<— LIVE! This one, and SO many others that are right up our alley. Authors near and dear to our reading-hearts… our very favorite ones are BACK this week. Abbi Glines’ Until Friday Night (HOLY MOLY the blurb on this one made my heart ache!!! This sounds so different for this author… deep and poignant sounding), Tracey Garvis-Graves’ Heart-Shaped Hack (I LOVE THIS AUTHOR!! Everything I’ve read from her, very adult-contemporary awesome!), Emma Chase’s Sustained (made me awwwwwww when I read this blurb… he helps take care of orphans), Shay Savage’s Released (best male POV-writer!!), C.D. Reiss’ Rule (mafia romance!!), Tijan’s Fallen Crest University (need I even expand? LOL!!! She’s HUGE in our crew), the list goes on and on, and I think we’ll be reading to our hearts delight this week!
P.S. ABOUT TIJAN’S Fallen Crest Series (I love Tijan just ’cause she’s plain awesome in real life, AND ’cause so many here LOVE her books) BUT! I can’t answer the first question however (since I still need to read this series), however… our crew CAN!!!:
Allison: Confession time . . . I see FCU and read the blurb and just think, “Ugh. High School.” But then I read the way you guys comment and talk about the books and wonder “WTH am I missing?”So please someone tell me . . . WTH am I missing?
Ela: *whispering to Allison* I feel the same……..shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Fabi: The story is so much more intense than what you would think of as high school angst. I would even call it dark in some respects.
Tessa: What are you missing? Just to get an idea, I’m at 90% at typing because the tummy twists got too much and I had to step away before I threw my tablet in anger and fear. I literally have my hands clenched and want to scream and hit something.
Tessa: And done. *sighs* I want more! I know, I’ll get more (Logan’s book, yeah!) but I want more now!
Amy: Oh Ela and Allison…you are missing SO much if you haven’t read the Fallen Crest series. If not for the high school references in the first few books, you would think they were college age. The characters may be in high school but I would NOT classify it as YA, especially with the sexy times. To me, FCH is one of those series that may not sound like much from the blurbs or our gushing but has to be experienced to understand the appeal. And they read FAST! I keep staring ambivalently at FCU on my iPad, wanting to dive in yet knowing that when it’s over then that’s it and I’ll have to wait for the next one and I’ll be in a funk. *sigh* I’m so glad you ladies understand that feeling.
Ela: Oh Amy! LOL You have re-assured me *high five* *fist bump*…..
Tessa: I can’t say I’m in a funk yet. I’m still saying “Oh, my, GOD!” out loud a lot. I will be though. Ela,
Amy: See?? SEE?!? *points at Tessa* Look how quickly she finished it! I don’t want it to be over that fast but I know it will ’cause it’s nearly impossible to set it down once you start it.
Ready? Just take a look at these!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Sustained: Legal Briefs, Book 2 by Emma Chase
- Shadows Strike: Immortal Guardians Series #6 by Dianne Duvall
- Wildest Dreams by Robyn Carr
- Make Me, Sir: Masters of the Shadowlands by Cherise Sinclair
- The Last Time I Saw Her: A Novel by Karen Robards
- Tough Love by Lori Foster
- When a Scot Ties the Knot: Castles Ever After by Tessa Dare
- Breathless in Love: The Maverick Billionaires, Book 1 by Bella Andre
- The Culmination: The Club Series, Book 4 by Lauren Rowe
- Two Minutes: Seven Series, Book 6 by Dannika Dark
- Her Lucky Cowboy: A Montana Men Novel, Book 3 by Jennifer Ryan
- X: Kinsey Millhone, Book 24 by Sue Grafton
- Secondhand Souls: A Novel by Christopher Moore
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Box Set: Rescue Me Saga, Books 1-3 by Kallypso Masters <— HOLY MOLY BDSM BAD-A$$ES DEAL!!! The 1st 3 in the series have been bundled at a rock bottom price!
