Happy Memorial Day! Monday Early Birds & Some of Tomorrow’s Preorders…

by Maryse on May 30, 2016 · 38 comments

Happy Memorial Day my friends!! I hope you are all have a relaxingly peaceful, and joyful day with your friends and/or families. I will be taking it easy today, reading my heart out (The Butterfly Garden <— a book that I’ve been DYING to read, and I think some of us are even buddy reading it as we speak), and I too, shall enjoy some grilled yummies.

Happy Memorial Day!

But! Today is proving to be an awesome book day, ’cause a few just went live!!! And… wow!  Just looking at the AMAZING pre-orders that are going live tomorrow (er… tonight? *fingers crossed*) tomorrow’s is going to be AN AWESOME & HUGE release day. What a way to end a month!!!

JUST WENT LIVE!

1. The Honor Anthology by Emily Snow, MJ Field, Daryl Banner, Lacey Black, SM Donaldson, Misha Elliott, Ellie Keys, Ryan Michele, Chelsea Camaron, Amanda Lanclos<— MILITARY ROMANCE ALERT!!! Yes perfect for today! :D !!! “For Memorial Day 2016, eleven authors have come together to honor those who lost their lives while defending our freedom. Enjoy eleven brand new military-themed stories, which may contain a few familiar faces…” (and it’s over 650 pages!!) (also on Amazon UK)
  2. Shameless (Playboys in Love) by Gina L. Maxwell <— PLAYBOY ALERT & SHE DOESN’T WANT HIM!…I always follow when it’s pointing at something I want. That goes double when it points straight at the one girl in all of Chicago who’s not dying for a piece of me. She’s all I can think about, and that’s a problem, because she wants nothing to do with me. But I’ve seen her deepest secrets, her darkest fantasies, and they match mine to a f**king T…” (also on Amazon UK)
  3. Test Drive (Crossroads Book 3) by Riley Hart <— ONE OF OUR FAV M/M AUTHORS ALERT!!! So many of us absolutely LOVE Riley Hart’s brand of angsty m/m romance! His dad is dying, so he leaves everything and moves to him and discovers he has other siblings. And that his new-found sister’s brother-in-law was HIS past hookup. *gasp*!! “Things go from bad to worse when he discovers his recent hookup is his newfound sister’s brother-in-law. Drew Sinclair never expected to see Justin after their night at the club or to discover their family connection…” (also on Amazon UK)
  4. Beta Test (#gaymers) by Annabeth Albert <— M/M ROMANCE!! “Tossed together in close quarters, Ravi’s shocked to see Tristan’s sexy, softer side emerge from such a conservative shell. He’s less shocked to learn his handsome colleague’s prominent family would never support an out-and-proud son…” (also on Amazon UK)
  5. I’m Nothing (The Family Book 2) by Sam Crescent <— MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT? She’s trapped (kidnapped?) and he saves her… (also on Amazon UK)
  6. Delivered (The Monster Trilogy Book 3) by Marissa Farrar <— DARK READ TRILOGY FINALE!!! (also on Amazon UK)
  7. The Mating Destiny: Werewolves of Montana Book 7 by Bonnie Vanak (also on Amazon UK)
  8. Cornered (Holloway Pack Book 5) by J.A. Belfield <— HE’S A WOLF & HE MEETS HER IN A BAR!Seduced by his new companion, and happy to ignore the divide growing between himself and the pack, Danny is oblivious to the trap being laid out for him…” (I think she’s a vampire!!) (also on Amazon UK)
  9. Only For A Night (Lick) by Naima Simone <— SOUNDS STEAMY!! (also on Amazon UK)
  10. Back To The Beginning: A Duet by Laramie Briscoe and Seraphina Donavan <— PREQUELS TO THEIR POPULAR SERIES ALERT! “Join Laramie Briscoe & Seraphina Donavan as they take you back to where it all started for their two most popular series!… Back to Basics: A Heaven Hill Novella & Remembered: A DuChamps’ Dynasty Novella” (also on Amazon UK)
