<— LOOKIT WHAT’S LIVE!!! VI KEELAND’S LATEST!! 😀 The Rivals actually went live early yesterday, so in case you missed it… here it is!
Susan: Woo Hoo. My Sunday plans just changed!
Kathe: Just ordered! Thx
1.) GUESS WHAT?? Butcherbox is accepting subscriptions again!! They got overloaded during the initial start of the pandemic, but they’ve been tried and true for me for all the months I’ve been with them so far with amazing meat selections (grass-fed, free-range and organic!!), great deals, and that, coupled with my Misfits Markets Vegetables subscription keeps me from having to the grocery store. Except for when I need cheese. 😉 Oh how I love cheese!!
2.) Since I’ve been saving all of the seeds from my the vegetable in my veggies subscription, I decided to take it a step further and start composting. I usually saved veggie scraps in the freezer for when I made a chicken stock, but with as many veggies as I process every weekends, composting would be an AWESOME option, too. My coffee grounds, my egg shells, and whatever veggie scraps that don’t make my stock collection will make for some rich compost. Here’s the one I just got for inside under my counter (so I can empty once a week) INTO —> this one for outside. I’ll be getting a second one of those, so I can have two going at different stages.
3.) I’m in love with this barely there nail polish by Essie called Minimally Modest. Just so pretty and delicate and sheer and shiny. And just pink enough that it doesn’t give that “yellow” tint to my nails which doesn’t suit me at all.
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
- EXTENDED THROUGH AUGUST!! ➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. 😲❤️ WE ARE LOVING IT!
- The Rivals by Vi Keeland <— VI KEELAND ENEMIES TO LOVERS ALERT!! Their families have been at war against each other for years!! “…For the most part, we kept as much distance as possible. Until the day the woman who started the feud died—and unexpectedly left one of the most valuable hotels in the world to our grandfathers to share. Now I’m stuck in a hotel with the man I was born to hate, trying to unravel the mess our families inherited…”
- Do Depend on Your Keeper (Jewel Family Romance Book 8) by Cami Checketts
- Broken Bond: A Reverse Harem Shifter Romance (Claimed by Wolves Book 2) by Callie Rose
- Filthy Wolf (Junkyard Shifters Book 2) by Liza Street
- The Unseen: A Novella of the Elder Races by Thea Harrison <— THEA HARRISON ALERT!! “…From New York Times bestselling author Thea Harrison comes the first in an explosive new quartet of stories set in the Elder Races world…. Dragos and Pia are back by popular vote!..”
- A Heart Renewed: A Christian Romance (New Hope Falls Book 4) by Kimberly Rae Jordan
- Mated in Flames: An Australian Ranch Shifter Paranormal Romance (Burnt Skies Book 1) by Jade Alters
- Plain and the Billionaire’s Seduction (Plain Jane Series Book 3) by Tmonique Stephens
- Vampire Captives (From Blood to Ashes Book 1) by Kestra Pingree
- A Little Pill Called Love by Jas T. Ward <— SHE LIVES IN HER BOOKS… “…Rylie Marshall has blue, green, yellow, and a mixture of pills that made her “normal.” But her idea of normal and what her mother or society wanted her to be never seemed to match up. She lives day-by-day in a fantasy land within her own troubled head and books. Reading was her escape whenever even her head denied her such a haven. So, how was she to know that one day, sitting on the beach, a book would show her the one thing she didn’t have, but might change her life… Love…”
- Touched by the Alien Barbarian: A Sci Fi Alien Romance (Warrior Clans of Maekon Book 3) by Jude Gray
- War (Feral Hearts Book 1) by Gwen Knight and R. E. Butler
- Dishing Up Love by KD Robichaux <— THE FAMOUS TV CHEF & THE PSYCHOLOGIST ALERT! “…Chef Curtis Rockwell, host of the award-winning Chef To Go, never knows who the next participant on his show will be. State to state, city to city, he scours grocery store aisles each episode, looking for the perfect stranger to go home with so he can teach them how to cook a gourmet meal. It’s always been just a part of his job, a job he loves but still a job… Then he spots her. The perfect participant. The perfect woman. A woman not even his dreams could have conjured up….”
