Alison G. Bailey has a brand new book (Stop!) that she’s about to release, on June 25th, and we’re having a little pre-celebration today!! She’s sent us over the gorgeous cover, a fun “5 Fun Facts” about the book AND a signed book giveaway along with a $10 Amazon gift card to one lucky commenter below!!
I loved her book “Present Perfect” so I’m definitely intrigued by this one, ’cause it totally sounds like our kind of book. It kind of sounds like it’s gonna be a “bully” (or outcast?) book!
What’s it about?
Every life has a different path full of sharp turns, smooth curves, and steep drop offs.
Hollis Murphy has a plan—college, career, boyfriend, love, marriage, family. A predictable, normal life. She’s on track until an outside force causes her to crash and burn. They call it an accident, because that’s the only word they know to explain what happens to her. It helps everyone move on with their lives, except for Hollis. She holds on to the belief that she’s been targeted for a reason.
Risher Stevenson is intelligent, caring, sweet, and the hottest boy Hollis has ever laid eyes on. He fits perfectly into her original plan for a normal life. Everyone loves him.
Benton Daniels is intelligent, caring, sweet, and the bravest boy Hollis has ever met. He doesn’t fit into her life but gives it purpose and makes it extraordinary. Everyone hates him.
One is bullied. One is tormented. All are judged. How will it STOP?
Ohhhhh that sounds like it’s gonna be tumultuous and hard on us. Just like I love ‘em! Take a look at this teaser:
“Look, why don’t you let her go.” My head jerked toward Benton.
The guy in front glared at us for several seconds before looking over at his friend.
A slimy smile crawled across his face, as his gaze shifted back, alternating between the two of us. “Okay.”
Benton released my hand. “Get out of here, Hollis.”
“I’m not leaving you. Let’s just start walking,” I whispered.
“They’ll follow us. Go now and don’t stop until you’re back in your room.”
I LOVE books, and I especially love when we get a little sneak peek to to kind of … introduce it to us, and to already “know” it personally, ya know? Like right now! ‘Cause the authors also tells us a bit about herself, too!
6 Fun Facts
Maryse asked me to reveal five fun facts about me and my upcoming new release Stop!, out June 25. Here we go.
- The cover model for Stop! is my niece, Paige.
- There is a real person who was my inspiration for the character of Benton in Stop! I found him when doing my research for the book. His name is Benton.
- There is a different line in each of my books that makes me giggle no matter how many times I read them. In Stop!, Hollis’s BFF Maggie says,
“You know what I mean, right? When he revs my cho-cho.”
I’m giggling as I write this.
- I can’t write a book without including at least one song from Lifehouse on the playlist.
- I consume copious amounts of Diet Pepsi while writing.
- Here’s an extra one for you. One time, I was approached by a guy in a bar who insisted he knew me and used to call me Sugar Britches.
*snort* Alright, Sugar. This one looks so good!
And let’s get a nice close-up of that cover, shall we?
- Website: http://alisongbailey.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AlisonGBaileyAuthor
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlisonGBailey1
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/alisongbailey/
- Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/alisongbailey/present-perfect-by-alison-g-bailey/
- Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7032185.Alison_G_Bailey
Now for the giveaway: a signed book giveaway along with a $10 Amazon gift card!!
How to enter for a chance to win? Just leave a comment below (and to make it more fun, if you want to… tell us a “fun fact” about yourself), and by 10pm EST, Wednesday June 24th 2015, I will randomly select ONE winner for the prize above.
The winner will be contacted and will have 48hrs to respond with a mailing address, so if you are picked, do not delay or you will lose your chance. This book & gift card will be sent to the winner directly by the author.
Giveaway open to US addresses only, although all are welcome to comment!