” P.S. It CAN be read as a standalone!
  • Leaving Time (with bonus novella Larger Than Life): A Novel <— JODI PICOULT SALE! She’s desperately looking for her mother that went missing, and reading her journals to try and find the truth… “Desperate to find the truth, Jenna enlists two unlikely allies in her quest: Serenity Jones, a psychic who rose to fame finding missing persons, only to later doubt her gifts, and Virgil Stanhope, the jaded private detective who’d originally investigated Alice’s case along with the strange, possibly linked death of one of her colleagues. As the three work together to uncover what happened to Alice, they realize that in asking hard questions, they’ll have to face even harder answers…”

UPCOMING RELEASES just added to the main “New Releases” page:

1. Villain by Samantha Young – December 5th 2017
  2. Wingmen Babypalooza: A Wingmen Novella by Daisy Prescott – December 7th 2017
  3. Torrid Little Affair by Lauren Blakely – December 11th 2017
  4. Strung by Victoria Ashley - December 12th 2017
  5. Miss Mechanic by Emma Hart - December 12th 2017
  6. Our Broken Love by Terri Anne Browning -  December 19th 2017
  7. Shelter (The Getaway Series Book 2) by Jay Crownover – December 26th 2017
  8. Whore by Willow Aster – December 26th 2018
  9. Hot Shot: A North Ridge Novel by Karina Halle - January 2nd 2018
  10. Wicked Choice (The Wicked Horse Vegas Book 4) by Sawyer Bennett - January 2nd 2018
  11. Most Likely To Score by Lauren Blakely – January 8th 2018
  12. Something So Irresistible (Something So Series Book 3) by Natasha Madison – January 8th 2018
  13. Uncharted: a survival love story by Julie Johnson - January 10th 2018
  14. The Bitterroot Inn (Jamison Valley Book 5) by Devney Perry – January 16th 2018
  15. Total Exposure: Jordan’s Game by J.A. Huss -  January 16th 2018
  16. Undefeated by Jane Harvery-Berric and Stuart Reardon – January 23rd 2018
  17. Falling Under: a Walker Security standalone novel by Lisa Renee Jones – January 23rd 2018
  18. xo, Zach by Kendall Ryan - January 23rd 2018
  19. Escape (The Getaway Series Book 3) by Jay Crownover – January 30th 2018
  20. Well Played by J. S. Scott & Ruth Cardello - January 30th 2018
  21. Shopping for Love (BookShots Flames) by Renee Carlino – February 6th 2018
  22. Lake + Manning (Something in the Way Book 4) by Jessica Hawkins – February 13th 2018
  23. The Smallest Part by Amy Harmon - February 13th 2018
  24. Prince Charming by C.D. Reiss - February 20th 2018
  25. Secret Lucidity: A forbidden romance stand-alone  by E.K. Blair – February 26th 2018
  26. Baby Daddy by Kendall Ryan – February 27th 2018
  27. At the Stroke of Midnight (The Naughty Princess Club) by Tara Sivec – February 27th 2018
  28. Lake Silence (World of the Others, The) by Anne Bishop – March 6th 2018
  29. Burn Bright (Alpha and Omega) by Patricia Briggs – March 6th 2018
  30. Tempting Little Tease by Kendall Ryan – March 20th 2018
  31. As She Fades by Abbi Glines – April 3rd 2018
  32. Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren – April 10th 2018
  33. Savor You: A Fusion Novel by Kristen Proby - April 24th 2017
  34. A Court of Frost and Starlight (A Court of Thorns and Roses) by Sarah J. Maas - May 1st 2018
  35. Dark Queen (Jane Yellowrock) by Faith Hunter – May 1st 2018
  46. Dr. Strange Beard (Winston Brothers Book 5) by Penny Reid - July 10th 2018
  47. Wild Hunger (An Heirs of Chicagoland Novel) by Chloe Neill – July 10th 2018
  48. Strong: A Stage Dive Novella by Kylie Scott – September 25th 2018

MichelleS November 26, 2017 at 12:57 PM

First again?

