12 Earlybird Book Releases + some that are going live at midnight…

by Maryse on August 7, 2017 · 49 comments

<— AWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! Okay yeah, this book, on the cover ALONE is MINE!!!!!!!!! Happy Monday to ME!!! :D AND YOU!

P.S. I just finished Tarryn Fisher’s “Atheists Who Kneel and Pray: a romance novel” and it was awesome. It made me cry but at a part that I didn’t expect to cry over. LOVE HER. Review coming shortly…

P.P.S. Not book related, but FUN related. ;) THE DNA KIT!!! ➔ AncestryDNA: Genetic Testing – DNA Ancestry Test Kit <— OMG IT’S BACK ON SALE YOU GUYS!!!! I bought one on Prime Day (mine was the 23andMe kit – but these are the two BIG ones!!) and a bunch of our crew got one too, but then they were sold out. So many were bummed. But it’s back!!! I’m still waiting on my results (but I’ve been watching the lab progress online, and I just got a status update!!! “DNA Analysis Reading your DNA with a genotyping chip.” :D  I’ll let you guys know what my results are. Eeeeeeeep!!!!) I CAN’T WAIT!!!

EARLY BIRDS THAT JUST WENT LIVE RIGHT NOW!!!!!

• So Good (An Alpha Dogs Novel) by Nicola Rendell <— HE ACCIDENTALLY SEES HER THROUGH THE SKYLIGHT ALERT!!! WHOOPS!! (that one up there to the left)…Rosie can’t help but notice that Max is suddenly acting very strange—lots of long stares, totally tongue-tied, and not at all like the slightly cocky hunk she’s proud to call her best friend. She can’t figure it out, until later that night when Max rescues her from the world’s worst date, challenges her to a game of pool, and shows her just exactly what she’s got him thinking about. Repeatedly. But life is complicated. Rosie’s cat, Julia Caesar, wants to eat Max’s dog Cupcake for an afternoon snack. A dream job threatens to pull them apart. And another glance through the skylight changes everything, one more time…
  • Imagines: Not Only in Your Dreams (Imagines: Celebrity Encounters Starring You) by Anna Todd, Ariana Godoy, Bryony Leah, Leigh Ansell, A. Evansley <— “Featuring a story by Anna Todd (AfterNothing More), this is fanfiction at its best, from your favorite Wattpad authors! In this collection drawn from the Imagines anthology come five stories putting “YOU” alongside your celebrities you wish were your BFFs”
  • Aim: A Circle of Justice Novel by L.P. Dover <— HE’S AN FBI AGENT & SHE SHOWS UP AT HIS DOOR… “...My mission is to solve a string of ‘accidental’ hiking deaths occurring around my Wyoming town. When Grace Myers –a woman who’s been missing for days –shows up on my land, it turns out she’s the key to it all. Someone is hunting her, and I make it my duty to keep her safe… “
  • Protecting Their Mate: Part Three (The Last Pack) by Moira Rogers <— PARANORMAL ALERT!!!
  • Seducing His True Love (Small Town Temptations) by Laura Jardine
  • Theirs to Crave (New Adult Erotic Romance) (Billionaire Games Book 2) by Kenya Wright <— IT’S A SEQUEL…
  • The Billionaire’s Paradise (The Sexy Billionaires Series) by Victoria Davies <— SHE’S CONSTANTLY WORKING… “...This trip to paradise is a chance for her to get some sun and have a Mai Tai or three. That is until she runs into billionaire hotel mogul Hayden Wexton, who is absolutely one hundred percent off limits...’
  • Wicked Takeover (Wicked Brand) by Tina Donahue <— SHE JUST INHERITED A TATTOO PARLOR & HE RUNS IT… “Lauren’s in a helluva mess. Not only has she lost her corporate HR job, she’s just inherited Wicked Brand, a struggling West Palm Beach tattoo parlor…along with the virile dude who runs it. Lauren’s full-figured, sorta pretty, and wanting him badly. Dream on. She’s here to sell the place as quickly as possible for some much-needed cash and score a new position in the corporate world…”
  • Under the Bridge (Gold Valley Romance Book 6) by Liz Isaacson
  • Alpha Crew: The Mission Begins: At the Edge and Edge of Surrender by Laura Griffin
  • The Reluctant Thief (Stolen Hearts Book 4) by Mallory Crowe <— EX-COP’S WIFE WAS MURDERED… “...he’s finally about to come face to face with the man who killed her. Except when he’s arrested for a crime he didn’t commit, his revenge plans are put on hold. But he has one ace in his pocket. He has one of the best hackers in the world on his side...”

