An EXCELLENT release day today (considering the reviews for that book right there on the left), but also, ’cause yesterday was the ultimate awesome-sounding “surprise books” release day! Four out of the five books I made an impromptu post for, are all at the top of my TBR list.
In fact, I’m actually reading one ‘of ‘em right now (a rock star one)! But it was SO hard to settle on that one first, ’cause I feel like I received a box of book-chocolates yesterday and EVERY one of ‘em is different and EVERY one of ‘em is my favorite.
Ebook versions of chocolate covered cherries, cripsy chocolate covered toffee, maple fudge, chocolate covered caramels, coconut-chocolate clusters… chocolate & nuts & caramel. Mmmmm…. and GAH!!! I just can’t pick so I find myself either gorging on all of ‘em one after the next, or taste-testing each one with a bite. Hey it’s my box of chocolates so it’s okay. It’s not that gross, right? Tee heeeee!!!! But yeah… it’s how I’m feeling RIGHT NOW with the recent slew of awesome sounding book releases. I’m freakin’ out and totally being a book-glutton. ‘Cause with the feedback I’ve been receiving over the last 24 hrs, I’m about to start ‘em all. Taking that taste-test “bite” ’cause I just can’t choose. LOL!!
So the ones that are giving me massive blurb & recommendation *jolts* —> Alpha (mysterious darkish creeeeepy sexy-cool sounding!), Monster in His Eyes (also (mysterious darkish creeeeepy sexy-cool sounding! Great recommendations coming my way), It Ain’t Me, Babe (sheltered religious commune runaway runs into a bad-ass biker! AWESOME recommendations for this), The Resistance (this is the rock star read I’m reading right now. Halfway through and so far so good, and I hear MASSIVE OMG twist awaiting me… I can’t wait!), Beautiful Ink (I’m thinking this is a biker book too, and OMG the recommendations I’m getting are freaking me out!) and Meant to Be Mine <— I just discovered this one a few minutes ago, and this one gave me a blurb jolt).
Actually that’s a “short list” of the ones below that have my attention, because there are plenty more that I made personal notes next to, and at least 6 more that made my TBR list (including a couple in the bargain section).
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- A is for Alpha Male (#1) by Laurel Curtis <— bargain priced & book #2 was just released (see it below) and this one sounds like SO much fun!
- Uncaged Love #1: An MMA New Adult Contemporary Romance by JJ Knight <— Recent release. “When Colt drags Jo from a brawl with street thugs, he recognizes her potential as a female fighter.”
- Uncaged Love #2: MMA New Adult Contemporary Romance by JJ Knight <—just released!
- Man of My Dreams (#1) by Faith Andrews <— book #1.5 was just released below. “Mia Murphy may be married to the man of her dreams. But the man in her dreams is the one that got away—her high school crush.” Whoa! This one sounds angsty. She’s married and completely in love and her husband (Declan) is awesome… “until she discovers that Mr. Perfect is not Mr. Faithful.” Then the high school reunion, her old crush is back in the picture and… “Mia dives head first into dating Noah, falling further away from her husband and closer to her old flame. But Declan’s not giving up so easily. Mia is his one and only and he’s not about to let another man win her heart.” Hrmm… this sounds good.
- Vital Sign by J.L. Mac <— Nancy found out this very recent release! HE has her dead husband’s heart!!! Oh yah this one wants to emotionally hurt me, I just know it! “She hates him for his health but can’t help feeling at home in his presence. He soothes her grief in a way that is intoxicating, addictive even.“
- THERAPY by Kathryn Perez <— And Nancy found us this one too! “…while the monsters that live in my head try to beat me– the two men that I love try to save me.“
- Destined Series Box Set: Mirage, Inception, Awakening, Facade and Epiphany by Ashley Suzanne <— Toski found us this boxed set!