- Bad Wedding (Billionaire’s Club Book 9) by Elise Faber
- Dealing in Magic (The Leira Chronicles Book 5) by Martha Carr and Michael Anderle
- André (High Rise) by Jayce Ellis <— M/M ROMANCE One night stand ends up being his boss!!! “…The last thing he wants—or needs—is his impeccably dressed, hot-as-hell one-night stand as his boss. As they work side by side, their attraction grows to a fever pitch, but there will be no kissing, no touching and absolutely no sex until the project is over—if they can wait that long…”
- Beautifully Wrecked (Candied Crush Book 3) by Charity Parkerson <— M/M ROMANCE
- Sweet Revenge by Tilly Keyes <— M/M ROMANCE
- Cassian and Savannah (Love By Design Book 2) by KeKe Renée
- The Player’s Game (The Players’ Pact Book 2) by Alice Gaines
- The Lady (The Dirty Heroes Collection Book 14) by Golden Angel <— HE’S THE OVERLORD OF LONDON’S UNDERGROUND… “…Henry rules his dark world with both charm and violence, bending the willing and breaking all others. Intent on claiming the newly fallen Lady Delilah for his own, Henry offers her protection for a price. Now Delilah is leashed. Claimed. Mastered. And as she accepts her fate as The Tramp’s pet...”
- Inked by Sarah Darlington
- 5150Oh (Chasing Dreams Book 4) by Kori Hart
- Fire Inside Me by J. Hali Steele
- Poison Study (The Chronicles of Ixia Book 1) by Maria V. Snyder <— FROM ONE PRISON TO THE NEXT… “…Locked deep in the palace dungeon for killing her abuser, Yelena knows she’ll never be free again. The laws in Ixia are strict, and murderers must be executed, no matter the reason. But just as she’s resigned herself to her fate, she’s offered an extraordinary reprieve. As the food taster, Yelena will eat the best meals, have rooms in the palace — and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia. To make matters worse, the chief of security deliberately feeds her Butterfly’s Dust, and only by appearing for her daily antidote will she delay an agonizing death from the poison…”
- Twisted Circles (Secret Society Book 2) by Claire Contreras <— CLAIRE CONTRERAS ALERT!! SHE CAN’T REMEMBER & SHE WAKES UP IN A MENTAL INSTITUTION “…My brain stays stuck there. I try to rewind and fast-forward, as if my memories were on a videotape, but it’s no use. I can’t recall having a sister. They put me back in the car and drop me off in front of a mansion they call The Manor and I discover what the mysterious key in my backpack opens the front door, and just as quickly wish I’d never unlocked it at all…” P.S. It CAN be read as a standalone!! 😀
- The Second Time Around (D.A.R.K. Cover, INC Book 4) by Aliyah Burke
- Murphy (Alpha Force Elite Book 1) by Mazzy King
- Academy of Mages and Shifters II: A Reverse Harem Romance by Laura Wylde
- Beautiful Criminal (Omertà Law, Book #1) by M.N. Forgy <— MAFIA ROMANCE/ARRANGED MARRIAGE ALERT! “…When my father orders me to marry a longtime enemy’s daughter to settle a score between our families, she did what any smart woman with a beating heart would do. She ran. So, I found her. She tries to negotiate for her freedom, but despite being inexplicably drawn to the deviant woman, I refuse her pitiful bribes with pleasure. I still have a job to do…”
- Her Almost Cowboy: clean cowboy romance (Sagebrush Ranch Book 2) by Laura Ann
- Spear’s Search (Assassins of Gravas Book 1) by N.J. Walters
- Hades (Contemporary Mythos Book 1) by Carly Spade <— A HADES/PERSEPHONE RE-IMAGINING!! “…When she set foot in the gorgeous tropical resort in Greece, she had no idea she’d meet a man claiming to be Hades, god of the Underworld. And she certainly had no idea that he was telling the truth. Her Greek vacation was about to become very…interactive...”
- Les is More: A College Romantic Comedy (West University Book 1) by Jess Carpenter
- The Fear of Falling by B. Cranford
- Silent Cowboy (Sutton’s Ranch Book 3) by M. Allen
- Diesel (Chrome Gypsies MC Book 1) by Starlyn James
- Beautiful Scars: A Dark Romance (Cruel Heroes Book 1) by Ariana Black <— DARK ROMANCE ALERT!! “…She is a means to an end. Half my size and and ten times as innocent. The job is simple. Ruin Meisie. Destroy her mother. Keep my business. It’s the target who is complicated. She’s broken. Scarred. Away with the fairies. And everything I never knew I needed. She wants to go home? I’ll make sure she never leaves…”
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Engagement and Espionage (Handcrafted Mystery Book 1) by Penny Reid – July 14th 2020
- The Only Good Indians by Stephen Graham Jones – July 14th 2020
- How to Save a Life by Liz Fenton & Lisa Steinke – July 14th 2020
- After All: A Romancing Manhattan Novel by Kristen Proby – July 14th 2020
- What You Wish For by Katherine Center – July 14th 2020
- From Spirit and Binding (Elements of Five Book 3) by Carrie Ann Ryan – July 14th 2020
- Trust No One by Debra Webb – July 14th 2020
- Night of the Mannequins by Stephen Graham Jones – July 14th 2020
- Star Bright (Bright Young Things Book 1) by Staci Hart – July 14th 2020
- Ever Cursed by Corey Ann Haydu – July 14th 2020
- The Plan Commences (The Rising Book 2) by Kristen Ashley – July 14th 2020
- This Love Hurts by W. Winters – July 14th 2020
- Chosen by Marla Meyers – July 15th 2020
- The Game Maker by Kitty Thomas – July 15th 2020
- What’s Left of Me by Kristen Granata – July 16th 2020
- How to Date a Younger Man by Kendall Ryan – July 20th 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
1. I’m obsessed with Queen of the South. I’m on season 3 already. It’s so much more intense and brutal 😅 I’m gonna need something fluffy after.
