<— P.S. I posted this late Sunday night ’cause this one went LIVE super-early (Sunday!!) 😀 So here they all are, while I’m at it.
1.) I started reading “Flock” by Kate Stewart. So far so good, and you KNOW Dominic has me intrigued. I love his moody bossiness! HOT!
2.) I made my mom’s delicious “Chinese spaghetti” (chicken, stir fried/sauteed veggies like broccoli and mushrooms, soy sauce annnnnd… for me? ZOODLES!) I also made my favorite Greek green beans.
3.) My friend and I went to eat at Tibby’s New Orleans Kitchen and I LOVE it there. I had the most amazing spring rolls that were one of the most delicious things I ever had (MUFFULETTA SPRING ROLLS), but the avocado toast I had (with yummy blackened shrimp on top) … meh. The salad and the fruit and the shrimp on that dish were amazing but the avocado had a weird bitter taste. It didn’t look like it was freshly mashed and lacked flavor. I won’t be ordering that again.
4.) I watched two movies while I worked on my blog yesterday. Of course, you know me… I was in the mood for psych-horror/psych-thrillers and both were pretty good!! I’d give 4 stars for each. “You’re Not Alone” <— A mother and her young daughter (they barely know each other because the mom tried to commit suicide and therefore daughter was with her father) move in together after the father’s death, and creepy-scary stuff starts happening in the house. A ghost?? A demon? A presence for sure. Oh boy! Its as an easy watch for me, in regards to it being easy to follow even while I was working and not so scary (for me). I liked the ending.
And then I watched Every Breath You Take (this was psych-thriller for sure) with Casey Affleck. He’s a psychiatrist, and after the suicide of one of his patients that seemed to be doing so well, her brother ends up befriending the psychiatrist’s family (but he’s… stalker-creepy, let’s just say). Scary at points (not horror-scary, but psycho-scary) and an amazing twist in the end! Very good (and great acting!!) And also super easy to follow while I worked.
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- The Spark by Vi Keeland <— ALREADY #1 on AMAZON KINDLE!!! HOLY. MOLY! This one sounds like SO MUCH FUN!! She met him because she had his luggage and they spent the weekend together.. “…So what did I do to repay him for his kindness? I waited until he was in the shower, then ghosted him. My life was too complicated for such a great guy. In the months that passed, I thought about Donovan often. But New York City had eight-million people, so what were the chances I’d run into him? Then again, what were the chances I’d run into him a year later…when I’d just started dating his boss?…”
- Ring of Steel (Rebel Vipers MC Book 2) by Jessa Aarons
- A Principal for Wolf Rebel (Wild Wolf Shifter Academy Book 4) by Lisa Dainels
- Lost&Found (PASS Series Book 4) by Freya Barker <— FREYA BARKER’S LATEST! SHE’S GOT A STALKER… “…Even with a degree in psychology and a keen ability to read people, security specialist Bree Graves can’t seem to get a bead on her boss. There was a time she thought she had him figured out but she’d been wrong. Still, she loves her job with PASS and her team has become her family. However, she doesn’t realize how much she needs them until her latest assignment puts her on the radar of a dangerous stalker...”
- Pandemonium (Tails Book 5) by R. E. Butler
- Royal Cocktail by J. Kenner
- Dragon Mine (Dragon Kings Book 2) by Donna Grant <— HE’S STILL SEARCHING FOR HER… “… I am hers, and she is mine… Vaughn has spent eons searching for the woman who captured his heart, only to be disappointed time and again. Sure, he sees her in his dreams. May get to touch and hold her. But it’s not the same. As the emptiness inside him grows, he jumps at the chance for a distraction. Setting his eyes on the dragons again in Zora is a balm, but it can’t compare to once again coming face-to-face with the gorgeous beauty who holds a piece of his soul…”
- All the Luck You Need (Asheville Brewing) by A.R. Casella
- Baby and the Wolf (Shifter Rescue Book 1) by Victoria Sue
- Out of Bounds (Atlanta Rising Football Club Book 1) by Claire Hastings <— HE’S STILL GRIEVING & SHE WORKS IN THE SPORTS INDUSTRY.. “…The only games Gunnar Gracin has time for are the ones he coaches on the pitch. But life just keeps bending the ball, especially where the women in his life are concerned. The death of his wife over a decade ago was a devastating loss. Discovering an adult daughter from an encounter he doesn’t remember changed all the rules. And working for the frosty, sharp-tongued Felicity is downright infuriating. But as Gunnar and Felicity spend more time together, the tension between them sizzles…”
- Minor Trouble: A single dad romance by Julie Archer
- Both Then and Now (Both/And Book 2) by Michelle Thorne <— AT 18 SHE BECOMES HER MOTHER’S CARETAKER... “…every step Niki takes is backward. She can barely breathe with all the pressure and heartache she feels, and her mother’s doctor is threatening to report her for elderly neglect if she doesn’t get help. She would, if only there were any money left. So, when Clive reappears in her life offering to help, she wants nothing to do with him, his inviting green eyes, or gentle pursuit, but what choice does she have? There is no one else. With her mother’s mind gone and Clive’s five-year absence, Niki hasn’t belonged to anyone in a long time...”