PREORDERS (going live at midnight!!! :D )

1. Beneath The Truth by Meghan March – August 8th 2017
  2. Bad Deeds (Dirty Money) by Lisa Renee Jones - August 8th 2017
  3. Blade: A Bayou Heat Novella by Alexandra Ivy - August 8th 2017
  4. Any Dream Will Do: A Novel by Debbie Macomber – August 8th 2017
  5. The Wright Mistake by K.A. Linde - August 8th 2017
  6. Blade: A Bayou Heat Novella by Alexandra Ivy & Laura Wright - August 8th 2017
  7. The Flirtation (The Submissive Series Book 10) by Tara Sue Me - August 8th 2017
  8. The Forbidden by Jodi Ellen Malpas - August 8th 2017
  9. Run to You by Jessica Lemmon - August 8th 2017
  10. Wicked Wish (The Wicked Horse Vegas Book 2) by Sawyer Bennett – August 11th 2017

➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2018!)

Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

Linda August 7, 2017 at 5:55 AM

Good morning everyone!!! Back to work after a week of vaca at the beach!!! Gotta say I’m not feelin’ too excited about it. But, So Good!!! Click. Xoxo

Maryse August 7, 2017 at 6:07 AM

Good morning Linda!!!! *hug* Have a good first day back!!!

Jodie August 7, 2017 at 6:18 AM

Lucky I pre-ordered The Wild as it was delivered to my Kindle today. Even more excited to read it now I know it has been banned

Leslie M August 7, 2017 at 6:19 AM

Morning! *says with eyes half open while guzzling coffee*

I have had hardly any reading time lately which is unusual and makes me crabby. *growls *

Good news is starting beach vacation tomorrow afternoon. *relieved sigh*

Sooooo….after the madness of the million things I have to do today, it will be all good. *tries to fast forward clock to tomorrow hotel check in time of 2:00 pm.*

Grey August 7, 2017 at 6:23 AM

Banned?!? I hate that. I want it!!! The book buying restriction is over now and I can, but now… I can’t?!? Amaxon, wtf! No glitter, no confetti, I’m pouting!

Ela August 7, 2017 at 6:42 AM

Morning! Monday’s suck, especially after such an amazing retreat!

Ela August 7, 2017 at 6:43 AM

Banned = catnip

Lisa Aiello August 7, 2017 at 7:48 AM

Ohhhh, don’t get me started on banned books. I mean, I get it. It is their business and they can do whatever they want with their business – sell what they want to whomever they want. But I can judge my own morals, I don’t need someone doing that for me. Of all the things you can buy on Amazon, and they are going to NOT allow me to purchase a book because THEY feel it doesn’t fit their image…pshaw!!! M’kay…I’m done ranting now!

Ela August 7, 2017 at 8:56 AM

PREACH LISA!

Grey August 7, 2017 at 9:14 AM

Right?!? I get real pissy when people try and tell me what I can and cannot do. Not cool, Amazon, not cool.

Cheryl August 7, 2017 at 9:30 AM

Ela, I agree. Banning a book just makes you want it that much more. Don’t understand Amazon’s criteria, because there’s a lot of “risque” books out there. Makes you wonder what about this book got it banned.

Cheryl August 7, 2017 at 9:31 AM

And we are grown women that can decide what we want to read, not have Amazon make that decision for us.

Ela August 7, 2017 at 9:49 AM

It feels like school banning books for students!

