HAPPY TUESDAY NEW RELEASE DAY!! 70+ books on today’s list and counting!! 😀 And let me tell you… there are SO many awesome books on today’s list, my blurb jolts were a-plenty!!!!
MY BLURB JOLTS: Like… Thoroughly Whipped by Tillie Cole (she’s a writer and her next project is an elite sex club), Taking His Shot (Kendall Ryan’s latest! He’s a hockey player – and he wins a date with her), Jokes on You by Lani Lynn Vale (GASP!!! He gets her pregnant, but he’s always been in love with her twin sister…), Always the Last to Know (her perfect family & world comes crashing down…), The Boyfriend Project (they’re sick of being catfished, so they develop an app…) The Lying Life of Adults (going to be a Netflix series… and the blurb of this one broke my heart – her father tells her she’s ugly…), and The Sight of You (he has dreams about people he loves that come true and then… One night, Joel has the dream of Callie he’s feared the most...” Beyond the Sea (L.H. Cosway’s latest!!! She lives with her horrible step-mother and dreams of getting away, and then her step-mothers brother shows up…)!!!
And while you’re here, don’t forget to check out:
- TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— EXTENDED THROUGH JUNE!! If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance (so many great books available and I mean a TON!!!). 😲👏👏
- Book Review – One Last Verse (The Encore Book 2) by N.N. Britt <— MY REVIEW of this angsty rock star duet conclusion!!
- The Graveyard Shift: A Charley Davidson Novella by Darynda Jones is LIVE and we’re having a giveaway! <— Today’s newsletter sponsor!! 😀
Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes 1 free audiobook + 2 audible originals)
- ➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial) – used to be called the “Romance” package <— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons – kind of like Kindle Unlimited)!!
- ➔➔ And… if you’re not an audible member yet, you can get the first 4 months for 46% off this summer!!!
- The Damned by Renée Ahdieh
- Alpha Night (Psy-Changeling Novel, A Book 19) by Nalini Singh
- Taking His Shot (Hot Jocks Book 7) by Kendall Ryan
- Jokes on You (SWAT Generation 2.0 Book 6) by Lani Lynn Vale
- Daddy’s Girls: A Novel by Danielle Steel
- Always the Last to Know by Kristan Higgins
- Dance Away with Me: A Novel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
- The House of Whispers: A Novel by Laura Purcell
- 500 Miles from You: A Novel by Jenny Colgan
- Stranger in the Lake: A Novel by Kimberly Belle
- The Boyfriend Project by Farrah Rochon
- The Lying Life of Adults by Elena Ferrante
- You Can’t Catch Me by Catherine McKenzie
- The Glamourist (The Vine Witch Book 2) by Luanne G. Smith
- Sin & Surrender (Demigods of San Francisco Book 6) by K.F. Breene
- In the Dark with the Duke (Lost Lords of London Book 2) by Christi Caldwell
- Last Tang Standing by Lauren Ho
- The Sight of You by Holly Miller
- Dragon Unleashed (The Fallen Empire Book 2) by Grace Draven
- The Marriage Game by Sara Desai
- Rage and Ruin (The Harbinger Series Book 2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
READER RECOMMENDATIONS & BARGAIN FINDS:
- TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance (you can still get in on it since the deal has been extended through the end of JUNE). 😲👏👏
- Thoroughly Whipped by Tillie Cole <— TILLIE COLE RECENT RELEASE ALERT!!! Thank goodness Kathy told me about it, ’cause I missed it over the weekend. She’s a writer about to discover an elite sex club… “...I hate the way Harry’s lip curls in contempt whenever he sees me. I hate his bright blue eyes and those inexplicably offensive dimples. I hate his stuffy English accent and the stick that’s permanently jammed up his aristocratic ass. More than anything, I hate that he’s now my boss. But my professional prospects start to look up when a chance at writing Visage’s big summer feature falls into my lap…”
Kathy: Tillie Cole had a new book out yesterday called Thoroughly Whipped. I might have missed it on your blog but thought I would mention it just to be safe 😉
- A Badd Brothers Box Set: Badd Motherf*cker, Badd Ass, Badd to the Bone (The Badd Brothers) by Jasinda Wilder <— BOOK BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! PLUS… ALASKA BAD-ASSES!! 😀 Nancy found us this one!
