17 Earlybird Book Releases + some that are going live at midnight…

by Maryse on May 1, 2017 · 81 comments

Look at all the books that just went live!!! 17 of ‘em so far (I’ll add more if anything is goes live early). :D Tomorrow’s official new release list is going to be HUGE too.

P.S. I’m reading The Gravity of Us (just in the first half still) and I AM LOVING it!!!!! He’s so unapologetically moody, and yet, I’ve chuckled so many times. And also felt very sad, too. Yep. You guys were right, I can tell already!!! This is going to be AWESOME.

EARLY BIRDS THAT JUST WENT LIVE RIGHT NOW!!!!!

• Joy Ride by Lauren Blakely <— LAUREN BLAKELY’S LATEST ALERT!!! He’s into his biggest rival… “Henley also happens to be my biggest rival, and now we’re forced to work together every day on the most important custom car build of my career. The trouble is I can’t quite figure out if she wants to kick me in the lug nuts or beg me to give her a good, hard fuel injection…”
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List Book 1) by C.D. Reiss <— C.D. REISS ALERT!!! SHE’S THIS HOLLYWOOD STAR’S NEW NANNY… ”Cara DuMont isn’t exactly thrilled when she gets assigned to be the nanny for the latest box-office king. She has one rule: no celebrity fathers, especially single ones with devilish good looks and rock-hard abs. But as soon as Cara meets Brad and his adorable little girl, she knows she’s in for a world of trouble...”
  • Sinner’s Possession (Chaos Bleeds Book 9) by Sam Crescent <— BIKER BOOK ALERT!! She’s leaving him… “At Master’s hands, Lola went through hell. She was rescued, and she healed her body, but she never healed her mind. Everywhere she goes, Sinner is constantly concerned that something will trigger the darkness inside her. She can’t do that to the man she loves, and right now she can no longer be the woman for him...”
  • Reaper (Kings of Korruption MC Book 4) by Geri Glenn
  • Scarred (Branded Book 2) by Scarlett Finn <— sounds like a sequel
  • Four Years Later (Four Doors Down Book 2) by Emma Doherty <— SOUNDS SO GOOD BUT!!! DO NOT READ THE BLURB FOR THIS ONE until you’ve read book #1 (Four Doors Down) as this one appears to be a sequel (and this one sounds sequel SO good!) “…they’re “Becca and Ryan”, and nothing is going to break them. Until it does. Until one terrible, unforgettable night away from Ryan. Until too much drinking and one empty bedroom. Until fifteen minutes of hell completely destroys her life...”
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road Book 1) by Megan Hart <— SHE DIVORCED HIS BROTHER & NOW SHE’S TEMPTED BY HIM…Niko makes her feel something else entirely—a rush of connection and pure desire that she’s been trying to quench since one secret kiss years ago. Niko’s not sticking around. She’s not going to leave. And after all that’s happened between their families, this can’t be anything more than brief pleasure and a bad idea...”
  • The Good Boss (Mafia Made) by Scott Hildreth <— MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!!
  • The Boss by Melissa Schroeder <— EX LOVERS HAVE TO WORK TOGETHER...
  • Slow Burn by Alexis Adaire <— FIREFIGHTER & HE SEEMS FAMILIAR TO HER ALERT!!! “Jess Hensen is smitten by the insanely sexy firefighter who’s just risked his life to save an entire litter of kittens. Is it his looks or his bravery that’s so enticing? Or could it be that vague sense that she’s seen him somewhere before?”
  • Paper Boats by Dee Lestari and Tiffany Tsao <— FRIENDS THAT FEEL MORE…They seem like a perfect match—both on and off the page—but revealing their secret feelings means risking their friendship and betraying the people they love most...”
  • Spurred (Studs in Spurs Book 8) by Cat Johnson
  • Payback (Viking Bastards MC Book 2) by Christina Phillips <— BIKER BOOK ALERT!! He’s totally into her but…”…she calls it quits, before we’ve even started. Instead of moving on, she’s all I can think about and that’s bad news. I’m breaking all my rules for her, and don’t even care. Until I find out who she is and what she really wants. She’s after payback…”
  • Heavy Turbulence by Kimberly Fox <— SHE’S A STEWARDESS & SHE HATES HER NEW PILOT BOSS ALERT!I’ve always had a thing for pilots, but this arrogant jerk is going to cure me of that. I can handle the looks. I can handle the comments. I can even handle the sexual invitation that he threw down between us. But when my boss makes us pretend that we’re husband and wife during a business trip, my willpower starts to crumble away…
  • The Perils of Intimacy <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!! “Jimmy and Mark make an adorable couple. Jimmy’s kindness and clean-cut cuteness radiate out of him like light. Mark, although a bit older, complements Jimmy with his humor and his openness to love. But between them, a dark secret lurks, one with the power to destroy. See, when Mark believes he’s meeting Jimmy for the first time in the diner where he works, he’s wrong…”
  • Call Me, Irresistible by Jess Bryant <— SHE’S A FAMOUS COUNTRY STAR & HE’S A COP ALERT!! “Shane Lowry likes his quiet, controlled life. The always responsible small town deputy is a father to his three daughters first and foremost. Nothing comes before them. He had to grow up fast and early and he’s long since stopped letting silly things like lust control his actions. He doesn’t even date. So why does he find himself so drawn to the lively girl next door turned country music superstar that is the complete opposite of what he should want in a woman?”
  • Loud (Sunday Series Book 2) by Noell Mosco <— BAD BOY ROCK STAR WANTS TO SETTLE DOWN ALERT!!! “Caroline Bordalon enters the life of Avis Torres in the least expected way. She’s everything he never knew he wanted, from her southern Louisiana drawl to her honey-sweet innocence. There’s an instant fascination with Ms. Bordalon that Avis can’t shake. That, combined with his ambitious plans to fall in love, drives Avis to be consistent, charming, and monogamous. But Caroline has secrets. Secrets that might be too much for Avis to accept…” (P.S. Here’s book #1 about another band member: The Other Woman (Sunday Series Book 1)