MichelleS November 26, 2017 at 12:59 PM

Okay, so I’m MIA and then come back & hog the blog. LOL. I’m still cyber shopping. I’m buying more for myself than others. Rut roh. Got a blow dryer, Christmas tree, a down pillow, bath mats. I need to STOP. I didn’t get a single book because it was overwhelming.

bev November 26, 2017 at 1:53 PM

Since Amy isn’t here to talk sense into you……..

Do you really need to stop?

I think not.

Laura Benson November 26, 2017 at 1:55 PM

Cassie Clare book comes out 2018, not 2017

Maryse November 26, 2017 at 2:23 PM

Oops… still in 2017 mode. ;) Thank you! I’ll fix.

Maryse November 26, 2017 at 2:26 PM

MichelleS I want a Christmas tree!! Which one did you get? I still have my teeny table-top one. ;)

Maryse November 26, 2017 at 2:27 PM

bev…

agreed.

Sometimes, we’re offered opportunities to get the things that we really need, at a bargain. Or things that make us excessively happy.

Stop?

I think not. ;)

Kooloo November 26, 2017 at 2:40 PM

Hey so I just got off the phone with Audibl.com re their NEW Romance Package which is basically KU for audiobooks!

I was actually calling in to compain that they advertise 1000′s of audiobooks for $6.95/month (which FYI is cheaper than 1 audiobook) but I could only seam to find like 50??? WTH

Anyway, turns out I’m just a dumbass and didn’t know how to work their new app! Because there are just toooooo many so they break it down into categories to help you find what you’re looking for. You can browse by:

Steaminess Score (I like this one),
Categories (Period to Sports),
Character Type (Vamps to Vikings),
Story Theme (On the run, BDSM, Secret Babies, etc, etc)

And for all my dumbassary trouble they gave me 3 FREE credits which is like ($11.99 x 3 – where that is lol) so YAY ME!!!!!!

So the moral of the story boys and girls is that sometime it pays to be a complaining dumbass.

Tessa November 26, 2017 at 2:54 PM

You know, it’s funny that Anne Bishop and Patricia Briggs are great friends, because they always release their books on the same day! (And of course, I buy them both!) What if people have to choose only one? How does one choose?

And… Frost and Starlight. That will be mine. :)

bev November 26, 2017 at 3:31 PM

We don’t choose, lol.

However, are we speaking of artificial Christmas trees???? Unless you are allergic to evergreens…..I THINK NOT!!

Maryse November 26, 2017 at 3:45 PM

GASP!!! Whaaaaaa?

Artificial trees!!!! FOREVER.

REAL TREES???? Pooooor babies.

I THINK NOT!!! ;)

P.S. Although they sure do smell good.

bev November 26, 2017 at 4:16 PM

Maryse where do we go from here?

I need some minutes.

Tessa November 26, 2017 at 4:22 PM

Bev… I’m allergic to Christmas trees. ROFL So fake tree forever!

bev November 26, 2017 at 4:32 PM

All right let’s do this.

Christmas 20 questions:

Fake tree or real tree?

Fat tree or thin tree?

Multicolor lights or white lights?

Candy canes or ribbon candy?

A hula hoop or a plane that loops the loop?

B.B. gun or leg lamp?

Best dancer Snoopy or anyone else?

Should Frosty have been named Oatmeal?

If a bell rings does an angel get his wings?

Is that you Santa Clause?

Tessa November 26, 2017 at 4:41 PM

Fake tree or real tree? Fake!

Fat tree or thin tree? Fat

Multicolor lights or white lights? Multicolors

Candy canes or ribbon candy? Candy Canes

A hula hoop or a plane that loops the loop? Hula Hoop

B.B. gun or leg lamp? Leg Lamp (I honestly hate that movie)

Best dancer Snoopy or anyone else? Snoopy!