I mean look at this book that’s there and available and YES I read it:

Theresa S. August 7, 2017 at 11:05 AM

Ella James, Montana Baby Daddy just went up early

Tabathia B August 7, 2017 at 11:08 AM

Most of the time the books are banned because of complaints, I have seen it happen several times with some of my favorite authors. For example, Lani Lynn Vale had a book or two that was removed before she could get it back up. Then you see authors who write taboo books who aren’t banned and then there is the books like 50 Shades which ended up a best seller for Amazon and wasn’t banned. I think it’s really based on complaints and people not familiar with the authors work or not understanding that in some romance books there is actually sex which requires intercourse (because these are not christian based romances).

bev August 7, 2017 at 11:29 AM

All for freedom of speech and it seems ridiculous based on what they allow to what they do not.
Probably unpopular but I can’t get worked up for this like I do over school bans.
And yes I do believe in freedom of speech in all forms even when you disagree. And their is always the worry of precedent.
It is just the ban of books like The Miseducation of Cameron Post with a lesbian teen heroine makes me mad, I bought that one when I heard.
Again precedent and a ban is bad and all that but I do think their are shades to it.
Also, it is a loss of revenue for Amazon you can buy it elsewhere like Smashwords.

Maryse August 7, 2017 at 11:34 AM

Hrmmm… I can’t find it, Theresa? I shall continue searching.

R. Renee August 7, 2017 at 1:31 PM

I bought The Wild on Smashwords because I don’t like being told “no” either apparently, but how do you read it on a Kindle app? Or can you?

Tessa August 7, 2017 at 1:56 PM

I’m just wondering what the taboo is. If it’s something illegal, they might feel compelled. I don’t know though, since what actually happens in the book is a huge mystery.

Robyn August 7, 2017 at 2:36 PM

We are adults. We should have the right to choose what we read or don’t. If you don’t like taboo subjects, don’t buy the book! Duh

Darn it! I want that book!

Ela August 7, 2017 at 2:56 PM

Please no book bashing, or suggesting something should’ve been banned. We are all book lovers of some form or another.

I remember when they banned Her Master’s Courtesan, which I loved but darn it was way dark and no I would not have banned it or even suggested that.

It says on there Robin you can read in Kindle.

Ela August 7, 2017 at 3:10 PM

I SENSE A VERY DARK BUDDY READ HAPPENING SOON!

bev August 7, 2017 at 3:28 PM

Tessa, I think it is incest. But I do not know just the idea I got.

I am 100% a defendant of free speech. Especially in times like these.
Just, for myself and only my own reaction, am not that fired up about this.

Even though I think they need to be transparent in their reasoning. As Ela pointed out this ban is not across the board to other types of books like this.

Sharon August 7, 2017 at 3:42 PM

Why would they ban it for incest? They didn’t ban Forbidden – and well? I need to read The Wild now. I don’t need to be censored. Now have to figure out how to get it. I’m in for a Buddy read!

bev August 7, 2017 at 3:49 PM

And it looks like you can buy the paperback on Amazon.
So it is a half ban.
So weird.

bev August 7, 2017 at 4:02 PM

There are other types of books they have banned.

bev August 7, 2017 at 4:17 PM

Posted early. They banned books by Holocaust deniers. So is that their right as a store to say we do not support this or is it against the first amendment.
I will never buy those books to support the first amendment or my right to read them. And yes because I do not want to ever.
Or is it a slippery slope? And leads to other bans? And who decides or is it their right to decide what their company carries?
I mean I bought The Miseducation of Cameron Post in support, but it aligns with my beliefs. I don’t know. I can always talk myself in circles in these types of areas.

Amy August 7, 2017 at 4:38 PM

Screw banning books!! I went to Smashwords and bought it there. I see some (what I think of as) sick crap on Amazon, and they ban books like this? Screw. That.

*deep breah*

Alright, now to actually read the post and comments… ;)

Jodie August 7, 2017 at 5:05 PM

The paperback version is still available on Amazon so that is strange. I just started reading it this morning then my Kindle froze at a crucial moment

Tessa August 7, 2017 at 5:42 PM

I don’t mean that I’m for it. I’m saying, since they are a business, they might have been scared of getting a legal issue if it was something like kiddie stuff. I don’t know of course. I’m just talking about it from a company perspective.

That said, I won’t read it until someone else guinea pigs it. You all know I love a good book, unless it hits my issues. :D

Tessa August 7, 2017 at 6:25 PM

Actually, they have Marquis de Sade, so really, anything after that can’t be too taboo.