2. I’ve been craving fall and pumpkin spice already and now I’ve seen one of my fave coffee shops has an Autumn Twilight drink (hazelnut, cinnamon, white chocolate) today and it’s kismet.
3. Our school announced they’re coming back, late August and are suggesting masks for grades 3 and up, but not required. More details later this week and I’m so glad. I know the numbers are scary right now, not so much here, but I personally needed this. I can’t handle the stress of alternatives at this time. 😅
I watched the first few episodes of Queen of the South many months ago – I think I was halfway through season 1. I did love it too… I should try and get back to it.
Autumn Twilight sounds like absolute heaven and exactly what I would choose!!!!!
And yes… school is starting back up in August here too.
You should! I always research a show I’m into so I’m prepared for the let down of it having a cliffy or no more seasons, but they renewed for season 5. Stinkin Corona leaves it up in the air when that will be, but at least there is hope.
I’ve got Queen of the South on my list – – good to know how much you enjoyed it!
Yay for you with a start date on school. I’m so grateful my kids are grown….I think I would have been in the funny farm if the quarantine happened when they were young….:-O
I’m sorry for your loss. Losing a parent, I think, is one of the hardest things we go through.
Thank you Bev! I’d have to agree…it’s not good.
1. Moved my daughter out of her apartment at Mizzou yesterday…even though she doesn’t finish the nursing program until the end of July. How do apartments get away with this crap?! Fortunately, she has friends she can “bunk” with for the next few weeks….
2. I’m super excited that NetGalley started posting audiobooks for review. I knew it was coming but they are up now! (It’s the little things for me y’all)
3. My Mom passed away recently. My Dad used to love to read when he was younger. I think I’m going to try to get him back into it ….does anyone have good suggestions for books that a 73 yo grandpa might enjoy 🙂 He used to read a lot of fantasy back in the day. But recently my Mom listened to Where the Crawdads Sing and she and my Dad discussed it every day…so I think he’s got a pretty broad range… potentially. Any ideas would be appreciated.
I am so sorry to hear about your mom, Michele G. That breaks my heart. I can’t imagine my life without mine, and it sometimes keeps me up at night. We spend almost every single day together via FaceTime, so we’re closer than ever.
I want to hug you so bad right now.
As for your dad, I bet Tasha J and bev have some gorgeous, epic & poignant reads to recommend. I’d say The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah?
Thanks Maryse. I have to admit it’s tough…I’m an only child and my Dad is still in NC while I’m in St. Louis…working on relocating him…but it’s gonna be a process. The Nightingale is a great rec. Also, I had just gifted my Mom Before We Were Yours ….which I also think he might like. Since he used to read some “out there stuff” – – I might suggest The Sun Down Motel…it’s totally different and I think might distract him pretty well. What do you think, Tasha (since I know you read it too)?
I’m so sorry about your Mom, Michele!
Praying for you both and hoping your move goes as smoothly as possible, especially at a time like this. 🙁
Yes, Home Before Dark is also super engrossing and he may like that. Uhm, Sh*t My Dad Says is quick and funny, with wise words and a lot of love between father and son. The Other People if you’re wanting the thriller route, The Chalk Man, FantasticLand is pretty out there. The Snow Child is lovely. I think for anyone. This is hard cuz he’s a guy, lol. Dark Matter by Blake Crouch. Heartsick by Chelsea Cain. Donners of the Dead by Karina Halle? I can’t remember if there are any sexy times in it. Nora Roberts Year One?
Ohh great suggestions…I’ve read some of these too and I think he might like them. Thank you Tasha!
