Monday’s Early Bird Book Releases & a few of tomorrow’s preorders!

by Maryse on April 4, 2016 · 71 comments

<— It’S LIVE!!!!!!! Paper Princess: A Novel (The Royals Book 1) *squeeeee* I’m gonna read it right now!

What’s the Paper Princess, you ask? It’s a HUGE surprise for us, by Elle Kennedy <— eek YES!!! AND Jen Frederick <— eek YES!!!! and they wrote this one together under the pen name “Erin Watt” and I hear this one is a mix of “Cruel Intentions” and “Gossip Girl”. So you know it’s going to tick us off, bad!! YAY US!!

And then tomorrow is going to be INSANE release-day wise. I just posted a few below, but it will be a HUGE list and tons of our old favorites are on there – lots of great paranormal.

Between the latest Sylvia Day Crossfire book (One with You (Crossfire), and J.R. Ward’s BDB book (The Beast: Rhage!!) I will be a squirreling mess. I’m thinking I’m in for Rhage, though… I’m totally in the mood for that. :D

1. Dark Notes by Pam Godwin <— LIVE!!! Oooooooooh STUDENT-TEACHER and she’s in her last year of high school. eek Yikes!!! Thank you Robyn!! Another fantastic sounding early-bird that makes this Monday feel like a new-release Tuesday!

Robyn: Dark Notes by Pam Godwin just went LIVE!! Been waiting for this hot student/teacher romance!

Ela: OMG I forgot about Dark Notes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS MONTH IS CRAZY GOOD WITH RELEASES!

1. Paper Princess: A Novel (The Royals Book 1) by Erin Watt <— ELLE KENNEDY & JEN FREDERICK ALERT!
  2. Losing You (Stars On Fire Book 4) by Ryleigh Andrews
  3. Thrown Down (Made in Jersey) by Tessa Bailey <— SINGLE MOM & HER BAD-BOY EX COMES BACK INTO TOWN ALERT!Overachiever River Purcell was never supposed to be a struggling single mom, working double shifts just to make ends meet. Nor was she supposed to be abandoned by her high school sweetheart, breaking her heart into a thousand jagged pieces. Now Vaughn De Matteo is back in town, his sights set on her…
  4. Saving Maverick by Debra Elise <— BASEBALL STAR ALERT! He’s on a downward spiral and they hire someone to help him recover his image… “Kelsey breaks her main client rule–no male athletes–to help her friend and gain a coveted position with the ball club. ..”
  5. Reveal: A Wild Nights Novel by K.M. Golland <— SHE LIKES TO MANIPULATE MEN & HE’S A MALE STRIPPER ALERT! “Em is a part-time sexter and makes a living fooling men into believing whatever it is she wants them to believe. And she’s not ashamed about it. Not in the slightest. Yet, those around her could be, which is why she has kept her secret … until now. Until a sun-tanned, male revue performer by the name of Brad surfed into her life…”
  6. Burning Muses by J. R. Rogue <— INTRIGUING BLURB AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT MEANS!! “I’ve burned muses. I laughed at those tales.  Then I met him…”
  7. STRIPPED 2 (A Ferro Family Novel) by H.M. Ward <— SHE RIPPED HIS HEART OUT & THEN at a party… “ So when I see her at a bachelor party, half naked, rolling around on the floor with another stripper, I’m shocked.” <— OMG!!! Yeah I can imagine how that’s going to go…
  8. Tender Is The Night (Callaways Book 10)by Barbara Freethy
  9. Prince of the Playhouse (Love in Laguna Book 3) by Tara Lain <— M/M ROMANCE
  10. Vexed (Iron Bulls MC #4) by Phoenyx Slaughter <— BIKER PREZ & SHE JUST TURNED 18… “She’s half his age. He doesn’t fit in her world. She’s leaving for Los Angeles to start a new life in a few days. Their connection was vexed from the start.”
  11. The Three-Week Arrangement (Chase Brothers) by Sarah Ballance <— FAKE RELATIONSHIP ALERT! “All he has to do is survive three weeks in her orbit and he’ll be single again, only without the pitying looks and pressure to move on.”
  12. Burnout: A Legal Heat Novella by Sarah Castille <— SHE’S A COP & HE’S A BIKER IN AN MC ALERT! “Rookie cop, Sophie Nichols, knows the dangers of a one-night stand with a sexy stranger. Unable to resist the pull of cocky, badass biker, Ace Logan, she indulges in one steamy night of raw, unbridled passion…”
  13. Truly, Madly, Sweetly by Kira Archer <— SHE OWNS A FOOD TRUCK & HE INHERITED A BAKERY “An inherited parking spot. That’s all it took to make Natalie Moran’s food truck dreams come true. But her dream space is attached to a bakery inherited by someone else—drop dead gorgeous Eric Schneider…”
  14. Waylaid (Kindle Single) by Kim Harrison <— KIM HARRISON ALERT!! “Worlds collide when Rachel Morgan of The Hollows meets Peri Reed of The Drafter…”
  15. Knockout Love by Susan V. Vaughn <— HE’S A PRO-WRESTLER & SHE BECOMES HIS NURSE ALERT! A nurse engaged to a doctor… and then an injured professional wrestler becomes her patient…