Should Frosty have been named Oatmeal? No? Why would he be called Oatmeal?

If a bell rings does an angel get his wings? Of course.

Is that you Santa Clause? It is. :)

bev November 26, 2017 at 4:45 PM

Real

Fat with multicolored lights and decorations.

Candy canes though I do like the mix of the old fashioned hard candy. Plus the ribbons are pretty.

A plane though Alvin sold that line.

B.B. gun as leg lamps are too fragile.

Snoopy, but Linus is a great public speaker.

Hmm. Probably not but it is the best line in the show.

Yes, yes he does.

Yes, yes he is.

bev November 26, 2017 at 4:47 PM
Tessa November 26, 2017 at 4:49 PM

I forgot that. Little dude isn’t that into Frosty so it’s been a long time since I’ve seen it. I guess it wasn’t a memorable moment for me. And yep, I used to watch it every year as a kid and adult.

Maryse November 26, 2017 at 5:56 PM

All right let’s do this.

Christmas 20 questions:

Fake tree or real tree? FAKE!! No guilt (in all sorts of ways), and I get to use it again and again! Savings! :D

Fat tree or thin tree? FAT!!! This is my favorite:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Martha-Stewart-Living-7-5-ft-Pre-Lit-Emperor-Fir-with-Warm-White-LED-Lights-RL75169-RPHO2/301579430 and

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Martha-Stewart-Living-7-5-ft-Indoor-Pre-Lit-Snowy-Cambridge-Fir-Artificial-Christmas-Tree-with-Clear-Lights-9781600610/300338612 and

Multicolor lights or white lights? White for me please :)

Candy canes or ribbon candy? Candy canes!!

A hula hoop or a plane that loops the loop? GASP! Neither. Maybe a roller coaster. ;)

B.B. gun or leg lamp? What’s a leg lamp? *goes to google* EW NO. BB Gun it is! LOL!!!!!

Best dancer Snoopy or anyone else? Anyone else except for that Seinfeld chick. And me. ;)

Should Frosty have been named Oatmeal? Er… no?

If a bell rings does an angel get his wings? I say yes!!! :D

Is that you Santa Clause? Me? Yes. I am Santa Clause. :D

Maryse November 26, 2017 at 5:59 PM

P.S. YAY BEV and her questionnaires and recaps. Best fun ever!!!!

Tasha J November 26, 2017 at 6:23 PM

Christmas 20 questions:

Fake tree or real tree? Fake (real ones scare me cuz of fire hazards and that time in Christmas Vacation…with the squirrel!

Fat tree or thin tree? Thin

Multicolor lights or white lights? White

Candy canes or ribbon candy? Candy Canes

A hula hoop or a plane that loops the loop? Hula hoop

B.B. gun or leg lamp? B.B. Gun (Maryse, have you never seen A Christmas Story?!?)

Best dancer Snoopy or anyone else? Snoopy

Should Frosty have been named Oatmeal? No.

If a bell rings does an angel get his wings? Nope

Is that you Santa Clause? Yes!!

MichelleS November 26, 2017 at 7:03 PM

Christmas 20 questions:

Fake tree or real tree? Fake – I keep downsizing

Fat tree or thin tree? FAT – I bought a slim 9 foot tree – yuck

Multicolor lights or white lights? White

Candy canes or ribbon candy? Candy Canes

A hula hoop or a plane that loops the loop? No loops. My stomach can’t handle it.

B.B. gun or leg lamp? Leg. I’m one of those anti gun wackos.

Best dancer Snoopy or anyone else? MC Hammer – Hammer Time!

Should Frosty have been named Oatmeal? No.

If a bell rings does an angel get his wings? Yes. And he needs to do something about my yappy dogs,

Is that you Santa Clause? Yes. Ho ho ho.

