<— SCI-FI, DYSTOPIAN, TIME TRAVEL ROMANCE ALERT!! A Paradox of Fates (Prevent the Past Book 1) is LIVE (and on KU!!) and the author is celebrating her new release by sponsoring today’s newsletter, and sending over a fun facts about her new series!! The author says:
This novel is brought to you by a self-proclaimed science dork and lover of romance, fantasy and sci-fi. The reader can expect time travel shenanigans, smokin’ hot chemistry between main characters in their late 30’s and 40’s and twists along the way. Enjoy the journey!
So what’s it about?
One woman bred to save the world…
Dr. Elaine “Lainey” Randolph was born with one sole purpose: to prevent the past. With her brilliant mind and unwavering spirit, she works tirelessly to solve the equations that will finally unlock the mystery of time travel. Then, she will leave the post-apocalyptic future her grandfather created and travel back in time to prevent his calamitous actions.
When handsome military captain Hunter Rhodes appears at Lainey’s remote scientific hub, he offers her protection. But there are strings attached to the mysterious soldier’s proffer, and Lainey finds herself wary of the man who stokes unwelcome longing and desire in her unemotional heart. For Lainey is a scientist, obdurate and dispassionate toward the notion of romantic love.
As Lainey’s band of ragtag scientists and loyal soldiers endeavor to escape the dystopian future, the evil New Establishment threatens to destroy them all. In their unpredictable timeline, the nefarious regime has become all-powerful and will stop at nothing to ensure complete world domination…
1. The author (me!) is a huge, self-proclaimed science dork. I went to Space Camp when I was fourteen and had my first kiss there! Therefore, science has always held a bit of a romantic notion for me and I knew that one day I’d write a book with a theoretical physicist female protagonist. Because geeky scientists deserve love too!
2. There are a lot of pop culture time travel references sprinkled throughout the book. Readers will notice a few references to the Back to the Future movies, because I think they told a time travel story that was fun and easy to understand.
3. If you love Outlander and all things time travel romance, you might enjoy this book! I like to call it “Outlander but Geekier”.
4. Our protagonist, Dr. Elaine “Lainey” Randolph, doesn’t understand romantic love since she’s a dispassionate scientist. Her love interest, sexy Captain Hunter Rhodes has a great capacity for love and pushes Lainey out of her comfort zone. The result is a slow burn chemistry filled with lust, a bit of awkwardness and steamy banter. If you like a slow burn and protagonists who fight their sizzling attraction, this one’s for you!
5. Lainey and Hunter are older protagonists. She’s thirty-eight and he’s forty-three. As a forty-two year old romance author, I wanted to read about people my own age falling in love. Hopefully that will connect with some readers!
NOW FOR THE GIVEAWAY:
…I’m happy to giveaway an eBook version and a $25 Amazon.com gift card!
How to enter for a chance to win it? Just leave a comment below (and better yet, if you have one, tell me your favorite “sci-fi, dystopian or time travel romance… or even your favorite book with older characters”) and by 10pm EST, Sunday March 15th, 2020, I will randomly select one lucky commenter as the winner.
The winner will be contacted and will have 48hrs to respond confirming their email address, so if you are picked, do not delay or you will lose your chance. The ebook & gift card will be sent to the winner directly by the author.
Giveaway open to International!!! Please note: The author will need the winner to tell her whether they want an ePub or Mobi. And it will be an Amazon.com gift card.
About the author:
Rebecca Hefner grew up in Western NC and now calls the Hudson River of NYC home. In her youth she would sneak into her mother’s bedroom and raid the bookshelf, falling in love with the stories of Judith McNaught, Sandra Brown and Nora Roberts. Years later that love of a good romance, with lots of great characters and conflicts, has extended to her other favorite authors such as JR Ward and Lisa Kleypas.
Also a huge Game of Thrones and Star Wars fan, she loves an epic fantasy and a surprise twist (Luke, he IS your father). One day, over a decade ago, she began writing her own stories and recently mustered the courage to leave her corporate medical device sales job and become a full-time author.