PRE-ORDERS (just a few of tomorrow’s highlights!!!!)

1. The Beast: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward - April 5th 2016
  2. One with You (Crossfire) by Sylvia Day - April 5th 2016
  3. Forest of Ruin (Age of Legends Trilogy) by Kelley Armstrong - April 5th 2016
  4. The Matchmaker’s Playbook (Wingmen Inc. 1) by Rachel Van Dyken - April 5th 2016
  5. White Tiger (A Shifter’s Unbound Novel) by Jennifer Ashley - April 5th 2016
  6. Shadow Rites: A Jane Yellowrock Novel by Faith Hunter - April 5th 2016
  7. The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead - April 5th 2016
  8. Brave Enough: A Tall, Dark, and Dangerous (“Tall, Dark, and Dangerous”) by M. Leighton - April 5th 2016

Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

Jan April 4, 2016 at 11:40 AM

Paper Prince is live!

Ela April 4, 2016 at 11:56 AM

*chanting* come on come on come on tomorrow or release early!!!!!!! THE BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG AND SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY MORE!

DG April 4, 2016 at 12:22 PM

Paper Prince and One with You…pretty please! Feels like Christmas Eve around here…waiting for the Santa Book Claus to deliver the goods!!!!

Maryse April 4, 2016 at 12:28 PM

*squeeeee* YAY!!!!!

Maryse April 4, 2016 at 12:28 PM

I just updated the post with the proper Kindle version *happy dance* :D

Cheryl April 4, 2016 at 12:33 PM

Was going to read Paper Princess until I saw it ends in a CH and book 2 not out until July and 3rd book in October. :( (

Ela April 4, 2016 at 12:46 PM

Melissa April 4, 2016 at 12:55 PM

I am all about the Beast!!!! Cannot wait!!!!

Maryse April 4, 2016 at 2:04 PM

I’m kind of excited for the cliffy. I hope it hurts!!!

Ela April 4, 2016 at 2:11 PM

SMH at Maryse! Why would you do that to yourself, boggles the mind, I say!

Robyn April 4, 2016 at 2:19 PM

Ela April 4, 2016 at 2:35 PM

bev April 4, 2016 at 2:41 PM

I’m with Maryse, I want to read it. CH and all.

Maryse April 4, 2016 at 3:10 PM

I like book pain Ela. I mean REALLY HARD. LOL!!!!

Maryse April 4, 2016 at 3:10 PM

Books are wayyyyyy too easy on me these days. ;)

Maryse April 4, 2016 at 3:11 PM

OMG Robyn Thank you!!!!! :D

marina April 4, 2016 at 3:30 PM

YAY Paper Princess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clicked and commencement in 3, 2, 1… I have a feeling there may be a CH with each of the books.

Tessa April 4, 2016 at 3:36 PM

Oooh paper princess looks so good. I can’t wait to get it.

Tomorrow, BB Reid releases Fearless. *squee*

Oh, finally finished Mark of Athena. *grins* Action and fun. I really needed that, though, of course now I need the next book.

