HAPPY NEW RELEASE DAY!!! Okay today’s list is just awesome and we’ve already started our next “buddy-read” (a new release right here on this list, in fact!) Actually we’re starting tonight, but Grace already dove in and is loving it.
But first, here are a few on here that have me extra-excited. My mini *blurb-jolt* list.: Going the Distance (not a new release, but I just read one from this author that I LOVED, and someone just told me she’s since read this one and loves it even more. MINE!!!!), The Problem with Forever (sounds heartbreaking and super-angsty and is from one of my absolute favorite authors, so this is a given!), Dirty Girl (super-famous actor responds to her hilarious “singles” ad), Wicked Heart (she’s still in love with this famous actor, and she has to work with him and his fiancee), Don’t You Cry (psych-thriller innocent crush that turns far more sinister… and I think it’s HER that’s the creepy one!!), Within Reach (her boyfriend dies, but he’s between realms and trying to reach her…). OH yeah…. and of course Karina Halle’s latest Smut (which sounds right up our contemporary romance alley and it looks like it’s our next buddy-read)…
P.S. For our buddy-readers out there (and right here)… I think we’re doing Smut, next. Er… Karina Halle’s “Smut” that is. OMG this group is hilarious!!!!!
Fabi: Smut. Is anyone surprised it’s an auto-buy for me? Let’s do Smut Maryse! I’m finishing up Mind Magic, but it seems a quick one so I should be done tonight. I can start Smut tomorrow. I’ve already downloaded it.
Grey: Me too!
Fabi: *high fives Grey*
Amy: “Let’s do Smut Maryse!” <—— *snorrrrrrrrrt!!!!!* Okay, how did I NOT know Smut was by Karina Halle?!? That makes it an auto-click!
Maryse: LOL Amy and Fabi!!! Yeah! Let’s DO Smut!!!! No, seriously…
Jean: OK, gotta start Smut today. I was sad I missed the BR of Undecided.
Cheryl: I’m in for Smut! I mean how can you resist!! It is part of our club’s name after all!
bev: Cheryl has been hanging with Fabi and joined a smutty ladies club. Bless their hearts.
Amy: Awww Bev…nobody to pass gossip notes to now that Cheryl has turned to Smut?? And I know what “bless their hearts” means in Southern terms. *snicker* Oh, and Tessa…did you see “feisty Bev’s” comments yesterday?!? Passing notes and spreading rumors. *shakes head*
bev: *writes in glitter pen*
Tessa is drunk and Cheryl has turned to smut. They are no longer invited to the slumber party.
P.s. I rented Pretty in Pink. AND Sixteen Candles!!!! Jake Ryan!!
P.p.s. I think the guy with the bun likes you. Do you like him too???? Y or N
Tessa: If I’m drunk, Ive been wronged! Just for that, I’m making myself a drink!
Cheryl: *whispers to Amy & Tessa, let’s crash Bev’s slumber party* I’ll bring the Smut, Amy & Tessa you bring the “drinkies”
Fabi: So, are we doing Smut tomorrow? Who’s in? DG and Linda, I swear I’m getting to that Billionaire book. I’ve been saying next since Jean recommended it. Next, next, next. But Smut first.
Grace: SMUT, SMUT, SMUTTING IT UP!!! Whoo Hooo!!! I’m always behind because of my time zone so usually I’m commenting on a old post before I even see the new one! Today I was checking the comments out to see if anyone has posted any reactions to Smut yet, but all that I saw was declarations! Well, that is that then! I’m starting it because it’s Karina Halle and the premise is freaking stupid good! Ha! I don’t think I have ever described anything like that before. Ok. Shhhh… All you little lovelies are probably sleeping right now so I’m going to be quiet while I slip on over here and get my Smut on.
So there you have it. Smut it is!
P.P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere). P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything!)