- The Moment of Letting Go by J.A. Redmerski <— Melissa recommends this one! “Hi Maryse, I just finished The Moment of Letting Go by JA Redmerski. OMG- so great! It had the Edge of Never feel to it which I know you totally loved and were head over heals for. (me too) You must read and/or review. I’m curious to see what your take on it is.“
- The Unblocked Collection by Marni Mann <— whole series bundled at a bargain price!
- Wrong by LP Lovell <— DARK READ, super-bargain priced right now, and book #2 was just released (below)!!
- Dance for Me (Forbidden Trilogy Book 1) by J.C. Valentine <— The conclusion to this trilogy was just released today (below) so I’m posting #1 & #2 right here since they’re bargain priced! If you haven’t read these yet, DON’T look at the blurb of the latest one!!
- Lie to You (Forbidden Trilogy Book 2) by J.C. Valentine (and here’s #2)
- Overruled by Emma Chase <— MIGHT BE ONE FOR THE WHAT TO RAED AFTER ARSEN LIST ALERT!!! Sale priced ’cause book #2 was just released (below)! Anne loved it “I finished Overruled and LOVED it! I totally fell in love with Stanton Shaw and Sofia was amazing too. I totally recommend this book!” (but some of our fellow readers were FURIOUS with HIM and some decisions he made… and did not love it as much).
- Slammer by Tabatha Vargo <— HE’S A PRISONER AND SHE’S THE PRISON NURSE <— Aimee went nuts over this recent release! “Just finished slammer by tabatha vargo. It was unputdownable. Holy moly what an ending”
- Play for Me: A Novel <— OOOOOH SOUNDS LIKE TROUBLE ALERT!!! Claudia found us this one!!! “I was waiting for the price to go low; ..very good reviews…” She’s a married photographer and… “It happens without warning: At a folk-rock show at her son’s college, Lily becomes transfixed by the guitarist’s unassuming onstage presence and beautiful playing—and with his final note, something within her breaks loose.” (and then she gets a job to tour with them…)
- Made for Breaking (The Russells Book 1) by Lauren Gilley <— And Nancy found us this one!!
- Breakout (The Dred Chronicles Book 3) by Ann Aguirre
- Devastation: A Beauty and the Beast Novel (A Beastly Tale Book 3) by M.J. Haag
- Nightwalker by Jacquelyn Frank
- River Wolf (Wolves of Willow Bend Book 7) by Heather Long
- Vampire in Crisis (Family Blood Ties Book 8) by Dale Mayer
- Night’s Surrender (Children of the Night Book 7) by Amanda Ashley
- Even Vampires Get the Blues: A Deadly Angels Book (A Deadly Angels Novella 6) by Sandra Hill
- The Last Time I Saw Her: A Novel (Dr. Charlotte Stone Book 4) by Karen Robards
- Intervention by Aurelia T. Evans
- Accessory: The Scarab Beetle Series: #4 (The Academy) by C.L. Stone
- On The Hunt by Alexandra Ivy, Rebecca Zanetti, Dianne Duvall, Hannah Jayne
- Shadows Strike (Immortal Guardians series Book 6) by Dianne Duvall
- My Savior (Bewitched and Bewildered Book 4) by Alanea Alder
- The Dragon Guard Series Box Set: (Books 1-7) by Julia Mills
- Charmed and Dangerous: Ten Tales of Gay Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy by Astrid Amara, KJ Charles, Charlie Cochet, Rhys Ford, Ginn Hale, Lou Harper, Jordan L. Hawk, Nicole Kimberling, Andrea Speed
- Dragon King: A Dark Kings Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Donna Grant
- Witches Don’t Back Down (Kate Storm Series Book 4) by Meredith Allen Conner
- Obsession By Treaty (Scifi Romantic Suspense) (Qui Treaty Collection Book 5) by Kayla Stonor
- Angel 6.0: Emissary (Space Opera Romance) (Angel 6.0, Book 5) by Travis Luedke
- Volume One: Gildemer (The Gate Series 1 Volumes) by A.S. Oren
- Parallel Fire: The Parallel Series, Book 3.5 (Paranormal Romance) by Deidre Knight
- Bring Me to Life by August Kert
- Dark Nest: Reckoning (The Dark Nest Chronicles Book 2) by Leanna Renee Hieber
- Because of Him (The Mind Breaker Accounts Book 2) by Megan Duke
- Multiple Incursions by F. R. Akerman
- Fallen Crest University (Fallen Crest Series Book 5) by Tijan <— TIJAN ALERT!!! And I can’t even read the blurb ’cause I have to start the series first and it’s been on my TBR list for a few years and EVERYONE I know seems to love it, especially Tessa who has thrown enough peanuts at me for not reading it that I could eat peanut butter for a few years!