- Being There by T.K. Rapp <— Kat found us this deal! Longtime love… lost. And now she’s twenty five, and working hard. “The only thing that can drag her away is the annual girls’ weekend, which comes at the best possible time, because Cass has just learned life-altering news. With the most recent blow to her life looming overhead, will the getaway with her closest friends change her outlook on life?“
- Easy (Contours of the Heart) by Tammara Webber <— Stephanie found us this older favorite. I loved it (my review) and book #2 will be out next week!
- Stolen Grace by Arianne Richmonde <— Kat found us this deal, and that synopsis sounds *eeeeeep-worthy!!*. Great reviews so far, too! “Sylvia and Tommy Garland and their five-year-old daughter Grace have moved from the bright lights of New York City to the peaceful wilderness of the Wyoming countryside. But with the recession on their heels, Tommy leaves for LA for a job interview, and Ruth, a friend of Sylvia’s comes to stay. In an unexpected turn of events, a family tragedy forces Sylvia to leave Ruth in charge of little Grace for just one day. A decision that will tear their lives apart. Stolen Grace is a roller coaster of emotions with twists and turns, a tale of lies and deception, of redemption and forgiveness. And ultimately, a story about love.” I wanna read it!!
- Very Bad Things (Briarcrest Academy) by Ilsa Madden-Mills <—- Andrea found us this super-bargain! “Maryse, I can’t remember if you’ve read it or not, but my girls and I LOVED Very Bad Things by Ilsa Madden-Mills ! It’s on sale right now for 99 cents! PS it’s a standalone and the first book in the Briarcrest Academy series. Book 2, Very Wicked Things is set to release 5/20” and Erin says: “One of my absolutely fav books ever! I love Leo and Nora!! Can’t wait for Very Wicked Things!” Thanks guys! I enjoyed it, too (my review).
- The Chasing Series Bundle by Pamela Ann <— Kat found us this whole series bundled! And Diane says: “Amazing series!!! Sexy scenes, alpha male, strong female lead. Can’t beat for the price.”
- Take a Chance: A Rosemary Beach Novel (The Rosemary Beach Series) by Abbi Glines <— From her HUGELY popular series.
- Fall For Me (The Rock Gods) by Ann Lister <— Stephanie found out that this M/M read is on sale right now! Great reviews!
- Take What You Want (The Rock Gods) by Ann Lister <— And this one, too!
- How to Seduce a Vampire (Without Really Trying) (Love at Stake) by Kerrelyn Sparks <— “Neona is also on the hunt. She’s looking for a mate and she thinks muscled Zoltan will work just fine. After all, men are good for only one thing. Soon, though, she realizes there’s more to this handsome vampire than just sexual prowess. But she’s keeping a secret from Zoltan, something so big that it will rock the vampire world.“
- The Curse Breakers (Curse Keepers Series, Book 2) by Denise Grover Swank
- Darkest Flame (Dark Kings) by Donna Grant
- Darkest Flame: Part 4 (Dark Kings) by Donna Grant
- The Darkness of Glengowyn (Fire and Tears) by Isabo Kelly
- Fire of Stars and Dragons by Melissa Petreshock <— “Following the death of her uncle, twenty-one-year-old CAITRIONA HAYDEN finds herself in the midst of a trio of quintessential alpha male suitors in 22nd century sovereign America where human females should be seen and not heard.” A dragon, a demigod and a vampire…
- Forged: The World of Nightwalkers by Jacquelyn Frank
- King of Thieves (Demons of Elysium) by Jane Kindred
- The Kraken King Part III: The Kraken King and the Fox’s Den (A Novel of the Iron Seas) by Meljean Brook
- Once Bitten, Twice Burned (A Phoenix Fire Novel) by Cynthia Eden
- Silver Mirrors (An Apparatus Infernum Novel) by A.A. Aguire
- Soul Surrender: 3 (Soul Stripper) by Katana Collins <— “A fallen angel with a bounty on her head, Monica’s a succubus with an unquenchable craving for sex. With one pulse-pounding orgasm, she consumes just enough of a person’s soul to keep her alive. Of course that means human lovers are off limits, and so she keeps her distance from Drew, the one mortal she actually cares about.”