MichelleS November 26, 2017 at 7:05 PM

Maryse – I bought a 7.5 foot flocked tree by Donner & Blitzen at Sears online only deal – $99 instead of $299.99. I’ve been wanting a flocked tree, not real (messy) and not too big! SCORE

bev November 26, 2017 at 7:06 PM

That doesn’t make you a wacko….he did almost shoot his eye out. However the fact that you ALL like fake tree……..

Maryse November 26, 2017 at 7:08 PM

Oh MichelleS!!! I am looking that up right now!!!

P.S. I just discovered this website, and I take back all of my Christmas tree choices. THIS ENTIRE WEBSITE has my Christmas tree choice (and I am gasping at the prices… and not in a good way… but I get it). WOW!!

Maryse November 26, 2017 at 7:09 PM

Also… what does “flocked” mean?

Tasha J November 26, 2017 at 7:10 PM

Just got the 7 day free trial of Hallmark movies now….so you know what I’ll be doing for the next week! ;) I just watched a Christmas movie on Netflix where the girl falls for a ghost…that shouldn’t have been possible, though I liked it enough.

Maryse November 26, 2017 at 7:11 PM

LOL Tasha!

I can’t remember? I’ve seen so many Christmas movies, but I’m one of those that never retains “cool lines” and eventually forgets a lot unless I watch it over and over again. Like Elf. THAT IS MY MOVIE!!!! :D !!!

MichelleS November 26, 2017 at 7:11 PM

Ha! Maryse, that third one is the tree I have now – the Martha Stewart one with berries & pine cones. It’s very pretty, but my hubby has to decorate top 1/3, and I wanted something a little smaller.

Maryse November 26, 2017 at 7:12 PM

bev…

Do you…

THINK NOT? ;)

MichelleS November 26, 2017 at 7:13 PM

“Flocked” means it has white snow stuff on the branches. Some are lightly flocked, some heavy. It looks so elegant!

Tasha J November 26, 2017 at 7:13 PM

https://www.balsamhill.com/p/alpine-balsam-fir?sku=2807862 I had to giggle at this one…Charlie Brown!

Leslie M November 26, 2017 at 7:14 PM

Christmas 20 questions:

Fake tree or real tree? Real in other people’s houses (I like the smell and they are beautiful) but fake in my house. Real trees are messy, expensive and I am petrified of fire.

Fat tree or thin tree? I always had thin tree due to lack of space but we bought new fat one last year and made room. (Its cool as its covered with “snow”)

Multicolor lights or white lights? My tree has white but I like both.

Candy canes or ribbon candy? Candy canes!!

A hula hoop or a plane that loops the loop? Hula hoop

B.B. gun or leg lamp? Ugh! I hate this movie.

Best dancer Snoopy or anyone else? Hmmm, all the peanuts can bust a move when Schroeder plays piano.

Should Frosty have been named Oatmeal? No way. (But I love that part in show)

If a bell rings does an angel get his wings? Duh, of course!

Is that you Santa Clause? Yes, that was the actual Santa Clause in Miracle on 34th Street. I loooooooved that movie when I was little. So magical!

MichelleS November 26, 2017 at 7:15 PM

Maryse… those are some pricey trees! I just can’t spend that much. I probably have over the years, replacing trees. Overstock has a bunch right now too! And those lights go out after a few years, so I don’t want to invest too much.

MichelleS November 26, 2017 at 7:19 PM

I like this one…it’s a well known maker & has lots of lights. And they have extra 20% off online! Still pricey, but pretty!

bev November 26, 2017 at 7:22 PM

I didn’t realise the fake ones cost so much, look a lot more real.

Tasha J November 26, 2017 at 7:24 PM

But, A Christmas Story! It plays ALL day on Christmas. “You’ll shoot you eye out,” the infamous scene with the leg lamp (frageelay), the scene with the triple dog dare and the tongue to the flagpole, biting the nasty red soap for a bad word, the bully scene where Ralphie kicks some A, the dogs ruining dinner so they have Chinese, the huge coats to keep the little brother warm so he walks like a penguin, the pink bunny pajamas!!

bev November 26, 2017 at 7:25 PM

Leslie that was a total fake out.

