Ok, today I’m blog-stalking while I work (bad me! but so much fun!). Let’s see what the authors are revealing in their blogs this week I’ll try to post book related news only but check out their blogs anyway for some cool introspective posts (ok, note – some are older posts, but still news to me! So now, news to you )
- Shiloh Walker has blogged about the book she self-published called Beg Me (she controlled everything about it, and enjoyed that, but admits, it’s hard). Here’s the cover, and an excerpt. She’s also giving away a copy of Haunted by Your Touch - check out her blog for details.
- Alyson Noel blogs her cover of “Shimmer” – so cute! She’s also signing “Night Star (Immortals)” at her book release on Nov 16th (Barnes and Noble in California)!! Check out the link for details. ALSO she tweeted: Her last book in the Immortals series (Everlasting) is scheduled for release in 2011.
- Ann Aguirre posts her “Shady Lady: A Corine Solomon Novel” cover and the cover and title for her new YA novel —>The Enclave (formerly known as Razorland)
- Michele Bardsley is writing “Now Or Never” (book #2 in her Nevermore Wizards series), and blogs about writing in general and the difference between her two series:
Broken Heart has a casualness to it, an informal approach to narrative where slang, cussing, contractions, and colloquialisms create the familiar vibe.
Nevermore, despite being a small town in Texas with a slightly Southern feel, is more sophisticated. Urbane. Dark. Formal. It’s not without its humorous moments, but unlike Broken Heart, the style is meant to loiter on the edge of urban fantasy and paranormal romance.
- Michele Bardsley is also excited because: “I’m doing the happy dance because my proposal for Broken Heart 9 has been approved. Woot! And yes, it’s another werewolf: Drake. And an archaeologist named Moira. And we get to meet Shamhat and Amahte. Finally, right?”
- Ilona Andrews posts her “Magic Slays (Kate Daniels)” cover
- Stacia Kane is writing Downside 4 and is pleased with her progress I can’t wait!! She blogs about her Halloween, a cute pic of her is posted with her glasses, and she ever speaks of that new show “Walking Dead”. I watched it and loved it – and like her, I’ve never been a zombie fan (that’s more my husband’s thing…) What is it with guys and zombies? Anyway all that to say, I LOVE her blog. I can relate to her so well. And it’s not just cause she invented Terrible ALSO! She has a short “Downside” story that will be included in the Home Improvement: Undead Edition Anthology.
- Larissa Ione is writing (60K this month), and so news may be sparse for a bit
- Cassandra Clare has posted a “Clockwork Angel Answer Post” – she says DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT READ Clockwork Angel - ALSO NEWS!!! “City of Bones” is being developed as a film (Sony Pictures) – read about the details here
- Terry Garey is finishing up her new novel “The tentative title is BORN INTO DARKNESS” (and is book# 2 in Sammy’s spin-off “Divine Bargain” spin-off series. Yes. You heard me Squee!
- Chloe Neill is five days away from her “Hard Bitten” deadline (expected release date: May 2011). Here is the synopsis, and we’re getting closer to her book Hexbound (Dark Elite, Book 2).
- Jacquelyn Frank discusses her latest release “Drink of Me” – it’s a standalone, and she says:
Of course, I know you people…you’re all gonna fall in love with this group of guys and you’re going to start pestering me for more books and to make a series out of it. Well…I have learned to never say never, so let’s just say ‘not at this time’ and leave it at that, shall we?
- Jacquelyn Frank also discusses another recent release The Bid (and gives us a quick synopsis). Sounds good!!
- Chris Marie Green will be at the Las Vegas Book Festival this weekend signing Saturday at 12pm.
- Richelle Mead has posted her “Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, Book 6)” tour schedule.
- Gena Showalter has just recently turned in her next story (draft) ”Twisted”, and is beginning her next one entitled “Dark Taste of Rapture” (Noelle Tremain’s story). She’s also working on her “Lord of the Vampires” edits (wow, I saw her at a booksigning once, and when she said she worked all the time, she wasn’t kidding!!)
- Jeri Smith-Ready is working on “Let it Bleed”
- Jocelynn Drake has submitted her latest “Burn the Night” (book# 6 – the longest book of the series) –> “Mira and Danaus get to spend a little time developing their relationship”.
- Karen Marie Moning posted about a Launch Party for Shadowfever in NEW ORLEANS!! I wanna goooooo! Click here for the details.
- Katie MacAlister tweets: “It’s been five long years in the making, but at last, Ben and Fran are back. Happy In the Company of Vampires day, everyone” —>In the Company of Vampires: A Dark Ones Novel
- Kelley Armstrong’s fall newsletter is up! News from the Otherworld and posts a free online Novella “Becoming” —> “This free online graphic novella tells the story of Elena’s “becoming” a werewolf—that dark period from the time Clay bites her through her escape to Toronto.”
- Leanna Renee Hieber announces a new YA paranormal series: “Come November, 2011, I’ll begin my new Victorian Paranormal Young Adult series: MAGIC MOST FOUL…”
- Michelle Rowen is also writing a new YA series (angels and demons working together! Sounds good)
- Molly Harper posts the cover for her upcoming “The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf“. Here is her blog on the Naked Werewolves (synopsis for both books and and cover art). She also confirms: “I can finally announce that there will be a fourth Jane Jameson book”
- P.C. Cast posts the cover for “Awakened (House of Night)” – OMG that’s gorgeous!!!
- Rachel Caine’s signing tour schedule
- Rachel Vincent is giving away an ARC (My Soul to Steal (Soul Screamers, Book 4)) - enter by November 10th!!
That’s all folks! At least from what I could find out there – but then again, WOW that’s a lot of news!!
Want to read these blogs directly? Check out my Authors Who Tweet post, and make sure to follow them! It’s always good stuff!