Well… how about a blurb/cover/5 Fun Facts reveal from one of our favorite authors (regarding one of our favvvvvorite series – The Driven Trilogy) hrmmmm? Who’s looking forward to the release of Sweet Ache: A Driven Novel by K. Bromberg?
Want a little more info about it? Just look at what the author sent over!
5 Fun Facts about SWEET ACHE by K. Bromberg
1. The title was a collaboration between myself and another author. I had the first title, SLOW BURN, and I knew I wanted SWEET but couldn’t figure out what the second word in the title should be. I was chatting with my author-friend, M. Pierce, and I said tell me the first word that comes to mind when I say “Slow Burn and Sweet ______.” M. immediately said “Ache.”
The word fit perfectly not only because I love the contrast of the words, but also because I have a scene in FUELED (Book #2 of the Driven Trilogy) where Rylee has an inner monologue where she talks about all of the many meanings of the word ACHE … and I thought it was fitting for that moment to correlate to this book.
2. SWEET ACHE will be the shortest amount of time I’ve ever written a book. I have ninety days – September 15th-December 15th – to write it, and I’m definitely feeling the pressure.
3. SWEET ACHE is a standalone novel, but I have put a few nostalgic references of the Driven trilogy in it for the readers that have followed the series. One of these references is the name of Hawkin’s band, Bent.
4. I waited to give physical characteristics to Quin and Hawkin until after the graphic design team at Penguin NAL designed the cover of SWEET ACHE. I waited so that I wouldn’t have to worry about the models matching the characters’ descriptions like I did for SLOW BURN.
5. SWEET ACHE is the first book that I’ve written where I had a muse in mind for what a character looks like. (I was relieved when the cover came back with the correct hair color). I’ll tell everyone who I think Hawkin looks like as we get closer to the release.
SWEET ACHE COVER BLURB
The New York Times bestselling author of Slow Burn turns up the heat when a sexy bet turns into so much more…
Hawkin Play, the bad boy rock star with a good guy heart, has lived a lifetime of cleaning up after his twin brother’s mistakes. Hunter’s most recent screw-up could land Hawke in jail and risk the band’s future. Hawke agrees to guest lecture at a local college to stay in the judge’s good graces—and a bet with his bandmate to seduce his sexy teaching assistant is icing on the cake.
Quinlan Westin is harder to bed than Hawke imagined. She knows his type and is determined to avoid the rocker at all costs—even if their attraction runs deeper than simple lust.
Just as Hawke might finally be winning over the girl, his brother has other plans. When Hunter realizes his twin finally has a weakness, he’ll stop at nothing to take advantage….
Expected release date is June 2nd 2015!