PREORDERS (going LIVE at MIDNIGHT!!! :D )

➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)

Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

Ela May 1, 2017 at 6:51 AM

Morning everyone!

R. Renee May 1, 2017 at 6:53 AM

Morning!

Lisa Aiello May 1, 2017 at 7:07 AM

Good morning, Sunshines!!

MichelleS May 1, 2017 at 7:26 AM

Good morning! Have this morning off. Guess what I’m doing? Reading The Man I Love. You were right, I’m hooked!

Leslie M May 1, 2017 at 8:12 AM

Happy Monday!

April was a decent reading month for me. (despite my picky self not loving some popular ones)

I finished Aleatha Romig Infidelity series.

Emma Scott Butterfly Project

K.A. Linde Off the Record series.

Ela May 1, 2017 at 8:31 AM

So I started Court of Mist and Fury and DON’T LIKE WHERE THIS IS GOING SO I’m thinking of putting it down and starting The Man I Love with the rest of the BR gang!

Nay May 1, 2017 at 8:48 AM

DO IT, Ela!

Good morning, everyone! Happy May Day!!

R. Renee May 1, 2017 at 9:48 AM

Yay MichelleS! That makes me so happy!!

Tessa May 1, 2017 at 9:54 AM

ROFL Ela, trust me and MichelleS. It goes through a twist that yeah, it makes it great. Though if you want to BR that book, do so.

Ela May 1, 2017 at 10:12 AM

Renee, have you heard anything else about that Mia Asher book???? GR still shows May 10th….

Ela May 1, 2017 at 10:13 AM

Oh and Tessa???? I think I may have not so accidentally read the twist….mates anyone???

Tessa May 1, 2017 at 10:30 AM

Did you read a spoiler? :P

Ela May 1, 2017 at 10:39 AM

I might’ve searched the document for the word “mate”, of course rhetorically speaking….because well, I’m innocent!