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Beautiful Disaster: A Novel by Jamie McGuire <— TRAVIS!!!!!! MY FAVORITE BOOK SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! This is one of my absolute favorite books ever, and Travis is still my #1 (and this is one of the only books I’ve re-read… many times) Here’s my review!
Angela: Yes yes yes, if you haven’t read it but it now!
Lauren: One of my all time favorites and best author – I read everything she writes including the spin off of this series! It’s so worth it. Also check out Paper Princess if you haven’t. Two of the best books I have ever read!
Gabby: Just started re reading it again last night! I think I lost count of how many times I have read it
Lisa: Ok. I was a holdout, but it’s on sale and your review was very good. So, I 1-clicked it.
- My Commander (Bewitched and Bewildered Book 1) by Alanea Alder <— HUGE RECENT FUNNY FAVORITE ALERT! Lauren found us this super-bargain and I know a TON of you here laughed and laughed and LOVED it! “My Commander (Bewitched & Bewildered Book 1) by Alanea Alder … We were just talking about this one last week….it is SO good & freakin hilarious too!”
Grace: MY COMMANDER…!!!! IF ANYONE PASSES THAT UP THEY ARE NUTS!
Lisa: On to My Commander and insanely giggling…. and annoying my grumpy husband who’s trying to watch football….reading about the SWAT team approach to buying tampons!! So silly…but entertaining.
- Going the Distance by Julianna Keyes <— I’M THINKING SHE MAY BE A NEW FAVORITE AUTHOR ALERT! I went CRAZY just a few days ago for her book “Undecided” and Jen just finished another from her…
Jen: I just finished Going the Distance. I liked this one even more than Undecided! I love discovering new authors! Well new to me anyway! I definitely will be gobbling up the rest of Julianna Keyes books
bev: I want to say Going the Distance. Just as a whole it snuck up on me. The characters were so resistant and closed up it took me a while to realize I was completely invested. I can’t remember what exactly was happening in the scene, but the H&h were teasing or something and I found I had read it with a silly smile on my face.
LisaC: I started Going the Distance today per your recommendation. 60% in and loving it so far. Thanks so much!
Maryse: OMG JEN!!!! You may have just cinched my next read!!!!!
- Undecided by Julianna Keyes <— I (WE!!!) LOVED IT LIKE CRAZY!! So while I’m here, I will re-recommend my latest favorite (from said author, above). If you love Elle Kennedy (and her “The Deal” series) like we do, YOU WILL LOVE THIS ONE ➜ MY book review of Undecided by Julianna Keyes and Robyn agrees:
Robyn: I’m halfway into Undecided! You’re right Maryse, it has that “feel” to it. I’m love it and can’t put it down. I love the giddy and squirly feelings….love! This is what I look for in most books I read.
- Tapping the Billionaire (Bad Boy Billionaires) (Volume 1) by Max Monroe <—- HUGE HIT ALERT! And Jean INSISTS!!
Jean: Ok, I’m not screaming, but…..YOU ALL NEED TO READ TAPPING THE BILLIONAIRE!
DG: I know a couple of ladies have read Tapping A Billionaire by the oh so mysterious Max Monroe….so what is everyone else waiting for?!?! No but seriously…I ABSOLUTELY LOVED this book! Funny does not describe it…just.downright.HILARIOUS. And smexy. Loaded with hotness, tons of laughs, witty banter and smex. Benadryl and this book are 4EVER linked in my mind. Can’t wait to meet the other two billionaires in this series by the oh so mysterious Max Monroe!
Grace: Jean is so right about Tapping The Billionaire. It was clever and fun and a truly enjoyable read. The characters were vivid and ridiculous in such a fun way. Each of them has a crazy best friend and it feeds the chaos in the best way. Don’t miss it!
Amy: So, Jean and Grace…you’re saying we should be tapping that?
Jean: Yes, you should all be tapping Kline from the book! He is not your typical book billionaire. He doesn’t sleep around, he’s respectful, and a total gentleman (well sometimes)! I love him!