- Revive: A Salvation Society Novel by Heather Lyn
- Relinquish: A Salvation Society Novel by Alexia Chase
- Unveiled: A Salvation Society Novel by Verlene Landon
- Captivating Commander: A Hero Club Novel by Tiffany Carby <— HE’S A PLAYBOY PILOT & SHE’S A DOCTOR!! “…Doctor of Ophthalmology may be my title, but ophthalmologist-on-call with the local emergency room is what pays the bills. Late nights, long hours, and constantly changing shifts is tiresome, but it’s a means to an end. My dreams of owning my own practice and caring for patients on my terms is a passion I’ll pursue eventually. For now, I have to settle for unexpected injuries and patients who open my eyes to new possibilities, even when they refuse to open theirs.….”
- Revelation: A Salvation Society Novel by Missy Ann
- Down ‘n’ Dirty Dog: A Hero Club Novel by Eve Black <— THE STRIPPER & THE LIBRARIAN ALERT!! “…Putting the “sin” in Sin City. It’s his job. His vice. His punishment for being alive. He wallows in it, doing whatever he can to fill the hollow spaces left by his grief. His rage. Performing for screaming women…. A numb cycle of faceless hook-ups, wicked nights, and trying to forget. He is just a body women crave, nothing more. A shell that was once a US Marine…looking for something to fill the void where his heart used to be, but nothing fits. Until he meets her. Until he meets the one woman who doesn’t fall for his careless charm, his smirk, his golden tongue...”
- Voice of Darkness: An Epic Fantasy Adventure (Kingdom of Voices Book 1) by A.G. Houser <— Dragonborn magic. A blood-thirsty sorceress. A kingdom on the brink of destruction.
- Wall Flower by Jessica Prince <— THE SHY BRUNETTE & THE BURLY MECHANIC! “…Willow Thorne had gotten really good at blending in with the wallpaper. The shy, quiet little mouse was more comfortable spending her days in her protective little bubble. Then she met a big, burly mechanic who looked really good on a motorcycle and made her feel things she’d never felt before…”
- Reckless: A Salvation Society Novel by Nicole Blanchard
- Winter Bloom (Dating Season Book 4) by Laurelin Paige & Kayti McGee
- A Second Chance At Forever: A Small Town Enemies To Lovers Romance (Men of Rocky Mountain) by Alexis Winter
- My Greatest Mistake (Crazy In Love Book 1) by T Gephart <— FORTUNE TELLER TOLD HER ABOUT HER SOULMATE!! “…Love isn’t fated. And anything revealed by a sideshow fortune teller about soulmates is also bogus. But when the same unique name is called over the loudspeaker at a hospital years later, even a skeptic like Zara can’t fight the curiosity. And when he turns out to be a witty, good-looking, intelligent and successful lawyer, a girl might rethink her stance...”
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- All These Warriors (All These Monsters) by Amy Tintera – July 13th 2021
- Such a Quiet Place: A Novel by Megan Miranda – July 13th 2021
- Leashed (Hellhounds Book 2) by Katja Desjarlais – July 13th 2021
- The Therapist: A Novel by B. A. Paris – July 13th 2021
- Exposed (VIP Book 4) Kristen Callihan – July 13th 2021
- The Brazen (Calamity Montana Book 3) by Willa Nash – July 15th 2021
- Last Guard (Psy-Changeling Trinity Book 5) by Nalini Singh – July 20th 2021
- The Good Lie by A. R. Torre – July 20th 2021
- Totally Folked (Good Folk Book 1) by Penny Reid – July 20th 2021
- The Ice Duchess: Prequel to the Duchess Society Series by Tracy Sumner – July 22nd 2021
- Pretty Falling Pieces by Isabelle Culpo – July 25th 2021
- The Muse: A Beautiful Magic Standalone by Lauren Blakely – July 26th 2021
- Devil in Disguise by Lisa Kleypas – July 27th 2021
- The Duke Goes Down: Duke Hunt by Sophie Jordan – July 27th 2021
- Small Favors by Erin A. Craig – July 27th 2021
- For Your Own Good by Samantha Downing – July 27th 2021
- Claimed (Lair of the Wolven, The Book 1) by J.R. Ward – July 27th 2021
- A Good Day for Chardonnay: A Novel (Sunshine Vicram Series Book 2) by Darynda Jones – July 27th 2021
- Love Next Door (Lakeside Book 1) by Helena Hunting – July 27th 2021
- Not a Happy Family: A Novel by Shari Lapena – July 27th 2021
- The Right Side of Wrong by Prescott Lane – July 29th 2021
- The Timepiece and the Girl Who Went Astray: A thrilling new time travel adventure by O.R. Simmonds – July 30th 2021
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!