Khl August 7, 2017 at 7:01 PM

Bought The Wild off smashword link above, you can read it on your kindle.

Don’t do it unless you are ready to walk the long fiery bridge to hell.

Khl August 7, 2017 at 7:03 PM

And I forgot to say…I can’t put it down.

Amy August 7, 2017 at 7:18 PM

“Don’t do it unless you are ready to walk the long fiery bridge to hell.”

Aw hell, I tap danced across that thing a long time ago with a martini in one hand and a (candy) cigarette in the other.

Maryse August 7, 2017 at 7:23 PM

*snort*

What a day… I’m just catching up. Do I wanna buddy-read??!! *gasp* DO I??? I haven’t chosen my next yet…

*bites nails*

Jan August 7, 2017 at 7:27 PM

Yeah I don’t want to read Wild, but I’m not in favour of amazon banning it. That’s just rubbish. We’re grownups and we can choose. Even *ahem* Frosty the snowman??????? Ela, really? I snorted into my coffee AGAIN while reading this blog. *wipes coffee off keyboard AGAIN*

And yep it does seem a bit weird that they ban Wild (even tho I don’t really know what it’s about except it’s DARK lol) but they will sell that Frosty book, I mean, come on.

Maryse August 7, 2017 at 7:30 PM

*snort* :P

Jodie August 7, 2017 at 11:00 PM

Just finished The Wild and it was fantastic. Could not put it down. So glad I got it

R. Renee August 8, 2017 at 12:56 AM

Beware if you’re on FB. An author who supports Amazon’s ban just effing spoiled The Wild for me and probably a gazillion other followers. :roll: I get her point, but it wasn’t the right forum. I’m beyond ticked right now.

Ela August 8, 2017 at 7:24 AM

SERIOUSLY ROBIN??? I would block her, that’s just so wrong!

R. Renee August 8, 2017 at 9:15 AM

It wouldn’t matter. As of now the post has had 66 shares and who knows how many off of that. Additionally, defenders of the other side are equally upset, posting their opinions, so if you don’t already know what the taboo is, good luck keeping it that way. I totally and completely understand what led her to make a stand, and had I been able to read the book, I might have agreed, but that’s just it. I didn’t get to, not unspoiled anyway.

I would never request a refund (I think Webster will be hit with enough of those today), but I can’t imagine reading it now (I think the whole point was the shock factor). Her blurb doesn’t list specific triggers (and it should), but it *does* have a very loud warning. Many of my reader friends have triggers, and I’m fairly sure ALL of them research the heck out of books (especially taboo, dark books) before picking them up. I just can’t see how a book like this can “accidentally” fall into the wrong hands. Admittedly, I haven’t read it, so maybe I’m wrong. I just think there are other forums to express things like this and a very public FB page isn’t it. Ok. Stepping down. On the bright side, I guess I knocked a book off my TBR. :-/

Grey August 8, 2017 at 9:36 AM

Ok, so don’t go to FB today… good to know. Who’s the author? *inquiring minds wanna know*

R. Renee August 8, 2017 at 9:42 AM

I’m not going there because it’s an author I happen to love, which is probably why I’m so upset about it.

Grey August 8, 2017 at 9:46 AM

Well sh*t…do I happen to love them too? *giggle* process of elimination… hard at work….I’m sick, R. cut me some slack. LOL!

Grey August 8, 2017 at 9:47 AM

nevermind, LOL, nothing to see here.. hahah! How about the weather? *giggle*

R. Renee August 8, 2017 at 9:49 AM

Fine Grey. It’s Emily Bronte. Happy now? :D Feel better!!!

Grey August 8, 2017 at 9:56 AM

Whew… I was worried it was me that had spoiled it when I took my Nyquil… :lol: which really would have been something, being as though I haven’t read the book yet…and I don’t support book bans. AT. ALL. EVER.

bev August 8, 2017 at 10:56 AM

Weird if she didn’t warn about revealing the book. Not just for spoilers but of it is a discussion of triggers a heads up.
What is her stance?
That the company could choose what they sell?

R. Renee August 8, 2017 at 11:05 AM

She supports the ban (at least for this particular book, not in general). And it’s possible I’d feel the same. I just wish she would have left it at that.