Linda: Absolutely adored this read!!! Sooooo Sooooooo sooooo hilarious and SEXY. Max and Georgia just make me smile.
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell <— HEARTWARMING & WE ALL LOVED THIS ONE and what a HUGE deal that Michelle found us for today! Here’s my review!
Helen: I would give ELEANOR & PARK by Rainbow Rowell to everyone. I freaking love that book!
MichelleS: I just finished Eleanor and Park. Just knowing that this book sat on my Kindle, unread for months…. ….. man, that was so good. I am giving it 4.5 stars – the ONLY thing keeping it from 5 stars is the ending. I needed just a wee bit more. Maybe an epilogue? Something. Just something!!! So sweet. So good. Just a great reading experience, you know? You guys were so right.
- Within Reach: A Novel by Jessica Stevens <— SOUNDS AWESOME! HE’S A GHOST? “Six months ago her life was perfect: she was on her way to becoming a professional dancer, her parents were still married, and her boyfriend was alive. But now, with her anorexic tendencies stronger than ever, she must decide which is the lesser of two evils: letting go to be with a boy she doesn’t love, or holding on to the unreasonable, yet overpowering, feeling that Xan is still within reach…and trying to show her something.“
- Redeemed By Rilic: Olodian Alien Warrior Romance by Mychal Daniels
- Scarlet Rain: The Escaped – Book Two by Kristin Cast
- Dark Alpha’s Demand: A Reaper Novel (Reapers) by Donna Grant
- Withering Rose (Once Upon A Curse Book 2) by Kaitlyn Davis
- The Sway (Classified Series Book 1) by Ruby Knight
- The Problem with Forever (Harlequin Teen) by Jennifer L. Armentrout <— SHE HAD AN ABUSIVE CHILDHOOD but was saved by loving adoptive parents and about to start at a new high school… “of all the terrifying and exhilarating scenarios she’s imagined, there’s one she never dreamed of–that she’d run into Rider Stark, the friend and protector she hasn’t seen since childhood, on her very first day. It doesn’t take long for Mallory to realize that the connection she shared with Rider never really faded. Yet the deeper their bond grows, the more it becomes apparent that she’s not the only one grappling with lingering scars from the past. And as she watches Rider’s life spiral out of control, Mallory must make a choice between staying silent and speaking out–for the people she loves…“
Fabi: Amy, I was tempted by the Armentrout one, but I heard it hurts. You’ll love it, if it does. So I’ll wait for your reaction.
Tessa: I’m willing to read hurt if its an Armentrout book.
Amy: Oh Fabi…you *know* I will give y’all an earful. A Jennifer Armentrout book that hurts? PERFECT!
- Heart Breaker: A Nashville Nights Novel by Erin McCarthy
- Fooling Around by Noelle Adams
- Dirty Girl (Dirty Girl Duet Book 1) by Meghan March <— SHE POSTED A SINGLES AD (while drunk) AND A FAMOUS ACTOR RESPONDS! “Waking up with a giant hangover to find my humiliating personal ad has gone viral is not my finest moment. Cue my look of shock when one of Hollywood’s hottest new bad boys, Cavanaugh Westman, comes knocking at my door and drops his pants…“
- The Prince & The Player: Dirty Cinderella (Dirty Players Book 1) by Tia Louise
- Thirty-Six and a Half Motives: Rose Gardner Mystery #9 (Rose Gardner Mystery Series) by Denise Grover Swank
- My One and Only (Ardent Springs Book 3) by Terri Osburn
- I Promise You This (Love in Provence) by Patricia Sands
- Sex, Lies & Bourbon (Sex and Lies Book 5) by Kris Calvert
- Wicked Heart by Leisa Rayven <— SHE’S STILL IN LOVE WITH HIM & HE’S A FAMOUS ACTOR... “After being out of her life for six years, he and his gorgeous fiancé are set to star in the new Broadway show Elissa is stage managing. The only trouble is, when late night rehearsals bring Elissa and Liam together, the line between what is and what could have been gets blurred. Now one moment of weakness is about to create a scandal that will echo around the world…“
- Every Bride Has Her Day (Brides with Style Book #3): A Novel by Janice Thompson
- Stealing Jason Wilde: A Novel by Dee Ernst
- Dangerous Games (Aegis Group Book 3) by Sidney Bristol
- Too Hot To Handle by Tessa Bailey <— ROAD TRIP & SHE’S STRANDED W/ HER 3 SIBLINGS ALERT! “When rescue shows up—six-feet-plus of hot, charming sex on a motorcycle—Rita’s pretty certain she’s gone from the frying pan right into the fire . . . “
- The Billionaire’s Redemption (The Billionaire’s Kiss, Book Five): (A Billionaire Alpha Romance) by Olivia Thorne
- Turn Me Loose (Paradise, Idaho) by Rosalind James
- COMING HOME: a collection by Katy Regnery, Amy Harmon, KL Grayson, Heidi McLaughlin, BT Urruela, Kallypso Masters <— MILITARY MEN ANTHOLOGY by some of our favorite authors!!!