- Warrior’s Curse (Imnada Brotherhood) by Alexa Egan
- Beasts Within (BBW Shifters) by Lexi Lewis
- Broken Visions (Shattered Promises, #3) by Jessica Sorensen
- Alpha by Jasinda Wilder <— This is the one I’ve been anxious for, and it’s finally out! She receives 4 mysterious checks in the mail (with 4 words: You. Belong. To. Me.). She cashes them, and then one day… a limo comes to pick her up. “A driver stood in front of me, and he spoke six words: “It’s time to pay your debt.”"
- Secret Alpha (A is for Alpha Male #2) by Laurel Curtis <— I want to read the synopsis so bad, but the author indicates that #1 (A is for Alpha Male) must be read first. Which sounds great considering it’s about a mother and daughter that go on a road trip hoping to find their own version of a real-life “Kristen Ashley” alpha male.
- A Husband’s Regret (The Unwanted Series) by Natasha Anders <— “Bryce’s rage over his impending fatherhood touched off a chain reaction of emotional and physical traumas that wounded them both. For Bronwyn, it meant fleeing the perfect marriage to start over with nothing but a precocious daughter named Kayla to care for…“ Can be read as a standalone, but book #1 was well loved by many. Here is the Unwanted Series Reading Order.
- Nash: A Marked Men Novel by Jay Crownover <— “She doesn’t need a guy making waves in her calm, serene life—especially when he’s the unforgettable hottie who nearly destroyed her in high school. Dark, brooding Nash Donovan might not remember her or the terrible pain he caused. But he turned her world upside down . . . and now he’s trying to do it again.” Jean says: “Nash!! I’ve been waiting for this for forever! And Maryse, they should really not be read as standalones. The characters from each book continue through the series. YOU WOULD LOVE THEM! Can’t believe you haven’t read Rule (the 1st book) yet….it is so up your alley…they basically can’t stand each other in the beginning and I KNOW you love that type of relationship!” <— YES ma’am I do!! Here is the Marked Men Series Reading Order
- Searching for Perfect by Jennifer Probst
- Silver Bay: A Novel by Jojo Moyes
- Take Me for Granted by K.A. Linde <—- BAD BOY ALERT!!! ”Manwhore. Adrenaline junkie. Lead singer of ContraBand. What you see is what you get. I make no apologies for my actions, and by now no one expects any from me. I live my life the way I want and as long as it pushes the demons back, then I’m solid. I’ve never needed a chick for more than a good lay. Why would I need just one when I can have a different one every night? Until she walks into my world.“
- Done With Love (a What’s Love??? novel) by Niecey Roy
- Out of Mind (#3) by Jen McLaughlin
- Cinderella Sidelined by Carly Syms <— “I’m the girl you hated in high school. You know, the one with the hot boyfriend, the college scholarship, the flawless skin, the perfect life. I go to the best parties. I hang out with the coolest people. And I don’t worry about a thing. I’m a star volleyball player, a two-time state champion, and my future is sure to be better than everyone else’s. Until I lose it all. A freak injury, and now I’m left fighting to hold on to everything I once knew…“
- Finding Spencer (B&S Series #1.5) by Kimberly Knight
- The Broken (The Apostles) by Shelley Coriell
- Scarred (Breaking the Rules Series #3) by K. Webster (not a standalone)
- Back to You (Dreams #1.5) by Faith Andrews <— This is the follow up to that angsty one above in the bargain section (her husband and her old high school crush…)
- Out of Control (A Babysitting a Billionaire Novel) (Entangled Brazen) by Nina Croft <—”When his most recent movie stirs up the wrong kind of attention, the kind that includes an attempt on his life, he hires a friend’s company to locate the threat. The pint-sized redhead assigned to protect him isn’t what he expects—or wants.”
- Burn Me by Shelley Watters <— FIREFIGHTER romance!
