HAPPY MONDAY everyone!!! I’m excited about the upcoming week and also the potential that my sister will be arriving the first week of August. I haven’t seen her in 2 years, I think? She’s the one that would come over 2 times a year and spend a month with me (she often would give me her book reviews to post while she was here), and I’ve been missing her BIG TIME! *fingers crossed* Stupid Covid!!!
1.) I just got my first “meal” subscription package today! 😀 “Hello Fresh” is up for this next week so I will let you know what I think. Three meals for 2 that I need to prepare (I received just the fresh ingredients plus the recipe cards) but since it’s only me, it will be a full week of suppers… I think. 😉 Honestly, meat wise, for 2? My first impression? Small portions. I dunno any man that would be excited by that tiny amount of food. LOL! But then again… proper portion sizes are important and this is probably very good in the grand scheme of things. I’ve got 3 more subscriptions coming from other meal companies (some already cooked and just need to be warmed up and I’m kind of extra excited about those). This will be a month long experiment and I will let you know what I think.
2.) I spent the entire weekend at home, but I got to see a whole estate sale going on across the street from me. I live on such a quiet street, and Saturday morning I woke up to a plethora of cars EVERYWHERE trying to find parking, and all sorts of fluorescent signs on my lawn saying NO PARKING! As well as other lawns. LOL! I appreciated that. So much excitement this weekend for a “stay-at-home” weekend.
3.) I got SO much done this weekend. Lots of organizing, sorting and throwing away… and even spray painting a couple of wood stools that I’m going to use as plant stands in my front entrance of my home. 😀 Yay creativity!!! It was a quiet weekend, but a productive and fulfilling one.
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- After Us (Next Generation Book 6) by J.M. Walker <— SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE!!! “…Jaron Mercer rescued me. But after spending more than a year in jail, he came back a different person. No longer was he the man I had fallen in love with but a shell of himself instead. Now we would have to work even harder to be together. Even though he was taken from me, he left me a gift in return. I was constantly reminded of his love. For me. For her. While we tried reconnecting and finding us all over again, there was a plan behind the scenes to make him pay for what he’d done…”
- The Ice Duchess: Prequel to the Duchess Society Series by Tracy Sumner
- The Adversary: A Novella of the Elder Races (The Chronicles of Rhyacia Book 2) by Thea Harrison
- Bite Me (Shadow Guild: Vampire Bride Book 1) by Linsey Hall
- Mistress: A Lesbian Age Gap Romance by Emily Hayes
- Boss with Benefits: A Secret Baby Romance (Bosses and Babies) by Crystal Monroe
- Seeking Happily Ever After by Elena Aitken <— FAKE FIANCE SINGLE DAD BILLIONAIRE!! “…The last thing Charlotte Davis expected when she walked into the bakery was to snuggle the sweetest baby girl and lie to a case worker that she’s engaged to be married to her father, it just happened. It’ll all be worth it if it helps Nick win custody of his daughter. And her growing feelings for the sexy single dad? Well, that does complicate things a little. Sexy, smart, and amazing with babies…his fake fiancée has it all….”
- Out for the Holidays and Out for Gold: MM College Romance (Out in College Book 9) by Lane Hayes
- The Player and the Bookworm: a one-night stand, surprise pregnancy rom-com (The Legends Book 2) by Erin McCarthy
- Mr. Motorcycle: A Billionaire Romance by Winter Travers
- Her Titans: Ironhaven Book One by Genevieve Jasper
- Her Audition: A Standalone Romantic Suspense (First Encounters) by Ashlyn Fables and Sierra Summers <— TEACHER-STUDENT!! “…Desperate times call for desperate measures, and for Jessa, that means auditioning for a nude modeling position at the local university. But the audition doesn’t go as planned when Jessa is told she isn’t cut out to be a model. With nowhere else to turn, she pleads with the professor for the job, but he knows that with a body like hers, it would only cause chaos in his classroom. So he offers her a different position. It’s just a job. Nothing more. Or at least that’s what they tell themselves...”
- Wolf, Shifted: A Rejected Mates Shifter Romance (Exiled World: The House of the Crescent Moon Book 1) by Rebecca Ethington
- Wayward Soldier (The Wayward Souls Trilogy Book 2) by Mandi Konesni
- Doctor Arrogance: A Hero Club Novel by Alandra Knight <— Whoooooooops????!!! “…The charming, handsome stranger sitting next to me on the plane talking all the way to paradise? Perfect start to this trip. I can resist him and his smoldering looks, killer smile and confident attitude. Until I figure out that he’s my neighbor at the resort. His washboard abs and that perfect V…I don’t think I can resist him for a whole week. Giving in to temptation is easy. The souvenir he leaves me with? Not so much...”
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Small Favors by Erin A. Craig – July 27th 2021
- For Your Own Good by Samantha Downing – July 27th 2021
- The Duke Goes Down: Duke Hunt by Sophie Jordan – July 27th 2021
- Devil in Disguise by Lisa Kleypas – July 27th 2021
- Claimed (Lair of the Wolven, The Book 1) by J.R. Ward – July 27th 2021
- A Good Day for Chardonnay: A Novel (Sunshine Vicram Series Book 2) by Darynda Jones – July 27th 2021
- Love Next Door (Lakeside Book 1) by Helena Hunting – July 27th 2021
- Not a Happy Family: A Novel by Shari Lapena – July 27th 2021
- Revealing the Monster: Playing with Monsters by Amelia Hutchins – July 27th 2021
- Just One Look by Lindsay Cameron – July 27th 2021
Tasha J: Oh, hey! I finished an arc recently that releases this Tuesday that I think is right up your alley! Definitely a read if you like “You”. It’s called Just One Look by Lindsay Cameron.
Maryse: OH YESSSSS PLEASE!!!! I LOVED You and love crazy stalker reads!! Thank you Tasha!! 😀
- The Right Side of Wrong by Prescott Lane – July 29th 2021
- The Timepiece and the Girl Who Went Astray: A thrilling new time travel adventure by O.R. Simmonds – July 30th 2021
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!