Today’s early bird releases are ready (including a new retelling of a classic by Katy Regnery!!!!). And I’ll be adding more as we find ’em. 😀 P.S. Nancy loved it!
Nancy: She takes some modern liberties with the story & the end result does not disappoint at all. This author also promises a Happy-Ever-After Ending, so I know I will end the book with a smile!
I hope you will read the book and enjoy it as much as I did!
1.) I went to the beach again yesterday… so fun and relaxing, and now I have a sunburn (though not terrible). Even though I put some serious sunscreen, but ooops!
2.) I ate sushi and it was fantastic. I LOVE sushi!
3.) I tried my hand at painting. Annnnnd, that’s where I’m leaving that. 😉
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- Love is Never Lost: (inspired by “Rip Van Winkle”) (A Modern Fairytale) by Katy Regnery <— KATY REGNERY ALERT!! HE HAS AN ACCIDENT… “…When Rip awakens two decades later, he will need to relearn his body’s most basic functions, in addition to catching up on twenty years’ worth of history, progress and change. Something called the “internet” has the answer to every question you could ever dream of asking, and people are reliant on mobile telephones smaller than a Walkman. His high school girlfriend is married with children, and he has an eighteen-year-old sister who was born while he was “sleeping.”As Rip struggles to find his place in this strange, new world, one presence in his life will become both a beacon and guide: his childhood friend, Katrina Van Tassel...”
- Luck of The Irish (Getting Lucky Book 1) by Mila Crawford
- My First Glance: An On My Own Prequel by Carrie Ann Ryan
- Vow of Deception: A Dark Marriage Romance (Deception Trilogy Book 1) by Rina Kent <— ARRANGED MARRIAGE ALERT!! “…The most notorious man in the city offers me a job. Act as his dead wife. Adrian Volkov isn’t the type of person who takes no for an answer. He commands with an iron fist and all his orders are met. When he approaches me with the offer, I have two options. Go to prison or put myself under his wrath…”
- The Death Club: A Dark Romance (Dead Men Walking Book 1) by Susanne Valenti and Caroline Peckham
- Featherbed (Vino and Veritas) by Annabeth Albert
- Let’s Ride (Men Of Valor MC) by Hope Stone
- Throwing Shade: A Humorous Paranormal Women’s Fiction (Magic After Midlife Book 1) by Deborah Wilde <— SHE LOSES IT!! “…It’s official. Miriam Feldman is killing it in the midlife crisis department. She’s mastered boredom, aced invisibility, and graduated Summa Cum Laude in smiling and playing nice in her post-divorce life. But when a drink with a “good guy” goes sideways, Miriam snaps, and in a cold dark rage unleashes a rare and powerful shadow magic. To make matters worse, her best friend goes missing and Miri is thrust into a world of hidden magic, vampires, and a legacy of hatred aimed directly at her...”
- Just for Kicks (Milwaukee Growlers Football Book 1) by Tracy Solheim
- Tackling Tobias: A Big Sky Universe Novel (Lady Boss Presents: Big Sky Universe) by C.M. Steele
- Back With Me: A With Me in Seattle Universe Novel (Lady Boss Press Presents: With Me in Seattle Universe) by K.L. Humphreys
- The Way to a Man’s Heart: A Big Sky Universe Novel (Lady Boss Presents: Big Sky Universe) by Shaw Hart
- Our Chance: A friends to lovers, slow burn romance (Hope River Book 2) by Margaret McHeyzer <— CRUSHING ON THE SHERIFF!! “...something is stopping us from acting on our feelings. Resisting him is nearly impossible. The problem is, I’m running from my past. Jake’s the Sheriff of Hope River, and it wouldn’t be hard for him to uncover my secrets. Do I risk telling him the truth, or do I run again?”
- The Cotillion Brigade: A Novel of the Civil War and the Most Famous Female Militia in American History by Glen Craney
- A Rogue’s Secret by Stacy Reid
- Kevlar (Macha MC Book 2) by Skye McNeil
- Easy Fix: A Boudreaux Universe Novel (Lady Boss Press Presents: Boudreaux Universe)
by Leslie Fear <— SINGLE FATHER ALERT!! “…Georgia Landaische has used her gift for healing people her whole life. But after the death of her father, the one person who refuses her help, she needs a new start. New Orleans offers a clean slate—a place for her to set up a small shop and use her power to do what she couldn’t for the person she wanted to the most. But when she meets an adorable little girl with a heart condition and her handsome father, Georgia finds that some things aren’t so easy to fix...”
- A Secret Romance – An Unlikely Event by Sienna Knight
- One of Them Girls by Cala Riley
- Fanged & Fabulous (Immortality Bites Book 2) by Michelle Rowen <— HER DATE TURNED HER INTO A VAMPIRE!! “…Last month, the world’s worst blind date turned me into a vampire. Then I may have, accidentally, ignited a war between local bloodsuckers and a group of murderously misguided vampire hunters who’ve nicknamed me the Slayer of Slayers. Now the vampire council is using me as bait to draw out the hunters’ bad-ass leader, while my gorgeous 600-year-old boyfriend Thierry seems to be blowing me off...”