Theresa April 4, 2016 at 4:05 PM

Never Tear Us Apart, Monica Murphy is .99.

MichelleS April 4, 2016 at 4:49 PM

Rhage! Rhage! Rhage! Rhage!
Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine!
He’s a BEAST & I love every inch of Hollywood!!! Best of the BDB. And I adore Mary. Tough little cookie. You know where to find me tomorrow. Up to my eyeballs in hot vampires & their Shellans. Please nobody die!!! OMG. I’m scared!!!!

Theresa April 4, 2016 at 4:53 PM

Marsye, Harper Sloan just announced her release for 4/26 no preorder yet . When I’m With You. Hope Town series. Spinoff of Corps Security which is bundled tor .99. Good series

Cristina April 4, 2016 at 5:27 PM

Maryse I LOVE book pain too!!! I want it to chew me up, spit me out, and then put me back together!! FINALLY Paper Princess, Kindle version, is live!! Yes!!! I’m on it tonight!! I’m just worried about a cliffhanger, but I really need the feels right now!!!

bev April 4, 2016 at 5:45 PM

Books are too easy. Hmm.

(You know I have to say it, right?)

Watch a hard show instead.

Cristina April 4, 2016 at 6:18 PM

Love it Bev! I absolutely love the angsty books and crazy dark reads, but I still can’t bring myself to watch the Walking Dead! Eek! Yes ladies.. *hanging head waving the white flag*

Maryse April 4, 2016 at 6:25 PM

LOL!!!!!!! Bev you crack me up. And I shall crack your peanuts. :)

Cheryl April 4, 2016 at 7:39 PM

Maryse, I like book pain, but I am sooo impatient. I do not like to wait months to read the next book, and by then I have forgotten what has happened and need to re-read it.

That’s exactly what I’m doing in preparation of One With You; I’m re-reading Captivated by You. I’m still pissed that there even is a book 5, because going into book 4 I thought that was the end of the Crossfire series AND it took 4 years to finish this series!! *jumps down off soapbox*

Lisa April 4, 2016 at 7:46 PM

The Beast!!! But $14 for kindle….yikes. I’m in tbe habit of spending no more than $4. My credit card has scurried off to hide in a corner in protest.

Anne April 4, 2016 at 7:58 PM

Dark Notes! Squeee! Starting tonight! Anyone else reading it too?

Grey April 4, 2016 at 7:59 PM

OMG… wtf?!?! Why why why am I still on this dang island! Maryse, help me!!! I want to be with the rest of you.. *wahhhhh*

Maryse April 4, 2016 at 8:24 PM

*writes note for Island gods to let Grey escape for a day or two before she’s stranded again*

Dear island gods…

bev April 4, 2016 at 9:01 PM

Maryse, is supposed to be in London. Baker Street to be exact. 221B.
Go ahead knock.

I’ll stop now.

Theresa April 4, 2016 at 9:18 PM

Marsye, preorder is up for River Savage new series Men of Swat first book is Hetch release is 5/11

Rebecca April 4, 2016 at 9:25 PM

I wished I hadn’t seen that comment about the CH, because that ruins it for me. I love the surprise, the angst!! I clearly see on Goodreads it’s book 1 of 3, so the chance of a CH is high and I might want to wait… Or not;) but… Spoilers!!

Maryse April 4, 2016 at 9:29 PM

Well… think of it this way… it could be a cliffhanger about pretty much anything. Another member in the family? I hear there are five brothers. Maybe each book is about one of them?

Sometimes a story ends well and/or is complete (or not) but then an extra part continues (and switches up into a CH) to intro us (and tease us) into book #2…

Maybe that helps. ;)

Maryse April 4, 2016 at 9:31 PM

I find that has happened with the Black Dagger Brotherhood books. Even though one of the brothers’ books is complete and ends well (or not ;) )… there’s still a major *gasp* cliffhanger for another brother at the end… which would lead us into his book.

I loved when that would happen! :D

Spoiler-wise, what drives me crazy is when I find out beforehand that a book ends in an HEA… cliffhanger or not, don’t tell me it ends in an HEA.