  11. One Good Reason (A Boston Love Story Book 3) by Julie Johnson (also on Amazon UK)
  12. Learning Curves by Cathryn Fox (also on Amazon UK)
  13. Bound to Serve (Dangerous Liaisons) by Julie Castle <— DELTA STAR’S ULTIMATE SECRET AGENT ALERT! “…no matter how many times he’s saved the world, he’s a ghost who will never take credit. He works best alone, and to continue to protect his country, he’ll stay alone…” that is, until he’s paired with her to take down a criminal mastermind… (also on Amazon UK)
  14. Shoot Out (The Baltimore Banners Book 7) by Lisa B. Kamps <— HOCKEY STAR ALERT! “Finally free from an abusive relationship, her focus is on looking forward. Her first step in that direction? A quick get-away to immerse herself in her photography–and a steamy encounter with a gorgeous green-eyed stranger…” It looks like it can be read as a standalone. (also on Amazon UK)
  15. Line Brawl (The Dartmouth Cobras Book 8) by Bianca Sommerland <— HOCKEY STAR ALERT! He wants them both… a man he loves and a woman that he is falling for… “Shawn gave up on ever having someone to call his own. A young woman who expects nothing from him slips into his life and has him ready to toss the rulebook. While the man he loves tempts him to burn it. Keeping them both would be easy, only…caring about them isn’t.” (also on Amazon UK)
  16. Adulterated: “There’s two sides to every love story” by Charlese Johnson <— SHE FALLS FOR A POLICE OFFICER BUT SHE… “…must get used to her role as the girlfriend of a police officer in a city where tension and hatred for her man are at an all time high. Despite the hate, their romance blossoms, until she discovers a startling and heartbreaking truth changing her life forever…” (also on Amazon UK)
  17. Disgrace by Dee Palmer <— THEY’RE BOTH DOMS & HE WANTS HER TO SWITCH FOR HIM!! “I must be mad to even consider Dominant club owner and King of Kink Jason Sinclair’s proposition. Two Doms don’t make a right. Self-preservation has kept me at a safe distance from the one man who could change all that. The only man who wields power like a sensual sword and keeps me balanced on that knife’s edge. My choice is simple: He wants me to switch for him…” (also on Amazon UK)
  18. Pretty When You Cry: A Dark Romance Novel by Skye Warren <— DARK READ SHE ESCAPES CULT ALERT & it’s super-bargain priced today! I think she escapes a cult or a religious commune!! “I came from a place of dirt floors and holy scriptures. They told me the world outside was full of sin, and the first night I escape, I find out it’s true. Ivan saves me, but he does more than that. He takes me. He makes me his own girl. My conditioning runs too deep. Ivan sees what I am. That’s the thing about showing a mouse to a cat. He wants to play. And it’s terrifying, even for me. Because the only thing darker than my past is his.” (also on Amazon UK)
  19. Reckless Beat Boxed Set by Eden Summers <— ROCK STAR SERIES BUNDLED at a bargain price!! (also on Amazon UK)
  20. Love, in Duology: The Love in English and Love in Spanish Bundle by Karina Halle <— SUPER-ANGSTY FORBIDDEN LOVE ALERT! SUPER-BARGAIN sale on this “duet”. I read book #1 and 5-star LOVED it, and now I can have both for super-cheap! (my review of book #1) (also on Amazon UK)
  21. Angel of Redemption by J.A. Little <— SLOW BURN & HE’S A JERK ALERT AND!!! My book-besties are absolutely LOVING this one!!! (also on Amazon UK)