1. I’m finally making the pork loin roast-y thing that came in my butcher box. I threw it in the crock pot with mushroom soup and onion soup mix because I’m lazy, but I’m kind of regretting it because it came all prettily netted and I’m betting I just wasted a really good chunk of meat that should have probably been roasted to medium in the oven. 😬
2. I’ve been reading Boyfriend Material all night and most of the day and I’m obsessed with it. Super heavy on the swoon meter! It will make my annual top ten for sure.
3. I finally watched You Should Have Left Saturday night, outside, by myself, with all the lights off. I got about halfway through before all the lights came back on. 😆
I would do the same thing with meat…throw it in the crockpot and then lament how I “should” have cooked it. Lol…good to know I’m not alone. Also, I just downloaded Boyfriend Material on Hoopla…free 🙂 You’ve sold me! And seriously…what were you thinking outside in the middle of the boonies by yourself watching that movie in the dark…with only Alice to protect you …lol!
It helped that Lynette buddy watched it with me! She kept going, “OMG did you see that?!” And I was like, “No, I was typing!” But really it was because I was constantly looking over my shoulder!
I just finished Boyfriend Material and it was awesome!! Def a top ten pick for 2020. I got the ebook on Hoopla and the audio on a different site. CloudLibrary, I think. It was fantastic as well. I read and listened simultaneously.
Meh, I do crockpot loins all the time and we enjoy them. I’m sure it’ll be great.
Yep. It was pretty darn good!
R., I just had to pick up Boyfriend Material because of Maryse’s rec a while back and then yours today. I LOVED IT and devoured it one sitting. Hands down best book of the year for me so far!!! Thanks so much for mentioning it. That needs to be optioned for a movie ASAP!
I was just talking to a friend about it! I adored it! Did you read Red, White & Royal Blue? That one was even better! I only picked up BM because the cover reminded me of that one!
I loved that one! BM gave me the added Bridget Jones vibes that I loved with crazy friends and daily hijinx too.
Yes!! I got a Notting Hill vibe too!
1. Watching It’s Ok To Not Be Ok and loving it. Visually it is stunning and I love the lead characters, even if the heroine is a little unusual. It is dark and whimsical.
2. I think I have pre orders coming in tomorrow/tonight but I’m not sure.
3. Schools opening makes me happy and worries me all at the same time. I am not sure how to completely feel about it.
Also, Maryse Florida…..be careful. You too R.
I checked out It’s Ok To Not Be Ok….I’m intrigued.
It is really good and different.
Thanks bev. Just watching our positivity rating climb and hiding out. The state is at 17.65% and our county is now at 15.10%. Florida’s one point above us. The aftermath from the 4th hasn’t hit yet, I’m afraid and we’re in a touristy area that was packed with people over the holiday.
That so sucks. I’m surprised by how many are traveling over county and state lines. Also, celebrities going on international travel and no one is commenting on it. I saw that Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson are in Greece and I was shocked!
I’ve seen some comments here and there by people from other countries that are so baffled by us. And it is not bashing, they just dont understand what we are doing.
Bev, I saw you finished Mexican Gothic. I’m still on chapter 12, but plan to pick it back up when I’m not consumed with this show anymore. 😂 Does it get scarier? A little more thrilling?
I’m a scaredy cat so some parts probably got a little more tense or creepy for me than they might for you. Overall I think it kept its tone and was a good story. I saw someone give it a B and I’d go with that.
Really liked the heroine all the way through. Which when we are only in her thoughts I appreciate.
Good to know. Hoping to get back to it soon!
1. Melbourne (Australia) and some surrounding areas have gone back into lockdown due to second wave, and only Year 11 and 12 students allowed to go to school. Everyone else schooling online. I live in a country town, and luckily we haven’t been locked down this time as the outbreak is mainly confined to Melbourne. The state borders have been closed though and you need a permit to cross 🙁
2. Just trying to stay positive in this crazy old world. Keeping on keeping on. Taking happiness and joy in my family and the little things. So sorry for your loss, Michele.
3. Have been doing more baking than usual while home on holidays. Can’t go anywhere, so….. I’ve made bread, muffins flavoured with orange from our own backyard tree, savoury scones (what you guys call biscuits, maybe??) flavoured with cheese, tomato, onion, baby spinach. It’s fun. Last night made a chicken casserole with an epic amount of veggies. Lots of tomatoes, zucchini, capsicum, onion, baby spinach. Had the savoury scones with it. Turned out good.
I wish I was quarantined with you 😍😋 Sounds delish!
That would be fun. We could bake (and eat!) together!