<—- Yippeeeee!!! Look what has just been released. Many in our crew have been CRAZY anxious waiting for it, and it just went live today. Lots of TBR lists just had a major shift. This is latest book in that “fantasy” series by Kristen Ashley. Remember that book I read a few days ago (The Golden Dynasty) that I loved like crazy? Where I ended up hanging my head in shame saying:
“To think I missed out on this beauty, intensity and heartbreak over the word “fantasy” for a year or two, when all along, every bit of the “Kristen Ashley fervent alpha-male love story” I was craving was right there, ready and waiting for me. *sigh* Blasted me and my genre-bias!!
And the worst part is I probably won’t learn my lesson. I’ll still shy away from the “fantasy” genre. Except for anything “fantasy” from this author. I. Am. Sold.”
So yep… I will absolutely be reading the entire series. ;)
PLUS!!! Of course we’ve got quite a few other reader recommendations and bargain finds to play in, like… tattoo artists, a bad boy Navy seal, bad boy billionaire brothers, sports stars, a bridezilla that is tamed by the alpha-chef catering her upcoming wedding (run roh) hehe. Oh!! And one that looks so good and I *think* has that kind of “Arsen-like” theme…
Oh! And a bad-boy who thinks he’s all that, that was just recommended on my “What to read after BD page”… (Oh yes… lots of potential fun to be had!)
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Broken Dove (Fantasyland Series) by Kristen Ashley <—- JUST RELEASED and SOOOOOO many in our crew were anxiously awaiting it. Here is the series reading order The Fantasyland Series Reading Order (and yes, I cheated. I skipped ahead. LOL, ’cause this one was calling to me so hard!) Sam even scolded me a little saying:
Sam: Maryse! I’ve just read all of these books and they are ALL amazing!! You’ve got to read them all!!
Kristi: I have only read Golden Dynasty!
Lori: They are standalones but I think things are going to come together a bit more in this one, you might want to read the others first…
Sarah: I think I would read the other books too Kristi. I agree with Lori, the others will really come together more in this book.
Julie: Kristi, the other books have a lot of character detail and you’ll miss a lot if you don’t read them plus they’re so good!! … All the characters are mentioned in all the books and I think they’ll all intertwine …
Lori: Yes I think they’ll all come together in this book-I’d read the others first.
- The Undisciplined Bride by Ginger Voight <— (thanks Aimee!) — Rich spoiled girl marrying rich (and boring sounding) guy… that is, until she meets middle-class chef catering her wedding that won’t take her bridezilla-ness. “Mateo, unlike any other man she’s ever met, doesn’t put up with Peyton’s behavior. With a masculine energy that she finds alluring and exciting, he turns her entitled existence upside down by showing her she’s not always the boss. No one is more surprised than she is when she finds out that she kind of likes it.“
- The Sweetest Game (The Game Series, Book Three) by J. Sterling <— JUST RELEASED – angsty baseball star romance! (here’s the series reading order).
- Damian (The Heartbreaker) by Jessica Wood <— JUST RELEASED and Hannah recommended it in my “What to Read After Beautiful Disaster” page saying: “I literally just finished Damien by Jessica Wood and that was really good. He’s basically a self-proclaimed man whore who’s allergic to commitment until he meets a small town girl who’s just moved into his apartment block.” Okay… I’m in!
- A Woman Gone Mad by Kimber S. Dawn <— JUST RELEASED (Erin found this one), and while we haven’t read it yet, just by that synopsis… oh it sounds like it’s gonna be a tumultuous affair and “Arsen-like” . That’s my code word now. “Arsen”. For books like “these”. But wait. I’m just getting a “hint” of that from the synopsis (’cause it mentions she’s already IN her “happily ever after”). I could be wrong, though… “When your first true love comes crashing into your happily ever after, you’re supposed to walk away. Not fall back in love. But saying no to Leo was something Lillian could never do… Once lines are crossed is there any going back?” What do you guys think?
- Tattered Love (Needle’s Kiss #1) by Lola Stark <— thanks Aimee! (book #2 was just released, below). “When ex-Special Ops bad-ass Mace walks into Needle’s Kiss tattoo parlour, he never expected to find the girl who would turn his life upside down. Hard as nails Scarlett has been unlucky in love: she’s been burnt, chewed up and spat out. Reluctant to have another relationship, can she keep her wits about her when hot-as-sin Mace walks into her tattoo parlor? Or will he break her down and leave his mark within her ink?“
- Conflicted Love (Needle’s Kiss #2) by Lola Stark <— JUST RELEASED (Sarah found us this one!)
- Secrets of the Ghosts -The Sleeper by Solease. M Barner <— Aimee found us this one saying: ” caught my eye a while back..”
- Thou Shalt Not by JJ Rossum <— Jennifer found us this bargain and Sadie says: “Loved it! Looking forward to whatever JJ Rossum writes next.” but Kathy mentions: “It was just ok for me. It ends with a big ?” <— Does that mean cliffhanger or an ambiguous ending? But it does sound good! “Luke Harper was finally starting to settle into his life – a life that had previously been full of more heartbreak and pain than most people ever experienced. He had a job he loved, and was blissfully content in his on-again, off-again relationship with the striking, and highly sexual, Holly. But, life throws Luke another curveball with the arrival of the alluring April, a woman stuck in a tumultuous, violent marriage to a famous athlete. Luke soon finds himself torn between what is safe, familiar, and right, and what is dangerous, unknown, and forbidden.“
- Skin Deep by Dez Burke <— Nancy found us this deal. Lots of great reviews (he’s scarred from a racing accident) “Stock car racing champion, Shane Davis had it all-money, fast cars and even faster women until a fiery crash changed everything in a flaming instant. Shane never intends to get married; not with the way he looks now. He knew no woman could ever love him and wasn’t about to find out if he was wrong. But when he needed a woman in his life to play a pretend girlfriend for a few short weeks, he selected the one he felt would suit his needs with no strings attached: Angela Neil.“
- Pure Temptation (Tempted) by Eve Carter <— This is one that was on one of the latest “new releases” posts (girl that finds suitcase full of money and a “a deadly underground MMA fighting cartel”).