- Until Friday Night (A Field Party Book 1) by Abbi Glines <— WHOA!!! OH WOW I LOVE THE SOUND OF THIS ONE! SHE’S MUTE & HE STARTS TELLING HER HIS SECRETS… He’s the popular jock (quietly hurting over his dad’s cancer suffering) and SHE is mute because she saw her father murder her mother!! “…she stayed quiet, keeping her sorrow and her fractured heart hidden away. As West’s pain becomes too much to handle, he knows he needs to talk to someone about his father—so in the dark shadows of a post-game party, he opens up to the one girl who he knows won’t tell anyone else.West expected that talking about his dad would bring some relief, or at least a flood of emotions he couldn’t control. But he never expected the quiet new girl to reply, to reveal a pain even deeper than his own—or for them to form a connection so strong that he couldn’t ever let her go…“
- Bounce: A Boomerang Novel by Noelle August <— “Never in her wildest dreams does Skyler imagine she’ll land the lead role or that she’ll have her shoes knocked off her feet by the kiss her audition partner, Grey Blackwood, plants on her—a kiss that feels very real and not at all “acted.“
- Don’t Get Me Wrong: A Novel by Marianne Kavanagh <— SOUNDS POIGNANT (and it says for fans of Jojo Moyes. Oh that’s me!!!) They hate each other, but both love her older sister… “Both Harry and Kim are too stuck in their prejudices to care about what’s really going on beneath the surface of each other’s lives. They’ll never understand each other—until the worst of all tragedy strikes. Faced with the possibilities of losing the person they both love most, long-buried secrets come to a head in ways that will change both Harry and Kim forever.” <— CLAUDIA LOVED IT!!! “Don’t get me wrong by Marianne Kavanagh , loved it!! One of my favs this year!“
- The Path (Crystal Cove Book 3) by Tawdra Kandle
- Second Chance Bride by Raine English
- 3 Seconds (Time for Love Book 6) by Bethany Lopez <— HE’S A ROCK ROCK STAR/OLDER WOMAN-YOUNGER MAN ALERT!! “What starts as a one-night-stand becomes more when Bronagh and Brendan realize that they can’t walk away. But can a younger man who’s prone to late nights and scantily-clad women convince a woman who’s been hurt that age doesn’t matter, and he’s the man she needs?“
- Divine Domination (Bought by the Billionaire Book 4) by Lili Valente
- Time to Heal by Lisa B. Kamps
- It’s a Wonderful Wife (Sinclair Brothers Novel) by Janet Chapman
- Ally Hughes Has Sex Sometimes: A Novel by <— OMG ON THIS BLURB!!! SHE’S A SINGLE MOTHER/TEACHER & HAS A FLING? WITH A STUDENT and then… “Ten years later, Ally’s still single. Jake reappears and surprises her in a brand-new role: He’s dating Ally’s now-grown daughter.” <— CLAUDIA LOVED THIS ONE TOO! “Ok, another one : Ally Hughes Has Sex Sometimes: by Jules Moulin ..sooooo good!! Thank you Maryse!!”
