Highly recommended by many fellow readers. It starts off with more of a YA feel (I read “Breathe” and enjoyed it’s young adult sweetness), but it appears the series takes a more “new adult” turn as it progresses (which I think I will connect to, even more). So many recommendations, and here are a few of the latest:
Tiffany: While it Lasts by Abbi Glines was soooooo GOOD!!! It was sweet and HOT for a YA read!! Im talking HOT!!! Im gonna read Because of Low now!! Should have read it first but YA books are not a first Pick for me, but if it is anywhere near as good as While it Lasts, I will be a Happy Camper!!!
Amanda: It’s not really YA. I think it’s more New Adult but Abbi said on her facebook she considers it Adult for language reasons and steamy steamy scenes =] great great read!
Kristin: Yes…actually, Breathe is the first, then Because of Low then While it Lasts. They get progressively steamier! All 3 books relate…characters from Breathe are in Because of Low..one becomes the main character…same with While it Lasts…Cage is in Low, but becomes the main character. Breathe was good but very young adult. Because of Low gives you insight into Cage…and it really is a good book…but While it Lasts definitely is the steamiest of the bunch…
About book #1:
Sadie White’s summer job isn’t going to be on the beach life-guarding or working at rental booths like most kids her age. With her single mother’s increasing pregnancy and refusal to work, Sadie has to take over her mother’s job as a domestic servant for one of the wealthy summer families on a nearby island.
When the family arrives at their summer getaway, Sadie is surprised to learn that the owner of the house is Jax Stone, one of the hottest teen rockers in the world. If Sadie hadn’t spent her life raising her mother and taking care of the house she might have been normal enough to be excited about working for a rock star…
- Because of Low <—- I received a ton of recommendations for this when it was released.
- While it Lasts <—- so far this seems to be everyone’s favorite. Lot’s of *squeeing* over this bad boy.
- Just For Now <—- authors says: “This will be Preston Drake’s story…. is not YA. It is New Adult/Adult contemporary romance.
- Sometimes It Lasts - expected release date August 26th 2013 <— (author says: “… became rather popular with WHILE IT LASTS so I am focusing on getting their story out.”)
- A Little Misbehavin’ (w.t.) - Jason’ Stone’s story <— expected release date December 18th 2013
- Krit’s book <— expected release date and title TBA