- No Greater Hell (Lost and Found, Inc. Book 4) by Jerrie Alexander
- Justice Reborn (Cowboy Justice Association Book 8) by Olivia Jaymes
- The Company by Olivia Gaines, Tiana Laveen, Xyla Turner
- Don’t You Cry by Mary Kubica <— TWISTY TURNY PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT! A woman goes missing and… “…a mysterious woman appears in the quiet coffee shop where eighteen-year-old Alex Gallo works as a dishwasher. He is immediately drawn to her charm and beauty, but what starts as an innocent crush quickly spirals into something far more dark and sinister than he ever expected…“
- Working Stiff (Runaway Billionaires: Casimir): Runaway Billionaires #1 (Billionaires in Disguise) by Blair Babylon
- Landscaper in Love (The Landscaper Series Book 3) by Robin Stone
- Smut: A Standalone Romantic Comedy by Karina Halle <— LIVE LIVE LIVE KARINA HALLE ALERT!!!!! One of my favorite authors just released her latest!!! They don’t like each other AT ALL but are partnered to work on a writing project together… “…they fight tooth and nail. That is until they discover they write well together. They also might find each other really attractive, but that’s neither here nor there. When their writing project turns out to be a success, the two of them decide to start up a secret partnership using a pen name, infiltrating the self-publishing market in the lucrative genre of erotica…“ Grace is LOVING IT!
Grace: I’m am floving it!!!! And that is my inaugural “flove!” “I’m looking around the park red-faced and slightly sweaty, totally convinced that everyone knows exactly what I’ve been reading. Thank God for e-readers, you can read the filthiest $h&t and pretend you’re engrossed in War and Peace.” – Amanda (Smut) Ha Ha Ha!!! I am REALLY enjoying this book! OMG!!! The pen names! The tropes! The stories!!!! I can’t stop laughing, which is practically killing me because hubby is sleeping beside me and I’m trying to laugh silently. It’s impossible!
- Insta-Hate (The Instant Gratification Series Book 1) by Casey L. Bond
- Showmance by L.H. Cosway <— LIVE L.H. COSWAY ALERT!!!!!!! He’s a famous Hollywood star and… ”As a choreographer’s assistant, Rose Taylor has always faded into the background. She watches shows come to life from the side lines, but has never craved the attention of stardom. When rumours begin circulating of Damon’s involvement in her latest gig, she doesn’t predict how she will be thrust into the limelight, nor how the mysterious and strangely introverted man will need her to teach him how to be a star again…”
- Turn it Up (The Detroit Love Duet Book 2) by Kim Karr
- Completing the Pass (Santa Fe Bobcats Book 5) by Jeanette Murray <— FOOTBALL STAR ALERT!