- Sustained (The Legal Briefs Series Book 2) by Emma Chase <— AWWWWWW I LOVE THE SOUND OF THIS SWEETNESS ALERT! He’s a no-nonsense lawyer, and sounds like a hard-ass… “I’m not a therapist or Prince Charming—and I don’t pretend to be. Then Chelsea McQuaid and her six orphaned nieces and nephews came along and complicated the ever-loving hell out of my life. Now I’m going to Mommy and Me classes, One Direction concerts, the emergency room, and arguing cases in the principal’s office…“
- Illusive (Storm MC #5) by Nina Levine
- With Brave Wings (Breaking Free Book 2) by Cara Dee
- Getting Over It: Sapphire Falls book six by Erin Nicholas
- Christi Bell by Lori Lapekes <— CREEPY MESSAGES… “She discovers peculiar things, like the stranger lives in a beat-up old trailer that resembles her toaster. She begins to understand him. But is he a stalker or a protector?“
- Injustice (A Kingpin Love Affair Book 4) by J.L. Beck
- Her Alaskan Hero (An Alaskan Hero Novel Book 1) by Rebecca Thomas
- Rule (A Mafia Romance) (The Corruption Series Book 3) by C.D. Reiss <— THE CONCLUSION TO THIS MAFIA ROMANCE TRILOGY ALERT! (I can’t read the blurb so I don’t spoil it for myself, but it’s now complete!)
- Find Me (Found Duet Book 2) by Laurelin Paige <— The Conclusion of Gwen and JC’s Story
- A Scot in Springtime by Helena Moran-Hayes
- In The Dark (The Rules Book 2) by Monica Murphy <— SHE’S HOUSESITTING & HE THINKS SHE’S HIS RICH NEIGHBOR… “If Gabe wants to believe she’s a spoiled rich girl looking for some fun, she can go along with that. After the summer, she’ll never see him again. They don’t count on running into each other at college. Now Lucy must keep up the pretense of being a rich girl–and it’s exhausting…“
- Disconnect (Iron Bulls MC #2) by Phoenyx Slaughter
- Unforgettable Heroes II Boxed Set by Elizabeth Bevarly, Maddie James, Margaret Ethridge, Janet Eaves, Amy Jarecki, Jennifer Johnson, Amie Denman, Bobbye Terry, Arlene Hittle, JC Wardon
- Meeting Max by Richard Brumer
- Heart-Shaped Hack by Tracey Garvis-Graves <— HE HACKS MONEY INTO HER ACCOUNT ALERT!!! “When Kate Watts abandoned her law career to open a food pantry in Northeast Minneapolis, she never dreamed it would be this difficult. Facing the heartbreaking prospect of turning hungry people away, she is grateful for the anonymous donations that begin appearing at the end of each month. Determined to identify and thank her secret benefactor, she launches a plan and catches Ian —a charismatic hacker with a Robin Hood complex—in the act...”
- Illusive (Storm MC #6) by Nina Levine
- Coletrane (Bad Boys of Retribution MC Book 4) by Rie Warren
- Anything but Broken by Joelle Knox <— HER DEAD SISTER’S EX ALERT!!! “She’s flunking out of college, haunted by scandal, and the only person who cares is Sean Whitlow, an irresistible bad boy with a soft spot for her. The problem? He’s her dead sister’s ex…”
- Passing His Guard (Against the Cage) by Melynda Price
- A Forever Love (Eligible Billionaires Book 6) by Maggie Marr
- Worth It (Forbidden Men Book 6) by Linda Kage <— FORBIDDEN LOVE ALERT!!! “…nothing else mattered, not that our families were enemies, our time together was forbidden, or we had to meet in secret. Our love could conquer all. Until it didn’t…“
- Forbidden (The Wicked Woodleys Book 1) by Jess Michaels <— REGENCY HISTORICAL
- Level Hands (Bend or Break) by Amy Jo Cousins <— M/M ROMANCE
- Feat of Clay (Men of London Book 4) by Susan Mac Nicol <— M/M ROMANCE
- A Little Harmless Rumor by Melissa Schroeder
- Storm Warning (Security Specialists International Book 4) by Monette Michaels
- Wrath: Wrong book 2 by Stevie J. Cole <— DARK READ ALERT!!! Sounds pretty darn good, so I put book #1 up there in the bargains (it’s super-bargain priced right now).
