HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE! 😀 I had a wonderful, sunny, fulfilling weekend, and I also spent my downtime reading The Four Winds by Kristen Hannah which I am LOVING!!
1.) Wayyyyy more paddle boarding yesterday than last week (which was just a test for me to see how I liked it). Yesterday was full on for a few hours (with mini “sunning” breaks to relax and just enjoy our surroundings). Pure peace. Except when I’d almost flip off the board, or like when the wind and waves wouldn’t let me advance at all. Paddle paddle paddle… still in the exact same spot. Stop paddling… suddenly find myself in the mangroves. 😂 P.S. Unlike last week, I did not fall in the water (though I did fall ON my board a few times).
2.) While I was paddle boarding (and standing and doing pretty great), I saw a “baby” shark swim past me. YES. A beautiful, perfectly obvious… SHARK. Small but big enough I’m glad I was not in the water when he went by me. Still so very cool to see.
3.) After all that workout, we had yummy Filipino food. A new-to-me restaurant that makes me want to make some of my own (because it’s one of my favorite foods – and I used to make a few of my favorite dishes regularly). I think it’s time to start that up again. And yes… there has to be rice. *keto is not rice friendly*
4.) Yes… a 4th thing. My Game of Thrones journey. I reached “The Red Wedding” (and lost my mind there)… and then… Joffrey’s wedding. It’s been a tumultuous weekend. 😉 Though I love this show SO MUCH. Talk about a story that makes me FEEL and makes my jaw drop consistently. HOLY. MOLY.
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- Summer Rebound (Dating Season Book 2) by Laurelin Paige and Kayti McGee <— BLIND DATE WITH A BAD BOY BIKER!! “…Summer is for throwing caution to the wind, and Dune’s a bad boy that lives for danger. Colorado is heating up, much like my newly re-discovered libido, and I’m hoping like hell that my new blind date’s hot, too. Fate ( and my bestie) truly deliver a doozy: He rides motorcycles. His tattoos are insanely hot. The mystery of his life is all but unsolvable…”
- Dark Alpha’s Obsession (Reapers Book 11) by Donna Grant
- The Beast’s Bluestocking (The Bluestocking War) by Eva Devon
- The Bachelor Bargain (Secrets, Scandals, and Spies Book 1) by Maddison Michaels
- The Guy Next Door (Forbidden Love Book 1) by Kelly Myers <— HER FAKE DATE WITH HER BOSS!! “…I know office relationships are forbidden. Yet sneaking around makes what’s happening between us even hotter. Until our secret is discovered…nBut I have one of my own—a little munchkin with the same blue eyes as his dad. When the truth finally comes out, will I lose Zack forever, or will we have our second chance at love?”
- Dating The Player (The Legends Book 1) by Erin McCarthy
- Wild Ride: An Accidental Marriage Romance (Wilde Horse Ranch Book 2) by Kim Loraine
- While You Were Texting (Digital Dating Book 2) by Marika Ray and Delancey Stewart
- Hard Ball (Stadium Series Book 1) by S.A. Clayton
- Wicked Rule (Heartless Kingdom Book 1) by K.I. Lynn <— MARRIAGE OF CONVENIENCE!! “...I’m going to make her my queen. One wedding. One child. Five years. Ten million dollars. Those are the terms of our contract. My offer is sound, bold, and necessary. In order to gain my inheritance, I have to have a wife. She thinks her clause will keep me from having her skin on mine. She’s very wrong…”
- The Kings of Kearny: A Steamy MC Romance by Navessa Allen
- Heavy is the Head: Love & War by Katrina N. Lewis
- Head Above Water by Oria Maimon Cohen
- Keeping Happily Ever After by Elena Aitken
- Saving Us: A novel of love and friendship (Northern University Book 1) by Wendy Million <— FOOTBALL STAR!! “…Natalie Chapman is drawn into a friendship and flirtation with Northern University’s newest football transfer, Sebastian Swan, when her roommate and best friend, Annika, begins dating his teammate. Fresh off a breakup, Natalie isn’t interested in hooking up with a player who has women chasing him all over campus. But Sebastian claims his best quality is perseverance, and he has no problem pursuing Natalie instead...”
- My First (Surrender Series): Book 1 MM Romance by Sky McCoy <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- Heavy is the Head: Love & War by Katrina N. Lewis
- Catching Cole (Hell Hounds MC series Book 1) by Erin Mc Luckie Moya
- Arrogant Architect: A Hero Club Novel (The Wright Family Book 2) by Alexa Padgett
- Cocky Gamer: A Hero Club Novel by Lauren Helms
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- My Cruel Salvation (Fallen Saint Series Book 3) by J. Kenner – May 18th 2021
- Fake by Kylie Scott – May 18th 2021
- The Hunting Wives by May Cobb – May 18th 2021
- The Break-Up Book Club by Wendy Wax – May 18th 2021
- Fallen Jester (Tin Gypsy Book 5) by Devney Perry – May 18th 2021
- Local Woman Missing: A Novel by Mary Kubica – May 18th 2021
- Wild North (The North Brothers Book 1) by JB Salsbury – May 18th 2021
- Doin’ A Dime (Souls Chapel Revenants MC Book 4) by Lani Lynn Vale – May 18th 2021
- The Soulmate Equation by Christina Lauren – May 18th 2021
- The Monster Keeps Me Safe by Kitty Thomas – May 19th 2021
- Stalking Gideon Cain by Kerry Alan Denney – May 21st 2021
- Trust: A Friends-to-Lovers Rockstar Romance (Full Moon Book 1) by Stacy Stone – May 21st 2021
- For Lucy by Jewel E. Ann – May 23rd 2021
- Tie Me Down: A Small Town Friends to Lovers Romance (Bellamy Creek Series Book 4) by Melanie Harlow – May 24th 2021
- Dream Spinner (Dream Team Book 3) by Kristen Ashley – May 25th 2021
- Wildflower Season: A Novel (The Carolina Girls Book 1) by Michelle Major – May 25th 2021
- Malibu Rising: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid – May 25th 2021
- A Fate of Wrath & Flame by K.A. Tucker – May 25th 2021
- All My Darkest Impulses (House of Crows Book 1) by Lisa Unger – May 27th 2021
- Fog Descending (House of Crows Book 2) by Lisa Unger – May 27th 2021
- Circling the Drain (House of Crows Book 3) by Lisa Unger – May 27th 2021
- Love the Way You Lie (House of Crows Book 4) by Lisa Unger – May 27th 2021
- Good To Be Bad (Good In Bed Book 2) by Lauren Blakely & Lili Valente – May 28th 2021
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!