Nancy: Badd Mother F*cker by Jasinda Wilder and takes place in Alaska!
- Rebel Bears MC: (A Bear Shifter Romance Collection) by Celeste Raye
- Saints and Sinners: The Complete Series by Eden Butler <— SERIES BUNDLE SALE ALERT!! “From Eden Butler, discover what happened to Gia Jilani, the last love of THIN LOVE’S Luka Hale, in this interconnected standalone series.”
Antonella: I’m reading Thin Love by Eden Butler …I’m halfway through and I’m hooked. The angst and build up is driving me nuts.
Robyn: Roughing the Kicker- a woman kicker in the NFL? How fun is that, plus the quarterback is after you? This could be a fun romp! And naughty cuz it’s Eden Butler!
- Reborn Yesterday by Tessa Bailey <— RECENT RELEASE & IT’S SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED TODAY!! 😀 SHE’S HUMAN & HE’S A VAMPIRE... “…Humans aren’t supposed to know Jonas Cantrell, or any vampire, exists. It’s kind of a major rule. Despite his instantaneous bond with perfectly peculiar Ginny, he has no choice but to erase her memories of their one and only meeting. That was the plan. Before a reluctant Jonas can wipe Ginny’s mind clean, she reveals a secret that brings their worlds crashing together…”
PARANORMAL/FANTASY/SCI-FI/DYSTOPIAN NEW RELEASES:
- The Damned by Renée Ahdieh <— FANTASY ROMANCE ALERT!! “...Following the events of The Beautiful, Sébastien Saint Germain is now cursed and forever changed. The treaty between the Fallen and the Brotherhood has been broken, and war between the immortals seems imminent. The price of loving Celine was costly. But Celine has also paid a high price for loving Bastien…”
- The Glamourist (The Vine Witch Book 2) by Luanne G. Smith
- Sin & Surrender (Demigods of San Francisco Book 6) by K.F. Breene
- The Shadow Wand (The Black Witch Chronicles Book 3) by Laurie Forest
- A Werewolf, A Vampire, and A Fae Go To Budapest (The Last Witch Book 2) by Karpov Kinrade and Evan Gaustad
- Alpha Night (Psy-Changeling Novel, A Book 19) by Nalini Singh <— NALINI SINGH ALERT!! “…Mating at first sight is a myth, a fairytale. Yet Selenka’s wolf is resolute: Ethan Night, broken Arrow and a man capable of obsessive devotion, is the mate it has chosen. Even if the mating bond is full of static and not quite as it should be. Because Selenka’s new mate has a terrible secret, his mind surging with a power that is a creature of madness and death…”
- Mated Bear: An Opposites Attract Shifter Romance (Full Moon Protectors Book 6) by Sammie Joyce
- The Wolf and the Rose: Howls Romance by Marianne Morea
- Witches Be Crazy (Not Your Basic Witch Book 3) by A.J. Macey and Jarica James
- The Graveyard Shift: A Charley Davidson Novella by Darynda Jones <— DARYNDA JONES ALERT!! SHE TRICKED HIM INTO FATHERING HER SON!! “...Marika Dubois’s son—a warrior in the coming war between heaven and hell—was foreseen long before his birth. But to create a child strong enough to endure the trials that lay ahead, she needed a descendant of powerful magics. She found that in Garrett Swopes and tricked him into fathering her son. A ploy he has never forgiven her for. But when he knocks on her door asking for her help, she sees the fierce attraction he tries to deny rise within him…” Also don’t forget to check out the giveaway on my blog (just comment on the blog post to enter) —> The Graveyard Shift: A Charley Davidson Novella by Darynda Jones is LIVE and we’re having a giveaway!