- Dirty Money (Bad Money Series Book 2) by Ali Parker
- A Real Cowboy Rides a Motorcycle (Wyoming Rebels) by Stephanie Rowe
- Claiming His Cowgirl (Crawley Creek Book 3) by Lori King
- Her Lucky Cowboy: A Montana Men Novel by Jennifer Ryan <— BULL RIDER ALERT! “He’s the fantasy that always kept her going. A child genius hidden away by her family, Bell was the secret no one talked about, the girl no one wanted. Despite finding success as a young surgeon, she’s still the awkward girl who’s never had a boyfriend. So why does Dane, a notorious playboy and sizzling-hot cowboy, insist on taking her on a real date?“
- Special Agent Maximilian (Undercover FBI Book 3) by Mimi Barbour
- Best Kept Secrets (A Chesterton Scandal Novel Book 1) by Shelly Ellis
- Released (Caged Book 3) by Shay Savage <— CAGE FIGHTER ALERT!! Tracey says: “Book 3 of the caged series by Shay Savage is out I absolutely ate the first two up think it will be a late night tonight “
- Stone Cold Liar (Misadventures of Mink LaRue) by Noire
- Necessary Detour by Kim Hornsby
- Gypsy Heat: A Gypsy Beach Novel by Jillian Neal
- Fall for Him (Forbidden Trilogy Book 3) by J.C. Valentine <— BROTHERS ALERT!!! ”Two men. Both brothers. One life-changing decision.” I put #1 & #2 up there in the bargain priced books, since this appears to be the trilogy conclusion. I’m not going to read the blurb…
- Loving the Chase (Heart of the Storm) by Sharla Lovelace
- Peace, Love, & Romance: (Celebrating Women Who Have Loved, Lost, and Triumphed) by Jennifer Theriot, Diane Rinella, Christine Ardigo, Robyn Roze, Dee Ernst, Aubree Lane, Kelly Cozzone, Jill Cox Vogt, Rebecca Warner, Nan Reinhardt
- Jingle Bell Cowgirl: cowboy inspirational romance (Heart of Oklahoma Book 5) by Lacy Williams
- The Christmas Joy Ride by Melody Carlson
- Deception by April Isabelle Ordonez
- Operation Italy (Operation Series Book 2) by ML Rosado
- Nantucket by Nan Rossiter <— SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT! “After Cadie returned home to New York and discovered she was pregnant, her parents crushed any hope of communicating with the boy she’d left behind. Unanswered letters and calls couldn’t change Liam’s heart, but over the years he’s settled into a simple, solitary life in his rambling beachfront house. Now he’s learned that Cadie is returning to Nantucket for the opening of her son’s art show…“
- Reconciliation – Book 3 Metal Prodigy Series (The Metal Prodigy Series) by J.S. Snow
- Mystic Park (Finding Home Series Book 4) by Regina Hart
- Angry Movie Guy by Izzy Church
- Blurred Lines by Lauren Layne <— BEST FRIENDS AND ROOMMATES FOR YEARS ALERT!! But when they start having casual sex (and yet just staying friends) and it works… everyone’s content. Until!!! “The arrangement works perfectly . . . at first. The sex is mind-blowing, and their friendship remains as solid as ever, without any of the usual messy romantic entanglements. But when Parker’s ex decides he wants her back, Ben is shocked by a fierce stab of possessiveness. And when Ben starts seeing a girl from work, Parker finds herself plagued by unfamiliar jealousy…“
- Timber Lake (The Snowy Range Series Book 2) by Nya Rawlyns
- Playing by the Rules (A Portwood Brothers Novel Book 1) by Emily Robertson
- Nobody’s Fool (A Willow Park Romance Book 2) by Sarah Hegger
- Business With Pleasure (More To Love Book 1) by Rozlyn Sparks and Abi Aiken
- Accidentally Seduced (The Naked Truth Book 3) by Carmen Falcone
- The Heartbreak: Undying Love #2 by Isabelle Connors
- Planning on Prince Charming (Reality Romance Book 4) by Lizzie Shane
- Code of Honor: A Spontagio Family Novel by Missy Johnson
- Just a Little Kiss by Renita Pizzitola
- Privileged (American Prince Book 1) by J.M. Downey
- Pardoned (American Prince Book 2) by J.M. Downey