- Theirs to Play (New Adult Erotic Romance) (Billionaire Games) by Kenya Wright <— Kelly recommends this deal saying “just finished “Theirs to Play” by Kenya Wright and LOVED it!” — “Two billionaire brothers enjoy twisted games where women are the sport. They find a female, date her, and compete to see who can bed her first.“
- Double Full (A Nice Guys Series) by Kindle Alexander <— Football hero m/m romance (thanks Aimee!!) and Kandace says: “The sample was so hot!!!!!”
- Ruined By You (Maggie & Haden #1) by Kelly Harper <— Aimee says: “both Ruined and Saved by You are on sale.” —> “One night, Maggie meets sexy and mysterious Haden, and he agrees to help her find a band for the competition. As Maggie and Haden work side by side, secrets are unleashed that make Maggie question everything she thought she knew about Haden, and the reason for her summer in Green Falls. Secrets, so powerful, that her life may never be the same.” Ohhh I wonder what the secret is?
- Saved By You (Maggie & Haden #2) by Kelly Harper <— book #2 ’cause the first one ends on a cliffhanger.
- Beck (Corps Security #3) by Harper Sloan <— Tracie loved it! “Hey everyone!! I just finished Beck by Harper Sloan and it was brilliant!! She keeps getting better and better and the next two books are perfectly set up. 5 huge stars for me… If you loved the other two you will be very happy with this one!!!” and Kandace says: “ I agree, Tracie. Beck’s story was the best one yet!! Loved every word.” (here’s the Corps Security Series Reading Order).
- Love In Between (Love Series) by Sandi Lynn <— Angie recommends this one: “Have u read the book Love in Between by Sandi Lynn its awesome” and Paulette chimed in saying: “totally agree”
- Stealing Promises by Brina Courtney <— JUST RELEASED. The synopsis doesn’t give me “much” by way of what the secret could be, but it’s got that familiar “new adult” theme of downward spiraling…
- Take Me On by Cherrie Lynn <— Georgia loved it. “ Take Me On” by Cherrie Lynn was awesome. It was heart breaking at times but soo good. You will love it.”
- Love Slave for Two (Siren Publishing Menage Amour with Manlove) by Tymber Dalton <— Kandace just pointed this one out saying: “It’s one of my favorite books in this genre. Same author who wrote The Reluctant Dom. … The story is so deep. ” Oh I loved “The Reluctant Dom” <— my review.
- Because of You (Playing with Fire, #2) by Tara Sivec <— Georgia also just finished this one saying: “The second book in ” Playing with Fire”. Non stop action and loving.. but soo much more. You have to read this series. It will keep you up at night.” And Tara Sivec just announced that book #3 will likely be out this January!!
“Is everyone ready for some more hot Navy SEAL love and suspense?! Austin and Gwen will be burning you up on January 21st!”
- The Ex Games by J.S. Cooper <— … they had a fling, she had a secret, he found out and broke her heart. Seven years later… he becomes her boss. Hee hee. Could be good!
- The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters) by Suzanne Brockmann <— tons of great reviews. “Navy seal bad boy…”
- The Light in the Wound by Christine Brae <— Sadie recommends this deal: “I just read The Light in the Wound and I think it’s on sale. It’s a throw your kindle but you can’t put it down kind of book. I went crazy reading it, just ask Kirsten, Britton, Nikki who helped me through it“
- Sweet Home by Tillie Cole <— Lindsay and Kathy pointed out this deal. He’s a star quarterback! Janet liked it: “YES, good deal, this was really good.” and Kandace says: “It’s on the sweeter side. It seems people who like “sweeter” books loved this story and the girls who like dark and gritty books wanted more.“
- Nearly Broken by Devon Ashley <— Kandace found us this deal! “Also, Nearly Broken by Devon Ashley is 99 cents. This is a perfect read for anyone who likes darker books. I thought it was really good.” and Sadie says: “Agree Kandace! Read Nearly Broken this week too! So good. I think Maryse would really like it.”
And a FEW special ones that need to be mentioned:
- Finding My Forever (The Beaumont Series) by Heidi McLaughlin <— PRE-ORDER link is up and it’ll be released in just a couple of days!! December 30th 2013!
- Masquerade: Book 3 in The Games Series by Nyrae Dawn <— Pre-order is up and it will be out January 7th 2014
- Behind His Eyes – Consequences by Aleatha Romig <— releasing January 14th 2014
- Crashed (The Driven Trilogy) by K. Bromberg <— WAIT… don’t get too excited!! It’s the pre-order link. Hehe. (March 3rd 2013 you can get really excited).
- Every Day by David Levithan <— THIS one is out right now, and okay, soooo not bargain priced, but Sadie just sent me this recommendation (and it’s loved by a few of our favorite authors) and she’s SO right. That synopsis has me intrigued and hurting already. Sadie says: “Maryse – I have no idea if this book will be your cup of tea BUT when a book is recommended by the author trifecta – Tarryn Fisher, Colleen Hoover, Karina Halle – I’m on it. Saw this one recommended by each of them on GR/FB and I had to check it out. This book is OUT THERE (just read the blurb). It’s…unique. Refreshing. I don’t think it’s perfect; it offers more questions than answers, but it made me think and my heart ache. Maybe you’ve already read it! Just thought I’d pass it along because I’m sure this one won’t leave me for a while. ” Here’s the synopsis below:
There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.