BLURB JOLTS: One Wish by Jaimie Roberts (YES YES YESSS!! Love the sound of this one. She’s obsessed with a Hollywood star and makes a wish for him but…”…but there is a major snag. She can’t remember who she is . . . and her Hollywood hotshot hates her guts…”) The Sacrifice: A dark captive arranged marriage romance by Kitty Thomas (YEAH!! Love this dark darkkkkk read author, and she catches the bouquet…), You Made a Fool of Death with Your Beauty (FORBIDDENY!! She’s dating the perfect guy, but… “…their new relationship might be sabotaged before it has a chance by the overwhelming desire Feyi feels every time she locks eyes with the one person in the house who is most definitely off-limits—his father...” GASP!!!) 😮
1.) We went to hang out with friends yesterday and eat pizza, and watch the hockey game. GO BOLTS!!!!
2.) The friend has a beautiful “red doberman” (I say it looks like a milk chocolate but I guess they call that “red”). He is the sweeeeeetest thing. Still a puppy I suppose (maybe a year or 2 old?), despite being full grown. He loves snuggles and playing (especially tug of war), and giving kisses. Best doggy ever (next to mine, that is 😉 )
<— SHE ESCAPES FROM HER ABUSIVE HUSBAND ALERT!! Almost Like You by Karen Crompton IS LIVE & she is sponsoring this week’s Friday newsletter!
This sounds right up my romance/domestic thriller dark alley! I love the whole starting over/hiding out theme (and then meeting someone… and learning to trust again. The dangers… the slow burn. YES PLEASE) This one just gave me a HUGE blurb jolt!
And on release day, the author let us into her writing world about this particular story:
BLURB JOLTS: June First <— HOLY MOLY FORBIDDEN LOVE ALERT!! And that’s all I gotta say about that, but oh boy did it give me a jolt! Beach House Summer (her celebrity husband dies in a crash, and she decides to befriend the mysterious pregnant woman that was in his car…)
P.S. Don’t forget to check out:
- Friday Finds & Reader Recommendations – 05-13-2022 <— Amazing trued-and-true recommendations!
- Monday Early Bird Book Releases – 05-16-2022 <— Yesterday’s including one from Lauren Blakely & also one from Lauren Runow that gave me a HUGE blurb jolt!
- Reader Questions <— a bunch of new ones and a bunch more coming right up!
READER RECOMMENDATIONS & BARGAIN FINDS:
- Rescued: A Collection of Contemporary Romances with Heart, Heat, and Dog Treats <— ANTHOLOGY SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! “…What happens when 10 dog-loving romance authors get together and brainstorm? Why, books with rescue dogs, sexy heroes, dirty talking, and lots of dog treats, of course….”
- Heroes MC Fort Bragg: Books 1-3: (Heroes MC Fort Bragg Books 1-6) (Heroes MC Collection Book 3) by Autumn Summers
- Rising Tides: The Complete Series by Grace Meyers <— SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN!!
- Desperate Daughters: A Bluestocking Belles Collection With Friends <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE ANTHOLOGY SUPER-BARGAIN!
- The Hot Zone by Carly Phillips <— SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN!!
- Something Blue: A Sweet Romance Anthology <— SUPER-BARGAIN ANTHOLOGY!! “…Toss the bouquet and say “I do” to this collection of sweet wedding-themed romcoms from the team who brought you the USA Today Bestseller Christmas Actually! 18 all-new novellas by New York Times and USA Today bestselling authors…”
PARANORMAL/FANTASY/SCI-FI/DYSTOPIAN NEW RELEASES:
- Captain of the Guard (Galactic Kings Book 3) by Anna Hackett
- Emperor of Dragons (Black Veil Series Book 2) by Davidson King
- Luka: Alien Adoption Agency #11 by Tasha Black
- The Witch’s Tree: An unforgettable, heart-breaking, gripping timeslip novel for 2022 by Elena Collins <— TIME TRAVEL!! “…Separated by three hundred years, two women are drawn together by a home bathed in blood and magic. Grace Cotter’s spirit needs to rest, and only Selena can help her now…”
- Shifter Village (Hearts of Stone Book 3) by C.D. Gorri
- The Wall: A Dystopian Love Story Thriller by L.J. Sellers <— SHE’S DRAGGED OFF TO A DETENTION CAMP! “…Ronin, a bodytaker, experiences his own awakening when he tinkers with his state-issued phone and receives a message from a stranger outside the wall—then falls madly in love with Jayla, a woman of a different class he can never be with. As their troubles escalate to a life-and-death crisis, so do the enclave’s. Jayla and Ronin are determined to expose the deceitful authoritarian regime…”
- From Bad to Cursed (The Witches of Thistle Grove Book 2) by Lana Harper <— THE BAD GIRL & THE GOOD BOY!! “…Rowan is the very definition of lawful good, so tragically noble and by-the-book he makes Issa’s teeth hurt. In accordance with their families’ complicated history, he and Issa have been archenemies for years and have grown to heartily loathe each other. But as the unlikely duo follow a perplexing trail of clues to a stunning conclusion, Issa and Rowan discover how little they really know each other…”
- Marked For Strife: An Alien Fated Mates Romance (Crashed And Claimed Book 2) by Susan Hayes
- Of Visions & Secrets (Tenebris: An Occult Romance Book 1) by Kathryn Ann Kingsley
- Defeating Nightmares (I.S.S. Book 3) by M. Sinclair
CONTEMPORARY NEW RELEASES:
- June First by Jennifer Hartmann <— IT’S FINALLY LIVE & LYNN LOVED IT!! OMG SOUNDS FORBIDDEN. “…When I was six years old, my father made a choice that altered the course of my entire life. Because of what he did, the only girl I ever loved became the only girl I couldn’t have. In a lot of ways, I did have her… I had her first steps, her first words, her first smile. I had her milestones, her heartbreaks, her dreams. I had her heart so woven in with mine, I didn’t know where she ended, and I began. Only, as the years pressed on, lines became blurred—and the blurrier the line, the easier it is to cross…”
Lynn: I have just finished an ARC of Jennifer latest book called June First which releases on 17th May and wow what a journey that book took me on!!! Emotional heartache, forbidden, and tragic. I could not put the book down and the tears that flowed were endless. Highly recommend this all-consuming read.
Now… time to build today’s early list so keep checking back. Can’t wait to hear how your weekend was, and if you’re reading or watching or eating something amazing.
1.) I watched the latest (new season!!) of Dexter! “New Blood”. It was really good. REALLY good. The big season reveal (well one of them, anyway 😉 ) I saw coming since I read (and loved) a book with a similar… theme. Let’s just say – that part of it – didn’t disappoint.