- Persecuted (American Prince Book 3) by J.M. Downey
- PS Olive You by Lizzie Allen <— MARRIAGE IN TROUBLE ALERT!! “…he leaves Faith in charge of finding them a permanent holiday home on the island. But things don’t go to plan – over the course of a summer, Faith’s doomed marriage begins to unravel, and far from finding a house she set out for, she finally discovers the person she really is. . .“
- Emma’s Dream (Morgan’s Run Romances) by M. Lee Prescott
- Safe with You (Saved #1) by Shelby Reeves
- Havana Jazz Club by Lola Mariné
- What Happens in College… (Ritter University Book 2) by Vanessa M. Knight
- Ever After (Love to the Rescue Book 3) by Rachel Lacey <— HOT COP ALERT! “Pete Sampson (aka Deputy Hot Stuff) faces intense pressure from the sheriff to find out who’s behind a string of vandalisms. And after her spray-painting spree, Olivia is suspect number one. Still, Pete can’t stop thinking about her. Wanting her. Now he’s torn between his duty and his overpowering desire for the vivacious waitress…“
- Last Chance Llama Ranch by Hilary Fields
- Finding You (Candellano Family Trilogy) by Maureen Child <— SINGLE FATHER ALERT! “Carla Candellano has faced a tragedy she’d like to put behind her, but no one has been able to penetrate the wall she has built around herself–until she meets six-year-old Reese Wyatt. Reese hasn’t spoken since her mother died last year, and it’s friendship at first sight for Carla and little Reese. But it’s the girl’s worried father, Jackson, who arouses Carla’s curiosity, and passion, in ways she never imagined…“
- Knowing You (Candellano Family Trilogy) by Maureen Child
- Violent Delights by Helena Maeve
PRE-ORDERS (next week’s)
- If I Didn’t Know Better (The Callaways Book 9) by Barbara Freethy - August 26th 2015
- Bound By Temptation (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles Book 4) by Cora Reilly
- The Empathy series Box set by Ker Dukey <— The entire series bundled for a SUPER BARGAIN!! releasing August 31st 2015
- Breaking Ryann (Bad Boy Reformed 3) by Alyssa Rae Taylor – expected release date August 31st 2015!!
- 9 Ways to Fall: An Exclusive Collection of NINE Red-Hot Romances by bestselling authors, featuring Alpha Males, Fighters, Rock-Stars, Movie Stars, Sexy Bad Boys and more - August 31st 2015
- Thick Love (Thin Love Book 2) by Eden Butler – August 31st 2015
- Hold On (The ‘Burg Series Book 6) by Kristen Ashley – September 1st 2015
- Under My Skin: A Stark Novel by J. Kenner - expected release date September 1st 2015
- Begging for It by Lilah Pace - expected release date September 1st 2015 <— OMG I LOVED BOOK #1!!!!!
- Crosstown Crush: A Sins In the City Novel by Cara McKenna - September 1st 2015
- Reclaiming Jessamine: A Novel by Jessica Sorensen – expected release date September 1st 2015
- Archangel’s Enigma (Guild Hunter) by Nalini Singh - expected release date September 1st 2015
- The Drafter (The Peri Reed Chronicles Book 1) by Kim Harrison - expected release date September 1st 2015
- A Red-Rose Chain: An October Daye Novel by Seanan McGuire - expected release date September 1st 2015
- Undercover: A Novel by Danielle Steel – expected release date September 1st 2015
- Too Hard to Handle (Black Knights Inc.) by Julie Ann Walker - expected release date September 1st 2015
- The Gambler: The Wedding Pact #3 by Denise Grover Swank - expected release date September 1st 2015
- Dark Ghost (Carpathian Book 26) by Christine Feehan - expected release date September 1st 2015
- Charlie Foxtrot (Code 11- KPD SWAT Book 5) by Lani Lynn Vale - September 3rd 2015
- Hollywood Dirt by Alessandra Torre – September 7th 2015
- Sin & Suffer (Pure Corruption) by Pepper Winters – Jan 26th 2016
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).