I’ve seen some authors include a note right in the blurb saying each book ends on a cliffhanger but the couple will get their HEA at the end of the series. And then I’m all… “GAH!!!! Then what’s the point of the cliffhangers?!!” LOL!!!! :P

bev April 4, 2016 at 9:39 PM

That’s interesting. I had never thought of a CH warning as a spoiler. I guess because they can be over anything. But then I do not mind spoilers.
Many on here hate when the book ends in a CH and they didn’t know. They will pull out the soap box and rant. Lol.

bev April 4, 2016 at 9:41 PM

I wish more on here liked spoilers. Just a “Hey, heads up. Some one dies. ”
*wistful sigh*

Lisa April 4, 2016 at 10:44 PM

Bev…lol. that’s me with tbe soapbox under my arm and the Rant right on the tip of my tongue. Hate those CHs so keep the warnings coming for me.

Plus everything on here is kinda a *spoiler*. For example if Amy is raving about a book I know its going to rip my heart out and mess with my head. And if Maryse loves a book I know its going to be ANGSTY and make me cry. I could go on…

Telling me there’s a CH, HEA or HFN does ruin anything if its a great book. Hell, I re-read faves all the time.

Lisa April 4, 2016 at 10:45 PM

Doh…** doesn’t ruin anything.

DG April 4, 2016 at 10:51 PM

*moves away from the one-clicker on Paper Princess*. Cliffhangers kill me! Hence why I have Captivated by You has sat unopened on my kindle since it as released UNREAD! Not saying it had a CH just that I want to have the whole series to read in one go…..not going to start CBY until I have one-clicked One with You and it has successfully downloaded. *concerned the Gideon gremlin will steal the book away or push back the release date at the last minute*

DG April 4, 2016 at 10:54 PM

Geez…you would think my eyes were still dilated from earlier…..

Fabi April 4, 2016 at 11:01 PM

DG I have one on my Kindle like that too. I put it in a “waiting for sequel” category. That’s different than my “unfinished series” category which holds the ones like BDB which are stand alones inside a series.

I NEED to know if there’s a CH. It doesn’t mean I won’t read the book. It doesn’t even mean I won’t buy it on release day. But it does mean I’ll hold off on reading it until I have the full story. — Don’t make me brush off my soapbox. ;-)

Robyn April 4, 2016 at 11:37 PM

One Second by Dannika Dark just went live! That’s what I’m reading after Dark Notes.

Danielle C April 5, 2016 at 1:30 AM

Just started The Beast and I’m thinking I might have a book hangover tomorrow.

Grey April 5, 2016 at 3:39 AM

I will read CHs if they are really good…and I feel I can trust the author to come back. I mean this 4 year break is a bit much… Just saying. *shrug*

I’m enjoying unseen messages but it is sooo long! That’s my only gripe right now. I may hit the pause button for the new bdb book. Because uh hello the brothers?!?!

DG April 5, 2016 at 5:10 AM

OMG…it is EXACTLY here. Thinking now, I need to start at book 1 to truly get back into the storyline…..happy Tuesday release day my friends!

DG April 5, 2016 at 5:16 AM

Grey, agreed! 4 years is ridiculous….just saying.

Ela, Fabi. and Cheryl…right there with you on the CH. My patience is non existent when it comes to CHs.

Maryse, you win the MP award! (Most Patience) *hands Maryse hot pink sparkly book marker trophy*

Maryse April 5, 2016 at 7:31 AM

pink and sparkly!!! DG you know me so well! :P

Cristina April 5, 2016 at 8:13 AM

I finished Paper Princess! Very reminiscent of Fallen Crest, which means of course I loved it! Warning: The CH is a doozie!! The next book is a continuation of the story. One thing about these types of series is that usually the second book is twice as good as the first! I won’t give any details as to not spoil anything for anyone. I almost didn’t want to include the CH detail, but for those of you out there who are worried I wanted to forewarn you. It is a pretty awesome story though! Even though I hate CH’s, I’m really glad I read this one, it’s just what I needed right now. It makes me want to re-read Fallen Crest! However, July seems like forever away. What other series are similar to these? ;-)

Ela April 5, 2016 at 8:35 AM

I need to know if there is a CH because mostly I hate them if the sequel is not out and mostly because I like to read the series as a whole since I KNOW I will forget the first book if I read before the sequel comes out, also the feels dissipate! *wheeeeeeeeeew* that’s a long sentence!