- Rage and Ruin (The Harbinger Series Book 2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout <— JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT ALERT!!!! MUST BE READ IN ORDER!! “...Half-angel Trinity and her bonded gargoyle protector, Zayne, have been working with demons to stop the apocalypse while avoiding falling in love. The Harbinger is coming…but who or what is it? All of humankind may fall if Trinity and Zayne can’t win the race against time as dark forces gather…”
- The House of Whispers: A Novel by Laura Purcell <— STRANGE TALES OF FAIRIES… “…Forty years later, Hester arrives at Morvoren House to take up a position as nurse to the now partially paralyzed and mute Miss Pinecroft. Hester has fled to Cornwall to try to escape her past, but surrounded by superstitious staff enacting bizarre rituals, she soon discovers her new home may be just as dangerous as her last...”
- Dark Wine at Death (A Hill Vampire Novel Book 4) by Jenna Barwin
- Coveted Mate (Everglow Pack Book 4) by Liam Kingsley
- Academy Of Beasts XI: Shifter Romance by Becca Fanning
- Dragon Unleashed (The Fallen Empire Book 2) by Grace Draven <— GRACE DRAVEN ALERT!! “…A dragon shapeshifter and a healer with power over the earth fight a corrupt empire in this thrilling and deeply emotional romantic fantasy from the USA Today bestselling author of Radiance..”
CONTEMPORARY NEW RELEASES:
- Taking His Shot (Hot Jocks Book 7) by Kendall Ryan <— KENDALL RYAN ALERT!! Hockey player & she’s not interested!! “...When I win the pleasure of Harper’s company at a charity auction, I get exactly one date—one shot to win over the gorgeous and feisty brunette. Game on. I play hard, and I love a challenge. But just when I think I’ve finally carved out my shot . . . a huge secret implodes around us, threatening everything we’ve built…”
- A Lady’s Dream Come True: True Gentlemen Book 9 (The True Gentlemen) by Grace Burrowes <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE ALERT!!
- In the Dark with the Duke (Lost Lords of London Book 2) by Christi Caldwell <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Jokes on You (SWAT Generation 2.0 Book 6) by Lani Lynn Vale <— LANI LYNN VALE ALERT!!! ONE NIGHT STAND IS PREGNANT & HE’S BEING DEPLOYED (BUT HE WANTS HER SISTER!! GASP!!) “…There weren’t a lot of things that the baby’s mother and he saw eye to eye on after that. He honestly wasn’t sure why he even slept with her in the first place. Okay, that last part is a lie. He knows exactly why he slept with her. Because the real woman he’s in love with, her twin sister, Dillan, won’t give him the time of day. Five years later, and he still wants her. Now he’s home for good, being the best father and police officer that he can be, and still he’s not good enough…”
- Just Business (Aegis Group Dangerous Ladies Book 1) by Sidney Bristol
- Axe: Best Friend’s Older Brother Romance by Tarin Lex
- Daddy’s Girls: A Novel by Danielle Steel <— DANIELLE STEEL ALERT! “…Decades ago, after the death of his wife, Texas ranch hand JT Tucker took his three small daughters to California to start a new life. With almost no money, a will of iron, and hard work, he eventually built the biggest ranch in California. But when he dies suddenly at the age of sixty-four, the ranch is inherited by his three daughters—each of them finding it impossible to believe that this larger-than-life figure is gone from their lives…“
- This Changes Everything (McLaughlin Brothers Book 1) by Jennifer Ashley
- Tangled in Ivy: True Love and Family Dysfunction that Spans Decades by Ashley Farley
- Game Changer: A Wynn Hockey Novel by Kelly Jamieson
- Lucky in Love (Southern Bride Book 4) by Kelly Elliott <— KELLY ELLIOTT ALERT!! “…My life was exactly how I wanted it to be. That is, until Saryn Night walked back into my life with the intention of firing me. Good luck with that. One strong-headed, opinionated woman with a three-year-old little girl had turned my world upside down within five minutes…”
- Catching the Cowboy: A Small-Town Clean Romance (Summer Creek Book 1) by Shanna Hatfield
- ZAAN (Sidewinders: Generations Book 1) by Kat Mizera
- Bred by the MC Prez (Breeding Season Book 5) by Sam Crescent and Stacey Espino
- Not into you by Charlotte Byrd <— ENEMIES-TO-LOVERS ALERT!! “...You never cheated and you never lied, but that doesn’t mean that what you did didn’t hurt. My hatred for you is a fire, you’ll never extinguish. You know this and you take my hand anyway. I want to push you away, but you won’t let me...”