Cheryl May 1, 2017 at 10:48 AM

Good morning, almost afternoon. Bombshell, Heavy Turbulence and Loud sound good. Also, can’t wait for All about the D to go live!!

Ugh, back to work…

Maryse May 1, 2017 at 11:06 AM

Bombshell attracts me the most!! I love the sound of that.

Maryse May 1, 2017 at 11:07 AM

Also the Four Years Later one, but I accidentally read the blurb, and I haven’t read the first one yet. That said, the blurb for #2 makes me want to read it. It sounds like it will be tumultuous!!!

Tessa May 1, 2017 at 11:14 AM

ROFL Ela, you are too funny.

Maryse May 1, 2017 at 11:45 AM

Guys.

Did you see what I’m reading?? Is anyone reading it too, right now?

Maryse May 1, 2017 at 11:45 AM

LOL Ela. :P You can’t be blamed for that… how can you help it?

Tessa May 1, 2017 at 12:09 PM

I did! It was such an awesome book. So many feels and laughter. Have fun with that one!

Ela May 1, 2017 at 12:18 PM

OMG! Maryse, you actually listened to us and are actually reading IT!

I know right? Totally not my fault… 8O

Robyn May 1, 2017 at 1:00 PM

The Man I Love…..one of those books I wish I never read so I can read it again fresh and new! So many feeling and emotions in that whole series.

Amy May 1, 2017 at 1:11 PM

Hey ladies!! Apparently I have a bunch of posts and comments to catch up on but I just wanted to pop in for some quick snuggles before I get caught up in my errands. Had a case of the BLAHS the past few days, and I’m sure y’all know how it goes when that happens…it’s easier to just hole up and stay secluded for a bit. Or maybe it’s just me who does that? Either way, I’m glad it doesn’t happen often. ;)

The upside? I get to binge read all the posts and comments!! And then I’ll be bursting wanting to comment back and will end up posting like 15 comments in a row. *snicker*

Amy May 1, 2017 at 1:14 PM

I’ve avoided Court of Mist and Fury because I accidentally read what might be a bit of a spoiler, and if it’s true then I don’t want to go through all of that. :?

Kathy P May 1, 2017 at 1:14 PM

One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid is on sale for $2.99 from $11.99.
Talk about Angst! I might need a support group and a glass of wine to read this one.

Ela May 1, 2017 at 1:25 PM

Oh I’ll give you snicker(s) Amy:

Snickers Milkshakes
Serves 3 to 5
Ingredients:
15 fun sized snickers bars, chopped
2 cups vanilla ice cream
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup chocolate sauce
2 tablespoons caramel sauce plus more for drizzling, optional
1 cup sweetened whipped cream
Directions:
1. Place 14 chopped snicker’s bars in a blender along with the ice cream, milk, chocolate sauce, and caramel sauce (if using).
2. Blend mixture for about 30 seconds to 1 minutes or until desired consistency has been achieved.
3. Divide milkshake into glasses and top with whipped cream. Finish with a sprinkle of chopped snickers and a drizzle of caramel sauce (if using). Serve.

Amy May 1, 2017 at 1:56 PM

Oh holy moly…I think I developed diabetes just from reading that recipe but I AM SO MAKING THAT TONIGHT!!

Jean May 1, 2017 at 2:01 PM

MARYSE, I’M SO HAPPY YOU ARE LOVING THE GRAVITY OF US!!!! (AND THAT YOU FINALLY LISTENED TO US…..LOL!!)

I read Bombshell already and really liked it, but right now, I am reading Sex in the Sticks! Please don’t let the cover fool you because I am absolutely loving this book! She is a rich NY girl who blogs about sex and relationships, but she’s sick of the NY metrosexual guys she always dates. So, she travels to Alaska to find out what those men are like…..so good!! She is out of her element, small town drama, and a hottie to boot!! (On that note, Maryse, your link to Lumber Jerk is not working…..is that coming out tomorrow too??)