Water them and don’t put actual candles on them. Pretty sure a squirrel jumping out is very very rare. If it happens just tell him merry Christmas and open the door for him.

Tessa November 26, 2017 at 7:27 PM

*high five Leslie* Yeah, the I Hate A Christmas Story club has now been formed.

Leslie M November 26, 2017 at 7:34 PM

I also hate Polar Express.

Tasha J November 26, 2017 at 7:34 PM

I just bought a new fake tree last year, our hardware has really nice ones like that website, but mine wasn’t that much. The only tree I’ve ever bought myself. It has soft bristles and plastic ones to make it look more real and only 2 pieces that click together easy. We put a wood crate around the bottom bc I’m into that at the moment. I like the galvanized tubs too, but the wood probably fits my decor better. I saw a super cute tree decorated sparsely with fake succulents, white snowflakes and frosted pinecones that looked very real over the weekend and loved it! So different!

bev November 26, 2017 at 7:35 PM

I can’t believe I forgot the most classic of all.
A metal pole, that’s all you need Maryse.

Leslie M November 26, 2017 at 7:35 PM

This is my tree:

It looks tiny and skinny in pic but its not. I also paid less for mine at B.J.s

Tasha J November 26, 2017 at 7:43 PM

I don’t wanna put that much work into a real tree. When I was younger, I always wanted a real tree, but my parents took care of it. There’s the hauling of it, the mess, remembering to water it, probably bugs waiting to come out of hibernation ;) , and ridding of it when it’s over AND stringing lights. With fake (pre-lit), there’s the 1 time haul, in a box, it’s lighter, you snap it together and fluff and ur done.

Maryse November 26, 2017 at 8:57 PM

Oh I LOVE that MichelleS!!! YES!!!!

Maryse November 26, 2017 at 8:57 PM

Tasha I kind of LOVE it. If I had two trees (many put up multiple trees now), this would be one of mine. It’s so CUTE!!!!

Maryse November 26, 2017 at 9:00 PM

MichelleS that link to that tree… OMG IT IS PERFECT! That is exactly the one I want. PERFECT! I hope they sell it to me for $75 after Christmas. ;) .

Maybe even $50. LOL! GAH it IS PERFECT!

Maryse November 26, 2017 at 9:01 PM

*looks up A Christmas Story*

*has no recollection of any of these scenes…*

*chagrined*

Maryse November 26, 2017 at 9:02 PM

LOL bev!!

My dogs would lose their minds and would be chasing that squirrel until the tree was DESTROYED. LOL!!!!

Maryse November 26, 2017 at 9:02 PM

Can we form the “I love Elf” club? :D

Tessa November 26, 2017 at 9:05 PM

I still haven’t seen Elf. *blushes*

Maryse November 26, 2017 at 9:10 PM

Leslie, it’s BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!

Maryse November 26, 2017 at 9:11 PM

Tessa!!!!!

*gasp!!!*

Should Tessa continue her non-Elf knowing ways?

I THINK NOT.

MichelleS November 26, 2017 at 9:23 PM

Best Christmas movie is Christmas Vacation! The lights, the squirrel, the Rottweiler, his cousin in a trailer, the jello mold, the wrapped cat.., I mean, seriously? Does any other movie come close?

I think not!

MichelleS November 26, 2017 at 9:24 PM

Maryse – they never have the flocked ones leftover, which is why I grabbed the deal at $99.

MichelleS November 26, 2017 at 9:26 PM

I also hate Polar Express. And I love Elf. And a adore Love, Actually.

Leslie M November 26, 2017 at 9:45 PM

I love Elf.

Smiling is my favorite.