- Always the Last to Know by Kristan Higgins <— KRISTAN HIGGINS ALERT!! HER PERFECT FAMILY CAME CRASHING DOWN… “...The Frosts are a typical American family. Barb and John, married almost fifty years, are testy and bored with each other…who could blame them after all this time? At least they have their daughters– Barb’s favorite, the perfect, brilliant Juliet; and John’s darling, the free-spirited Sadie. The girls themselves couldn’t be more different, but at least they got along, more or less. It was fine. It was enough. Until the day John had a stroke, and their house of cards came tumbling down…”
- The Boyfriend Project by Farrah Rochon <— THEY DEVELOP AN APP… “…Samiah Brooks never thought she would be “that” girl. But a live tweet of a horrific date just revealed the painful truth: she’s been catfished by a three-timing jerk of a boyfriend. Suddenly Samiah-along with his two other “girlfriends,” London and Taylor-have gone viral online. Now the three new besties are making a pact to spend the next six months investing in themselves. No men and no dating. For once Samiah is putting herself first, and that includes finally developing the app she’s always dreamed of creating…”
- Sweet Surrender (Silver Cove Book 6) by Jill Sanders
- Guarding Kinsley: Brotherhood Protectors World (Texas Guardians Book 3) by Barb Han
- To Be Wicked With You (League of Unweddable Gentlemen Book 4) by Tamara Gill
- Dance Away with Me: A Novel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips <— SUSAN ELIZABETH PHILLIPS ALERT!! “...instead of peace and quiet, she encounters an enigmatic artist with a craving for solitude, a fairy-tale sprite with too many secrets, a helpless infant, a passel of curious teens, and a town suspicious of outsiders, especially one as headstrong as Tess. Just as headstrong is Ian North, a difficult, gifted man with a tortured soul—a man who makes Tess question everything…”
- Royally Broken (Royal Bastards MC: Royal Sons CA) by Elle Boon
- Saving Magnolia: Brotherhood Protectors World (Saving Series Book 2) by Jen Talty
- A Laird to Remember: Scottish Historical Romance (Brides of Scotland Book 4) by Tammy Andresen
- The Beauty of Broken Things by Victoria Connelly
- 500 Miles from You: A Novel by Jenny Colgan <— PENPALS!!! “…What happens when two medical professionals–ex Army medic from a village in the Scottish Highlands and an inner city nurse from inner-city London—switch jobs for three months and become unlikely pen pals?“
- The Goode Fight (Crystal Creek Mysteries Book 2) by Leslie Marshman
- Swann: Brotherhood Protectors World (The Guardian Agency Book 8) by Regan Black
- Home for a Cowboy (Windsor, Wyoming Book 1) by Amy Aislin
- Last Tang Standing by Lauren Ho <— Crazy Rich Asians meets Bridget Jones’s Diary in this funny and irresistible debut novel about the pursuit of happiness, surviving one’s thirties intact, and opening oneself up to love.