Any how! I’m reading and loving Easy Virtue and of course I’m reading it now because the sequel is out!!!!

Cristina April 5, 2016 at 8:53 AM

Ela, I completely understand where you’re coming from! Normally, I don’t read a series until it’s out. Like you, the adrenaline rush is long gone before the next one is out and the story just doesn’t carry the same feels. It’s impossible (for me) to replicate those first-time feels. I think that’s what made Stanton so good for me. I would have never survived a CH and I never would’ve loved the story like I did. :-)

I may check out Easy Virtue myself. I was reading The Vendetta and stopped to pick up Paper Princess. I’m kind of in a “blah” book mood, so I’m not sure what’s going to do it for me. :-(

Cristina April 5, 2016 at 9:03 AM

I want to buy the new BD book because I LOVED Rhage, but it’s $13.99. However, it’s over 500 pages which is a positive in my book. I may check out the new Rachel Van Dyken first since it’s free on KU. Hmmmmm… not to mention there are some goodies on my TBR list. Do I want to fall in love all over again, or re-visit an old book boyfriend? Decisions, decisions

Ela April 5, 2016 at 9:22 AM

Some of those prices are just cray cray! I’m going to wait for a bit to read Rhage unless I won’t be able to take it? Yesterday and today are crazy good release days! And of course I will read One With You for the closure but again I’m not in a hurry since I kind of forgot what happened in #4…

Cristina April 5, 2016 at 9:29 AM

Crossfire was one of the first romance series I fell in love with (after 50 Shades of course!). That was my first lesson in waiting until a series is complete before reading it. I started the series when books 1-3 were out. I was so heartbroken when I found out the series was incomplete. I never picked up book #4 because I didn’t want to be left hanging, yet again. Not to mention how long it takes her to release these. I started to re-read the series a while back in anticipation of book #5, but I didn’t want to take away precious time I could be spending with new books. Plus it just wasn’t the same. I’ll eventually buy it, but at $9.99 it’ll have to wait.

Cristina April 5, 2016 at 9:35 AM

Ela, I heard book #4 was kind of a filler anyways? I really loved Gideon and Eva and I’m kind of not ready to see it end, just yet. It’s like, I do but I don’t. The heart can be so fickle. Lol. They will always be special to me because they helped open up my world to contemporary romance.

Ela April 5, 2016 at 9:51 AM

OH YES CRISTINA! IT WAS SUCH AN UNNECESSARY BOOK IMO THAT I ALMOST CRIED WHEN I READ IT… I loved that series too but for the love of life I couldn’t understand a 5-book series???? Why stretch it??? It just didn’t seem to make sense! If at least there were some more plot lines then I’d get it but there really weren’t IMO…I’m not giving away spoilers just my thoughts and feelings because trust me there are readers that LOVED book 4!

Anyway, when I read Twilight I CRAVED MORE, that’s the series that opened my love of reading brain triggers… So of course when I went into more adult PNR I was like a kid in a candy store when I started with IAD by Kresley Cole!

Cheryl April 5, 2016 at 10:29 AM

Didn’t think of Ch as a spoiler, sorry. But I hate them and just want to be warned a head of time so I can make the decision whether to read the book now or wait until the series is complete.

Ela, I just recently read EV and SV because I was waiting for it to be complete too. Overall I loved it, just a few things in SV bugged me.

Kandace M April 5, 2016 at 10:38 AM

I love binge reading a series straight through. I love that feeling of getting completely lost in their world. I remember when I read the Fever series back to back. I was completely lost in the fae world.

Tessa April 5, 2016 at 10:44 AM

Am I the only one here wasn’t influenced by Twilight or Fifty Shades? :-\

I’m happy with how Crossfire series ended when it was a trilogy. I’m not really wanting to read four or five, especially after the comments about book four.