Amy November 26, 2017 at 9:56 PM

I keep seeing “I think not” and I crack up every single time. Every. Single. Time.

Why?

BECAUSE I CHANNELED GRETCHEN WEINERS AND MADE FETCH HAPPEN!!!!

(Which, by the way, I had no intention of doing when I said that…it just sounded right at the time for bev *snort*)

Amy November 26, 2017 at 9:59 PM

“*high five Leslie* Yeah, the I Hate A Christmas Story club has now been formed.”

What. The. Heck.

Y’all SUCK.

I’ve never seen the Polar Express or Elf and I don’t like Christmas Vacation but I love A Christmas Story so NANNY-NANNY-BOO-BOO!!! I’ll be in my own club and love it all by myself!! *runs from room sobbing*

Jan November 26, 2017 at 10:08 PM

Me too Amy. I’m looking for excuses to say I think not. ‘Flocked’ sounds a little euphemistic. What does ‘get flocked’ mean, mummy?

I checked out Undefeated on amazon.au and the book blurb/description is ‘A Rugby Romance’. LOL.That’s it. Oh well. I guess an extended blurb will come.

I one clicked on the Stage Dive novella – it’s up for preorder even though it’s not out till NEXT SEPTEMBER! LOL. But it’s stage dive. No brainer.

Jan November 26, 2017 at 10:09 PM

Hah, I don’t mean me too *runs away crying*. *stops to comfort Amy* I meant me too to your previous post LOL. I just got sidetracked (my hubs just made me a coffee) before I posted.

Jan November 26, 2017 at 10:11 PM

Hey! *my hubs just made me a coffee* ISN’T A EUPHEMISM. You guys. Sheesh.

Jan November 26, 2017 at 10:11 PM

Oh! Missed my chance to say I THINK NOT!

Amy November 26, 2017 at 10:14 PM

Okay, I’ll run out dramatically AFTER I answer the questions…

Christmas 20 questions:

Fake tree or real tree?
Fake. I hate cleaning up needles and having to get rid of the tree after Christmas.

Fat tree or thin tree?
Fat. Definitely.

Multicolor lights or white lights?
White, inside and out. :D

Candy canes or ribbon candy?
Candy canes.

A hula hoop or a plane that loops the loop?
Hula hoop…those b!tches will whittle down the waist in no time!

B.B. gun or leg lamp?
B.B. gun…so I can shoot someone’s eye out.

Best dancer Snoopy or anyone else?
Does it have to be a Christmas show? Because if not…

Should Frosty have been named Oatmeal?
No. :? What joke am I missing?

If a bell rings does an angel get his wings?

Is that you Santa Clause?
Oh yes. :)

Amy November 26, 2017 at 10:17 PM

Made you a coffee, huh?

Is that what they’re calling it nowadays? :P

Amy November 26, 2017 at 10:22 PM

Leslie, that tree is SO pretty! One year we had a white Christmas here (fingers crossed for another one!) and the pine trees outside looked very similar to that. *sigh*

Jan November 26, 2017 at 10:22 PM

;)

Amy November 26, 2017 at 10:24 PM

Now I’m shopping on Amazon for new tree decorations even though I already have more than enough. Are you guys a bad influence?

I think not.

Cheryl November 26, 2017 at 10:38 PM

I LOVE a Christmas Story and It’s A Wonderful Life!!

Fake tree or real tree?Real- my kids take turns picking the tree.

Fat tree or thin tree? Fat

Multicolor lights or white lights? White

Candy canes or ribbon candy? Candy canes

A hula hoop or a plane that loops the loop? Hula hoop

B.B. gun or leg lamp? B.B gun. I won one in a shooting contest as a kid.

Best dancer Snoopy or anyone else? Pepermint Patty

Should Frosty have been named Oatmeal? no

If a bell rings does an angel get his wings? Yes!

Is that you Santa Clause? Yes.

bev November 26, 2017 at 10:45 PM

TESSA & AMY!!

