You guys!!! Pure Abandon‘s blurb had my attention BIG time upon it’s release a week ago, and one of our fellow readers jumped in, and loved it! It’s of the forbidden-love, angsty tumultuous love triangle nature… you get the picture. 😉 And it’s next on my TBR list. I just gotta experience this one!
Cheryl: Just started Pure Abandon. Has an Arsen feel to it.
Els: OMG Cheryl…..Arsen feel????? One-clicked Pure Abandon! Thanks!
Cheryl: Just finished Pure Abandon. LOVED it!!! Well-written, angsty, love-triangle. It reminded me of Arsen, maybe not in the level of angst, but a h who is married, thought she knew what she wanted in order to be happy, but she ends up questioning her life, her husband, her choices. I knew all along who I thought she should end up with, but I still felt maybe she should choose the other MC. *my heart hurt for him* That said, I think it ended how it should. That epilogue *sigh* …heart palpitations wondering who she would choose…and that ending *tear running down my face*
Heart palpitations and tears running down her face, she says?? I’m so excited (and scared)! These always do a number on me.
And now the author has sent us her own “Behind the Books” peek of her latest novel. Her inspiration, what made her nervous, how she felt, who she “sees”… all sorts of personal goodies about this book! She asks… what would you do?
Five Fun Facts By Jeannine Colette
1. The idea for Pure Abandon came after reading Fifty Shades of Grey. Like most Contemporary Romance readers, I went on a reading binge! I fell in-love with more book boyfriends than I care to admit and wondered what I would do if one of them walked into my life. I wasn’t a twenty-two year old, converse sneaker wearing virgin as depicted in many of the novels. I was twenty-nine, married and had a new baby. If Kellen Kyle (Thoughtless), Brayden Carmichael (On Dublin Street) or, heaven forbid, Christian Grey asked me to run away with him…what would I do? What would you do?
2. The subject matter is taboo and uncomfortable to write. Stepping into Gabriel’s shoes was intense and where I shed the most tears.
3. The inspiration for Alexander Asher came from a specific photo of William Levy. Then he morphed into a bit of Charlie Hunnam and now, when I envision him, all I see is Sam Hueghan. (I consider this the trifecta of hotness!!!)
4. I am a native New Yorker – born and raised. The city is a character in and of itself in the novel and you can visit each location when you come to town.
5. Every character was designated a color chart for mood and consistency. Kathryn is White/Green. Asher is Black/Gold and Gabriel is Blue. See if you can see how color plays a role in the novel!
I love hearing from readers who they would have chosen!!! Are you #TeamAsher or #TeamGabriel??? (Don’t tell anyone but I’m secretly in-love with Alexander Asher ; )
PLAYLIST can be found here -→ https://jeanninecolette.com/the-playlist/
PLUS!!! Guess what else? The author has just announced, for the first time, when the next book in the series will be released (and it’s a standalone)!! She says:
“Reckless Abandon, a standalone novel in the series, will be released October 2015
SPOILER: This novel will be told from a female POV. “
Now for the signed book giveaway!!
How to enter for a chance to win? Just leave a comment below and by 10pm EST, Sunday July 26th 2015, I will randomly select three winners to each receive a signed copy of this book!
The winners will be contacted and will have 48hrs to respond with a mailing address, so if you are picked, do not delay or you will lose your chance. This book will be sent to the winners directly by the author.
Giveaway open to US only (but all are welcome to comment)!
About Jeannine Colette
Jeannine Colette is a television producer, writer, mother, and philanthropist.
A graduate of Wagner College and the New York Film Academy, Jeannine went on to become a Segment Producer for television shows on CBS and NBC. She currently freelances in the television industry while attending to her children and pursuing her writing career. She lives in New York with her husband, the two tiny people she adores more than life itself, and a rescue pup named Wrigley.
Jeannine and her family are active supporters of The March of Dimes and the Hearing Health Foundation.
Connect with Jeannine on social media:
- FaceBook @JeannineColette
- Twitter @JeannineColett
- Instagram @JeannineColette
Thank you for a chance to win. This book sounds amazing. Can’t wait to read it.
Would absolutely love to win a copy of the book…never hurts to add to the collection of book boyfriends that I already have…need to switch them out every now and again to keep things fresh!
The books sounds great! Thanks for a chance to win!
I just started a ‘shelf of honor’ on my bookshelf that is reserved for all autographed books so I have the perfect spot should I win. Thank you so much for this amazing opportunity!
Thanks for the chance to win
This sounds quite intriguing….
Thanks a ton for the giveaway. ^_^; Those are always fun!
Loved Pure Abandon, cant wait to read the next book !!!!
Think my comment above says it all!! Can’t wait to read the next book! 🙂
Best Giveaway ever !
#TeamAsher always and forever.
Alex just has a special place in my heart. Can’t wait for the next book.
P.S. I totally need this on my bookshelf, so I can snuggle with Asher. Because right now, I am hugging my Kindle.
Looks good. Thanks for the chance to win.
I would *love* a chance to win this book, I totally went with the Peanut Gallery suggestion of Arsen last week…and they have told me that this book ranks right up there! Thank you for the chance and the opportunity Maryse and best wishes to Mrs Collette, the March of Dimes is near and dear to my heart as well!
I would love to get a signed copy of this book! It was a great read.
Sounds awesome. Thanks for the chance.
Loved this book! Alex is my new BBF!!! Can’t wait for the next book! Would love a signed copy.
Thanks so much for the chance Maryse!
Sounds interesting. Thanks for the chance!
Love to win a copy of your book…sounds intriguing. .
Read it! Loved It!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I would love a signed copy of this book! I just finished and Loved it!! Cant wait for the next book!!
Ooh, I love, love triangles and angst! Thank you!
Hoping that the winners are enjoying this one, I still cannot wait to read it!
Who Won? Can’t find a listing!