- Sass This (The Protetors Book 2) by Aliyah Burke
- Set to Music by Negeen Papehn
- Falling for a Rockstar by Pippa Jackson
- Cocky Delight: A Hero Club Novel by Maria Macdonald <— HE WAS LAUGHING AT HER… “…When my best friend’s husband offers me a position in his company, I snap it up. What I don’t expect is to be working with the rude – and unfortunately completely gorgeous – man who sat laughing at me through a coffee shop window. While I tried to pull my heel from a grate in the sidewalk, as it poured with rain. I flipped him the bird while I stood glaring, but that didn’t keep him away…”
- Save Me (The Broken Souls Series Book 1) by S.A. Mackenzie <— HE WAS HER PROTECTOR… “...We were two kids lost in a system that didn’t care. He was my protector, my best friend, my first love. He kept the shadows away the best that he could. Now it’s my turn to return the favor. I found him finally, but I didn’t find him quickly enough. I’m lost again, but this time it’s without him by my side...”
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Win by Harlan Coben – March 16th 2021
- Wild Sign (Alpha and Omega Book 6) by Patricia Briggs – March 16th 2021
- Last Strand: An Elemental Assassin book by Jennifer Estep – March 16th 2021
- Namesake: A Novel (Fable Book 2) by Adrienne Young – March 16th 2021
- Hard to Lose (The Play Hard Series Book 4) by K. Bromberg – March 17th 2021
- Arrogant Officer by Lauren Runow & Jeannine Colette – March 21st 2021
- Dark Alpha’s Obsession: A Reaper Novel by Donna Grant – March 22nd 2021
- Wild Rebel (Dirty Wild Book 1) by Laurelin Paige – March 23rd 2021
- Autumn Night Whiskey (Tequila Rose Book 2) by Willow Winters – March 23rd 2021
- One More Time by Aurora Rose Reynolds – March 23rd 2021
- The Last One Home by Victoria Helen Stone – March 23rd 2021
- Every Vow You Break: A Novel by Peter Swanson – March 23rd 2021
- The Last Writer: A Domestic Thriller by Adriane Leigh – March 23rd 2021
- Family Skeletons: A Paranormal Military Romance by Josie Malone – March 23rd 2021
- The Evolution of Fae and Gods (Chronicles of the Stone Veil Book 3) by Sawyer Bennett – March 23rd 2021
- Eternal by Lisa Scottoline – March 23rd 2021
- The Winter Before by Karen Crompton – March 25th 2021
- Shift of Morals: An MM Shifter Romance (Kingdom of Wolves Book 5) by K Webster – March 26th 2021
- Montana Mavericks: a hot cowboy collection by Rebecca Zanetti – March 30th 2021
- No Way Out by Fern Michaels – March 30th 2021
- The Three Mrs. Greys by Shelly Ellis – March 30th 2021
- Rule of Wolves (King of Scars Duology Book 2) by Leigh Bardugo – March 30th 2021
- Wilde Child: Wildes of Lindow Castle by Eloisa James – March 30th 2021
- The Rebel by Kendall Ryan – March 30th 2021
- Watch Me Burn (Elements of the Heart Book 2) by C.E. Johnson – March 30th 2021
➔➔➔ Looking for more book releases? Check out the upcoming new releases here or check out the latest new releases here.
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!
1. I finished The Bronze Horseman in a mere 29 days! 🤣😂
2. I’m making crab legs baked in Cajun butter for dinner.
3. It’s going to be in the 80s today with full sun! It’s been so cloudy and gloomy lately!
Maryse, what do you usually order when you get sushi?
How did you like The Bronze Horseman R??
And also, I get something called “Fire roll” which is salmon with tiny crunchies in it, and some of that spicy mayo sauce, and then rolled in the rice, and then on top of the roll is a slice of salmon, a super-thin slice of lemon, and sriracha sauce. YUMMMMMMMY!!
Really liked the war aspect but the middle dragged for me. I started book 2 just to get answers (because cliffhanger!) but I don’t plan to read it right now.
I’m not a sushi fan, but crunch of some kind is a must if I order a roll. I also need cooked seafood and rice paper instead of seaweed. 😆 My husband loves it so as long as I can get a ginger salad and wine, I’m good!
I have to second how wonderful Katy Regnery’s new one is! Love Is Never Lost was such a great read! I always enjoy her books…but the Rip Van Winkle storyline was awesome…I loved how she made it into her own story!!
Two other favorites I read recently – – The Push by Ashley Audrain….Oh.My.God….this book can’t even be described. Let’s just say “buckle up”! (Also, I did the audio for this and it was great!!!)
Last night I finished Amy Harmon’s The Songbook of Benny Lament….again…what a story!!! I love Amy Harmon’s writing anyway, but this one was really something special! I highly recommend!
I want to read The Push SOO BAD!! I love creepy kid stories. 😉
YAY!! I’m so glad you loved it.
I was obsessed with it. I listened to it all day at work Friday until I finished!!