- The Spiral Down by Aly Martinez <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT (and so many of us LOVE this author!!!) “Tall, dark, mysterious… Straight. We were both damaged beyond repair and searching for something so elusive we weren’t sure it even existed. But, when two broken souls collide in midair, falling is a given. I just never expected to crave the spiral down.“
- Chemical Bonds by L.M. Somerton <— M/M ROMANCE
- Overboard by Lynn LaFleur <— M/M ROMANCE
- Moving Target (The Target Series Book 3) by Marquita Valentine
- European Tour (Rocking The Pop Star Book 1) by L.V. Lewis
- 23 1/2 Hours to Live (Only Hours) by Angela Kulig
- Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly) by Lauren Layne <— SHE SUDDENLY BECOMES FAMOUS ALERT! “With paparazzi tracking her every move, Jenny flees to a remote mansion in Louisiana to write her next album. The only hiccup is the unexpected presence of a brooding young caretaker named Noah, whose foul mouth and snap judgments lead to constant bickering—and serious heat.“
- Rogues (A Boys Behaving Badly Anthology Book 1)
- A Son of Carver: A Carver High Novel, book two by Haven Francis
- The Mission (Clairmont Series Novel Book 2) by L.J. Wilson
- Sin & Secrets (New York Crime Kings Book 2) by Skyla Madi
- Behind The Mask by Linda Joyce
- Pyramids and Promises (The Omega Alpha Mu Brothers Book 2) by Kierra Quinn
- I’ll Be the One by Hazel James <— FAKE MARRIAGE COLLEGE ECONOMICS PROJECT “The senior Economics project is supposed to teach us about real life. Budgeting. Social classes. Careers. I was supposed to plan it all out with my school husband. I didn’t plan on actually falling in love with him, too…”
- All I Ever Wanted: Second Chance, Summer Romance (Summer Love Novels Book 1) by Katrina Mills
- Spring Secrets (Pine Point) by Allie Boniface
- Love Me ~ Through the Storm by Renee Kennedy
- CONTROL by Ali Parker
- Gena/Finn by Kat Helgeson and Hannah Moskowitz
- She Laughs In Pink (The Sheridan Hall Series Book 1) by Jessica Calla <— LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT?? She follows her best friend that she’s in love with… and then meets his new roommate! “…when Ben decides to play football for New Jersey University, Juliet doesn’t hesitate. She follows. Finally away from her past, there is nothing to stand in the way. Juliet will win Ben’s heart. Then she meets Ben’s roommate, Chase…“
- Once More: Mercy Heart Series Book 1 by Madeline Rooks
- The Reverse of Perfection (Bad Decisions Book 2) by Christi Barth
- Tell Me No Lies (The Black Orchid) by Magnolia Smith
- Reign Again: A Reign Jeffries Story by Ellie Keys
- Montana Hearts: True Country Hero by Darlene Panzera
- Sociopath’s Obsession by V.F. Mason <— DARK ROMANCE? SHE’S BROKE & WORKING TWO JOBS AND HE BECOMES OBSESSED WITH HER… “Nothing brought me greater pleasure than the pain and suffering I inflicted on my victims. Until I met her. She became my obsession. Sapphire. My Sapphire. If I were a better man, I would have left her alone and never made her part of my life. But I was a monster. And monsters didn’t have hearts.“
- It’s All True by Juliana Macintyre
PREORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- Sugar Daddy: A Sugar Bowl Novel by Sawyer Bennett - May 24th 2016
- Charged: Saints of Denver by Jay Crownover - May 24th 2016
- Wild Abandon by Jeannine Colette - May 24th 2016
- Easy For Keeps: A Boudreaux Novella (The Boudreaux Series) by Kristen Proby – May 24th 2016
- Glass Ceilings: A True Heroes Novel by A.M. Madden – May 24th 2016
- Make Me Forever by Beth Kery – May 24th 2016
- Until June: Until Her Series by Aurora Rose Reynolds - May 24th 2016
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).