Kandace: A few of us read and loved Angel of Redemption by J.A. Little. It’s a longer book (600 pages). He’s an moody but lovable jackbutt. She’s a bit feisty and sassy. Their chemistry was sizzling. It’s a bit of a slow burn romance but once they connect….THEY *Ahem*….connect often! The foster kids’ story was just as interesting. …I think a lot of you would love this book.

Shirley: After being in a book slump the past few weeks, I started Angel Of Redemption last night and I’m loving it!!! I agree with Kandace in what she said about this book!!

Kristy: Omg soooo soo good. And wonderfully long but not slow!!

Lauren: I haven’t read it yet but I bought it a few weeks ago when the price dropped. Guess I’ll move it up the TBR list!!!

Andrea: Just finished it and loved it…it was definitely a long book, but didn’t feel long. Every page was a perfect part of the story.

GOING LIVE AT MIDNIGHT!!!

1. Empire (Eagle Elite Book 7) by Rachel Van Dyken
  2. Grin and Beard It (Winston Brothers Book 2) by Penny Reid
  3. Ransom (Dead Man’s Ink Series Book 3) by Callie Hart
  4. Dirty Love (Dirty Girl Duet Book 2) by Meghan March
  5. Unexpected Circumstances: The Handmaid by Shay Savage
  6. Worth The Wait: A Nature Of Desire Series Novel by Joey W. Hill
  7. Unbreakable: Unrequited Part Two (Fallen Aces MC Book 2) by Max Henry
  8. Marrying Winterborne by Lisa Kleypas
  9. Everywhere and Every Way (The Billionaire Builders Book 1) by Jennifer Probst
  10. Demand (Careless Whispers Book 2) by Lisa Renee Jones
  11. Stacked Up: Worth the Fight Series by Sidney Halston
  12. Blood Lust (The Sentinels) by Alexandra Ivy
  13. Wicked Love (Wicked White Series Book 3) by Michelle A. Valentine
  14. Torn: LOST Series #4 by Cynthia Eden
  15. The Angel Wore Fangs: A Deadly Angels Book by Sandra Hill
  16. Protecting His Own (Masters of the Shadowlands Book 11) by Cherise Sinclair
  17. Before the Fall by Noah Hawley <— PLANE CRASH SURVIVORS!! “…the plane plunges into the ocean. The only survivors are Scott Burroughs-the painter-and a four-year-old boy, who is now the last remaining member of an immensely wealthy and powerful media mogul’s family…”
  18. About the Night by Anat Talshir <— THEY FALL IN LOVE DURING WARTIME BUT IT’S FORBIDDEN! This sounds like it could be as epic as The Nightingale and The Bronze Horseman AND!!! It’s already in the top 10 of all of Amazon and it hasn’t even released yet! “Tragically, they come from two different worlds. Elias is a Christian Arab living on the eastern side of the newly divided city, and Lila is a Jew living on the western side. A growing conflict between their cultures casts a heavy shadow over the region and their burgeoning relationship.” <— JUNE 1st 2016
  19. The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchison <— #1 RIGHT NOW!!!! This book is #1 on ALL of Amazon Kindle right now, and it’s coming out in just a couple of days! I can’t wait to read it!!!! (It’s on my latest TBR list that I posted last night) <— JUNE 1st 2016

Cheryl May 30, 2016 at 10:50 AM

Happy rainy (at least here) Memorial Day. I finally have time to read, and I can’t decide on one. Been reading samples all morning. ARGH, so frustrating!

bev May 30, 2016 at 11:03 AM

Is it a mood thing Cheryl?

I started a historical, The Perfect Rake, and it’s charming. Yet, I’m like maybe I feel like a YA or Non fiction or…..lol.

Cheryl May 30, 2016 at 11:22 AM

Bev, yes I think that’s what it is. I’ve read some lighthearted, fluffy reads lately and I just want something with some grit and a story that hasn’t been overdone. Narrowed down to When I lost You, Just Dance, Wild Abandon and Good Girl which are on my tbr next list. Sure I can’t go wrong with any of them; I just keep circling.

Maryse May 30, 2016 at 11:27 AM

Been there… done that (and often!!). Too many “sure-thing” choices (although, that’s an awesome problem).

I’m relieved I know exactly what I’m in the mood for today…

Cheryl May 30, 2016 at 11:45 AM

Maryse, looking at your instagram and saw Edge of Glory and thought yeh that looks good, only to realize it hasn’t been released yet. Story of my book indecision today. :(

bev May 30, 2016 at 11:47 AM

Cheryl, is it The Good Girl by Kubica?

Cheryl May 30, 2016 at 11:51 AM

Bev, it’s Good Girl by Lauren Layne.

bev May 30, 2016 at 11:53 AM

So, this has spoilers for Gone Girl in the beginning. Then a few suggestions for psychological thrillers, not spoiled. They look interesting. Especially two of them. But I don’t think u could do the other two…..especially the one of being in her mind. Though I think the premise of a female serial killer playing games with the detective she previously kidnapped is interesting.

bev May 30, 2016 at 11:58 AM

That should be I couldn’t do it. Not u couldn’t.

Cheryl May 30, 2016 at 11:59 AM

Thanks Bev.

I think I’m going to go with an Amy suggestion. Since I have it narrowed down to 4 books, someone please pick a number between 1-4.

bev May 30, 2016 at 12:07 PM

Fabi May 30, 2016 at 12:49 PM

Maryse, The Butterfly Garden…eeek. Let me know if you decide to read it when it comes out so I can join you.

Cheryl May 30, 2016 at 12:52 PM

Wild Abandon it is. Thanks Bev!

Tracey May 30, 2016 at 1:40 PM

Thank you for putting the links up for Amazon UK ☺

Linda May 30, 2016 at 1:46 PM

Finished Wicked Heart by Leisa Ravens in the wee hours of the morning !!!! Yeah for long weekends!!!! Absolutely loved it!! Many many emotions throughout this read. Love this author’s writing!! I was all in!!! I believe she’s the same author of Bad Romero which I haven’t read yet? I’ve heard great reviews.

Cheryl May 30, 2016 at 2:15 PM

Oh geez, I’m like a dog with a squirrel. I’m jumping on Wicked Heart. I forgot about it, because it’ so pricey, but thanks to Linda I think that’s what I’m in the mood for. Just have to suck up the price! I read Bad Romeo/Broken Juliet when it was fanfiction and loved it. So I’m excited to read more by this author.

Maryse May 30, 2016 at 3:50 PM

My pleasure Tracey!!! I’ve been asked a few times in the last few weeks and it was time. :)

Maryse May 30, 2016 at 3:51 PM

Fabi! You’re on!!! :D

bev May 30, 2016 at 4:31 PM
Maryse May 30, 2016 at 7:06 PM

OMG that is ADORABLE!!!!! I’m in love with it.