- Here to Stay (Where Love Begins Book #2) by Melissa Tagg
- The House on Blackberry Hill: Jewell Cove #1 (Jewel Cove) by Donna Alward
- Monster in His Eyes by J.M. Darhower <— DARK SOUNDING READ!! “He has secrets, secrets I can’t fathom, secrets that make it so I can’t walk away, no matter how much I beg him to let me go. I see it sometimes in his eyes, a darkness that’s both terrifying and thrilling. He’s a monster, wrapped up in a pretty package, and what I find when I unmask him changes everything. I want to hate him. Sometimes, I do. But it doesn’t stop me from loving him, too.“ *eeeeeep!!!!!* Stacey says: “I wasted the entire day today, sitting around reading Monster In His Eyes, and I don’t regret a single second of it! The book was AMAZING! It had me from the prologue in an instant with an uncomfortable feeling in my tummy where I just knew it was going to stretch my limits. And boy did it. In the best way possible. READ IT! I know you’ll love it!”
- No Sunshine When She’s Gone by Kate Angell
- One More Last Chance (A Place to Call Home Book #2): A Novel by Cathleen Armstrong
- At Any Turn (Gaming The System #2) by Brenna Aubrey
- It Ain’t Me, Babe by Tillie Cole <— BIKER ALERT (plus a sort of… “runaway” heroine) —> He’s a bad-ass biker in a motorcycle club and she’s super-sheltered from a strict religious commune… “Fleeing the absolute safety of all she has ever known, Salome is thrust into the world outside, a frightening world full of uncertainty and sin; into the protective arms of a person she believed she would never see again.” <— Lise says: “Reading ‘It Ain’t Me, Babe’ and loving this MC book. I know just the list you will place this one in, Maryse…” and Tiffany says: “Just Finished It ain’t me Babe and It was it Was a Very Good MC book..Different Twist with the whole Cult thing! Loved It!” and Yvette says: “I’m reading It ain’t me babe by Tillie Cole!! Oh my River is super yummy!! Maryse I believe you will be swooning over him!!!! I’m 50% and can not put this one down!!!” <— You guys are KILLING me!!! !!!!! I’m wayyyyy to excited.
- The Proposition 4: The Ferro Family (The Proposition: The Ferro Family) by H.M. Ward
- The Resistance by S.L. Scott <— Brooding BAD BOY ALERT! <— this is the one I’m reading right now!! Especially once Flavia said: “The Resistance is AMAZING! And you can find everything there: angst, love, sexyness, hot rock star, strong female character, a “OMFG! Did that just happend?” twist and did I say hot rock star?” I LOVE rock stars and I love twists even more!! Or at least the same.
- Beautiful Ink by Nicole Reed <— BIKER BOOK ALERT!??? I couldn’t tell from the blurb but I could tell… family issues (running from?). Kristen says: “Beautiful Ink by Nicole Reed… fantastic. Loved every minute of it and fell hard for one of the characters.” and Kodi says: “Stop what you are doing and go read Beautiful Ink by Nicole Reed. I have loved all her books but she has set the roof on fire with this one! A MUST read Maryse!!!” and then Janet says: “I agree. I’d put this one on the top shelf with Madeline Sheehan and Motorcycle Man for MC books” !!!!! OMG you guys have just very much excited me for this one….
- Every Part of You by Megan Hart <— Hrmmmm…. BDSMish? “Thrown together by circumstances he’d never have imagined, Elliott isn’t sure what to think about Simone. She’s nothing like the women he normally dates, but something about her draws him in until he can’t stop himself from wanting her…until their goodnight kiss becomes something harder. Harsher. Simone responds to his rough hands as no woman ever has, and Elliott’s not ready to pursue what he’s always told himself is wrong.“
- Flirting with Forever (Everson, Texas) by Molly Cannon
- Gathering Shadows (Finding Sanctuary Book #1) by Nancy Mehl
- Half Moon Harbor (The Bachelors of Blueberry Cove) by Donna Kauffman
- Hearts Afire by Sara Luck
- A Family Affair by Fern Michaels <— an American dancer that is wooed by a foreign prince. “After a breathtaking visit to Malik’s kingdom culminates in a marriage proposal, Trish attempts to adjust to an opulent new lifestyle complete with servants, sumptuous surroundings, and vast wealth. None of that matters to Trish as much as Malik’s love… Yet Trish’s new life will have challenges too–adjusting to a new and complex culture, to the myriad demands of Malik’s royal position, and to the expectations she faces as his wife.“
- The Education of Sebastian & The Education of Caroline (combined edition): The Education Series (combined edition with bonus chapters) (The Education of…) by Jayne Harvey-Berrick <— re-released in two-book combo form!