Kathy, thank you for the info on One True Loves…I’ve been waiting for that to go on sale!

R, LOVED your newsletter today…..the Condom Effect….so funny!

Amy, *hugs*…..it’s been a pretty shitty past month for me too and looks like it’s continuing into May….but you guys always lift my spirits!!

Ela May 1, 2017 at 2:20 PM

Robin….I say “slip the rubber on” and be done with the whole condom scene…

Pia May 1, 2017 at 2:39 PM

So many books and so little time. I have only read 4 books in April, which is an all time low for me. May won’t get any better :-(
I’m currently reading the final book in “This Man” series by Jodi Ellen Malpas.I don’t really like Jesse, and it just takes so long to get through that book.
I have been waiting for Joy Ride by Lauren Blakely and I’m dying to read the one by Kate Stewart that you reviewed last week Maryse. But I will get there – eventually :-)

R. Renee May 1, 2017 at 2:40 PM

Thanks Jean! LOL. Easier said than done Ela! I want to get the RWA and Goodreads together to start a movement: ATTENTION ROMANCE READERS, from this point on, assume all sex is safe sex unless otherwise noted. Thanks, Management.

R. Renee May 1, 2017 at 2:41 PM

Happy you’re feeling better Amy!

MichelleS May 1, 2017 at 3:50 PM

All you Court of Mist & Fury haters are going to kick yourselves when you finally read the whole book!! I know I know… totally not what we romantics usually like… but seriously, it was SOOOOO GOOD. Just try it!

Amy May 1, 2017 at 3:51 PM

MichelleS May 1, 2017 at 3:51 PM

I’m a die hard Throne of Glass fan, and CoM&F might even have topped it. Maybe…

Amy May 1, 2017 at 3:53 PM

*crosses arms and sulks*

Jean May 1, 2017 at 3:55 PM

Haha Amy…..”No”……..love you!

Ela May 1, 2017 at 4:16 PM

Oh Michelle! I will so read it but I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT ROUTE, YEP TOTALLY IGNORED IT…..SO I HAVE TO PREPARE. THRONE OF GLASS? WHAT’S THAT???

So Amy, what’s your deal with Court? You don’t like “extra characters”???

Nay May 1, 2017 at 4:19 PM

Robin–I will definitely join your movement. I ABHOR reading about condoms in my romance books–totally takes me out of the ‘moment’. A couple of years ago, I read a romance book where the author put a disclaimer at the beginning of it regarding condoms, safe sex, and her characters/book. I thought it was the perfect solution! I wish I had made note of it.

R. Renee May 1, 2017 at 4:35 PM

That’s exactly what I’m talking about Nay! I love that!

Tessa May 1, 2017 at 4:35 PM

Mist and Fury – I will say I was rooting for how it went in the end and was so wanting certain things to just be because it was that awesome by that point. Things happen that makes things happening really become important and you realize it’s supposed to happen that way, and your heart cheers for it.

(love the vagueness?)

Book 2 in the Siren’s Storm series was the slowest. Tons of important things, but I felt like it could have had less angst and just get to the point, but then, book three wouldn’t be as awesome as it is so far. Book three is definitely awesome.

Condoms… He grabbed it and slipped it on. Details past that aren’t really needed. To be honest, any more and it becomes technical and I’m back in my HS health class again.

MichelleS May 1, 2017 at 5:24 PM

Ela – you’re kidding about Throne of Glass, right? Sarah Maas’s OTHER amazing series that is just… well… spectacular!

Tessa May 1, 2017 at 5:31 PM

lol I kind of like the Court books more, but I do love Throne of Glass.

MichelleS May 1, 2017 at 5:47 PM

Dorian, Chaol, Aevion, Gavriel, Lorcan, and ROWAN!!! And all the female characters are amazing!!! What’s not to love? That last book? One of THE BEST fantasy books I’ve ever read.

bev May 1, 2017 at 5:56 PM

If it isn’t mentioned then I’m always expecting the pregnancy scare. Or they have the talk and rely on her method.