WEST COAST BUDDY WATCH OF ELF, FRIDAY NIGHT!

C’mon we can live watch it’ll be fun.

Pizza or Chinese food with candy canes and cotton balls for desert.

Is this a bad idea?

I think not.

Fake trees on the other hand….

Come on Jan my hope for real lies with you.

bev November 26, 2017 at 10:46 PM

Cheryl!

And that’s the way you do it people.

Amy November 26, 2017 at 10:57 PM

Woo-hoo! Our Cheryl is a shootin’ gal!!

Okay, I’ll watch Elf Friday night with you West Coast ladies. :D Chinese food for sure with some candy canes (or at least candy cane martinis ;) ) for dessert.

But cotton balls?

I think not.

Amy November 26, 2017 at 10:59 PM

I just spent $50 on Japanese Hi-Chews from Amazon. All because I’m feeling nostalgic.

I’ve got issues, people.

bev November 26, 2017 at 11:02 PM

As do all people who but fake trees.

Amy November 26, 2017 at 11:07 PM

*flicks Hi-Chew at bev’s head*

Jan November 26, 2017 at 11:16 PM

Japanese Hi-Chew?? WTH? What is this thing?

OK
Fake tree or real tree? Sorry bev, I’m a faker.

Fat tree or thin tree? Medium

Multicolor lights or white lights? Multi

Candy canes or ribbon candy? I dunno what ribbon candy is??? So, candy canes, I guess??

A hula hoop or a plane that loops the loop? Hula hoop. I was really good at when I was 9!

B.B. gun or leg lamp? ??

Best dancer Snoopy or anyone else? Um?

Should Frosty have been named Oatmeal? Um, no?

If a bell rings does an angel get his wings? Um??

Is that you Santa Clause? Um, maybe???

Er, I think I haven’t watched enough Christmas movies. I’d better get on that.

Tessa November 26, 2017 at 11:24 PM

Amy, don’t you have a Japanese grocery store near you? They usually sell stuff like that. I wonder if the one near me does, or even better, rice paper candy! And and and, those weird little cracker sticks that are flavorful. Orr…. A Totoro cheesy thing? I gotta visit it.

bev November 26, 2017 at 11:36 PM

Jan Jan Jan.

I don’t know what to say.

bev November 26, 2017 at 11:37 PM

So, do the ones from Japan taste different than the version sold here? Which are yummy.

bev November 26, 2017 at 11:42 PM

Oh, I forgot about this. So I love him, one of my favorites. One of my absolute favorites. However I never knew what to make of this. First time I saw it I think shocked silence and laughter.

So, on this note of Christmas I will say good night.

P.s. Tessa. Elf. BUDDY WATCH. Bring the syrup.

Amy November 27, 2017 at 12:21 AM

The ones from Japan actually do have a slightly different taste, less sugary but more flavorful if that makes sense. The strawberry yogurt and dragonfruit flavors… *drool*

Amy November 27, 2017 at 12:21 AM

Goodnight bev. ;)

Grey November 27, 2017 at 8:07 PM

Fake tree or real tree? Fake… although I love the look and smell of a real tree, we’re pretty allergy-ridden around here, so we keep it fake and friendly, lol!

Fat tree or thin tree? aw, why do we have to give the fat shame the tree…lol. It prefers the term fluffy….

Multicolor lights or white lights? White lights came on the tree, IDC personally…

Candy canes or ribbon candy? Candy canes

A hula hoop or a plane that loops the loop? Hula hoop

B.B. gun or leg lamp? Leg lamp! I have one actually! No hiding Amy, I’ve got your back on this one!

Best dancer Snoopy or anyone else? No one like the original Snoop Dog…haha

Should Frosty have been named Oatmeal? No, definitely not.

If a bell rings does an angel get his wings? Sure, why not!

Is that you Santa Clause? LOL, absolutely, in my red suit and everything.