For paid advertising & promotion on maryse.net please contact me here.
If you have an e-book or printed book that you’d like me to review, please read the info below on how I handle review requests/book submissions (and you can use this form to upload your book).
A few notes about book submissions and my reading & reviewing process:
I read books and review books on a mood-basis. This is what keeps reading and book blogging fun for me. What I’m in the mood for, I read and may (and often do) review. I do not promise or guarantee to read or review a submitted book. If that’s okay with you then feel free to send it my way. 🙂
ARC’s are appreciated, but not required. I purchase most of the books I review. You absolutely don’t have to send an ARC to be reviewed. Just write a book I want to read. 🙂
I do not cross post. If I review a book, it is reviewed on my site and it is not also posted on other sites like goodreads and amazon. I do mention my reviews on Facebook & Twitter.
I don’t always release reviews early. I like to share the books I read with my fellow readers as they are able to read them too (or at least within the week of the book going live so they don’t have too long to wait for it). And I want them to share their favorite books with me (even the older ones!)
I do not accept any form of payment from authors or publishers for reviews. My reviews come from the heart and I write them simply because I want to talk about my experience and emotions while reading the book.
Currently I LOVE “Chick Lit”, psychological thrillers, comedy romance and of course, contemporary romance and new adult stories with an edge (stuff like… unrequited love, angsty love stories, slow burns, forbidden love, stranded with a stranger stories, unconventional love, dark reads, reclusive heroes, and stories of growth).
I also enjoy paranormal alpha heroes with human heroines (whether they be urban fantasy or paranormal romance), however I am not opposed to reading other genres. I love to read everything, but these are my current “thrills”. Also, while I do read (and enjoy) YA, my current focus is on adult books or stories about “college aged” and/or older characters.
Books, series and authors that I have absolutely loved:
- J.R. Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood series
- Jeaniene Frost’s Night Huntress series
- Karen Marie Moning’s Fever Series
- Lynsay Sands’ Argeneau Vampires
- Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark Hunter series
Contemporary Romance & New Adult authors that I love (just to give you an idea):
- Jamie McGuire’s Beautiful Disaster (MY ultimate “bad boy”)
- Tina Reber’s Love Unscripted (famous actor falls in love with “normal” girl…)
- Jessica Park’s Flat Out Love (awesome and exciting twist)
- S.C. Stephens’ Thoughtless and Effortless (most intense love triangle ever)
- E.L. James’ Fifty Shades of Grey series (most addictive “emotionally tortured” alpha male hero)
- Kate Stewart <— She goes there!! Very angsty!
- Emma Scott <— beautiful writing and so much emotion and growth!
- Rachel Higginson <— Just awesome contemporary romance stories that make me cry and laugh.
- Tracey Garvis-Graves (she’s the ultimate plot-twister 😉 And I love her slightly forbidden/unconventional love stories)
- Tessa Bailey (especially her cop-romance!!)
- Colleen Hoover <— Everything from her!! Just… EVERYTHING.
- Tarryn Fisher <— Dark-ish love stories that take emotional risks, villainous & broken (and strong!) heroines and I LOVE that!
- Mariana Zapata <— The ultimate SLOW BURN romance writer.
- Kristen Ashley <— Brooding, moody, alpha-jerks 😉 LOVE!!
As you can see, I am a HUGE fan of indie / self-pub work.
I’m always open to new books and series, but I’ve also got a large “to be read” list, going at all times. While recently I’ve been known to deviate from my planned reading list (when I need a “genre change” to refresh me, or something really catches my eye), I do try to stick to a certain reading schedule.
Feel free to send your book my way if you’d like, but I can’t guarantee that I’ll read it or review it. You can use this form to upload your book right now. Or, feel free to email your epub, .prc or .mobi book to email@example.com (you can also email me with your news updates, especially book signings, and upcoming releases. Again, I may not post all of the submitted news, however I’ll likely include them in my “news” posts, if they coincide).
I read on my iPad (mostly using the Kindle app) and almost every book ever sent to me has ended up on it. When I burn out on a genre I always look to my submissions section for new books and new genres to recharge with. If I do read your book and am able to review it, I will let you know when I publish the review.
These are “terms” simply because I needed something to say here 😉 I get many emails asking if I’ll review a book, and I’m always honored to be considered. While I wish I could read everything sent to me, time constraints and the fact that I review almost everything I do read, means that I am limited in reading time.
Please don’t take this to mean that I wouldn’t love to hear from you, and about your book. I would! 😀
And even if time won’t allow me to read your book, I do mention books that sound intriguing and/or gave me a “blurb jolt” (even if I haven’t read them yet), to my fellow readers. It might be just what they’re in the mood for, too!
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I look forward to hearing from you.