Good morning…As for my 3 things:
1. As you can see from my previous post, I’ve had a good reading “run” lately.
2. Our puppy, Hadley is keeping us on our toes. She’ll be 4 months this week!
3. I’m feeling pretty proud of myself. I got some food prep done this morning before work. Marinated and sauteed beef strips with broccoli and brown rice for dinner. Doesn’t sound nearly as tasty as Robin’s crab legs in Cajun butter….
I love food prepping. I haven’t done it in a few weeks because I already had WAY too much in my freezer, that I needed to clear through first.
I LOVE PUPPIES! I wish I had a 3rd MinPin.
The store only gave me one little bitty crab cluster so I just took out a filet mignon to thaw. Woe is me. 🤣😂
You guys are making me hungry….and I’m eating. 😋 I tried sushi last year and liked it. Just a California roll (I think it’s called) where it’s cooked. I’m too afraid of tapeworms to venture out further. And the thought of the texture. 😂
1. My reading streak where I was accomplishing more than a book or 2 a month has felt like it’s dwindled lately. Too easily distracted right now. But, I finished Fable and loved it. Ready to knock out the next. Just slow going.
2. My “big” jeans don’t fit anymore. The ones I could always count on when the jeans I should be able to fit in felt tight and they fit just right, but sagged a little throughout the day. Just last spring, they worked great. I’m having a woe is me moment.
3. Accomplished some extras around the house this week. Feels like a super achievement, the little things. Like, hanging new shades in my room. The regular old blinds in an unattractive color that came with the house have been tossed. It’s more than slow going, but slowly replacing window treatments throughout. And staining the board to the catio, really brightens things up. And organized the storage area that’s not a storage area, a bit, etc.
LOL Tasha!! What’s a little tapeworm, when you’re enjoying awesome food…? 😉 It’ll make you stronger. 😂
AND OMG I need to get all my window treatments done professionally. Sheer curtains for the most part would be awesome, but a way to make it not so see-through at night. I think that will be my next project.
Yes, I was just discussing our living room. That one actually does have really nice sheers, 2 layers that I love, but I can’t shut them all the way bc there’s a skinny little sofa table under that window. And I was thinking of (these are last now, it’s just a vision) a pull down sheer shade to go underneath them just for privacy. I still want all the light coming through.
We did a textured cream Roman shade for our bedroom. It helps the light not come in so bright in the morning, but doesn’t totally black out (I don’t like that, but you can add them).
But, I love shades. So easy to clean and don’t need additional curtains. They feel modern and minimal and really make a room. I get mine from JCPenny. By far the cheapest around here and always get them on sale, cuz they’re pricey, but Penny’s always has a sale. Like 50-60% off!
Whoa that’s so weird. I just typed “woe is me” before I read your comment!
I’m right there with you. I’m starting a 2 month heath kick so I don’t have to buy new clothes! Dang isolation calories! I just bought a $25 can of SPIRU-TEIN protein shake mix for lunches and aside from my little filet tonight, will only be eating lean meat and seafood until June.
OMG that’s so funny
Well I need to “woe is me” about my red face right now. It actually is bothering me at the moment. I have aloe gel but I forgot to bring it with me here at work.
I’m ornery now. 😏
Coconut oil! I love it for burns. Aloe is sticky and drives me nuts, but coconut oil is so soothing too and I always have it on hand.
Okay good idea! I DO have some. I’m going to put it in the fridge first when I get home.
Ouch!! Sunburns are the worst!
I’m afraid I wouldn’t keep up with making a shake consistently. I still have to make food for J and I’m not doing something separate. I suppose I need to move more. *sigh* I just can’t seem to find the motivation. It’s so low on my list of priorities. But, omg, the pools are gonna open this year. I’ll have to wear a suit. 😅
It’s been 20 years since I did these shakes last and I can’t remember how I made them. I seem to remember the blender makes them weirdly frothy and I think I just ended up shaking it with milk in a jar. I’m hoping that’s the case because breaking out a blender every day will be a no go for me!
Oh, no blender?! I’ll have to check it out. That’s what I hate. The work! 🤣😂
I’ll let you know tomorrow!
And this is why I buy the premade shakes…I’m always afraid it will be gritty. My texture freak out tendencies come out to play then…
Hubs and I have gradually started to like sushi and now we’re fans, especially hubs. He’s more daring than me in what he’ll try. I like teriyaki chicken rolls, wrapped in rice and seaweed. Sometimes we just get a mixed tray with all sorts of little goodies on them. So colourful and pretty but I don’t always know what I’m eating LOL. I’m not a fan of the wasabi paste dip though. Pleh. No thanks.
Maryse I dunno if I missed it on your blog, but I noticed that there’s a new Susan Fanetti book came out a week or two ago. It’s called Crazy Cat and is the second in her new(ish) MMA series and looks good. The first book was very emotional.
Oh YAY!! Thank you for letting me know. I’ll add it to tomorrow’s main release list. 😀
And ditto on the wasabi… not for me.
I love the wasabi, not by itself obviously, but to give heat to the soy for dipping. You just have to stir it up really good.
I haven’t tried stirring it into the soy. Good idea. I will try that.
yes try that! just a little of it.