And LOL for Sherlock.

bev May 30, 2016 at 7:43 PM

Quiet. Everybody must be out enjoying the holiday.

Maryse May 30, 2016 at 8:08 PM

I’m just finally settling in after cleaning up, and contemplating reading in bed early – yep 9pm in bed sounds GREAT to me!! LOL… and hanging out with you guys, while I’m there.

R. Renee May 30, 2016 at 8:10 PM

I’m bowling 9 pin, wishing I was at home reading. I should be on a raft with Bastian and Raine right now!

Fabi May 30, 2016 at 8:13 PM

hahaha R. I love that.

I’m about to settle down to a movie with my daughter.

bev May 30, 2016 at 8:17 PM

What movie, Fabi?

I love that 9 is an early bedtime for Maryse, lol.

Fabi May 30, 2016 at 8:18 PM

We are going to watch Snow White and the Gunsmith because…Chris Hemworth

Maryse May 30, 2016 at 8:25 PM

9pm is not early, usually? I’m always in bed by 11pm. Snoring in no time…

*snort*

bev May 30, 2016 at 8:36 PM

During the week and even, sometimes, the weekend I’m asleep by 930. Lol.

DG May 30, 2016 at 9:05 PM

A slightly belated happy Memorial day to those peeps stateside! I have been out of pocket somewhat….vacay and in between rereading Rock Chick series….just needed a little KA.

Maryse…I am in your state!!! BeAchside and blistered!

Some many good reads out there….not sure where to beginning….

Maryse May 30, 2016 at 9:52 PM

Ooooh blistered, DG. Poor you. I stay out of the sun as if I were a vampire. Maybe 15 minutes at a time, straight sun and I’m outta there! LOL!!!

Maryse May 30, 2016 at 9:53 PM

*Readies the blankie fort for bev’s sleepy-time*

Tasha J May 30, 2016 at 10:11 PM

I finally finished The Nightingale and I’m totally too embarrassed to say how long I’ve been milking that book, but it was such a great read, first time I literally cried in a year! Now I’m listening to Salt to the Sea but The Butterfly Garden is calling to me up there!!…hey Bev, I just caught a show that I’d never heard of that made me think of your Sherlock. Have you seen/ heard of Houdini and Doyle? It was on fox I think, I thought it was really good and different and I’m gonna try to catch more of the episodes. And I think I’ll check Sherlock out too if it’s still on Netflix. I’m better at Netflix than religiously trying to watch something weekly.

bev May 30, 2016 at 10:28 PM

I haven’t seen it. I usually watch shows after they air too.
I’ll look it up. Sherlock is awesome, lol.
I almost started Salt to the Sea, probably sometime this week, as it is a library book. Curious as to what you’ll think of it.

Tasha J May 30, 2016 at 10:29 PM

Oh and for an awesome book with a female serial killer playing with the detective she kidnapped, definitely try Heartsick (Archie Sheridan and Gretchen Lowell) by Chelsea Cain. I’ve read the first 2 and while I liked number 1, I really liked number 2 and have been told they just get better and better. A few of my family members have all read and loved this whole series and I love the way she writes, one of my favorites. Reminds me thats another series that I badly want to finish! And the Charley Davidson series, I only made it to 6 in that.

bev May 30, 2016 at 10:33 PM

Tasha, that’s the book that is listed. *shiver*
Another is So Much Pretty which looks good, but, no lie, these books scare me.

Tasha J May 30, 2016 at 10:46 PM

Ah sorry I had clicked on the link but only saw the pictured ones, totally missed it, whoops! Lol. I wasn’t scared reading them really, the beginning was a bit graphic but other than that you get more of a crime/thriller/mystery. I enjoyed following clues and getting into all the characters heads, but the real thrill for me is Archie and Getchens interactions together. It’s twisted and tantalizing and mysterious…But I’m telling you book two amps it up more

Renee Henson May 31, 2016 at 6:44 AM

I’m not usually a historical romance reader

Michelle May 31, 2016 at 7:04 AM

Good morning! Another beautiful day off for me :D Think I’m going to start The Three series by KA…yeah I haven’t read these *gasp* I see A LOT of freebies and sales so here’s some of them…

FREEBIES:
Sloth by Ella James
King by TM Frazier
Fixed on You by Laurelin Paige
Fool for Love by Marie Force
Filthy Beautiful Lies by Kendall Ryan
Night After Night by Lauren Blakely
The Way We Fall by Cassia Leo
Giving In to You by LM Carr
Harmony by Addison Jane
Only for Him by Cristin Harber
Conflicted by MM Koenig
Every Soul by LK Collins
Electrified by Rachel Blaufeld
Collision by KA Sterritt (might try it)
Blood & Rusy by Skyla Madi