- Stranger in the Lake: A Novel by Kimberly Belle <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! NEW MARRIAGE WITH RUMORS… “…When Charlotte married the wealthy widower Paul, it caused a ripple of gossip in their small lakeside town. They have a charmed life together, despite the cruel whispers about her humble past and his first marriage. But everything starts to unravel when she discovers a young woman’s body floating in the exact same spot where Paul’s first wife tragically drowned…”
- Seduced By Denial: Brotherhood Protectors World (Close Protection Book 1) by Stacey Wilk
- Hot SEAL, Runaway Bride: An Enemies to Lovers Romantic Comedy (SEALs in Paradise) by Cat Johnson
- The Lying Life of Adults by Elena Ferrante <— GOING TO BE A NETFLIX SERIES ALERT!! “...Giovanna’s pretty face is changing, turning ugly, at least so her father thinks. Giovanna, he says, is looking more like her Aunt Vittoria every day. But can it be true? Is she really changing? Will she turn out like her despised Aunt Vittoria, a woman she hardly knows but whom her mother and father have spent their whole lives avoiding and deriding? There must be a mirror somewhere in which she can see herself as she truly is…”
- Toxic Truth: Brotherhood Protectors World by Tina Donahue
- Player’s Kiss: An Enemies-to-Lovers Contemporary Romance (Irish Kiss Book 6) by Sienna Blake
- Powerful Prince (Steel Series Book 5) by Victoria Pinder
- The Sight of You by Holly Miller <— HE HAS A DREAM ABOUT HER… “…They challenge each other to take chances, to laugh, and to trust that no matter how hard each falls, the other will be there to catch them. But Joel has a secret. He dreams about the people he loves, and these dreams always come true. One night, Joel has the dream of Callie he’s feared the most...”
- Needing Happily Ever After by Elena Aitken
- Where Tomorrow Leads (Hope of Sudan Book 2) by DiAnn Mills
- Royal Games (Dating Games Book 5) by T.K. Leigh
- My Victorious Knight (Midsummer Knights Book 5) by Laurel O’Donnell
- Taking Her Chase: A Small Town Friends to Lovers Romance (Dare to Surrender Book 2) by Danielle Pays
- You Can’t Catch Me by Catherine McKenzie <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! “...Twelve years ago Jessica Williams escaped a cult. Thanks to the private detective who rescued her, she reintegrated into society, endured an uncomfortable notoriety, and tried to put it all behind her. Then, at an airport bar, Jessica meets a woman with an identical name and birth date. It appears to be just an odd coincidence—until a week later, when Jessica finds her bank account drained and her personal information stolen…”
- A Good Man (Handymen Book 1) by Rosanna Leo
- Can’t Have You: A Stand-Alone Brother’s Best Friend Romance by Lilian Monroe
- Tough Road: The Shakedown Series by Elizabeth SaFleur
- Beyond the Sea: A Modern Gothic Romance by L.H. Cosway <— L.H. COSWAY ALERT!!! “…On a lonely cliff beside the vast blue sea there is a house. In the house there lives a girl, and in the girl there lives a dream. Soon she’ll be as free as the fishes that swim beneath the water. But until then she bides her time and lives quietly, her every move ruled over by an uncaring, heartless stepmother. The hope for freedom is all she has to hold onto. So close she can almost taste it. But when her stepmother’s estranged younger brother comes to stay, he presents a mystery that lures her in...”
- The Benefactor (See No Evil Trilogy Book 2) by Nana Malone
- Prognosis So Done: A hot medical romance by Amy Andrews
- A Date for Good Luck (The Dating Series Book 3) by L.P. Dover and Heidi McLaughlin <— “…A pretend romance to get her mother off her back seems like a wish granted. But Kellan has an agenda all his own. Can he use this opportunity to jig his way straight into Hope’s heart? Or will he need a four-leaf clover to get past this workaholic’s defenses?”