In Thoughtless I do not remember them ever mentioning using one. And then they had that one scene without mention of condom and she just puts her clothes on and leaves. Meets up with the other and he helps her get undressed and into her pjs
All I could think was…..eww.

Tessa May 1, 2017 at 6:07 PM

You capitalize Rowan and I capitalize DORIAN! :D

MichelleS May 1, 2017 at 6:35 PM

Tessa – did you read all the books? And you’re still team Dorian?

MichelleS May 1, 2017 at 6:38 PM

Bev – that’s what I liked about Suann Laquer’s writing – super steamy, but not enough weird detail to leave you wondering about wet spots!

Maryse May 1, 2017 at 6:40 PM

Amy I TOTALLY do it, too. That’s when I just take a hot bath, switch to a glass of wine or two, and read quietly snuggled with my dogs.

Maryse May 1, 2017 at 6:40 PM

P.S. For as long as it takes. :) <3 *hug*

Maryse May 1, 2017 at 6:41 PM

Ooooooh Kathy good find!! I’m posting it!! :D

Maryse May 1, 2017 at 6:49 PM

Pia… read what you want to read. You don’t HAVE to finish… ;)

Maryse May 1, 2017 at 6:53 PM

I think I agree Nay & Robin… I like to just “understand” that a condom is in place while they are still “new” together and haven’t gone through the whole exclusive… “we’re clean” and only together-process yet. I mean, it’s a given, right? This is a must!

But a disclaimer in the beginning reminding us that it IS a given makes me happy. This way we can just… go with the flow, and not stress. ‘Cause yes, these kinds of things make me stress sometimes. LOL!!! :P

I’m a little OCD.

Cheryl May 1, 2017 at 6:57 PM

Maryse, that’s what I plan to start tonight. :)

Tessa May 1, 2017 at 6:57 PM

I know. The other person is best for her, but I want a Dorian spin off at least?

*snuggles Amy* I seemed to have missed a few post. I hope you get better.

Ooh, and send me a message on GR as to what makes you not want to read Myst and Fury. :) I’m curious.

Tessa May 1, 2017 at 6:59 PM

And see, I need to know it happened, because I’ll get so wrapped up in a story, that I’ll be thrown going, oh… that’s why no quick condom going on.

Without that disclaimer, I’m with Bev. ACCIDENTAL PREGNANCY!

Cheryl May 1, 2017 at 6:59 PM

I agree. Don’t go into intricate detail. Just enough that the reader knows it’s safe sex and then get down to business.

I seem to recall reading that disclaimer a while back too. Almost want to say it was with the Pucked series.

Maryse May 1, 2017 at 7:04 PM

Ew. Spots.

LOL bev!!! I don’t remember anymore, if that part had me taken aback or not…

But with my OCDness… I’d say yes.

*snort* :P

Maryse May 1, 2017 at 7:05 PM

YAY CHERYL!!!

Although tonight reading is out (for me) for awhile, while I gather the new release list and get it together for tomorrow…

Maryse May 1, 2017 at 7:06 PM

For me it’s when they have a cold and are taking antibiotics that I start to panic.

And am often disappointed when that *surprise* potential didn’t even factor in! LOL!

MichelleS May 1, 2017 at 7:23 PM

If they just mention condoms, I am okay (stop to buy them go get one out of the drawer, whatever) – then they can get on with the business and the author can just assume we know how it goes on, and what happens after – no need to add that visual. Sheesh. The scene lasts like a page or two, so I assuming it didn’t last 3 minutes – you don’t have to tell me EVERYTHING – just the good dialogue… right?

bev May 1, 2017 at 7:26 PM

Believe me I’m not usually OCD but on the ground, left bruises and blood on each other.
It’s like when like when the H or h is late and just throws on clothes and rushes out and I think, did they brush their teeth?