- Loch and Key (The McLaughlins) by Shelli Stevens <— “…when a sexy Navy guy who waltzes into the family pub doesn’t hesitate to makes his interest known, no amount of mental red flags are enough to keep her from being tempted to dip a toe back into the dating pool.“
- Risqué by Mia Michelle, Jennifer Foor, Stacey Lynn, Hilary Storrn, TH Snyder, Lexi Buchanan, Missy Johnson, Amanda Bennett <— A new anthology with EIGHT full length books (by some of our fav authors)!!
- Meant to Be Mine (A Porter Family Novel Book #2) by Becky Wade <— Oh this one sounds fun! She’s been into him for years, (but not him into her) but then, they meet again, in Vegas and… “The next morning they wake to a marriage certificate and a dose of cold reality. Celia’s ready to be Ty’s wife, but Ty’s not ready to be her husband. He’s a professional bull rider, he lives on the road, and he’s long planned to settle down with the hometown girl he’s known since childhood.” <— OH noooooooooo. YAY!! So much angst-potential!
- One Perfect Spring: A Novel by Irene Hannon
- She’s All That (Club 3) by Cathryn Cade
- Silver Bullets by Suzetta Perkins
- Non-Stop Till Tokyo by KJ Charles <– “Trapped in rural Japan with the gangsters closing in, Kerry doesn’t stand a chance. Then help arrives in the menacing form of Chanko, a Samoan-American ex-sumo wrestler with a bad attitude, a lot of secrets, and a mission she doesn’t understand. Kerry doesn’t get involved with dangerous men. Then again, she’s never had one on her side before. And the big, taciturn fighter seems determined to save her life, even if they rub each other the wrong way.“
- Spun by Catherine McKenzie
- Summer Days by Lisa Jackson
- Tangled Thing Called Love: Life and Love on the Lam (A Loveswept Contemporary Romance) by Julie Rosetti
- The Best Friend (Sister Series, #3) by Leanne Davis <— “Until one day she runs into her adolescent friend, Tony Lindstrom and realizes the catastrophic circumstances that have ended his service in the United States Army. It has been two years since the end of Tony’s professional career, and life as he knew it. But he has done nothing to accept what happened to him, or even begun to learn how to live with it… …Tony can’t contemplate anything with Gretchen because to him, what good is a man who is incomplete on the outside, but completely broken inside?“
- Fall With Me (Entangled Embrace) by Julia Patricka <— “Dumped by her college boyfriend for her best friend, the last thing Jenna Brandt needs to deal with is working beside her backstabbing-BFF’s hotter-than-hot brother. But when he offers her a chance to get some revenge on her ex, she can hardly say no–even if spending more time with Sutton puts her heart in jeopardy all over again.“
- Be Careful What You Wish For (Wishes) by Jade C. Jamison <— Oooh! College student hired by a married woman to “trick” her husband to prove he’s a cheater… “Jessica succeeds but discovers something else—she and Kage are soulmates, destined to find each other. But as they attempt to carve out their places in each other’s lives, Jessica finds herself plagued with doubts, and she begins to suspect that Kage is once a cheater, always a cheater. Can their relationship survive or was it doomed from the start?“
- His to Keep (an Out of Uniform novella) (Entangled Brazen) by Katee Robert <— “After years of waiting in painful silence, police officer Aaron Robinson finally has Marcy’s attention. And man, does he have it. But nothing could have prepared either of them for the rush of fiery lust between them. So he’ll just have to convince Marcy he’s for real.”
- Unbreakable Hearts (CEP) by Harper Bentley