- The Marriage Game by Sara Desai <— GOES BACK HOME AGAIN “...After her life falls apart, recruitment consultant Layla Patel returns home to her family in San Francisco. But in the eyes of her father, who runs a Michelin starred restaurant, she can do no wrong. He would do anything to see her smile again. With the best intentions in mind, he offers her the office upstairs to start her new business and creates a profile on an online dating site to find her a man. She doesn’t know he’s arranged a series of blind dates until the first one comes knocking on her door…”
- The Viscount’s Sinful Bargain (The Dukes’ Pact Book 1) by Kate Archer <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Four Short Weeks: Return to Lighthouse Point (Charming Inn Book 4) by Kay Correll
- The Mute and the Menace by A.R. Breck <— DARK READ ALERT!! HE GOT HIS BEST FRIEND’S GIRLFRIEND PREGNANT... “…When I saw those two lines on the stick, I thought my life was over. Pregnant. Not just by anyone, but by the man I loathe. Jackson. The Mute. I loved the baby more than my next breath, but I couldn’t keep it. My life has always been vicious tilt-a-whirl of hardship, and I had nothing to offer. Then disaster strikes, and clarity hits. I want this baby. Only it might be too late…”
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Can’t Help Falling In Love (A Calamity Falls Novel Book 5) by Erika Kelly – June 11th 2020
- Against the Rules (Kingston Brothers Book 3) by Isabel Lucero – June 11th 2020
- The Jock: An Enemies to Lovers Romance (North Woods University Book 6) by J.L. Beck & C. Hallman – June 12th 2020
- Hush, Puppy (The Dogmothers Book 5) by Roxanne St. Claire – June 12th 2020
- Join the Club (SWAT Generation 2.0 Book 7) by Lani Lynn Vale – June 14th 2020
- The Dare (Briar U Book 4) by Elle Kennedy – June 16th 2020
- Hooking Him (How to Catch an Alpha Book 3) by Aurora Rose Reynolds – June 16th 2020
- Devolution: A Firsthand Account of the Rainier Sasquatch Massacre by Max Brooks – June 16th 2020
- American Demon (Hollows Book 14) by Kim Harrison – June 16th 2020
- Fifth a Fury (GODDESS ISLES Book 5) – June 16th 2020
- Holding You Close (Noah & Katie duet Book 2) by Kennedy Fox – June 16th 2020
- I’ll Be the One by Lyla Lee – June 16th 2020
- The Heir Affair (The Royal We) by Heather Cocks & Jessica Morgan – June 16th 2020
- The Half Sister by Sandie Jones – June 16th 2020
- Engagement and Espionage (Handcrafted Mystery Book 1) by Penny Reid – June 16th 2020
- A Little Bit Wicked (The Wickeds: Dark Knights at Bayside Book 1) by Melissa Foster – June 17th 2020
- Kate by Charyse Allan – June 20th 2020
- The Call of Magic (The Fool’s Journey Book 1) by A.R. C. – June 20th 2020
- Breakfast at Bronzefield by Sophie Campbell – June 22nd 2020
- This Time Tomorrow by Tessa Bailey – June 22nd 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Hi Maryse! I had an early release of my latest book
The Mute and the Menace by A.R. Breck – it’s really dark!! You should check it out 🙂
YAY!!! Thank you so much for letting me know. I’m adding it. 🙂
I really wish I could snap out of my “don’t feel like reading” funk because there are lots of goodies the last few days.
I got into a series on Netflix yesterday while I was preparing this new release list. “Alone” (a reality survival series where people are left completely on their own – not even teams – to fend for themselves in the arctic.)
OMG it’s hard core. They have to build their own shelter, hunt, fish, sometimes they go days without food except for berries. And every once in awhile they catch something (fish or some rodent…), and get SUPER-SICK. OH BOY,.
I think I’m just in a general funk overall. I need to go back to prioritizing my sleep and maybe some outside time.
I know I’ve been in a reading slump for awhile but I miss it. I do think at this point i might actively have to work to get it back.
That sounds really good, Maryse!
I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned Love Life with Anna Kendrick, but if you have HBO or HBO Max, I highly recommend it. I usually watch the heavy dramas, but with what’s been going on, I REALLY needed this romantic dramedy (and Anna Kendrick is just so darn cute!) She plays Darby, and it’s an anthology about her love life through the years. Each episode is about a different love interest (3 episodes per week) and I’m just loving it!
Twilight! Love your new pic 😃. I tried to talk the kids into watching Twilight on the drive to our trip a few weeks ago. 😂
I don’t have HBO and have never heard of Love Life, but I think I could probably get it on Amazon too. It sounds like my kinda show. Thanks for the rec!
I love that actress and I’m going to watch this tonight. Thank you Nay!!!
Has anyone read Tessa baily reborn? Looking for a new book to start and needed some recommendations.
Hi Shara. I read Reborn shortly after it was released and enjoyed it. I’m looking forward to the next one in the series This Time Tomorrow which comes out on June 22.