Fabi, I’m reading two books, but one is Born of Fury. It is not going the way I expected. So yeah! I should have known Kenyon wouldn’t be overly predictable with plot. The teens are making me laugh. Eye-rolls and tying them up. Lol.

“How long has he been tied up?”

He shrugged nonchalantly. “How long has it been quiet?”

Fabi April 5, 2016 at 10:59 AM

lol Tessa. With all the PC around nowadays, I personally love it when a book unapologetically just goes there. Wherever there is. With kids, women, dumba$$es, whatever. :-) Yes, I’m old. I freely admit it.

Kandace, I read the Fever series back to back too. That was so unexpectedly awesome.

Fabi April 5, 2016 at 11:01 AM

oh, and, ummm, Tessa, I just read Fifty Shades a year or two ago. I avoided it for the longest time! Actually, I avoided it until I came to Maryse’s site.

Sarah April 5, 2016 at 11:10 AM

Just had to throw my two cents in regarding a CH.. At first, I hated them and would only read a series if it was complete. And while I had an awesome couple days binge reading a series, when it was over, it was over. So now, while a CH usually hurts at first and I want the next book like now, after a couple days, I get over it and get excited about the next release.. Gives me something to look forward to!

Tessa April 5, 2016 at 11:38 AM

Rofl. I only read it to say I’ve read it. I’m still grateful the books came out. It really helped inspire a lot of authors I adore.

Maryse April 5, 2016 at 11:46 AM

LOL Lisa!

Amy ‘n I (and a few of us) don’t have good poker faces, do we? Tee hee! We have “tells”. I have to be so careful now!! hahahah

Maryse April 5, 2016 at 11:47 AM

What about that one that everyone loves so much… where they have tea. All the time. It’s a HUGE series. Maybe I should watch that one?

Tessa April 5, 2016 at 11:58 AM

Downtown Abbey? I don’t watch it, but every commercial or reference seems to happen at tea time.

Maryse April 5, 2016 at 12:00 PM

YES that one!!!! I’m told at first you feel funny watching it but then you get so hooked you wanna hook EVERYONE to it…

I like the sound of that even though I don’t think it appeals to me at all. I’d end up being one of those that touts my big love for it. LOL!

Cristina April 5, 2016 at 12:53 PM

I did love Twilight and read the books after I watched the first movie. I was so depressed when I finished reading the series that I didn’t pick up another book for almost four years. *hangs head in shame* Keep in mind, I wasn’t an avid reader growing up at all. Despised it really. *quickly ducks under blankie and waves the white flag* I guess I never found anything that ignited my love for reading.

Four years ago, I made a promise that once I finished my degree I would try my hand at reading again. At the time, my knowledge of books was predominantly mainstream, hence Fifty Shades. There was so much hype behind it that I had to check it out for myself. It rocked my world then. Now, have I read better books since then? Hell yes! Thanks to Maryse’s blog, including you guys, my book world has gone global! Now I don’t know what I’d do without it! I credit Fifty Shades for opening up that door for me. I even have an emergency Kindle fund should my current one quit working. Lol… I have an appreciation for paperback, but digital is better for my monthly budget. ;-)

Ela April 5, 2016 at 2:38 PM

*WAVES TO CRISTINA* ABSOLUTELY HATED READING GROWING UP! NOW at my later age (I am soooooooooo 21) *coughs* I am addicted to reading and talking books and this blog…

marina April 5, 2016 at 4:46 PM

Paper Princess…. wow. Could not put it down and focus on anything else. Cristina, I agree it did remind me of Fallen Crest High. I only read the first but definitely. Also of Corrupt in a way. Without the raw and creepy factor. Maybe it’s the brothers or posse thing. I think I need a discussion link! Maryse, can’t wait to hear what you thought! I truly dislike cliffhangers and avoid books with them, but for me it was worth the read.

Lisa April 5, 2016 at 5:55 PM

Kandace M Im with you. I love discovering a new-to-me complete series and losing myself. I did that with with BDB, one after the other until Lover at Last when Id caught up.
ATM Im binge reading bikers….Lauren Gilley and Susan Fanetti….so good.