For paid advertising & promotion on maryse.net please contact me here.
Do you need a high-traffic site to give an honest review?
11,000 , 20,000 , 25,000 “likes” and many more readers.
This site: well over 250,000 individual readers per month, with over a million page views per month.
Mailing list: over 6000 members.
Book forum: several hundred readers and thousands of posts in just a few months.
(data current as of December. 2012)
If you have an e-book or printed book that you’d like me to review, please read the info below on how I handle review requests/book submissions.
A few notes about how I post reviews.
- ARC’s are appreciated, but not required. I purchase 99% of the books I review. You absolutely don’t have to send an ARC to be reviewed. Just write a book I want to read. 🙂
- I do not cross post. If I review a book, it is reviewed on my site and it is not also posted on other sites like goodreads and amazon. I do mention my reviews on facebook.
- I do not release reviews early. I want to share the books I read with my readers. And I want them to share their books with me. I release reviews on “release day” at the earliest.
- I do not accept any form of payment from authors or publishers for reviews.
Currently I LOVE “Chick Lit” and contemporary romance with bad boy (especially rock star) heroes. I also enjoy paranormal alpha heroes with human heroines (whether they be urban fantasy or paranormal romance), however I am not opposed to reading other genres. I love to read everything, but these are my current “thrill”. Also, while I do read (and enjoy) YA, my current focus is on adult books or stories about “college aged” and/or older characters.
Books and series that I have absolutely loved:
- J.R. Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood series
- Jeaniene Frost’s Night Huntress series
- Karen Marie Moning’s Fever Series
- Lynsay Sands’ Argeneau Vampires
- Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark Hunter series
Contemporary Romance (LOVED these!!)
- Jamie McGuire’s Beautiful Disaster (ultimate “bad boy”)
- Tina Reber’s Love Unscripted (famous actor falls in love with “normal” girl…)
- Jessica Park’s Flat Out Love (awesome and exciting twist)
- S.C. Stephens’ Thoughtless and Effortless (most intense love triangle ever)
- E.L. James’ Fifty Shades of Grey series (most addictive “emotionally tortured” alpha male hero)
- I haven’t read that much in contemporary romance, yet… maybe you can help?
As you can see, I am a HUGE fan of indie / self-pub work.
I’m always open to new books and series, but I’ve also got a large “to be read” list, going at all times. While recently I’ve been known to deviate from my planned reading list (when I need a “genre change” to refresh me, or something really catches my eye), I do try to stick to a certain reading schedule.
Feel free to send your book my way if you’d like, but I can’t guarantee that I’ll read it or review it. You can use this form to upload your book right now. Or, feel free to email your epub, .prc or .mobi book to [email protected] (you can also email me with your news updates, especially book signings, and upcoming releases. Again, I may not post all of the submitted news, however I’ll likely include them in my “news” posts, if they coincide).
I read on my iPad (mostly using the Kindle app) and almost every book ever sent to me has ended up on it. When I burn out on a genre I always look to my submissions section for new books and new genres to recharge with. If I do read your book and am able to review it, I will let you know when I publish the review.
These are “terms” simply because I needed something to say here 😉 I get many emails asking if I’ll review a book, and I’m always honored to be considered. While I wish I could read everything sent to me, time constraints and the fact that I review almost everything I do read, means that I am limited in reading time.
Please don’t take this to mean that I wouldn’t love to hear from you, and about your book.
I would! Seriously….
And even if time won’t allow me to read your book, I do mention books that I’ve found intriguing (even if i haven’t read them yet), to my fellow readers. (I am very lucky to have a current readership that is as much as many print magazines!)
*Currently, over 1,500,000 page views per month (and growing) from well over 250,000 individual readers.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I look forward to hearing from you.
*source: quantcast.com / alexa.com / sitemeter.com / google analytics – 12/01/2012