Stacy. Thank you so much! I’m trying to decide if I should start it
I’m too busy to be in a funk. I’m desperate for some entertainment in a sittin kinda way. 😂🤣
Today was my last training session with Goose. He’s learned to walk better, sit, stay, leave it, wait, stand, come and off. He does really well for his age at his commands. But, he failed his overall training bc he’s got stranger danger pretty bad. Now, for the next month I have to practice muzzle training. Not bc he’s coming after ppl, but bc I want to trust everything will be ok when he does get pet and see how far he’ll go with that added protection. We’ll go slow, of course. Not like I’m strapping it on and saying ok, now pet him!
I have put this dog in every situation possible and he’s been selective with outsiders petting him, but it seems to have gotten worse in the last few weeks and he wants it even less. I tell you, I’ve gone beyond. She said more than she has done with her own, so this is a last resort. It’s been an all consuming job and I’m honestly exhausted just thinking about doing these meet and greets another month yet. I am not a social person in general, so. Just thinking of when kids have friends over and such, or he goes to the groomer or ya know, a new person has to see him or something. He has to be able to accept a little and not be so wary. Cuz kids can be obnoxious and realistically, I may not always be right there to buffer.
Also, I have no time for this. 😱 No time, no time. It’s one thing to be training a normal puppy with a house full for the summer and things picking up pace again. It’s another when I’m dedicating more time to work with a dog that has special needs than my family. And he’s only 17 1/2 weeks! Cross your fingers for us, please?
Hope your dog settles down, Tasha. He’s still young yet so there’s time. Fingers crossed for you!
I’m excited there’s a new Susan Elizabeth Phillips book out and I just downloaded a sample, but unless I get really hooked in the sample, I think I’ll wait to read some reviews before deciding whether or not to pay the *coughs* ridiculously high kindle price.
I wtr the new Grace Burrowes HR, but I’ve fallen behind on those books so I need to catch up. I’m still lost in SEAL heaven with the Troubleshooters series. They’re long books and it’s taking me a while to read them. Loving every minute!
I will try the sample of Alpha Night too, although I don’t seem to like that series as much as I did when I first discovered them years ago. I still like pnr and shifters, but I just don’t enjoy some series the way I used to. It’s not you, lovely pnr writers, it’s me……….
Just finished The Girl in The Love Song. I so love the writing, it just flows. I wondered since this started when the H and h were 13, what would happen and would there be a long, painful separation. There was angst, but l survived. 😉
Looks like I’m not the only one reading less. I’ve had to put holds on the last 10 or so books I had checked out. I keep searching the new ebooks added at the library, and new releases in general, but not much is jumping out at me.
I am so excited for Susan Elizabeth Phillips book. She is my Favorite go to for a Laugh out loud read. I even reread Fancy Pants from her as a good measure, that’s my #1 Susan EP read. Her writing just s makes me happy. I’ll give feedback after I devour Dance Away With Me.
Thank you Rochelle!!!! I’m glad you’ve found one on here that makes you happy!!! 😀
Just finished Dance Away with Me and it was awesome. Is different from everything I read of hers, but I loved it. There were two things that I didn’t like. I felt like the h was bit dismissive of the H’s feelings and bit selfish towards him. And I wish there were a few more chapters at the end. I don’t think it will disapoint you though.
Ooh thanks for the feedback, Harper. I liked Fancy Pants too. Maybe I’m just going to have to cough up and blow my monthly kindle budget on one book. Ouch! But I do love her writing.
I saw Tasha mention Twilight and I’ve been a little out of the loop but has anybody mention that Target has the hardcover Midnight Sun SIGNED for preorder? I just canceled my Amazon and ordered it there! https://bit.ly/2XRXCAs
YAY!! And… I just bought the entire series first editions all signed (to other people but… LOL I don’t care – and book #3 is signed to “Marisa” so that’s almost me, right? LOL!!!) 😉 AND book #1, is from the first couple of print runs, so it doesn’t even say “New York Times Best Seller” on it, and has her old photo.
I’m going to give away my old hard covers from when I started reading them, since I have these signed ones now. I think I’ll the giveaway on Midnight Sun release day.