I TOTALLY get a kick out of the premise of this series. Each short book is written by a different author, all featuring a new heroine (and potential couple) with that awesome “new adult” feel, but these love stories take place in the 80′s!!!
From the clever music (book) titles, to the fun “mixed tape” covers, to blurbs I can already relate to, this series sounds like it’s for me! A child of the 80′s or not, I think we can all enjoy these “standalones”, for those looking for a quick afternoon read (or maybe one just a quickie before bedtime).
About book #1:
My name is Tina. I’m a freshman at USC, a good student and friend…
And I’m a victim.
Hot guys make my brain turn to mush. So, the fact that I was arrested then survived a massive earthquake only to be shackled to the fox next to me can all be overlooked, right?
Okay, so I was arrested before I met Luke. A tremor that caused a blackout at the LAPD precinct where we were being held. Although technically, I wasn’t shackled to him, I was handcuffed, but still. Any and all lapses in my usual—totally sane, I might add—judgments, are his fault. Totally.
I wouldn’t typically do the things I did. I’m no outlaw. I’m a college student.
- 1980: You Shook Me All Night Long (Love in the 80s: A New Adult Mix) by Casey L. Bond
- 1981: Jessie’s Girl (Love in the 80s: A New Adult Mix Book 2) by Lindy Zart
- 1982: Maneater (Love in the 80s: A New Adult Mix Book 3) by Cambria Hebert
- 1983: Cruel Summer (Love in the 80s: A New Adult Mix Book 4) by Amber Lynn Natusch
- 1984: Against All Odds (Love in the 80s Book 5) by Rebecca Yarros
- 1985: Careless Whisper (Love in the 80s Book 6) by Misty Provencher
- Why Can’t This Be Love R.K. Ryals – expected release date July 29th 2016