MichelleS May 1, 2017 at 7:26 PM

I’m totally with Bev – if you start talking about condoms, I assume it’s some kind of foreshadowing – and there will be some pregnancy scare later. If that’s not a plot twist, then for god’s sake – don’t add that much detail about it. You know what else? Those dumb “we got checked out” lines…. poof! magically a few weeks have passed and they went and got checked. I guess I’m old, but do people do this routinely?

MichelleS May 1, 2017 at 7:28 PM

That’s what I always think when they wake up and kiss…. EW! Morning breath!

Nay May 1, 2017 at 7:28 PM

Maryse–LOL about the antibiotics!!! So true!

bev May 1, 2017 at 7:28 PM

MichelleS, it’s when they don’t talk about them, lol. And no it can just be a wallet grab, but something.

R. Renee May 1, 2017 at 7:30 PM

OMG me too with the breath! I could probably advertise for Colgate with as much brushin’ that goes on! I’m too OCD to ignore those kinds of details!

Nay May 1, 2017 at 7:31 PM

Michelle–I ALWAYS think about the morning breath! Unless they drink coffee–then it’s ok in my mind. lol

bev May 1, 2017 at 7:34 PM

Nay…..I’m not sure coffee breath covers bad morning breath.

I really do not mind if a couple mentions of showers, washed hair, brushing teeth/hair, or ect are thrown in on occasion. I prefer it.

Jan May 1, 2017 at 7:37 PM

Yeah the whole condom thing is tricky. In HRs of course, they rarely use them (thus the proliferation of pregnancies in HRs!). (Did I just say thus? *shakes head*) When they do use them in a HR, I’m all, what is that sucker made of????? It always makes me go, ewwwww. Way to destroy the moment.

Nice selection up there, Maryse. Yeah Bombshell looks good, also Loud, and Call Me Irresistible could be cute.

Ela my head just about exploded when I read your snickers recipe. Dayum girl.That is insane!

Jan May 1, 2017 at 7:39 PM

If they don’t mention condoms in a CR, I’m always waiting for the pregnancy scare.

bev May 1, 2017 at 7:40 PM

Amy, I do that ALL the time. Become a complete hermit.

But look someone put us on a t shirt.

Maryse May 1, 2017 at 8:08 PM

bev… for me i’s when they wake up and start kissing… and I’m all…

EWWWWWWW!! Wait!!!! Waaaaaaaiiiiit! THE BREATH!!! It’s POISON!!!!!

Maryse May 1, 2017 at 8:10 PM

LOL!!!!

The Panda is BEV!!!!!

Did you guys see? TOTALLY US with bev.

*snort* :P

Leslie M May 1, 2017 at 8:36 PM

You guys make me giggle! Poison morning breath. Hee hee

Amy, I hope you got rid of your blahs!! Good books are my escape from the blues.

Ok, lets get one thing straight here. Kellan’s *ahem*….stuff…is NOT gross. And his breath is always minty fresh.

Nay May 1, 2017 at 9:43 PM

Well, I should say that the coffee thing was back in my college days. Now…not so much! lol

Donna May 2, 2017 at 4:31 AM

Good list

Liz May 2, 2017 at 11:15 PM

I just power read Four Doors Down and Four Years Later.

I also read the blurb and ruined it for myself but it only added to the angst of it all. Boy was it angsty and I loved it. Laughing, crying it had it all

Amy May 2, 2017 at 11:17 PM

I’m late to join in on the ICK party, but condom scenes don’t bother me. For me, condoms equal sex and thus are a turn on. ;)

But throwing on clothes right after the deed with no condom and without cleaning up first or full-on tongue kissing first thing in the morning? EWW!! No real guy or book guy is hot enough to overcome all of that funk!!!!

Amy May 2, 2017 at 11:18 PM

OMG I love that shirt bev! That’s TOTALLY us. I can just picture you looking at me like that when I try to snuggle you. *giggle*

Maryse May 4, 2017 at 6:52 PM

Liz!!!!!!!! Thank YOU!!! This sounds like out type of angst and intensity, and yet I had never heard of these yet. I’m SO glad for some feedback!!!!!!

*hug*